Has he been outed?

Author: Stephen

Total: 133
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
If they were chatting over drinks, no one cares. If they went to them and said I want you to do me a favor and smear a political rival of mine, absolutely they should be arrested. 

Gossip is never a crime, regardless of the participants and the content.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@bmdrocks21
Okay, I was slightly off. He was investigating the company that Hunter Biden worked at, not specifically his son.
Before Shokin was fired, he had been conducting an investigation of Burisma, and Hunter Biden allegedly was a subject. But the investigation had been inactive for over a year by the time Joe Biden pushed for Shokin’s ouster. [LINK]

You might want to read-up on Viktor Shokin before you start crying about his removal.

And even after Viktor Shokin was removed, the Burisma investigation was re-opened in February 2019. [LINK]

What crime is Hunter Biden accused of again?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot

Possibly conspiracy to defraud the taxpayer.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
If suspects were presumed-innocent, they would be free to roam the streets until their court dates.
but that does happen, even without having to put up a bond/bail so I don't understand what you are talking about.  (released on recognizance)
suspicion is not proof
Most people who are picked-up on suspicion are held until trial.  That's the opposite of "presumed-innocent".  Also, the media is quick to publish allegations and potential legal charges BEFORE a person is even tried.  That's the opposite of "presumed-innocent".
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Possibly conspiracy to defraud the taxpayer.
Based on what specifically?
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@3RU7AL
There is no law that stipulates the "probable cause" that leads to an investigation must be 100% true.

The evidence is presented to the FISA court, and the court decides if that evidence is actionable.

Otherwise, every nosey-neighbor who reported suspicious activity to the cops that turned out to be unverifiable would be hauled off to prison.

Even if it’s funded by the DNC and Hillary Clinton?

During a Presidential Election?

Against her political opponent Donald Trump?

Keep in mind, the source (Fusion GPS) was never mentioned to the court. Neither was then fact that it worked with the DNC and Hillary Clinton

TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
I'm talking about the legal definition

"suspicion are held until trial."  they are not found guilty at that point, yes?  if they are not guilty then they are innocent until proven otherwise. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
don't you think it's funny that people and a certain someone here say if Trump is innocent he should release this, do that etc, so why do the Bidens not want the Ukraine to investigate if they have nothing to hide?  They should have laughed it off and said sure knock yourself out!  Isn't that was an innocent person would do? (using their logic)
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@bmdrocks21
So, they only have a problem with Trump looking into him because he is the best candidate to beat Trump?
What is the crime Joe Biden is accused of?

And even if there was a credible allegation of an actual crime, why doesn't Trump just order an investigation through the DOJ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@bmdrocks21
Either way, I want to know when politicians are corrupt rather than being blissfully unaware.
UNLESS IT'S TRUMP.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@HistoryBuff
1) asking a foreign national for a thing of value to help you in a campaign is a crime. so when trump asked for [announcement of an investigation] on biden, by name, on that call he committed a crime. We have known this since the transcript was released. 
A+

2) using the power of your public office for personal gain. Trump used the power of the presidency, by withholding aid and dangling a state visit, in order to personally profit himself by getting dirt on a political rival. We already know he blocked the aid and dangled the state visit. We know the ukranians planned to give him the [announcement of an investigation] he wanted. We already know he committed this crime as well. 
A+

3) trump has committed obstruction of justice and witness tampering during the impeachment. By ordering witnesses not to testify, refusing to provide documents and threatening witnesses he has committed some new crimes during his attempted cover up. so we already know he has committed these too. 
A+
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
UNLESS IT'S TRUMP.

You can drop the whataboutisms Mr. Unprincipled.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
UNLESS IT'S TRUMP.

Plus, Trump hasn't been in government long enough, with a censoring media covering his actions, to rack up the kinds of corruption 40 years in politics can.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Either way, I want to know when politicians are corrupt rather than being blissfully unaware.
Thanks for this gem.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
You can thank Trump for exposing the corrupt censoring media.

You would have never heard of the billions of dollars funneled through China.

Hunter would still have his job there.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Don't you think it's funny that people and a certain someone here say if Trump is innocent he should release this, do that etc, so why do the Bidens not want the Ukraine to investigate if they have nothing to hide?  They should have laughed it off and said sure knock yourself out!  Isn't that was an innocent person would do? (using their logic)

This isn't about being principled on government waste and corruption (especially if you are under the delusion that the government cares about you personally)

This is all about sticking to your principles of Eliminate Trump, everything else takes a back seat.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
Also, I don't know why Hunter Biden would resign his Chinese position when he is innocent until proven guilty....
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@3RU7AL
What is the crime Joe Biden is accused of?

And even if there was a credible allegation of an actual crime, why doesn't Trump just order an investigation through the DOJ?

It would probably be some type of corruption charge. Why would it matter whether or not he went through the DOJ? Maybe he thinks they are an unbiased third-party?

UNLESS IT'S TRUMP.
I want to know when he is corrupt, too.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@3RU7AL
The Burisma investigation was restarted well AFTER Biden was out of an office of power. He can't stop it now.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
This isn't about being principled on government waste and corruption (especially if you are under the delusion that the government cares about you personally)

This is all about sticking to your principles of Eliminate Trump, everything else takes a back seat.

It’s fine GP. Let them shoot themselves in the foot. Once it gets to Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham, they’re gonna subpoena the whistleblower, Adam Schiff, Hunter Biden, And Joe Biden. And like the Dems in the House ran an unfair inquiry, Republicans will dictate the rules in the Senate.

Walrus
Debates: 1
Walrus
meh yawn
Walrus
Debates: 1
Walrus
life during war time
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Trump's impeachment is also not going through the traditional judiciary committee.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
I had to do a lesson on Einstien today and was thinking about relativity.

The only mention of Trump in the daily Ukranian news is a passing Reuters repost. Ukraine doesn't give a fuck about the USA, or Trump.

Ukraine cares about other stuff.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Trump's impeachment is also not going through the traditional judiciary committee.
I'm sure you understand that non-traditional does not equal un-lawful.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@bmdrocks21
The Burisma investigation was restarted well AFTER Biden was out of an office of power. He can't stop it now.
That's not in dispute.  The main point is that firing Viktor Shokin did not end the Burisma investigation.

And that's beside the point that if a U.S. citizen has committed a crime (violated U.S. law), then the U.S. should open their own investigation.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@3RU7AL
I'm sure you understand that non-traditional does not equal un-lawful.

And also that with only 2 impeachments in modern history, there is no such thing as a traditional impeachment process. 

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@bmdrocks21
It would probably be some type of corruption charge.
So nothing specific?  I thought vague charges were "a witch hunt".

Why would it matter whether or not he went through the DOJ?
Because that's how law works.

Maybe he thinks they are an unbiased third-party?
If you value the concept of "unbiased" then you should be careful to NOT interfere.

Also, if Trump trusts the Ukrainian Government (whom he accuses of faking the Russia investigation) if he trusts these people MORE than he trusts the USDOJ, then (EITHER) the USDOJ is dogshmidt worthless, (OR) Trump is a fool.

Please place your bets.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ILikePie5
It’s fine GP. Let them shoot themselves in the foot. Once it gets to Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham, they’re gonna subpoena the whistleblower, Adam Schiff, Hunter Biden, And Joe Biden. And like the Dems in the House ran an unfair inquiry, Republicans will dictate the rules in the Senate.
I'm lovin' it.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot

This is all about sticking to your principles of Protect Trump, everything else takes a back seat.