Basically people who believe in God

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 139
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
Interpretation- observe the processes that occur in our universe, processes correlate with intelligence that is our direct experience. Look at how energy operates in creation, this is a major hint! observe how energy creates intelligence and then ask yourself how and why?

Logic- life comes from life, inanimate material cannot create conscious beings and intelligence. Conscious beings come from a conscious Source, processes come from a mind obviously.

Commonsense- it's been shown throughout human history that man has experienced things outside the human sense perception, to deny that it would be foolish. Categorize it certainly but ignore it?? you can't ignore the numbers involved when you honestly look at the evidence. Commonsense goes with logic and again, what we observe taking place in our universe are intelligent processes. Mix this with the abundance of testimonial evidence and you have a strong platform. IMO...

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@PressF4Respect
If it wasn't clear since you haven't mentioned it. Every single reason that he brought apart from testimony is begging the question.

Begging the questionbegging the question is an informal fallacy that occurs when an argument's premises assume the truth of the conclusion, instead of supporting it.

Interpretation
His interpretation is through the lens he sees the world meaning of course whatever I see confirms what I see because I see it.

Logic
His way of using logic just so happens runs in accordance to what he believes so by him saying logic what he means is my way of validating myself is getting me these answers.

Commonsense
What is common sense? Well it is a sense that is common to people as in the people who you are surrounded by agree with what you see. Blatant begging the question because I can see evolution as just the way we became us but someone will see that as proof for a God. If I ask why and the person says commonsense they are essentially begging the question not presenting an argument.  

I could include testimony but I don't want to.

If it wasn't clear whenever eternal is not demonstrating something to be true instead stating something to be commonsense, logical or based on my interpretation understand that this is simply him clearly showing what he thinks not how he got there. It is basically posturing. I hope you agree or eventually get to this conclusion because there is very little to learn from a person who does this and refuses to explain himself instead just spouts words that just so happen to arrive to the conclusion that agrees with him. Another problem with this is that what if you say it is logical that I am where I am? There is no discussion instead we appeal to evidence in the hopes we can bring about a better view of the world. If the person is not willing to give evidence all that he is giving is claims. At the point why bother even entertaining his conversation when you can entertain a crazed homeless man's conversation instead?

If it wasn't clear when someone doesn't demonstrate how they are right instead spout words like logical, commonsense etc they are begging the question as in asserting what they know is true without giving an argument for it. 
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I’m letting EtrnlVw lay out all his points before I respond to them
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@PressF4Respect
Do you think I am wrong?

What do you think I am missing?
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I never stated that you were wrong or missing anything.

Since you are directly countering Etrnl’s points, he would be one to respond to you.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@PressF4Respect
I never stated that you did. I am asking was there something wrong with what I said?
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@EtrnlVw
@TheRealNihilist
@TheRealNihillist
On a cursory glance, I don’t see anything wrong. With that said, it would be Etrnl’s job to point out errors in your reasoning and make other counters against your argument, since you are directly engaging with him.

@EtrnlVw
Please consider TRN’s counters in post #92
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
He blatantly has a different opinion than me, he hasn't offered any arguments or rebuttals other than he disagrees with my method. His opinion is that I'm wrong lol, that is just an opinion. You are free to make sense of our posts and who has a legit foundation. It comes down to interpretation, and Theism has the advantage. IMO. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
If I even for one second spot an argument, I'll be all over it. 
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@EtrnlVw
All of our thoughts come from our souls, correct?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
No sir, the mind is distinct from the actual soul. The mind is more like a tool we use to navigate creation. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
To put it another way, your mind can be thinking something your soul knows is bullshite. 
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@EtrnlVw
So the mind is separate from the soul, and the mind and soul are two distinct entities. Correct?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
So the mind is separate from the soul, and the mind and soul are two distinct entities. Correct?

Not entities, the mind is mechanical not an entity. 

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@EtrnlVw
So, the mind is a tool used by the soul, and the soul cannot directly control the body. Right?
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@EtrnlVw
Sorry, I edited my post. Is it still correct?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
No, as well I deleted it lol

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
I'll get back on it...
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
So, the mind is a tool used by the soul, and the soul cannot directly control the body. Right?

Wrong. 
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@EtrnlVw
Wrong. 
So the soul can directly control the body? By “directly control”, I mean without the mind.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
Yes sir.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@EtrnlVw
How so?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
Because the mind exists independent of the conscious soul. You can see all kinds of aberrations of the mind play out in creation....it should be no argument. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
In spirituality you are challenged to rise above the individual mind, when you see the default position it should be obvious. That souls are being controlled by the mind and emotions, not knowing they have complete superiority over that. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
The mind can drag you into all kinds of conclusions, but because it's mechanical it can give you no real experience outside itself, just knowledge you have accumulated. The mind is nothing more than a memory bin or a storage area where you categorize your experiences. The soul is the observer, the one that observes the mind and emotions. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@PressF4Respect
Do tell them me how he is reasonable when he says this:
Theism has the advantage. IMO. 
Where did I claim the superiority over him? He makes it clear about his superiority. Don't you think that is a bit off? Sorta like he isn't actually open minded instead postures to seem so. I guess his act is up when someone brings up reasonable critiques against his side so he takes the reductionist side to my argument but can't help, as an "open-minded" person, claim that his view is superior to mine. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Where did I claim the superiority over him?

In the OP silly, read it again. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@EtrnlVw
Quote? 

At this point I don't think you even know what evidence is. If you don't know do tell so I can quote on your behalf. I don't know what happened to you in your past but you can always receive help for your weaknesses. 

In this case I have never stated I was superior to yet you went out of your way to say so.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheRealNihilist
If you didn't feel superior to the folks you quoted in the OP we not hear your complaint. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@EtrnlVw
So you don't have evidence like how you don't have evidence for your worldview? Oh, gotcha.