Total: 56
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Singularity
Life expectancy has probably doubled in the last hundred years.

Better healthcare, improved medical intervention, increased personal awareness of healthy living etc.

Nonetheless 0 to 50 is still 0 to 50 and a year is still a year, and though we might be relatively fitter and healthier than previous generations were, this still only extends the years from 50 0nwards.

And 50 onwards are still inevitably the years of natural physical decline.

And so continued use of current strategies can only increase the years 100 + for example.

And currently, of what real use is a centenarian?

Do you get my point?

How do you actually stop the clock sooner?
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
-->
@zedvictor4
I understand that's what the old interventions looked like, lol. The maximum lifespan is what we are looking to extend. The maximum lifespan at the moment seems to be about 120. The real goal is to extend the maximum lifespan and help more people achieve that. I just don't see it being possible to push back the maximum lifespan, without delaying the aging process. 
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Singularity
The odds of me being in the "most people" group are above 50%.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Singularity
Realistically for most people the current maximum lifespan is probably somewhere between 80  and 100 years.

And "interventions" may have improved but have nonetheless changed very little.

As I have continually stated "interventions" only prolong the latter stages of existence, rather than halt the ageing process at a point where the body is physically and mentally in it's prime. Probably somewhere around 30 years of age.

ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@Singularity
The maximum lifespan at the moment seems to be about 120

..." Telomeres have been compared with the plastic tips on shoelaces, because they keep chromosome endsfrom fraying and sticking to each other, which would destroy or scramble an organism's genetic information.

Telomeres are made of repeating sequences of TTAGGG on one strand paired with AATCCC on the otherstrand.

Thus, one section of telomere is a "repeat" made of six "base pairs."....

120 / 6 = 20 and there exists 20 amino-acids ----120 / 12 = 5 { 5-fold }

20 equilateral triangles on surface of 5-fold symmetry of the icosa{20}hedron

Icosahedron { spun } induces 31 left and 31 right great circle/planes { tori? }

(><><><><><><><*><*><><><><><><><)

Biologic life = finite integral enclosure

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Finite = integrity { systemic and structural } = sacred ( divine }

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gravity = syntropy via synergistic mass-attraction

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Life = syntropy via entropic EMRadiation

Singularity
Singularity
I don't know that sacred geometry really means much
Singularity
Singularity
Fascinating stuff though
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Singularity
I don't know that sacred geometry really means much
No one here stated anything abut sacred geometry.

That said, there exists no occupied space that does not have shape{ geometry }.  Common sense.

Finite = integrity { systemic and structural } = sacred/divine.  Simple, not complex to grasp.

Infinite = lack of integrity i..e has no structure or systemic integrity

DI = greek for two

Vine = woody plant that grows on surface or just beneath Earths surface and will travel vertically towards sun{?} on trees or poles.

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@ebuc
I was referring to this random gibberish below. Not sure what you would call it. 

(><><><><><><><*><*><><><><><><><)

Biologic life = finite integral enclosure

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Finite = integrity { systemic and structural } = sacred ( divine }

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gravity = syntropy via synergistic mass-attraction

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Life = syntropy via entropic EMRadiation

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Singularity
I was referring to this random gibberish below. Not sure what you would call it. 
OMG, I must of have touched and ego nerve.  Your the only person talking sacred geometry, not me.

ME--(><><><><><><><*><*><><><><><><><) Biologic life = finite integral enclosure

The above is not random --your error-- and not gibberish, again your error. Your ego is working overtime.
It was related to the prior statements regarding 31 bilateral spinal nerves. So I used a texticonic symbols in  a pattern to represent my thoughts in English.

ME--()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() Finite = integrity { systemic and structural } = sacred ( divine }
Again, texticonic symbolism --not random gibberish--  to be associated with the  associated english text --not random gibberish of the 31 bilateral spinal nerves.

You may need to access a dictionary and expand you grasp of English language.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Gravity = syntropy via synergistic mass-attraction
Again not random gibberish. You need to check dictionary for what is random and what is gibberish. This latter above is symbolism of geodesic space-time.  Your clueless  and wish to remain so. Many around similar to you.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Life = syntropy via entropic EMRadiation
Again, your ego blinds you to rather simple texticonic representations of EMRadiation as a sine-wave.

That you dont grasp that all biologic life is a resultant of EMRadiation from Sol is not surpriing.  Many around here like your self that appear to be clueless to anything outside a narrow armpit purview and only have disdain for others attempt to do enlightened others. Sad :--(

Maybe your just having a bad week, or your monthly period. I dunno.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Singularity
Again, if we want and extended lifespan, then we need only grab some of the arctic whales genetic code and splice it onto human DNA.

..." Also known as the Arctic whale, the bowhead is by far the longest living mammal on Earth. Some bowhead whales have been found with the tips of ivory spears still lodged in their flesh from failed attempts by whalers 200 years ago. The oldest known bowhead whale was at least 211 years old.May 10, 2011 "...

Further more we have jellies that seemingly appear to be immortal and we only need to grab some of the genetic code and add it to ours.

..." The good news is that you can be immortal. The bad news is that you have to become a floating blob of jelly to do so. Scientists have discovered a jellyfish which can live forever. "....

.." The good news is that you can be immortal. The bad news is that you have to become a floating blob of jelly to do so. Scientists have discovered a jellyfish which can live forever. "...

Hey, that doesnt sound like such bad eternal life.  Floating around in the ocean could be groovy thing to do for eternity. Put on some good music and just float our life away.  

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@ebuc
I like your last post. That makes a lot of sense. The other stuff this "textonic" symbolism or sacred geometry is something I have only seen from the occasional schizophrenic patient, and doesn't make much sense. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Singularity
The other stuff this "textonic" symbolism or sacred geometry is something I have only seen from the occasional schizophrenic patient, and doesn't make much sense.
Your the only one talking "sacred geometry" and attempting to project your schizophreninc paranoia on me. Sad :--(

Stick to what I present and not what you project and maybe you will begin to grasp anything Ive presented in stead of jumping on a false "gibberish" narrative. 

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@ebuc
I will try to sum up what I am saying below

365 = %%%%%^%%%

You are ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Singularity
Singularity
Texttonic symbolism is sacred geometry. Not sure why you are denying it, just spent a while googling it and it is something that is definitely a branch of the sacred geometry and not sure why you are pretending like it isn't something spiritual and pretending it is widely used among mathematicians and scientists. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Singularity
Sacred geometry is a dimension based assumption.

Which basically, only tells us what is.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Singularity
I will try to sum up what I am saying below 365 = %%%%%^%%% You are ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
Not a fair comparison.   Your ego is working overtime to create a false narrative. Sad :--(

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Singularity
Texttonic symbolism is sacred geometry.
Huh? YOur ego is working overtime creating a false narrative. Sad :--((

Not sure why you are denying it, just spent a while googling it and it is something that is definitely a branch of the sacred geometry and not sure why you are pretending like it isn't something spiritual and pretending it is widely used among mathematicians and scientists.
Your ego is still working overtime to create a false narrative. When you want to address specifically what Ive stated, your welcome  to do so.

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@ebuc
I am not sure what the randoms symbols you posted mean. So it makes it hard to respond. Also, the only information on texttonic symbolism is on sacred geometry forums and it doesn't seem to be used by anyone not pushing some sort of occultism, so it clearly falls under the generic title of sacred geometry. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Singularity
I am not sure what the randoms symbols you posted mean. So it makes it hard to respond.
You did not have to respond and I did give minimal explanatory text first time and more 2nd time as a response to you. Why you want to keep pursuing your false narrative, instead of topic of thread, is further evidence that your ego is working overtime.

Also, the only information on texttonic symbolism is on sacred geometry forums and it doesn't seem to be used by anyone not pushing some sort of occultism, so it clearly falls under the generic title of sacred geometry.
You keep going on about "sacred geometry" and this is evidence of your ego working overtime as I have no idea of any such forum much less my having any account with such.  Do us all a favor and place your ego to the side, and focus more on truth, and topic of this thread. Thanks.
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@ebuc
Where did you study this "tectonic symbolism"?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Singularity
Where did you study this "tectonic symbolism"?
You must be very young person.  I got on internet back in 90's long before we had the many grapic iconinc Emoji's.

:--) or ;-)  was very common, primary source of my studies and most other users in those days.  I saw many creative uses of texticonic charactors.

I use them as 2ndary symbolisms to represent and association with my concepts. Geodesic shape of space, if not space-time.

Are you ready to get back on topic?  Arctic whales live to be at least 200 years old. That is beyond my human maximum average of 120 years.

Specific kind of jellies are superifically immortal, becuase they basically just retract to their stem cells root stage of life, kind of like returning to the womb, yet there is not womb.

Entropy is one direction ergo humans cannot return to the womb.

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@ebuc
Studies have removed Gene's associated with aging from other life forms with a lot of success, and I think gene therapy could extend our life spans for a bit until we came up with another solution

17 days later

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Singularity
..."So, how does one gene control life span? Quite simply, it acts by controlling a lot of other genes that just happen to coordinate the survival system within worms."....

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Singularity
This is close to what my assessment is. I stated 120 years would be the limit for average age of humans that is possible, and with add this addendum, ' without gene manipulation by humans '.  Environment and nutrition effects ergo Lamarkian { epigenetics } evolution.

..."Earlier in September, researchers from the Netherlands published a study that pegged the maximum human age limit to 115 years."....

Even with gene manipulaton by humans, there is going to be limits to biological life of human and again, we have the comb jellies that revert to a stem cell stage and basically are just rebuilding them selves from that stem cell stage/phase.

Humans are not jellies and certainly no where near the simplicity of a comb jelly or any jelly fish.

200 year old arctic whales is one thing, but a human whose environment is on land and  in sunshine is radically differrent from a whale that only occasionally sees light of day, immersed cold arctic water all their lives.

So lets say they get age specific set of  jelly gene{s} or artic whales.  Will there also be unwanted side effects.  My wife is afraid she will die of if she comes out of our backyard pool!  Not that I mine having sex with my wife in the pool but I need her to take our blubber children to school 3 days a week!

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@ebuc
Lol, there are Gene's which there is no other known purpose for other than to age the human body. Removing these suicide Gene's would extend our lifespans quite a bit. You wouldn't be adding as much as taking away, as far as the first life extension technologies are concerned.  Nobody is getting jellyfish genes.