Author: drafterman

Total: 531
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
@Zaradi
Popcorning makes that a lot more difficult for the scum to do, though. The odds that they would be picked last are only 1/6.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Zaradi
Are we still talking about a potential protective role outting themselves or you and Speed's role PMs? My rejection of people getting town confirmed was addressed to the former.

I’m referring to Speed’s and my role PMs. The former, I agree still has a slight suspicion
Zaradi
Debates: 4
Zaradi
-->
@Lunatic
You're still not getting it xD it's not like someone who's needing to fake-claim is going to be sitting there until it's his turn to go, then starts researching a fake-claim. While we're dragging claims out of everyone else they're going to be researching what else would be a good fit so that there isn't any delay.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
Popcorning makes that a lot more difficult for the scum to do, though. The odds that they would be picked last are only 1/6.

The last person still would be FOS. Plus considering time constraints like school for me, I won’t have time to claim till the very end.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
<br>
You’re not factoring that even if scum is chosen I’m the middle that their fake claim saves their ass. Otherwise it’s like a normal mass claim, the last person is inherently FOS for the rest of the game
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
The last person still would be FOS.
Agreed, but a mass claim will make POE much easier. It could make it possible to town confirm players. If the scum claims in the middle of the popcorn, it could get him lynched.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
You’re not factoring that even if scum is chosen I’m the middle that their fake claim saves their ***.

a mass claim will make POE much easier. It could make it possible to town confirm players. If the scum claims in the middle of the popcorn, it could get him lynched.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
Agreed, but a mass claim will make POE much easier. It could make it possible to town confirm players.
Not necessarily

If the scum claims in the middle of the popcorn, it could get him lynched.

He’d have the time to fake claim just like at the end. Either way the last person would be FOS
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
@ILikePie5
@Zaradi
Disc told me that roles were picked randomly, so my PM is pretty much irrelevant

I'm a Coroner, so I can see someone's true role and affiliation after they die, even if it was altered. I thought this meant there was a role alterer, but random roles means there isn't necessarily one. However, I would advise EVERYONE to put their role and affiliation and what not into their will, just in case there is an alterer

I love the popcorn idea, so I'm popcorning Zaradi

Also, the third party should align themselves with town if possible
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
Agreed, but a mass claim will make POE much easier. It could make it possible to town confirm players. If the scum claims in the middle of the popcorn, it could get him lynched.

Have you considered the alternative I’ve put forth. Make Speed claim cause he knows the role of another person? That inherently should confirm him and the secondary player cause the options are TP, Town, or Town Town
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
Not necessarily
No, not necessarily, but it is likely.
He’d have the time to fake claim just like at the end.
Time isn't the question. The question is whether or not the scum can be CC'ed.

Either way the last person would be FOS
Sort of, but it would be a different dynamic because they weren't last deliberately.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
Disc told me that roles were picked randomly, so my PM is pretty much irrelevant

I'm a Coroner, so I can see someone's true role and affiliation after they die, even if it was altered. I thought this meant there was a role alterer, but random roles means there isn't necessarily one. However, I would advise EVERYONE to put their role and affiliation and what not into their will, just in case there is an alterer
So your claim of knowing the role and name of that person was incorrect?

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
I love the popcorn idea, so I'm popcorning Zaradi
I guess that ends the debate, since a majority is for the mass claim. For better or worse, here we go.

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@ILikePie5
Well it's likely wrong. Also, I never claimed to know anyone's name, just a role that was in the game

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
Sort of, but it would be a different dynamic because they weren't last deliberately.

You’re gambling which is debatably a good idea. Personally I’m anti-gambling, whether it be bets over who wins matches or something else. You’re hoping that the person CCs, but if it doesn’t happen then e’re back at square one with mafia knowing all the roles
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
I’m a redirecter

I can visit someone each night and if they visit someone else, I can force them to visit the target of my choosing.

I’m town
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@PressF4Respect
You were supposed to wait for it to be your turn with the popcorn! Blabbing out your role early ruins the point.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Speedrace
Ok Speed what’s your claim?

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
but if it doesn’t happen then e’re back at square one with mafia knowing all the roles
Except that we know all the roles and have a high chance of town-confirming people.

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@SirAnonymous
Popcorning is stupid

Someone is inherently going to be called last, and they’re gonna be the lynch target.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
Well it's likely wrong. Also, I never claimed to know anyone's name, just a role that was in the game

This is what you said:
I'm not gonna reveal what the role is JUST YET so that person isn't exposed but yeah
So you know a role. Only one person has that role. Therefore that person can be pretty much confirmed.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
You’re gambling which is debatably a good idea. Personally I’m anti-gambling, whether it be bets over who wins matches or something else.
I'm opposed to gambling money as well. However, I am very aware of the value of gambling in a game. It works very well in pitch, but not so well in chess.

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Speedrace
Nvm Ignore the mention.

I didn’t read the whole thread until now
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@PressF4Respect
Popcorning is stupid
No, it makes it harder for the mafia to fake claim because they don't get to choose to claim last. Claiming early ruins that.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
Except that we know all the roles and have a high chance of town-confirming people.

You can’t town confirm that way lol
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@SirAnonymous
I prefer this
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
You can’t town confirm that way lol
Not by merely knowing the roles, no. However, if we have investigative roles, we can test claims, thereby confirming people are telling the truth.

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Lunatic
@ILikePie5
@SirAnonymous
@Zaradi
EVERYBODY CLAIM NOW

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@PressF4Respect
I prefer this
It helps the mafia know what to fake claim.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@PressF4Respect
EVERYBODY CLAIM NOW
No, popcorn it. Don't give the mafia the chance to choose to claim last.