Basically people who believe in God

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 139
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheRealNihilist
So you don't have evidence like how you don't have evidence for your worldview? Oh, gotcha. 

Lol, sure, all you have to do is go back and read your own thread. Let me know where I failed to address evidence. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Look I'm not here to make anyone look bad or feel ashamed....I'm here to help make sense of crap, that's it I don't have any motives. My desire for you is not ill-will, it's pure goodness. The tension is annoying but in all honesty I love you all. That's not an exaggeration, I just want to share my experiences and hope it helps someone else in their journey.  
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheRealNihilist
At this point I don't think you even know what evidence is.

EVIDENCE
"the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid
that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.
something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign:
 an outward sign : indication
something that furnishes proof : testimony
The means by which an allegation may be proven, such as oral testimony, documents, or physical objects.
A thing or set of things helpful in forming a conclusion or judgment
that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof."

TESTIMONY
"evidence or proof provided by the existence or appearance of something.
firsthand authentication of a fact : evidence
evidence in support of a fact or statement; proof
 a declaration of truth or fact
 spoken or written statements that something is true, especially those given in a law court
to be clear proof of something"

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@EtrnlVw
No evidence so this is just a waste of my time. You don't understand your faults nor do you understand what you are even typing. You choose to not give me evidence instead spout more words that are void of anything tangible. Must be really difficult holding onto something that doesn't exist and has no scientific backing. I'll come back whenever you do decide to bring in evidence. Not talk about it. Not lie about what I asked. Not completely avoid what I asked for. I'll come back with a link to a study. If you don't have a link to a study don't waste my time.

Speak to F4 because I sure had enough of whatever you call yourself. Spiritualist I am guessing. 
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@EtrnlVw
If you think "I want to have a cheeseburger", is it the mind or the soul making that thought?
disgusted
disgusted
That souls are being controlled by the mind and emotions,

The soul is the observer, the one that observes the mind and emotions. 
Confused much?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
If you think "I want to have a cheeseburger", is it the mind or the soul making that thought?

Well the desire to be hungry coming from the pull of the physical body would motivate the soul to think about what it is craving for, therefore that would engage the mind and emotions to remember it's past experiences of eating and the emotional drive solidifying your craving for a cheeseburger. In creation your cravings or instincts come from a combination of factors because we live in a chemical world and a world of physics and our bodies are directly influenced by that very reality, but the soul is the one experiencing through the physical form...you are the observer of the body and its senses. You are even the observer of the mind and emotions interestingly.
You are neither a thought or an emotion....you are first and foremost consciousness (aka soul), the observer that illuminates the mind and engages both the mind and emotion to categorize and label your experiences. 
Inferno
Inferno
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It is a waste of time to those who do not believe simply because many of them have not had the same supernatural experiences that would eradicate their skepticism immediately.  
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Inferno
What is this in reference too? 

Another thing, I wish someone was able to replicate this and report these findings to a qualified individual but alas, none have the courage to have science be on there side when it comes to the supernatural. 
Inferno
Inferno
-->
@TheRealNihilist
The supernatural cannot be explained verbally. It cannot be measured by science. These are events that take place in a parallel universe.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Inferno
The supernatural cannot be explained verbally. It cannot be measured by science. These are events that take place in a parallel universe.
Well guess the best way we observe the world can't substantiate the supernatural. I'll wait until it does. I am not going to believe in things without evidence. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Inferno
The supernatural.
Can be explained verbally as the supernatural.

Though by definition anything supposedly supernatural can only ever be an assumption rather than a known fact.

So you pays your money and you takes your pick, as they say.

And I pick assumption, and assumption is what it is.

So how would you, explain the fact of the matter?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Another thing, I wish someone was able to replicate this and report these findings to a qualified individual but alas, none have the courage to have science be on there side when it comes to the supernatural.

Is this supposed to be a joke? science and spirituality can work harmoniously together they do not contradict one another. Religion needs to stay out of the way of science and science needs to stay out of the way of religion. They both study two different natures of reality, one the natural and the other the supernatural although we only use those terms to distinguish one perception from the other. I embrace science wholeheartedly because it gives insight to how the Creator produces what we see currently in our universe whereas spirituality gives us insight on the soul, the nature of the soul and God. In a perfect world we need both not just one or the other.
Science is a neutral study, it makes no claims about the Creator because that is not its field of expertise because it cannot reach that reality, this is where we hand the ball over to spirituality just like if we were to hand the ball over to science to demonstrate how the physical world operates. The question becomes do you have the courage to LET SPIRITUALITY be on your side when it comes to that nature of experience like you trust science to tell you about the physical universe.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I am not going to believe in things without evidence.

Wow you didn't pay attention even in your own thread. That is sad. 
disgusted
disgusted
8th of Dec. is God Worlds Day.
Let the party begin.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@EtrnlVw
Is this supposed to be a joke? science and spirituality can work harmoniously together they do not contradict one another. Religion needs to stay out of the way of science and science needs to stay out of the way of religion. They both study two different natures of reality, one the natural and the other the supernatural although we only use those terms to distinguish one perception from the other. I embrace science wholeheartedly because it gives insight to how the Creator produces what we see currently in our universe whereas spirituality gives us insight on the soul, the nature of the soul and God. In a perfect world we need both not just one or the other.
Science is a neutral study, it makes no claims about the Creator because that is not its field of expertise because it cannot reach that reality, this is where we hand the ball over to spirituality just like if we were to hand the ball over to science to demonstrate how the physical world operates. The question becomes do you have the courage to LET SPIRITUALITY be on your side when it comes to that nature of experience like you trust science to tell you about the physical universe.
Oh so spirituality works with science but I have no way to prove it, okay.
Wow you didn't pay attention even in your own thread. That is sad. 
Don't know what you mean but I think you mean I believe something to be true? I don't think you are ready for the nuance I will drop but I will still tell you anyway. People believe things irrespective or respective of evidence. I believe things with evidence. You on the other hand don't. Now you might be a person who knows the evidence is shockingly missing for spiritualist but still believe it to be the case but I don't know. 

PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@EtrnlVw
So what you are saying is that there is a hierarchy of sorts, that there is your physical ("chemical") body, and then there is the spiritual ("soul") body above your physical body, but the soul doesn't have direct control over the body. Correct?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
So what you are saying is that there is a hierarchy of sorts

Good catch, just not in the manner you may be picturing it. The soul is covered in layers when it leaves the Godhead to confine it to corresponding worlds....for example the soul has an outer layer in the physical world known as the physical body, when the soul leaves the physical body it is present in a spirit body often times labeled a "ghost".
This is also known as the subtle body. However even when we get to the spirit body the soul still exists independent of even that form because the soul left God without any body at all, it was more a conscious seed that was then covered. There is no agreed upon number of layers the soul has in religious squares but it comes down to at least five, I believe in Buddhism there are seven not sure about that one though. The five that I'm aware of are of course the physical (senses), astral (emotion), causal (memory), mental (mind) and etheric (Intuition). When you get above duality where these layers have relevance you come to the pure conscious realities where the soul exists with no real form. This is the full state of consciousness the Creator exists at this level and where you originated. 

that there is your physical ("chemical") body, and then there is the spiritual ("soul") body above your physical body

Well not "above" rather they are all connected in layers (so more like "within" per say), kind of like looking through masks in a way. They would be your current observation point at whatever layer of creation you would be in. The reason for this of course is that each form is tailored for that corresponding universe, as the one that precedes it is undetected.

but the soul doesn't have direct control over the body. Correct?

Yes of course it does or can I should say, but not when the soul has no idea it's not the mind or emotions....both the mind and emotions are strong enough to control an individual. The soul has to get outside the patterns of the mind and the perceptions of emotions if its to learn new things and experience different aspects of life. You see this with criminals, suicide and addictions and all kinds of distortions when the mind and emotions rule/control an individual. Spirituality is the method that can help in this area when one needs to transcend them, or as you see many souls fall prey to both the mind and emotions in this world.

disgusted
disgusted
ET

Try post #126. You liar.