Author: Stronn

Total: 563
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Mopac
If you don't trust anyone other than yoursellf
That's obviously not true. I do trust others. I just acknowledge they are just as flawed as i am... if not more and possibly less. With that i tread carefully.
Zeus4ever
Zeus4ever
-->
@Stronn
No one needs a CHURCH let alone some imbecile boy God that popped out of some illiterate Jewish tribe girl...to EXIST and THRIVE
how utterly idiotic

The youth today have access to information and resources which proves beyond any doubt how Jesus and Allah preaching psychopaths
use their GOD inventions as tools to enslave and rob people of their freedom to think and live in fear - intimidation - violence.

All Churches are twisted spin offs of the early Roman catholic Concentration Camp Cult ...with so many to choose from and all at WAR
against each other and different Religions...they are FED UP with it all...CONGRATULATIONS ! 

The greatest thing the youth are doing is trashing the Abrahamic GOD garbage and the liar con artists behind the Church/Mosque/Temple
facade. They see old and horrifically obsolete sheeple slaves that want them to follow their path to the grave. DISGUSTING.

The Abrahamic Jesus - Allah - Jew Gods are going the way of Zeus and Odin..to Mythology and Comic Books...good riddance.

The older people that attend these Church - Mosque - temples are worn out, old, obsolete, fools who are ready for the grave..
they chose the path to nowhere...the youth will not follow them and rightfully so. They need inspiration and energy not DEATH
and DESTRUCTION by defending some idiot hoax of a GOD...

Jesus - Allah - Jew GOD are not available..they never have or ever will be..all 3 are invented by old fools of a long gone age..
How anyone can follow and accept any of this DISEASE is truly sad..the youth are to smart...let Jesus - Allah - Jew God go.
None are needed they are excuses to commit crimes against all who do not accept the psychopaths that promote them...

Let the GODS DIE....RIP....and don't come back...if humans need another GOD they will invent one !   

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Outplayz

That's obviously not true. I do trust others. I just acknowledge they are just as flawed as i am... if not more and possibly less. With that i tread carefully.
We have this sort of understanding built into the church.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Mopac
We have this sort of understanding built into the church.
That's good. Present day you really, really, need humble and good people to run the Church. But no matter how hard anyone tries... a corrupted human will find their way to your church. I find it's a good thing you say your church is vigilant of such things. Evil never sleeps is a saying right. 

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@ludofl3x
"I'm a Christian because my parents are. What does that have to do with whether life was designed or not, philosophically?"
If I were the professor, I might ask if they are Bible believing Christians (which would probably get me in trouble), or simply cultural Christians, similar to their ethnicity?

"I'd need to see the evidence to make a conclusion."
What would you consider evidence?

"It's A possibility but one without evidence to support it."

"I'm an 11th grader / junior in college taking an elective...I don't know what the multiverse or string theory is, but what do they have to do with philosophy or if there was a creator? Are we ever going to talk about Kant?"

First I would probably explain to them what they are, and then go from there. As far as talking about Kant? Yes, we'll be discussing him next week. Or,

maybe, if time permits. Or, No, he will be covered in the next class.

Could this creator actually have been involved with designing the universe, or only limited to setting the stage for natural evolution?
"Which creator again? Because you've not limited its powers, literally anything we can imagine, it can do. Or could have done if it were still around, can we know if it's still around?"

As far as which creator? I might tell them a generic creator. Just to simply imagine a being wearing a yellow shirt with Creator written in black ink on the front.

"How are the two connected, precisely? Evolution is biology, this is philosophy."

I might ask them if they think for some reason evolution shouldn't be mentioned in a philosophy class?

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@ludofl3x

You see your problem...even you, a staunch ID must be taught in some capacity at public schools proponent, can't figure out a way to wring any education from the proposition. Any test answer could be "because it was designed that way," even the answer to "Why can't we find evidence of a creator?" As far as why I think atheists are critical thinkers, it's because every one I've met in real life arrived at atheism through rational thought, while the critical thinking Christians I know basically apologize for their Christianitiy, saying things like 'I know, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but still. This is how I was raised." As a result, they're forcing themselves to maintain belief out of comfort. 
No, I don't see any problem. And I can't think of anything in ID (or Christianity) that doesn't make sense.

By the way, do you by chance recall how many times I've mentioned to you that I wasn't raised in Christianity? I unfortunately lost count.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@RoderickSpode
 I might ask if they are Bible believing Christians (which would probably get me in trouble), or simply cultural Christians, similar to their ethnicity?

"The question was what do I believe and why, how is that relevant?"

"Something compelling that can be verified independently." (for both)
 I might tell them a generic creator. Just to simply imagine a being wearing a yellow shirt with Creator written in black ink on the front.
"Such a character could have been involved in literally anything."
I might ask them if they think for some reason evolution shouldn't be mentioned in a philosophy class?
"Evolution is science, this is philosophy."
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@RoderickSpode
No, I don't see any problem. And I can't think of anything in ID (or Christianity) that doesn't make sense.

By the way, do you by chance recall how many times I've mentioned to you that I wasn't raised in Christianity? I unfortunately lost count. 

If you can't think of anything in the intelligent design proposition that doesn't make sense, or in Christianity, then I'm going to accuse you of having a closed mind. Explain a loving god providing children with cancer. 

Maybe we should just start with the idea of 'intelligent' design. Because no organisms on earth look like anything a fist year engineering student would 'design.' Bee wings for example. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Outplayz
That's good. Present day you really, really, need humble and good people to run the Church. But no matter how hard anyone tries... a corrupted human will find their way to your church. I find it's a good thing you say your church is vigilant of such things. Evil never sleeps is a saying right.

The church is full of corrupted humans.

I am not saying the church is vigilant of such things(which it is), I am saying that these corrupt humans that fill the church cannot overthrow the church.

Church history is full of corrupt bishops and all sorts of error. The way the church is structured, this stuff gets equalized out. It's not like we have a supreme pontiff who can declare infallibility on some issue and force the rest of the church to comply or anything.

No, one thing about the Orthodox Church is that change happens very slow, because there really isn't a centralized authority.

There are good things and bad things about this. The good thing is that we have maintained doctrinal consistency since ancient times, while the churches around us fall into apostasy and all manner of wild heresies as is the natural result of being pushed around by the spirit of the age. The bad thing is that it takes a very long time for even good and necessary things to get done. 

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Mopac
Okay, then... everything you said i will believe. I really am. Why isn't my heaven allowed then? My heaven is simply being infinite as who i am... but the beautify is, who i am times infinity is really something to behold. And, the only way that is true... and, i'm not in hell.. is everyone else exists in their own image.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Outplayz
True heaven is a lot better than whatever you imagine it to be. It is also a lot better than what you wish it would be instead.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
Two questions:

Can you describe it in detail so we can understand its appeal?

and

How do you know you're right?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
Eternal life is to know The One True God, and the one sent, Jesus Christ.

That is how you will know. I can't know for you, unfortunately.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
In other words, "no," and "I don't."
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
That is clearly your interpretation.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
True heaven is a lot better than whatever you imagine it to be. It is also a lot better than what you wish it would be instead.
You would be lying if you made that claim considering there's no way for you to know. Trolls lie all the time, they'll say anything.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
The church is full of corrupted humans.
Yes, you have made that abundantly evident with every post you make.

The good thing is that we have maintained doctrinal consistency since ancient times
That's actually not a good thing because we no longer live in ancient times. What happened then has nothing to do with modern day society, it's completely irrelevant and does more harm than good.

The bad thing is that it takes a very long time for even good and necessary things to get done. 
That's a very good reason for not needing the church anymore.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
Jesus loves you, Goldtop.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Jesus wouldn't approve of your church and how you blemish his character using his name to insult.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
I don't believe you know Jesus or the church.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Mopac
See now, the conversation has totally changed from talking about human implications to something you have no clue. This is were my expertise in spiritual matters applies. I've spent my whole life trying to define "heaven" and the afterlife. And to add... i'm not impressed with Christianity's interpretation. I really don't think you understand the implications of paradise. It isn't the "a lot better" part you should worry about.  
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Outplayz
It's really simple.

Eternal life.

Or

Eternal death.

It is the same place. What makes it heaven or hell depends entirely on whether you decide to put your faith in vain imaginings or The Truth.

Because when the light of Truth reveals everything as it is, what survives this baptism of fire? If you identify with falsehood, you are identifying with death. And so eternity for you will be the suffering that comes with dying for eternity. The shame of having forsaken The Truth. That very same light of God's brilliance will be comfort and bliss to those who put their faith in Him, because God is Life, and to abide in Him is to abide in Life Eternal.

Do you really understand this? I don't believe that is possible. I speak of things I have seen, things that I know. I don't believe you speak of things you know. 

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
I don't believe you know Jesus or the church.
No one "knows" Jesus you moron, everyone only knows what's written in Scriptures. which you seem to completely ignore. And, the church is a cesspool, just like you described and just like you think.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
The Church is The Body of Christ, and just as Christ is fully man and fully God, you will find the corruptability of human nature present in the church.

Christ is in our midst.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
The Church is The Body of Christ
The Church is a cesspool of human ignorance, violence and hatred, it has nothing to do with Christ.

you will find the corruptability of human nature present in the church.
Yes, that's all we find in the Church, along with an army of predatory pedophiles.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
Sounds like the church you go to.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
I wouldn't go to a church other than to see it close and reopened for homeless people.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Mopac
suffering that comes with dying for eternity
Depending on how "heaven" is defined... this is a mercy.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Outplayz
Heaven is mercy.
Hell is torment.

Don't get it backwards.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Mopac
Heaven is mercy.
Hell is torment.
There are so many ways i can interpret that... i don't even know where to start with you. I'm not talking to you to try to change your mind or your faith. I'm just telling you what i believe. My belief is purely made off the implications of my 'soul' plus infinity. That's what i've spent years pondering and analyzing. I clearly understand the concepts above and agree with you from certain angles... but, plus infinity man.