Buddas Beginner Series 1.3 "Sports Mafia" DP2

Author: Vaarka

Total: 103
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
I'm not even angry at Vaarka, mistakes happen. That still however, really screw things up. Even if unintentional

So the choice is up to y'all, we can continue the game,, or end it.

End the game (0/4)-

Continue the game(0/4)-

I can understand not wanting to continue, I probably wouldn't want to either. But im not the type to unilaterally end a game even if I think it's the best choice, because im not the only one who has invested into the game, the players have too, so y'all rightfully get that choice. 👌💯
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Buddamoose
VT ENDGAME
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
End the Game (1/4) - Greyparrot

Continue the Game (0/4) - 

I can also, make a new game. I would just need time to craft the theme, set-up, and roles. 

So two votes simultaneous I suppose, if choosing to end the game, would you rather

Start a new game (0/4) -

Or

End the Series (0/4) -

David
Debates: 92
David
End game
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
End the Game (2/4) - Greyparrot, Virtuoso

(If choosing to end the game)

Start new game (0/4)

End Series (0/4)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
I am sorry the screw up in posting the wrong role for Rational happened. Like I said, i gave Vaarka the list of players and roles in full at start of game. Told him what the pertinent night actions were and requested he start the DP for me when the NP timer ran out last night.

I didn't tell him to post the entire role in the OP, so that's my b, but I figured that would be a given cause the standard here is to post the entire role on flip 🤔. Still, I should have expressly said so, as opposed to assuming the general standard in death reveal would be followed. 
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
VTL ENDGAME

kfc

David
David
-->
@Buddamoose

Does anybody even read the fucking OP's? I detailed replacement policy in the first damn game. As the replacement policy dictates, if a player is inactive in a DP, then they have the entire NP to message me regarding their continued participation. 

Honestly, if you lazy fucks arent gonna read OP's and pay attention to rules im just not gonna make them and refuse to answer questions, and let you all figure it out on your own. 

honestly as an experienced mod, this is exactly what you should do. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
honestly as an experienced mod, this is exactly what you should do. 

"Hey do TP's win with town or mafia?"

Fuck you, figure it out for yourself

"Can night actions be waived?" 

"Hey, this player hasn't been posting, are they going to get replaced?" 

"How much activity do i need to produce to not be considered inactive and replaced?" 

Fuck you, figure it out for yourself. 

"Hey, when's the DP going up?"

Fuck you, figure it out yourself

Frankly, your perspective is specious AF and ignores the plethora of information related to mechanics and rules necessary to the game 🤔
David
David
If we decide to continue the game, I'm thinking smithereens is the second scum and harder is probably town. 
XLAV
Debates: 0
XLAV
VTL Harder
XLAV
XLAV
So we doinng this shiit or are we gonna vote for what Budda is voting for?
XLAV
XLAV
VTL Endgame

inactivity iis always bawring
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@David
Im certainly all ears as to how, actually, a game is best played without the rules of the game, the functions therein, and how one wins that game, being known by the players participating. 🤔

Last i checked, if that's not known, then how TF are you going to play that game to begin with? Cause without, what is being played is not the game at all. For example, if we all played a basketball game, but nobody knew or was informed about traveling and how to dribble the ball, and what they can and cannot do with that ball, then what you get is a game being played that is not basketball anymore.

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
End the Game (3/4) - Greyparrot, Virtuoso, XLAV

(If choosing to end the game)

Start new game (0/4)

End Series (0/4)

inactivity iis always bawring

Yes, and if you recall back years ago when the mafia community was more robust on DDO, it also caused numerous games to result in unfair losses. This is why the general practice of post count requirements, and clear inactivity policies was implemented. Because in the event of inactivity, town generally ended up lynching inactives. This is a detriment to a fair game for all involved players. 

This inactivity policy is not new. Its pretty much the same as it was the last time i was regularly modding close to two years ago. And being that it seems inactivity is still an issue, im lost as to how countering that with the aforementioned,policy, and relaying information necessary to the game not being derailed due to inactivity, or creating an unfair playing field, is ruining game integrity. 

FR man, it just seems like when it comes to particular peoples specious opinions, I'm damned if iIo, and damned if I dont. Particularly when it comes to providing information necessary to properly playing the game itself such as rules, win-cons, and mechanics 🤔. 

Never before have i had someone try to claim such information ruins game integrity, and such information should not be provided, yet here it has happened nonetheless. 

As I said, fully willing to acknowledge addressing balance concerns is unnecessary, but mechanics, win-con, and replacement policy? WTF 🙇

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@XLAV
I'll make this easy...endgame I am the last mafia (godfather)
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
End the game
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Games Over

Town Roles

1Harder- You are fishing! A sport in which the winner is determined generally by the size of the fish and/or quantity of fish caught in a set period of time(usually over the course of 1 or 2 days). Fishing heavily incorporates the use of sonar technology so as to spot schools of fish, or larger solo fish able to be caught. This use of sonar as a means to determine where fish are in the water, is why you are the cop! Each night you may investigate one person and determine their affiliation. You win with the town.

Earth- You are running! A sport that is as basic as they come, that is centered around one of the most common aspects of the physical abilities of animals, let alone humans. Thusly you are a vanilla, you have no powers except your vote. You win with the town!

XLAV- You are Mixed Martial Arts! A sport in which the goal is to either knock out your opponent, force them to submit, or to win by judge decision. This sport more than most others heavily relies upon the use of medical professionals, physical therapists, and sports trainers to deal with the injuries that oft result. Thusly you are the Doctor! Each night you may target one person and protect them from being killed. You win with the town..

Virtuoso- You are cycling! An individual sport that heavily incorporates the use of teams to aid in one or more of the team members placing highly as individuals. Thusly, you are the miller, and will appear guilty to all affiliation investigations. You win with the town

Smithereens- You are Squash! A sport played indoors between two people, the goal is to fling the ball against a wall with high velocity in the hopes your opponent misses returning it, thus scoring a point. A game that requires fast reflexes and offers great physical excercise for all ages, Squash sadly, has grown defunct as a sport and has all but died, with only a handful of people still playing, and no professional or amateur tournaments being held anymore. Thusly you are a vanilla, you have no powers beyond your vote, and you win with the town.

Mafia Roles

Rational- You are American Football, also known as "Gridiron". In Football it is often said that "defense wins championships" and this importance of good defensive play is why you are the Roleblocker! Once per night you may target one player and any night action they potentially might act upon, will be blocked(fail). You win with the Mafia.

Greyparrot- You are Billiards. Though typically an individual sport, there are a variety of Billiards games that are team based, such as "Doubles", and most amateur pool leagues operate by way of "teams" in which the total win/loss of all individuals is totaled together to become the overall team win/loss record. Thusly you are the Godfather, and will appear as innocent to all affiliation investigations! You win with the mafia

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Start A New Game with Different Theme (0/4)- 

End Series (0/4)- 

Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Greyparrot
Hello ^.^
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
On Integrity

As it appears there are those who have a perverse sense of integrity. When an officiator of a game does not disclose how they will officiate, the manner by which the game is played, the rules of that game, and what the involved players need to do to win the game, is actually what constitutes as officiating in a manner that lacks integrity. 

To limit myself as an officiator, in the actions i can take, and set forth universal rules by which i myself must adhere to as well(policies and mechanics) cannot be reasoned as a lack of integrity, or actons lacking it. 

I invite anyone who feels otherwise to officiate a sports game of any variety, and eject and/or penalize someone for something not otherwise disclosed, and watch as you are widely regarded as a snake and regarded as acting in a manner that constitutes as rigging the game by all involved parties. Which generally tends to result in being barred from officiating in any capacity for the league for which you are officiating, because such officiating practices are de facto unethical. 

If you wish to question the integrity of my actions as an officiator, and thusly my integrity as a person, then you best expect a response, just as most any other individual would be compelled to respond to such accusations in near any scenario. Anyone who thinks my actions lack integrity, can kindly go shove that opinion where the sun doesn't shine, because they are but illustrating they wouldn' know integrity in action if it smacked them in the face. 

Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Buddamoose
chill

David
David
End series

David
David
Can I host the next series? 
Vaarka
Vaarka
okay, game's over

The slip-up was my fault. I didn't see the full listed role/justification when I was making it. Was kinda hurry to get the DP up and saw RM and Godfather. My eyes did the slip-up and I went "oh okay" and put it in. That part is entirely my fault, and I apologize

Budda, just a tip I've got for you: chill out. Mistakes happen, and people always blame the mods. However, don't let that affect how you treat the game and the players, and more importantly you should try to keep some kind of conduct on how you react and reply to certain things.

Players don't read the OP. It sucks but it happens. If they ask a simple question about it, you can just direct them to the OP or answer it. If they break a rule, and claim they didn't see it, but it is in the OP, then it's their fault, and they should be punished. It's how people learn. 

You're not a bad mod, let me say that. You did a great job this series, just remember not to let your anger or annoyance affect how you interact with the players. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@David
For someone who just admitted they would prefer an officiator act in a manner that cannot under any rational metric be defined as being of integrity and also feels informarion crucially necessary to the effective participation of all involved parties, that request is laughably absurd

David
David
-->
@Buddamoose
You need to chill the fuck out. The fact you told several players you were wating on harder and didn't inform the entire town siginificantly hurt the game integrity this game. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Vaarka
You're not a bad mod, let me say that. You did a great job this series, just remember not to let your anger or annoyance affect how you interact with the players

I have no issue heeding reasonable complaints. As shown by me acknowledging addreseing balance issues was totally unnecessary. 

But when somebody questions my integrity, its far from unreasonable to react angrily. Accusations of a lack of integrity either in actions or as a person, are not trivial accusations by any measure

Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@David
This I can agree with. Never reveal a player name, nor an action or role.

Obviously it sometimes still happens but try to ask yourself "does this give any sort of information to someone who otherwise wouldn't have it" before you say anything. 
David
David
The proper way to handle this would be to start the dayphase normally and announce you need a replacement for player X. By announcing to players you're waiting for a player signifies that they're either scum or a PR.