The possibilities for immortality

Author: Singularity

Total: 76
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Singularity
Right now we aren't far from genetic manipulation, as studies in China have conducted successful tests to remove the HIV virus from a panda but for genes such as autism, ADHD, and others that could lead to an early death, the gene is unknown

Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
-->
@Vader
Autism and adhd should not be eliminated. Society needs neural diversity
Vader
Vader
-->
@Singularity
Sever autism is horrible to live with. People are unable to talk and are incapable of having social queues. I would have a cure for severe autism any day

Vader
Vader
Normal autism should be kept, but it is not possible to human immortal then due to gene manipulation with a brain that is not the "normal brain"
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Vader
No, just no. It is wrong to look at it as a disease. They function differently and that difference is a strength. It sucks they have to suffer, but I don't want less Temple Grandin's in this world
Singularity
Singularity
It isn't autistic people that need to change, it is us
Vader
Vader
-->
@Singularity
Someone should never have to suffer in this world. They process things differently but are unable to communicate it and are shunned by the rest of the world because of it
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Vader
You clearly never learned your lesson from the X Men series
Vader
Vader
-->
@Singularity
I don't listen pop culture when in regards to diseases. Celebrities and media have no place to make a stand about something more than Greta Thumberg
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Vader
So you would be on the side of the guy in the X men movie who was giving mutants a shot, to eradicate their power/disease?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Singularity
I don't know enough about X Men to make that decision
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Singularity
Hypothetically if you are able to cure people of their diseases would you do it? As in all people and this doesn't mean an improvement lets say superhuman strength will also be removed. Yes or no and then why would be fine. 

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
I used to meditate and experience astral traveling. It felt very real and I could swear I was looking down on myself, but common sense and logic say that it is more likely it was just my mind playing tricks on me. The sensation of astral traveling was not evidence for it, and it would be stupid to call it evidence

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
if you are taller, you are more likely to die sooner as well

Is this actually the case or is this just a statistical anomaly caused by the fact that the average man is taller and has a shorter lifespan than the average woman?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
There scientific facts behind this. The boys needs more energy due to a bigger operation to function, hence the body can run out of steam sooner. Women also live longer 
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I hear it is because there are more cells in the body so taller people have more opportunity for things to go wrong in cell division and get cancer