Does "the scripture" actually say this at all,.... anywhere?

Author: Stephen

Read-only
Total: 263
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
But you seemed to be implying that you'd only be an observer in the new thread.

Wrong.
Neither the post nor the comment in it  was addressed to you Einstein.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
But you seemed to be implying that you'd only be an observer in the new thread

Wrong.

Neither the post nor the comment in it  was addressed to you Einstein.

I know it was a bit sharp for you,but  I was speaking from my own stand point.  Although this interloping  never seems to be a problem for you when you decide to interfere and budge in one other peoples conversations. It must be a theist shepherd thing, where one sheep of the flock is looking after another sheep of the same flock.

Anyway, if your would rather me NOT reply to someone's questions please say so. 

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@ethang5
You asked and I told you, you guys never give us the chance. Don't ask a question and then call the answer a grievance.

I don't recall asking a question, but you sure seem worked up about it. 

No thanks. You're here arguing, that shows you already find it interesting. That you cannot commit to another thread (which you recommended) with the topic in which you've already shown an interest, is telling.

Perhaos: it should tell you I'd be interested in seeing what your case is before responding to it, in a place clearly marked for said case, rather than down here in the depths of some other topic entirely. And that you won't start a thread that's a completely different topic than this one, ten pages in, is also pretty telling: you seem wary of starting a thread about your case for the supernatural, I mean it's almost as if you don't have a whole lot to talk about on the matter. "Commit" to an internet forum thread? Dafuq does that even mean. If your topic interests me, I'll respond as I see fit, otherwise, go fuck yourself, maybe?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ludofl3x
Lol.

No thanks ludo. I decline your kind offer to start a new thread because this riveting  subject shouldn't be buried on the 9th - 10th? page.

I'll keep waiting for an atheist not terrified of having the case laid out to him.

Thanks.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
I know it was a bit sharp for you,but  I was speaking from my own stand point.
That's OK. But you answer as if I was talking TO you. You've done that a couple of times.

Although this interloping  never seems to be a problem for you when you decide to interfere and budge in one other peoples conversations.
Budging in isn't the problem, it's the confused way you pretend I was talking TO you. I budge into convos, but I'm always aware that the post I'm responding to was not originally addressed to me.

It must be a theist shepherd thing, where one sheep of the flock is looking after another sheep of the same flock.
Nah, I think you just have poor reading comprehension and really did think the post was to you. You should read more slowly.

Anyway, if your would rather me NOT reply to someone's questions please say so. 
What do I care? You never respond to my questions, so why would I care whether you respond to someone's else's questions? You are welcome to respond anytime, just stop pretending the post was addressed to you.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@ethang5
Seems like what you really want is the ability to complain about not being able to lay out your case, rather than to lay it out to anyone at all. You could have done so here without asking my permission or waiting for someone to ask you. You'd rather complain apparently. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ludofl3x
About a quarter of you guys are too dense to understand the argument, another quarter doesn't care for anything other than taking silly potshots at God, and and a quarter are not interested.

That leaves only a quarter who would be interested, and who have the mental capacity to understand the argument in the first place. I thought you were in that one quarter. Do you really think I could lay out the argument to atheists like Dee Dee or Disgusted?

You asked for the argument. You asked me to start a new thread, and then you sniff, you may reply if its interesting, and if you see fit.

You were asking me to post my argument. You. Then when I ask if you will take part, you say I should just lay it out and you may, if you see fit? Lay it out for whom? The 3/4th of atheists who think God is a four letter word?

No thanks. I'll pass.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@ethang5
Okay, no problem. Forgive me for being 99% sure you don't have any argument or case at all, just going by the dearth of evidence to support another assessment. Just going by the amount of evidence you've provided, I mean. Ironically, we've gotten to the end of your case for gods pretty quickly, and you didn't have to do anything BUT complain (you saying it's there providing no evidence and demanding we all believe you AND find you interesting to boot). We're both happy! 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ludofl3x
Lol. You won't commit. But you want to summarize your counter argument while not giving me a chance to lay mine out. Nice.

I'm glad we're both happy. At least I know where my happiness comes from.

Billions of people over thousands of years  convinced by a 1% case is pretty good hey? Just imagine if there was more evidence!

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@ethang5
It's cool to think that you've devoted more thread initializations to Harikrish and your petty squabble with him than you have to your case for Jesus. In fairness to you, if your entire case is "lots of people believe it therefore it's probably true," you're better off not starting the thread, I agree, because that is completely uninteresting, I mean unless you can tell me why you're right and muslims, who outnumber Christians, are wrong. 

Or alternative plan, go facebook stalk some internet forum poster and make topics about how much the two of you don't like each other, that seems a strength. Just kiss already!
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
Double post deleted, apologies. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ludofl3x
It's cool to think that you've devoted more thread initializations to Harikrish and your petty squabble with him than you have to your case for Jesus.
Jesus needs no defense.

In fairness to you, if your entire case is "lots of people believe it therefore it's probably true,"
That is what you want my case to be. You won't let me present it to you, but you're ready to present your fake substitute as mine for me. You want to discuss  "my case" by innuendo instead of formally.

If you say Christianity is not convincing, then the sheer number of people being convinced by it contradicts you.

you're better off not starting the thread, I agree, because that is completely uninteresting,
And yet here you are, still buttaching that I haven't. You asked me to. I've declined. What are you still whining about now?

I mean unless you can tell me why you're right and muslims, who outnumber Christians, are wrong. 
Muslims do not outnumber Christians, and their number has nothing to do with whether they are right or wrong.

Or alternative plan, go facebook stalk some internet forum poster and make topics about how much the two of you don't like each other, that seems a strength. Just kiss already!
That is what he's doing. And if I remember correctly, you supported his virulent racism. Either way, he's been perma banned from Dart, so your self-serving  tangent here means nothing.

Now, how many more posts do you have for the subject you claim is "completely uninteresting"?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ludofl3x
It's cool to think that you've devoted more thread initializations to Harikrish and your petty squabble with him than you have to your case for Jesus.

Yes he does this intentionally to disrupt a thread he cannot defend his god on. He does it to distract from the crux of the topic and also to bury his embarrassing contradictory  statements  and lies.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Jesus needs no defense.
 Why doesn't Jesus need "no defense"?

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
I don't know.

But I can tell you why He NEEDS no defense. Lol.

That reading comprehension is a mother isn't it?
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@ethang5
Well what do you know, there's already a topic where several have made cases for their version of god, you could simply head over there if you were so inclined! And bonus for you, I've even participated in it.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Jesus needs no defense.
Why doesn't Jesus need "no defense"?<br>
I don't know. But I can tell you why He NEEDS no defense. Lol.

OK. That'll do.  WHY?

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Stephen
Because he's dead if he was ever real in the first place and there's nothing more you can do to him. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
Because he's dead

That is of course if you make the assumption that the soul does not survive a physical death. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
Well as I don't make the assumption that anything that hasn't been demonstrated is real, I don't assume a soul to begin with. I'm not on the same plane of existence or realm or whatever as you I guess with all that special knowledge. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@EtrnlVw
That is of course if you make the assumption that the soul does not survive a physical death. 

The soul? What is the soul?

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
OK. That'll do.  WHY?
Why what?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ludofl3x
No thanks. I don't do pop religion.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
 I can tell you why He NEEDS no defense. Lol.
  WHY?

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
This is where I demonstrate my patience to you.

Though I've told you several times that if you do not answer my questions I will not answer yours, you keep asking me questions. 

I don't know if you're slow, or if you mistakenly believe only your questions deserve answers, but either way, you will learn.

Were I not professionally trained, I might be berating you for your persistent lack of understanding right now. But I am patient.

So once again. You are a serial question dodger. As such, your questions will be considered garbage until you grow some integrity and start answering questions.

And if you need more patience and tolerance, I have plenty. You will learn.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@ethang5
No thanks. I don't do pop religion.

So in fact you WOULD rather complain. To review: you suggest a topic ("Let us make our case for God! JUST THIS ONCE!") that differs from this topic. I suggest "Go ahead and make the topic", and say I'll be glad to at least read it. You say "nah," for whatever reason (I think it's because you like to play the victim), subsequently reveal a terrible argument for god ("A lot of people believed in him over a lot of time, therefore it's likely true"), I find a pre-existing topic that is EXACTLY THE TOPIC YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT, and coincidentally is pursuant to the user guidelines for this site, and you say "I don't do pop religion," apropos of nothing at all. 

Oh, not to mention you say "That's not my argument" then refuse to clarify in EITHER topic. I hope Jesus isn't too disappointed that you're blatantly saying "Nah, I don't do that" to 1 Peter 3:15! 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ludofl3x
So you're still not happy. OK, let it out.

So in fact you WOULD rather complain.
If I don't do what you want, then I must rather do what you offer as the only alternative, right?

To review: you suggest a topic ("Let us make our case for God! JUST THIS ONCE!") that differs from this topic. I suggest "Go ahead and make the topic", and say I'll be glad to at least read it. You say "nah," for whatever reason
I gave my reason. You invited me to blog. I don't blog. I'm here for debate.

(I think it's because you like to play the victim), 
Lol. You must be a lawyer then, cause if I'm a victim you certainly are chasing that ambulance. Perhaps if you keep posting to me, you'll continue to think I like to "play" the victim.

subsequently reveal a terrible argument for god ("A lot of people believed in him over a lot of time, therefore it's likely true"),
That was not an argument for God. That is the only the position your paint-by-the-number argument is equipped to deal with.

Our topic was to draw a line from the cause of the universe (which you said you agreed with) to the Christian God.

You had not yet heard my argument and called it unconvincing. I told you the many people it has convinced contradict you, and suddenly you have elevated that comment as my argument. The same argument you wouldn't let me make!

I find a pre-existing topic that is EXACTLY THE TOPIC YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT, and coincidentally is pursuant to the user guidelines for this site, and you say "I don't do pop religion," apropos of nothing at all. 
How many there share your belief that the universe has a cause? How many there are capable of understanding physics?

You asked me. I declined. Yet you keep harassing me. Who made you my convo finder? What do you want? For me to do what you'd like? Sorry liberal. I will no

Oh, not to mention you say "That's not my argument" then refuse to clarify in EITHER topic
Clarify what? You declined my explanation in this thread. What am I supposed to clarify for you? You suggested I make another thread. I declined. You suggested I go to an existing thread. I declined.

I don't have to do anything or go anywhere you direct. I do no wrong by not doing what you suggest. I am not obligated to obey you.

I hope Jesus isn't too disappointed that you're blatantly saying "Nah, I don't do that" to 1 Peter 3:15! 
Jesus will be fine. It's always funny when the same atheist who hates biblical quotes, starts quoting the bible to you.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
As such, your questions will be considered garbage

I see.   Another fail 

I have told you I will answer your questions on your own thread. You keep declining and I don't fkn care .

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@ethang5
I gave my reason. You invited me to blog. I don't blog. I'm here for debate.
<br>
I invited you to start a thread to present your argument. You're not here for debate, you're here to complain and run your usual "I'm a tough guy" act no one buys, to make ill conceived arguments, to act like a child, but you're certainly not here for debate. You've yet to demonstrate any real interest in intellectual discussion at all, you sort of want to do this weird puff your chest out bluster to impress yourself. It's bizarre, but I have to admit I feel bad not helping you. It's like watching a turtle that someone's flipped onto its back trying to get up, I mean you feel like you SHOULD help it before the sun dries it out...but then you find out the turtle's just an asshole turtle anyway so you don't.

To clarify:

Our topic was to draw a line from the cause of the universe (which you said you agreed with) to the Christian God.
I agree that it seems likely through ONLY logic that something 'caused' the universe (logic alone doesn't prove this is true in this case, but for the sake of a hypothetical I can grant it). You seem to claim you can draw a line to the Christian god, but I think you thought better of it, having been handed your hat on this very topic numerous times, so now you're saying "I don't even WANNA play in your stupid sandbox!" 

You had not yet heard my argument and called it unconvincing. I told you the many people it has convinced contradict you, and suddenly you have elevated that comment as my argument. The same argument you wouldn't let me make!
Pretty sure my contention said something like "If that IS your argument", advising you to avoid making that terrible argument (Which you do again in this very post, it's again, super weird) if you wanted to make a thread about the topic. See:

I said the argumentum ad populum you were employing was not an intellectually interesting argument (it isn't). And again, I'm not prohibiting you from making your terrible argument (only saying the one you've presented here thus far is terrible and wouldn't make for a good topic). You can start a topic, can't you, gentle reader? Can the class say "Ethang5 doesn't actually have an argument and just wants to toss his toys out of the pram in a tantrum?"

I thought it could. Gentle readers, you don't answer my questions so I won't answer yours, etc. etc., playing all the hits! Your act is old bro. You want to debate, then debate. You don't, ever. There's an entire other debate board with pages and pages of you not debating, and topics just about a single poster. You don't have the capacity for intellectual engagement, partner, otherwise you'd have shown some by now. You don't have to do what I want at all, just be you dude, we can all see you for what you are. I am glad to keep pointing it out. 
ethang5
ethang5
you're here to complain and run your usual "I'm a tough guy" act no one buyfs, 
And other times I like to play a victim, right?

Can the class say "Ethang5 doesn't actually have an argument and just wants to toss his toys out of the pram in a tantrum?"
Neither your childish taunts nor your silliness will make me do what you want.

I am glad to keep pointing it out. 
You really are lonely aren't you? Just another bitter moron yapping at my heels after he has said goodbye and I have told him no thanks.

I wanted to debate you right now and right here. You wanted another thread that you said you may or may not take part in. So I declined. Now I'm the one who never debates?

For some reason you're miffed. Why? I don't care about you or your idiot's opinion of me. I've declined your offer to start another thread, and I've declined your pop religion page. Did that upset you?

Do you have a life? Please go find it.