People should not be allowed to make personal attacks on mods

Author: Wylted

Total: 114
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Zaradi
Not to mention that if you're trying to quantify the suffering caused by racism:

I did try to quantify how big issues were.  Like abortion for example, whether your pro life or pro choice, is a bigger issue than the death penalty.  I tried to calculate how big certain issues were.  I'm not done yet though.
Alec
Alec
-->
@ethang5
Ok, They are civilized but corrupt, and that warrants invasion, killing those who resist, and occupation of their land.

I want Africa to become as much US territory as Puerto Rico is currently, with a little bloodshed as possible to save more lives down the road with getting the reigion out of poverty because poverty kills a lot of people, more than annexing countries like .  Puerto Rico's economy, while not as good as the states, has a higher GDP per capita than any country in Latin America.  If Africa got to the same place, tens of millions of people would have better lives as a result.

or if he's just an unconscious racist.
I want to invade Latin America as well, since they are corrupt and poor from that corruption.  Latin America is largely white, so it's not even a racist move.
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Would you deem asking someone(Person A) to kill another person and that person(Person B) does it morally wrong?

I think it's Person B's fault, since he went through with the murder.

Actions can be verbal right? 
I as of right now don't believe this, speech isn't violence, but do you have an example of when actions can be verbal?  I can't think of any.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Alec
I want to invade Latin America as well, since they are corrupt and poor from that corruption.  Latin America is largely white, so it's not even a racist move.
OK Alec.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
I think it's Person B's fault, since he went through with the murder.
But didn't Person A give Person B the incentive to commit to the murder? How is that not morally wrong?
I as of right now don't believe this, speech isn't violence, but do you have an example of when actions can be verbal?  I can't think of any.
Not violence I mean isn't talking an action? 

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I have tried very hard to keep my mouth shut during this thread but it has reached the absolute fucking limit. 

Only an American, and I seriously FUCKING mean only a damn bigot from America who is taught utter vile beliefs and is indoctrinated to white supremacy and such can both say that the N-word should be socially acceptable to use, that Communism should be a taboo to ever discuss, that America should colonise entire continents 'for their own good' and that he is being oppressed and vilified for saying such shit.

Cannot fucking believe what I am reading, it is disgusting and doesn't belong on an intelligent debate website.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
It’s also the same person who said we should make mandatory vasectomies
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Why are black people allowed to say the n word?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
Wait a sec you support communism? F
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ILikePie5
Why are black people allowed to say the n word?
Who is it that "allows" them?

Answer this question for me.

It's 1690, a black slave and his slave wife who has just given birth, are about to bed down on the haystack in the horses shed.

The wife tells her husband, "Go sleep on the floor. I'm afraid you'll smother the baby if you sleep on the hay with it."
The bemused slave shakes his head and goes to sleep on the floor beside the horses muttering, "I swear, this woman treats me like a slave!"

A trio of white farmhands happen to hear him say this, and find it hilarious, getting the humor of a slave grumbling about being treated like a slave.

Now switch the scenario. Say it's the white master's wife telling him that he cannot sleep with her and the newborn child in the king size master bed, but must be satisfied with sleeping in one of the guest rooms.

And a trio of house slaves overhear the bemused Master say, "I swear, this woman treats me like a slave!"

Do you think its as funny as when the slave said it? Do you think it means the same thing? Do you think the trio of slaves will find the master's comment as funny as the trio of farmhands found the slave's comment? Why not?

Anyone can say anything they want, but because of history and reality, it's sometimes stupid and insensitive for some people to say some things.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
In short:
Data is formulated and then projected as sound waves, the sound is detected by an aural sensor, converted back into data and is interpreted as the receiver chooses.

So who is being stupid. Is it the sender or the receiver?

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Neither. It's you.

...and is interpreted as the receiver chooses.
If this were true, transmitting ideas through language would not be possible.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Alec
Quick question: Do you actually believe in a superior or inferior race?
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Vader
Why would you roast yourself for no reason like that?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
 You missed the point completely.

The sequence that I briefly explained is the process of transmitting ideas through language.

I was questioning where the responsibility lies for how received data is interpreted. 

Is it the responsibility of the sender or of the receiver.

Alec
Alec
-->
@Mharman
I believe every race has their strengths and weaknesses generally speaking.  Just as men tend to be better in some areas than women and vice versa, white people tend to be better in certain areas than other races and vice versa.  I don't hate people based off of their race though. 

I sure hope this doesn't come back to haunt me, but I try to be honest.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@ethang5
That’s a false equivalency. If calling the N word is bad in general, then no one should be saying. Saying that black people can say it just because they’re black is inherently racist.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ILikePie5
That’s a false equivalency.
It's not even an equivalency, but OK.

If calling the N word is bad in general, then no one should be saying.
Should not a person's intent matter to whether saying it is good or bad?

Saying that black people can say it just because they’re black is inherently racist.
Only I did not say black people can say it. I said anyone can say anything, but that it is not always OK to say anything because of history, perception, and intent.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@ethang5
Only I did not say black people can say it. I said anyone can say anything, but that it is not always OK to say anything because of history, perception, and intent.

Oh ok good. I thought you were is favoring of denying every other race from saying the N word.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ILikePie5
How would I deny them that?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@ethang5
How would I deny them that?

Idk. There are some people who are like just black people should be allowed to.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
well this is a little ironic

It clearly worked on you guys
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ILikePie5
Anyone can say anything. I believe in freedom of speech, but I also believe in freedom of consequences.

A jerk is free to mouth off to Mrs. Ethan, but the consequence of several broken teeth are also free.

No word should be uttered with the intent to hurt, demean, or embarrass another person. But if you do, accept your consequences.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@ethang5
No word should be uttered with the intent to hurt, demean, or embarrass another person. But if you do, accept your consequences.

I agree with this statement to an extent.