Author: Paul

Total: 63
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@Paul
I'm a bit disappointed because you appear to be dismissing me

Nah, I'd be more concerned about you dismissing me. The way you phrased your sentence sounded a bit sarcastic. But if you are being serious we can discuss whatever you like. 

What I want out of my spiritual awakening is to simply experience it and understand what it is.

That's all you need is genuine curiosity, and if you're flexible and open-minded you've won half the battle... Understanding it is easy (because it's just a matter of collecting data and knowledge) but you also have to apply logic and commonsense, in other words even within spirituality it should make sense even if it seems dynamic.
To experience it is something else entirely of course. This is more than collecting data....now instead you take that data and apply it and work with it, examine it and observe it. Experience is different because you have to be willing to reach beyond the mind and what you think you understand, believe or know to apply things outside your paradigms which might or might not include religious knowledge. Since your conscious being is what illuminates the mind (which is mechanical), you have to look outside the conditioning of it to explore what could be there.

Spirituality will stretch you this way because the Reality of the Creator is very vast so you have to be ready for that. This is why spirituality is more a cultivation, the more insight and experience that you have that God exists the more it changes your whole way of thinking and how you view life. The more you come to realize that God does exist and you are a part of that it changes everything you thought you were!
This is not just a mental or psychological game, because again remember that spirituality opposes the mind and even the emotions so you have to be willing to move beyond those factors. I've been broken so many times it's stupid lol, but I'm always trying to be aware of my own limits and emotional baggage.

You can't experience something outside of what you think you know which is the downfall of materialism and atheism, that's how the mind works it doesn't automatically receive information or frequencies outside its channel, it's more a memory bank and storage, a mechanical
compartment.....you've been fed everything you've perceived through this physical body and that's all you may be currently aware of. Luckily Theism is an objective Reality so truth and knowledge exist outside your created bodies and forms. 
since the mind is mechanical and its perceptions influenced you have to get outside it's conditioning, be willing to explore numerous sources of knowledge, and then actually apply/interact. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ethang5
I've known EV (etrnlVw) for years

We've been around awhile lol, heck I even had one account on DDO before EtrnlVw for four years.... Maybe one day we can reclaim DDO! 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
"There is no god!! All gods are man made!! All spirituality is delusion!! You can't prove God exists!! You are stupid!! You have been brainwashed!!" (Insert any other lame anti-theist drone here)
Finally UNDERSTANDING.
Go thang.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@EtrnlVw
Hey man. Glad you're still around. Happy Turkey Day!
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ethang5
Yeah mon, same to you! hope you have fun.
disgusted
disgusted
@ET......too afraid to converse.

now instead you take that data and apply it and work with it, examine it and observe it
and make up whatever it is you want to believe.

ET takes people on guided tours of god planets didn't you know.

Padded walls are his friend.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@disgusted
Typical Christians , look at em.
They are like a gang hey?. 
If there was a line up of lile a thousand Christians and a atheist , the atheist is going under the bus. 
They would have no problems singing together. 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Got that.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ethang5
@EtrnlVw
Sleepover?
Paul
Paul
-->
@EtrnlVw
I want to be spiritual, but I do not wish to believe in god, is this possible?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Paul
I want to be spiritual, but I do not wish to believe in god, is this possible?

Well it would be kinda an oxymoron. The very nature and reality of spirituality is to connect you back with that origin. You don't have to do anything, but you want to understand and have full knowledge if God exists. Why play the game without God? that seems a bit silly to me, rendering the spiritual path of no real use. 

disgusted
disgusted
The very nature and reality of spirituality
Is that there is no reality in spirituality it is impure imagination.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
There is NO reality in spirituality, it is impure imagination.
This is why we have dis gus and ted on the big bucks.  
Nice.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
There is NO reality in spirituality, it is impure imagination.

Keep telling yourselves that lol, there's two ways to figure this out....get off your lazy azzes, get outside your programmed minds and get involved or you can wait until you slip from the physical body. I would suggest the former if you want to have any integrity and thought in the matter. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@EtrnlVw
O no, I'm joining all your religious groups in my last moments. 

I've even been practicing joining multiple religions / groups real real quick like. 
Your god for example exterml. If i except Jesus to my lord and savior a minute or two before death, I'm good to go hey. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Is that what I endorse?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Damn, and here I was thinking you were taking notes...
Paul
Paul
-->
@EtrnlVw
Well, I'm connected with my origin by a long causal chain leading back billions of years to the very moment of creation. That's just one example of my connection with the creator, there are many. Is that good enough?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Paul
This is pretty much why I limit my time in forums, I haven't met anyone in a forum who showed up in a topic to discover something. Are we basically here to validate our own positions even if they're wrong?? Why even create a topic if this has no real interest for you..

but I do not wish to believe in god
Well, I'm connected with my origin by a long causal chain leading back billions of years to the very moment of creation. That's just one example of my connection with the creator, there are many. Is that good enough?

If you're not interested don't waste my time, go play in the field of dreams. But, if you want to be specific your actual soul exists independent of the physical body so your origin comes right out of the heart of the Creator as a "seed", the physical world and the physical forms/vehicles are insignificant compared to your connection with the Creator therefore why the hell would you only be interested in one connection?

The objective of spirituality has many angles but the core is simplistic. Don't you want to know your origins which exist beyond just the physical world?? you can remain unware or unconscious if that is your choice but you will eventually get sick of it, eventually you will have a deep desire to understand deeper things, more about what and who you are and why it is you're always thinking about God. When you leave this world and you are still lost and blind to your own illusion you will just be sent back to wake up in another body thinking you just started to exist lol, despite the reality you are actually eternal from the moment you were created, and the soul coming from an eternal Reality.

Creation has many levels and for more than one good reason, as the soul learns it transcends and to places you could never imagine but the soul cannot transcend it's state of consciousness. So if you're stuck in a lower state of consciousness or awareness you must exist within a lower part of creation. The reason of course is that a lower state of consciousness can destroy more elevated parts of creation, and so if you choose to dwell in a carnal state of mind this is the world for you and stay as you may.
In reality you need to be "saved" from yourself ironically, or you can get in real bad situations. This is where you see religions and spirituality come into play, saviors and prophets to redeem us and help us become awake and aware of what is really going on. God is more creative than anyone could ever think of and as a result of that the individualized soul is on a very long journey so the fun don't end in this physical body, sorry about that.

disgusted
disgusted
If you're not interested don't waste my time, go play in the field of dreams
Like god planets. bwuahahahahahaha

Paul
Paul
-->
@EtrnlVw
Consciousness, the mind, the ghost in the machine is not well understood. There is no established theory of consciousness or mind and it remains elusive so there is still a good bit of mystery surrounding it. No one in the scientific community claims to understand it, the only people that do are crackpots.

Since we started talking I have read about many people who seek spirituality without religion so I don't think confining spirituality strictly to one religion is necessary.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
What is spirituality?   Dunno. Or a word to describe a feeling.  Nooooo.  I don't know.

PASS... 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Im going to read a little about these Hare krishnas. 
I'm thinking i might find the answer here. 
Back in 30 mins with a answer for this.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Paul
Consciousness, the mind, the ghost in the machine is not well understood.

Very well understood actually. Much more understood than activity in the brain and neurons firing.

There is no established theory of consciousness or mind and it remains elusive

Wrong, it remains elusive in the scientific community full of conjecture along with atheists and materialists. Please ask me before you assert anything remains elusive it is fully understood and articulated. That's actually an insult to my intelligence.

so there is still a good bit of mystery surrounding it.

Depends on whom you ask.

No one in the scientific community claims to understand it, the only people that do are crackpots.

....And the only people who are expertise in their fields are crackpots lol, wow that is real silly.

Since we started talking I have read about many people who seek spirituality without religion so I don't think confining spirituality strictly to one religion is necessary.

Please show where I ever claimed that.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Paul
No one in the scientific community claims to understand it, the only people that do are crackpots.

Just for your info, there are crackpots in all walks of life not just in the religious arena, welcome to earth. If you want good sources just ask, not everyone is a crackpot. The question becomes are you open-minded enough and how conditioned has your mind become where you think anything outside atheism is absurd or untrue. That is where you fall in danger my friend. That is where you will need every ounce of help, the mind is very powerful even though it's a machine. It can control the individual unknowingly and this is why you want to pursue spirituality.
Spirituality will expand you in every direction and the fun part is there is no limits or ending point :), but you control your own pace unfortunately. 

disgusted
disgusted
Spirituality will expand you in every direction and the fun part is there is no limits or ending point
Yeah, you can make up anything you want and then believe that what you made up is real.

Paul
Paul
-->
@EtrnlVw
I meant anyone that claims to have a scientific understanding of the mind is a crackpot.

Paul
Paul
-->
@EtrnlVw
Very well understood actually. Much more understood than activity in the brain and neurons firing.
Can you show me information on this understanding of consciousness? I'd like to read about it.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Paul
There's two ways to understand it, you can articulate it through what we know about quantum mechanics or you can articulate it through religion. If I were to direct you to a link for a religious source I would go with a source that specializes in the nature of consciousness and the teacher I follow is a remarkable fella, but you have to be prepared for that. As to not solicit in this thread please hit me up in a PM and I can send you links. There is also a non-religious teacher I follow that you may like, but the source reflects more than just spirituality and the nature of consciousness so you would have to be interested in the topics of the videos but anyways just send me a PM if you don't mind.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Paul
Can you show me information on this understanding of consciousness? I'd like to read about it.

Or you could ask me, I've never heard a question I was unable to address....the main thing I would propose is the comparison between energy and consciousness. If you can get with that it's not only simple to understand it pulls all of the pieces together for you to have a real coherent idea of what creation is and how it works, the nature of the soul and God ect ect..