Does "the scripture" actually say this at all,.... anywhere?

Author: Stephen

Read-only
Total: 263
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@ethang5
I wanted to debate you right now and right here. You wanted another thread that you said you may or may not take part in. So I declined. Now I'm the one who never debates?

I actually even said "or don't" to starting a new thread, yet you still haven't even attempted to make your argument. It's as you said, rather telling. You're all blather. I'm sure you'll slink back over to your little three poster fiefdom soon enough, where you can debate who's black and whose country sucks, it seems a real passion of yours. You are doing what I want you to...staying here so I can continue to toss you for lolz. That's another one of your classics, I love it! Adults on a debate site talking like a 12 year old who's in an online game, cool!
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5

ethang5, the perpetual RUNAWAY,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE STEPPING IN PROVERBIAL POO AGAIN: "I've declined your offer to start another thread, and I've declined your pop religion page. Did that upset you?"

Yahweh forbid if you should even get close to starting a new thread of your own because of your record shown below! LOL!
[ UPDATE: It has been ONE YEAR, 5 MONTHS, AND 15 DAYS since ethang5 as even "tried" to post a new thread upon his own! LOL! ] 

YOUR CONTRADICTIVE QUOTE AGAIN: "Do you have a life? Please go find it."

When you are in discussion with Stephen in the same amount of time that he is, and then you insidiously proffer that Stephen should find a life, then you too are guilty of not having a life outside of DEBATEART!!!  Check the bottom of your shoes again.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@ethang5
Do you have a life? Please go find it.

You have 3X as many posts here as I do as of this moment. That's approximate, by the way, before you get all backed up over it. As usual, your total lack of self awareness serves as the petard on which you're hoisted. 
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@ludofl3x
And you're still here. Has letting out your bile  soothed your bitterness?

You follow me on DDO too huh? You losers kill me. How in the world do you let a stranger on the internet get you bitter?

Do you have a life? 

Or are you a anti-theist dweeb who stalks religion boards because your real life is a failure.

You can beg, fume, taunt, and insult, and I will not do what you want. You can't scare me, confuse me, or out last me.

After I leave this post, I don't think about you at all. You're stewing in bitterness and I don't even think of you.

I can't toss you for lolz cause you're not funny. You're angry and sad.

I actually even said "or don't" to starting a new thread,
And I didn't. Yet here you are buttaching about me not doing it.

Stop shaming yourself loser. But if that floats your boat, I'm here for you.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@ethang5
Never change, playa. All that projection and aggravation, not a whiff of anything intelligent, engaging in 2800 posts I bet. Keep on keepin' on, at least this makes you feel good, right? 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ludofl3x
I certainly won't change for you snowflake.

Are you tiring? Is your outrage soothed? Now you're counting my posts. Lol.

Lord, they just banned one obsessed loon, I sure I hope I'm not getting another.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@ethang5
Are you tiring? Is your outrage soothed? Now you're counting my posts. Lol.

Who's outraged? All I said was start a thread, suddenly you're all upset. And your post count is next to your username, I'm not sure if you're aware, I point it out because you wondered if I have a life (outside of this forum I presume? I don't know, you're in one of your fits), which I point out is ironic because you're doing three times as much as what I'm doing. Hopefully that helps clear up some of the confusion in which you seem to perpetually reside. That said, I'm done giving you rope to continually trip over in this topic, I kind of feel bad, like I'm punching a mentally handicapped child. Have fun ranting, buddy! If you ever decide you can make a case from "something caused the universe" to "Jesus did it," I remain interested in reading it, but we both know you can't and won't. For good measure, I'll throw in some random name that you seem to think scores some strange points with someone: have a great day, Jethro!
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ludofl3x
Who's outraged?
You are.

All I said was start a thread, suddenly you're all upset.
No sir. You said start a thread and I said no thanks and you told me to go fck myself. No worries, I know your memory only picks up insults at you, never ones from you.

I point it out because you wondered if I have a life (outside of this forum I presume?)
No. At all.

which I point out is ironic because you're doing three times as much as what I'm doing. 
And yet you're still here, whining about who knows what. If you do have a life, please go find it.

That said, I'm done giving you rope to continually trip over in this topic,..
You're one of those dweebs who keeps coming back after the poster has said "no thanks" so I'll believe you when I see you're actually done.

I kind of feel bad, like I'm punching a mentally handicapped child.
A mentally handicapped child can goad you into vulgarity and unprovoked insults? Lol, that's funny because your lame insults would not bother a mentally handicapped child.

I remain interested in reading it, but we both know you can't and won't.
That must be why you declined when I asked you, "what's wrong with this thread?" Thanks for "saving" me.

It funny how you sjw's think your disbelief is what makes us theists not want to post.

For good measure, I'll throw in...
You're still begging!  I'm flattered that you pay so much attention to my posts. It isn't just you. That is how I have so many posts. People find me interesting.

...have a great day, Jethro!
Are you leaving now? Ya sure this time?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
The soul? What is the soul?

It's your conscious being that exists independent of the physical body. This is the part of you God created and sent into creation where your parents where a part of forming your physical layer. You are an expression of the Creator, you are from God's very own heart and soul.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
Well as I don't make the assumption that anything that hasn't been demonstrated is real, I don't assume a soul to begin with.

You don't have to assume the soul, the knowledge and evidence have been around for quite some time. However you would have to assume we don't have one from an ideology that freely admits to having incomplete knowledge about consciousness. The soul has been demonstrated since spirituality rose. 

I'm not on the same plane of existence or realm or whatever as you I guess with all that special knowledge.

LMAO! Alright at least you are paying attention. It's not special knowledge though, you are from God Itself and have access to anything anyone else does. It is part of your journey to learn and experience everything the Creator has to offer.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@EtrnlVw
...you are from God Itself and have access to anything anyone else does. It is part of your journey to learn and experience everything the Creator has to offer.
When you put it that way, it's staggering how much he loses by being closed, angry, and bitter.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@EtrnlVw
The soul? What is the soul?

It's your conscious being that exists independent of the physical body. This is the part of you God created and sent into creation where your parents where a part of forming your physical layer. You are an expression of the Creator, you are from God's very own heart and soul.

Could you start a thread on this and explain a bit more?

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
The soul has been demonstrated since spirituality rose. 

How and where? At what point in the developmental process is the soul installed? If it's been demonstrated, we should be able to see some evidence in the human development process, right? Do all mammals or all animals or all sentient creatures have souls, or is it just humans? If the answer is just humans, then we are off to a good start! We should be able to see, biologically, the difference somewhere between an animal who is "soul negative" and a human, who is "soul positive," if this thing's been demonstrated. Do you have any such evidence? Or is your evidence like PGA's evidence, basically, "art makes you cry, therefore you have a soul"? You're talking about claims. Not demonstration of those claims. Feel free to show me otherwise. Then we can talk about why this would in any way imply an afterlife. Of course, I'm with the guy who said you should start a topic about it, this is a totally different topic I'd enjoy reading and potentially participating in. You can even copy and paste my questions if you like. 

It's not special knowledge though, you are from God Itself and have access to anything anyone else does
Which god exactly? And how can I tell? And why are so many people wrong? Why are you right? I'm pretty sure it's special knowledge.

It is part of your journey to learn and experience everything the Creator has to offer. 
What does this creator have to offer that I don't currently have? 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
"The soul is the breath of God that endures being mixed with what is of the dust."

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
If it's mixed with dust, then we should be able to see it somewhere, but anyway, does that mean all life forms on the planet have souls? Or are we the only ones made of dust?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
The Greek word that gets translated into soul is "psychē.

If the soul doesn't exist, psychology and psychiatry have no basis to them as legitimate areas of study.

The breathe of God is life.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
So then because they are legitimate areas of study, then animal psychologists being around would lead to the very logical conclusion that animals, all of them, also have souls, right? I thought the breath of god was the soul, now it's life?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
The psyche is the subject of these areas of study. There is still a lot of mystery surrounding the subject.

Do animals have souls? I don't know. I don't see why they couldn't. They clearly do not possess they same noetic faculties that human beings do. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ethang5
When you put it that way, it's staggering how much he loses by being closed, angry, and bitter.

Yeah I know, the soul loses grasp and understanding of what it truly is and its own origins once it enters the womb. It then takes on its own perceptions through the souls own experiences. So even though the soul itself is pure like God, once the soul becomes identified with the physical body, mind and emotions it can get quite dirty. The soul then has to rely on God to be freed from that false identity, until then they will most likely be closed, angry and bitter especially and ironically towards God, their own origins.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Mopac
"The soul is the breath of God that endures being mixed with what is of the dust."

SOUL-
the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.
the immaterial essence, animating principle, or actuating cause of an individual life
a person's total self
an active or essential part
comprises the mental abilities of a living being: reason, character, feeling, consciousness, memory, perception, thinking, etc. Depending on the philosophical system, a soul can either be mortal or immortal
In Judaism and in Christianity, only human beings have immortal souls
There is the pure soul, the Spirit of God in each individual, which is ever-existing, ever-conscious, ever-new Bliss. The soul, as God’s reflection, has the same qualities as God.
an entity which is regarded as being the immortal or spiritual part of a person and which, having no physical or material reality, is credited with the functions of thinking, willing, and choosing
the spirit of a dead person, thought of as separate from the body and leading an existence of its own

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
Could you start a thread on this and explain a bit more?

Possibly, I have to go to work but maybe later. Or you can just ask me specific questions. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@EtrnlVw
That there I said was a poetic way Saint Gregory the Theologian described the soul. He's got a lot of good stuff.

Animals are not made in the image of God, that is, they lack noetic faculties. That said, we do believe The Holy Spirit enlivens all things.

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
Locked by request of OP.