-->
@Alec
If you believe abortion is wrong morally, racism is morally wrong as well 
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Do you think there is morally wrong things?
Some things are morally wrong.  But saying an unpopular opinion isn't.

Alec
Alec
-->
@Vader
Killing an innocent fetal human being is worse than offending someone from speech.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
Some things are morally wrong.  But saying an unpopular opinion isn't.
What's the difference between something being morally wrong and an unpopular opinion? 

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Alec
This word was justified in killing African Americans
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
What's the difference between something being morally wrong and an unpopular opinion? 

Those who believe that Veganism is good is an unpopular opinion.  Yet, it is certainly not immoral to be vegan.
Alec
Alec
-->
@Vader
4 thousand African Americans died due to lynchings in 100 years.  40 people per year isn't much.  It's less than 1 person per week across the entire nation.  71 million people died because of communism in about the same amount of time.

How is it therefore more taboo in society to be a racist than a communist?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec
What does that have to do with anything lmao. Why are you bringing up irrelevant arguments.

Communism indirectly killed, racism directly killed. Please stop with this horrendous logic
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
Those who believe that Veganism is good is an unpopular opinion.  Yet, it is certainly not immoral to be vegan.
Can you tell me an immoral thing?

Alec
Alec
-->
@Vader
Communism indirectly killed, racism directly killed.
<br>
What's the difference?  4,000 people's lives would be saved if racism was banned, yet 100 million people's lives would be saved from banning communism.  I don't advocate for banning communism because it violates the first amendment.  The same applies for racism.
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Can you tell me an immoral thing?
I can name a bunch:

-Murder
-Rape
-Stealing

Those are some that I've listed at the top of my head.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec
White people did that to African Americans
Alec
Alec
-->
@Vader
Just like communists committed genocide against non communists.  I would barely call 4000 people dead a genocide.  71 million people on the other hand, does amount to a genocide.  However, if communism is a legal ideology in the US (it should be), then so should racism. 

Freedom is dangerous as hell, but we would be a nanny state if we banned everything dangerous.
Zaradi
Debates: 4
Zaradi
Alec I need a favor from you. I've been having a bit of a rough few weeks and while this thread is getting me close to smiling, I just need a little extra help. I got a question for you:

Are you white? Please tell me you're white.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Zaradi
You should look at my life. You'd be laughing harder than watching a Chris Rock stand up sketch up
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
I can name a bunch:

-Murder
-Rape
-Stealing

Those are some that I've listed at the top of my head.

What if I called for someone's murder? 
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You shouldn't call for someone's murder.

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Zaradi
Alec I need a favor from you. I've been having a bit of a rough few weeks and while this thread is getting me close to smiling, I just need a little extra help. I got a question for you:

He posted a link to his YouTube channel in the past. Several videos showed his face and he is, unsurprisingly, a whitey.
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Alec
@Discipulus_Didicit

He posted a link to his YouTube channel in the past. Several videos showed his face and he is, unsurprisingly, a whitey.
<br>

God that's too fucking good. Not only is the white guy trying to tell black people that it's okay to use a word that's historically been used to dehumanize and other-ize the black body, but that their oppression and discrimination is just "an unpopular opinion" and should be protected by the state. 

What year is it? 2020 or 1820?

Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Alec
Not to mention that if you're trying to quantify the suffering caused by racism:

1. You can't quantify dehumanization. 
2. Even if you could, measuring it by a body count sure as hell isn't the way to do it.
3. Even if it was the way to do it, saying that not enough people have died for espousing racist views to be morally repugnant bites back into a racist narrative that says "your suffering isn't worth moral consideration".

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Zaradi
Not only is the white guy trying to tell black people that it's okay to use a word that's historically been used to dehumanize and other-ize the black body,

I don't think he is saying it should be considered okay. I think he is saying it shouldn't be illegal.

I could be wrong though. I only skimmed the comments and Alecs thought process is difficult to wrap ones head around even at the best of times due to his one-dimentional personality.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
This is the same guy who thinks America should invade and colonize Africa to "civilize" them, and that Africans would like it after they saw how wonderful they had become due to invasion and subjugation.

I thought he was playing devils advocate, but he seems to have been serious. Just like here. I can't tell if he's being deliberately provocative, or if he's just an unconscious racist.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Zaradi
Why are you so mad? 

He has shown no sign of meaning harm. He is generally open minded and you choose to attack him instead of actually changing his mind? 

I thought people would actually try to help the people who can be helped but guess we always have people like you.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
So you say that I shouldn't call for someone's murder (which I take as it is morally wrong?) but isn't it also an unpopular opinion since in most cases a lot of people don't want to kill a person unlawfully? 

Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Why are you so mad?

I'm not?

you choose to attack him instead of actually changing his mind?

I mean, I'm attacking the idea in 90% of my comments in this thread. The fact that you choose to only look at 10% of my comments isn't my fault. Moreover, I can't make him change his mind. 

I thought people would actually try to help the people who can be helped but guess we always have people like you.

K.

Alec
Alec
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
What is a one dimensional personality?
Alec
Alec
-->
@ethang5
This is the same guy who thinks America should invade and colonize Africa to "civilize" them, and that Africans would like it after they saw how wonderful they had become due to invasion and subjugation.
I didn't say Africa is an uncivilized place.  They are corrupt though.  An American invasion would hopefully remove a lot of the corruption in Africa.  I also want to invade Latin America and remove the corruption there, and Latin America has some very white countries, that are shitholes because of the corruption.  So saying that I want to treat whites better than other races is inaccurate.

Alec
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
So you say that I shouldn't call for someone's murder (which I take as it is morally wrong?) but isn't it also an unpopular opinion since in most cases a lot of people don't want to kill a person unlawfully? 

I think that if you believe that a person should be dead, then you should be allowed to believe that, even if others disagree.  However, if you actually killed the person you wanted dead, with very few exceptions, such as self defense or if the government did as a punishment for a serious crime, then you would and should be charged for murder and suffer the punishment for it.

Beliefs are different from actions basicly.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5

I didn't say Africa is an uncivilized place.  They are corrupt though.  An American invasion would hopefully remove a lot of the corruption in Africa.
Ok, They are civilized but corrupt, and that warrants invasion, killing those who resist, and occupation of their land.

I can't tell if he's being deliberately provocative, or if he's just an unconscious racist. He may just be young too, but I know 12 year olds who would find these opinions ridiculous.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
However, if you actually killed the person you wanted dead, with very few exceptions, such as self defense or if the government did as a punishment for a serious crime, then you would and should be charged for murder and suffer the punishment for it.
Would you deem asking someone to kill another person and that person does it morally wrong?
Beliefs are different from actions basicly.
Actions can be verbal right?