Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Vaarka

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
You need to chill the fuck out. The fact you told several players you were wating on harder and didn't inform the entire town siginificantly hurt the game integrity this game

Except, i did that first thing when i got online today. Posted both in the sign-ups and this thread itself. What you need to do is realize you spouted off a specious and obtuse bullshit accusation at someone, over something that amounts to either it not being done right away, or not paying attention

Maybe understand that you can't just go around accusing people of lacking integrity, particularly when you are generally oblivious to the plainly obvious(as evidenced numerously throughout this series) without expecting them to respond? The anger has dissapated at this point. I just want you to understand that what you said was both insulting, and belies you assumed the worst when judging my actions, which is also pretty insulting to boot. 

Maybe apologize? I'm sorry for acting in a hostile manner previously, im not sorry for responding to you regarding your insult though. That is more than merited. Do you really think you can go around and accuse people like you did to me,without getting a response? One that is sometimes hostile? I challenge you to go up to someone you know and question their integrity, see what kind of reaction you get most often. (Hint: Its not gonna be a nice one).  
David
Debates: 92
David
-->
@Buddamoose
Im sorry if you feel that I crossed the line. All I’m explaining is how the game was hurt. On MU you’d probably have gotten a hosting ban or restriction. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Buddamoose

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
The proper way to handle this would be to start the dayphase normally and announce you need a replacement for player X. By announcing to players you're waiting for a player signifies that they're either scum or a PR. 
I wasnt the one who started the DP you dolt lol. My god, if i had been the one to post it, dont you think I woulda posted that in the OP? It was my mistake in not informing Vaarka that needed to be done explicitly. but i did make it known 1Harder was going to need to be replaced. But again, the moment i got online and saw it hadn't been done, i posted that he was inactive publicly. This is in essence the same as Daytona, as when questioned about his activity, i made it clearly known that though he was inactive during the NP, the inactivity policy i laid out clearly limited me in replacing him until he had been inactive for 2 phases(starting with a DP of inactivity.) 

Really? Thats your complaint? That it wasn't done right away? My bad for wanting to go out on a Friday night and thinking Vaarka, a mod with plenty of experience, could handle it. I'll be ever so sure to make sure i dont go out anywhere in the future when a DP is set to be posted. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Greyparrot
I'll drop the argument once Virtuoso actually apologizes for his accusation that my actions lacked integrity. My anger has dissapated, that doesnt change that the insult was put out there to begin with. I have tolerance for alot of stuff, questioning my integrity is not one of those things.
David
David
I already said I was sorry if you felt I crossed the line. Don’t you fucking dare call me a dolt. You said the game phase was delayed because you were waiting on harder not because you felt like going out on a Friday night. 
XLAV
Debates: 0
XLAV
What a fun game 
XLAV
XLAV
-->
@Buddamoose
Yeah, I miss those 17 players 1000 posts DPs. Games like that are always my favorites. 
Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
-->
@Buddamoose
I don't see what the fuss is about. Vaarka posted godfather by mistake, but that's it? Unless I'm missing something, nothing game breaking has happened.. 
Smithereens
Smithereens
Ironically, ending the game over an accusation of poor integrity would be poor integrity. I think it was all fine otherwise. Vaarka's advice was sage tier, a bit of chill is sometimes necessary. 

I honestly thought budda was drunk posting. 

Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Smithereens
idk if it's true (I haven't checked and group PMs don't exist), but budda posted a replacement thing saying he needed a replacement for 1harder. Virt is pointing out that by doing so, people thought 1harder was the inactive mafia

that or he told someone that he was waiting on 1harder before he ended the night phase.

if it's the first one, not a huge deal honestly, mainly something that would be a "hey maybe next time" fix and a situation where players would hard-mod read. If it's the second one, then Budda is arguing that he stated in the rules that if someone was inactive, he'd give them time to PM him during the NP in case they were just gone for a while. Then he'd replace them if that didn't happen, and therefore his actions of telling people had no mod-confirming merit 

I'm pretty sure that's what's happening anyway. Could be wrong

Smithereens
Smithereens
-->
@David
Yeah lol the moment RMs flip said mafia were also sports I knew I we were probably going to have to scum hunt again. Didn't have the motivation though so I stayed on harder. I had some paranoia about grey when he suggested it was good to vote him because he was inactive, when an uninformed would only be voting scum but I doubt I'd have followed it up. What made you paranoid about me? :) 
David
David
-->
@Smithereens
the way he addressed you in his scum slip.
Smithereens
Smithereens
-->
@Vaarka
If the town arrive at a faulty conclusion that's the towns fault. Nothing game breaking there. You didn't do anything game breaking either. The godfather slip was really mundane, probably the smallest mistake a mod can make. It seems virts view that budda lacked integrity is what triggered budda to end the game  
Smithereens
Smithereens
-->
@David
Yeah absolutely lol. I agree that made me look suspicious as hell and I remember groaning internally when you pointed it out XD
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Ironically, ending the game over an accusation of poor integrity would be poor integrity. 
Did i choose to end the game, or put it up for a vote? And was that vote put up because of Virts accusation, or because Vaarka posted the wrong role for rational, in essence disclosing the final scum role? (Hint: It was the latter, not the former xD). I feel such a mistake merited ending the game, but could see if people might have otherwise disagreed with me, therefore i put it up to a vote. How does any of that scream, "lack of integrity"? 

I'm such a monster not unilaterally making the decision to end the game and allowing the players who have invested time in the series to choose for themselves. Such a lack of integrity, so monstrous, so evil that i *gasp* let players choose for themselves. Bird kinda ruined that, but Earth was the 4th person to want to end the game regardless, so it doesnt really make much of a difference fmpov.

You said the game phase was delayed because you were waiting on harder not because you felt like going out on a Friday night. 

My exact response to you in the PM

Later on today, 1Harder didn't post in Dp1 and hasnt notified me he is still participating yet. NP timer will have to fully run out, then replacement request sent out and DP will start
I'm sorry, but how is the phase ending at the maximum time limit, delaying the end of the phase again? Pretty sure, "the NP timer will have to fully run out" means i was giving 1Harder the full, and previously promised, allotted time to announce he was still participating. 

Now, either you just blatantly lied, or you struggle in comprehending language. Which is it? 
David
David
-->
@Smithereens
its all good lol. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@David
@Vaarka
then Budda is arguing that he stated in the rules that if someone was inactive, he'd give them time to PM him during the NP in case they were just gone for a while. Then he'd replace them if that didn't happen, and therefore his actions of telling people had no mod-confirming merit 

This is 100% accurate.

@Virtuoso

I already said I was sorry if you felt I crossed the line.
I dont just feel that you crossed the line, you actually crossed the line, and thats not what you are getting here. I'm sorry i slung the rocks you threw at me right back at you. Two wrongs do not make a right, and for that, I am sorry. But accusations of lack of integrity are insulting and hurtful. Especially when its clearly obvious you presumed malfeasance, as opposed to affording me the benefit of the doubt. When you brought up to me previously regarding addressing balance concerns with you in the game, i disagreed that it confirmed anything, however conceded that such addressals were still nonetheless unnecessary as they were not pertinent information necessary to playing the game. That you were incapable of affording me that same due respect and consideration, adds even further insult. 

My policy maintains the ability to lurk, which though i hate it, is still a valid strategy for both town and scum based upon situation, and acts as a counter to inactives being presumed as lurkers, which, as i pointed out, was a severe issue that derailed plenty of games before post requirements and inactivity policies started becoming a standard practice around here. Its not fair to all other involved players if a player is inactive, which makes them look like they're lurking, which consequentially makes them look scummy and a candidate for being lynched. But saying my handling of inactivity ruins game integrity, when inactivity itself already causes that integrity to be in part damaged, does not acknowledge such a policy is to try to maintain a semblence of a fair playing field, upon a player not participating. Its unfair for mafia if a member of mafia is inactive, its unfair to town if a member of town is inactive. Its unfair on top of that, for players to not otherwise be informed a player is inactive and needs to be replaced. 

Go and read the mafia archives on DDO. You will see a common complaint before post requirements and inactivity policies became a thing, was that it was unfair for players as a whole to not be informed of inactivity. Both for mafia and town. This is 100% true, because that inactivity obviously damages the integrity of the game, and causes actions that otherwise would not have been taken had that player been active or that they were inactive been otherwise known. Actions that often resulted in a loss for the team the inactive player was on. 

But whatever, if you are going to refuse to see that you were way out of line in what you accused me of, then so be it. As its said, treat others how you want to be treated. If you feel its acceptable to presume malfeasance and insult me for BS reasons, then you have no grounds to be surprised or angry that I feel its acceptable for me to act that way with you in turn.
David
David
Look budda im sorry. Let’s move on. 
David
David
I have a very high standard for mafia games and for hosting. I shouldn’t have let my standards spill over into the game 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@David
I am a-ok with moving on now, thank you for apologizing :). 

With that being said, did we all want to restart the game with a new theme, or just end this series? The plan was for the next series to be 9 players, so if y'all want to move on to that I would understand. However, even with 7 players multiple replacement were needed(wylted, daytona, 1harder) so i'm not even sure if a 9 player series would get off the ground, let alone that any beginners would sign up, which is like, the whole point of this series lol.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Buddamoose
Don't you ever pair me with RM again. That jerk just went solo ignoring the group mafia chat and pulled the wildest crap ever. Honestly was ready to quit on that alone (part of the reason I waived NK)...
Smithereens
Smithereens
I think slighting the mod should be discussed in endgame. It happened to me twice in the last game I modded, when sociopinko or whatever his name was accused me of bastardry and again when I mod killed yyw for being a jerk one too many times. The game still goes on regardless and everyone else has a good time. I don't support mod interference based on mod pride. This imo is going to far as a reaction to an opinion that virt is entitled to hold. He literally did nothing wrong, so imo just shrug off his opinion if it triggers you and carry on. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Greyparrot
His claim was out of left field with the actual person thing. I cant make any promises regarding that though, because of the whole randomization thing. Wish I could cause that claim really screwed you as it got him lynched. But Rational has to have as much possibility of being mafia as anyone else regardless of game or potential teammate because otherwise, one would be able to reasonably presume he is most likely, if not always, going to be town. 

Welcome to the beginner series, where "what are you thinking" type play is to be expected xD. Even if that game is all experienced players xD

David
David
I will say this game is a good reason to avoid using OGI to read players (i.e. harder is scum because he didn't submit a kill).

Smithereens
Smithereens
-->
@David
Laziness always wins 
David
David
-->
@Smithereens
Best way to remedy that is to make mafia kills mandatory like they are on MU. If no kill is submitted then randomly select a townie to die.
Smithereens
Smithereens
-->
@David
I think lazy play deserves to be punished, even though im talking to myself here. But greys decision to waive was actually a good scum play given i was intent on lynching harder. Hilarious that his motive was against his wincon. 
David
David
-->
@Smithereens
Agreed -- but on the flip side they would have confirmed harder as town thus making it harder (pun intended) for them to win