The very nature of the conscious soul is immaterial
What do you think of the statements presented in this source:

EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
So is the human soul part of god?

Yes, like a clump of clay.....I can form many things from it but it is all clay. The soul is a reflection of the very nature of God, a creative expression of Itself. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
 "all functions attributable to this kind of soul can be explained by the workings of the brain."

Conjecture period....and false beyond anything rational compared to the evidence available. The brain is nothing more than a conductor, which would be more like a component on a circuit board, it regulates the flow of what you experience but it itself is just a restrictor. The brain is what confines your experience to this physical world it does not create conscious beings, a conscious entity. The nature of consciousness is an open question is scientific understanding, but not in spirituality. The nature of consciousness is fully articulated. Neurons firing is nothing more than pre-existing activity from a conscious being, and without a soul a new-born is still-born.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
What do you think of the statements presented in this source:

There is more direct evidence that the conscious soul exists independent of the physical body than any other topic. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheRealNihilist
The Real Nihilist, how real you wana get? I have no limits so get it all out, now is your chance!

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@EtrnlVw
Please explain what made you want to say this. I didn't say anything to instigate this apart from past actions that are far enough I think to not put the primary blame on me. Are you cranky or something? 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Are you cranky or something? 

Not at all, I don't blame you just want to connect with you. I think you think you are unable to relate to Theists, I challenge that position. You are able to relate on many levels, you just need a source to connect with. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@EtrnlVw
I think you think you are unable to relate to Theists, I challenge that position.
Why not just remove "I challenge that position."?
You are able to relate on many levels, you just need a source to connect with. 
I don't understand how this follows from what you said earlier. You said I don't in the first quote but here you say I do relate. Please make it simpler or rephrase. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Why not just remove "I challenge that position."?

I would, but that's what I think you assume, is needing a challenge to your position. Is it not?

I don't understand how this follows from what you said earlier. You said I don't in the first quote but here you say I do relate. Please make it simpler or rephrase. 

You don't relate to Theists in your direct word view because of their absurdities, but don't forget you have a connection with those who can connect the dots with a Creator absent of those absurdities. 
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@EtrnlVw
There is more direct evidence that the conscious soul exists independent of the physical body than any other topic. 
Can you please elaborate on this evidence?

disgusted
disgusted
@cowardET

There is precisely ZERO evidence for the existence of a soul.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@EtrnlVw
Of course there is no evidence for the existence of a soul.

It's just an internal data programme.

Changing minds is reprogramming the human computer. Which is almost impossible under normal conditions.

Simply trying to overwrite with alternative data will not erase the established operating system.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@zedvictor4
I'll give ya $22 bux for your soul Z?

In writing yes under this line you hear by give one deb 8 full outright ownership of one ( Zedvictor)
_________________________________________________________________________________
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
If you can find it, you can have it.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@EtrnlVw
I still do not understand this.
You don't relate to Theists in your direct word view because of their absurdities, but don't forget you have a connection with those who can connect the dots with a Creator absent of those absurdities. 
Another sentence I don't understand. Do try and make it simpler. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
Can you please elaborate on this evidence?

Well understanding the nature of spirituality and having a full comprehension of what evidence consists of (the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid) the evidence that correlates with that nature is abundant. Since we can assume that we are not dealing with material objects we can study like we would in our universe we move over to testimonial evidence. Spirituality and religion are the fields that observe that nature, testimonial evidence is what we would want to use as a cross reference and everything is fair game. This would include NDE's and OBE's, spiritual encounters and paranormal study. I can link you with a channel that has a huge database of NDE's and medical facts that collaborate with the testimonials, and these are average people not selling any religious ideas. We're talking about the soul leaving the body after brain death (which begins only 4 min after the heart stops beating).
Having my own encounters with spiritual beings and other experiences I cross examine other testimonies. Together I have my own evidence and a mega storehouse of evidence at my fingertips. Whether or not you wish to categorize spiritual based evidence is up to you( as in weak or strong), but I can help you sort it all out.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I still do not understand this.

You need a source that you can pull from that you can actually relate with, meaning there are plenty of ways you can approach spirituality. You don't have to accept any religions or concepts you think are absurd. Don't get me wrong, I see you are obviously opposed to Theism but that doesn't have to remain that way. 

Another sentence I don't understand. Do try and make it simpler. 

It's obvious from reading the OP you think Theism is absurd. On one hand I don't blame you because there are a lot of wacky claims and ideas within the religious sphere, on the other hand you have pre-conceived notions. But there is another side to this, which makes sense and can be acceptable. I think it would help if you could find a balance in all this, or consider other views about it. When I read the OP I'm not reading from someone who has an open-mind about the topic, but why would you want to be that way? you don't want to close yourself off from anything that could contain truth and have something of interest for yourself.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@zedvictor4
Of course there is no evidence for the existence of a soul.

Thanks for the opinion, but perhaps go look up the definition of evidence. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@EtrnlVw
Post #76.  Taking note.
SCREEN SHOT 
saved. 

ENCOUNTERS WITH SPIRITUAL BEINGS.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@zedvictor4
Changing minds is reprogramming the human computer. Which is almost impossible under normal conditions.

Which is why you don't want to close yourself off from spirituality, because that is what it will seek to do. If you do close yourself off, you will never receive anything beyond what you think you know. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Taking notes, I like that.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@EtrnlVw
You need a source that you can pull from that you can actually relate with, meaning there are plenty of ways you can approach spirituality.
So source?
It's obvious from reading the OP you think Theism is absurd
Nope that is your feelings towards it. If you actually look at comments I made after in the same thread you would understand I applied no real negative connotation to it. 
When I read the OP I'm not reading from someone who has an open-mind about the topic, but why would you want to be that way?
I don't think a close minded person like yourself would be open minded. I wasn't always an atheist. I would've needed an open mind to accept the argument that would link towards that. 

disgusted
disgusted
Which is why you don't want to close yourself off from spirituality,
Or the tooth fairy. Very important..........the Tooth Fairy don't you know.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@EtrnlVw
It's easy to create spirituality and also very easy to explain.

And regarding the soul:
If something is made up, then certainly the process can be evidenced, but that does not automatically make the concept itself valid.

And similarly:
Waxing lyrically about theism does not automatically validate that concept. Waxing lyrically simply evidences your ability to string words together effectively.

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@EtrnlVw
Well understanding the nature of spirituality and having a full comprehension of what evidence consists of (the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid) the evidence that correlates with that nature is abundant. Since we can assume that we are not dealing with material objects we can study like we would in our universe we move over to testimonial evidence. Spirituality and religion are the fields that observe that nature, testimonial evidence is what we would want to use as a cross reference and everything is fair game. This would include NDE's and OBE's, spiritual encounters and paranormal study. I can link you with a channel that has a huge database of NDE's and medical facts that collaborate with the testimonials, and these are average people not selling any religious ideas. We're talking about the soul leaving the body after brain death (which begins only 4 min after the heart stops beating).
Having my own encounters with spiritual beings and other experiences I cross examine other testimonies. Together I have my own evidence and a mega storehouse of evidence at my fingertips. Whether or not you wish to categorize spiritual based evidence is up to you( as in weak or strong), but I can help you sort it all out.
So your entire case hinges on anecdotal evidence, correct?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
So your entire case hinges on anecdotal evidence, correct?

You can label it whatever you like, it's classified as evidence. And if you look at the definitions of evidence you will find the term testimony. And that evidence correlates with the nature of spirituality. In other words it's the only kind of evidence for a transcendent reality, there is no material objects involved other than the human experience. But to answer the question no, I'm not relying entirely on testimonial evidence, there are other factors that indicate the proposition of Theism. However, just like atheism it's about interpretation.....scientific based evidence is neutral and can be interpreted more than one way. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@zedvictor4
When you have an inquiry let me know. Thanks for all the opinions though.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@EtrnlVw
But to answer the question no, I'm not relying entirely on testimonial evidence, there are other factors that indicate the proposition of Theism.
Such as?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
Interpretation, logic and commonsense. 
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@EtrnlVw
Interpretation, logic and commonsense
Can you please expand on each of these points?