Archived
Read-only
Total: 89
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Singularity
I would agree that hierarchy can be bad depending on how it is used. I see myself more as a middleman. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Pinkfreud08
I mean no disrespect, but mods are not chosen based on "contribution," mods are chosen based on their ability to be the ideal middleman. RM is unfortunately not ideal for a moderating role. I'm not saying I am, but the existing moderators seemed to think so. 
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
-->
@MisterChris
Sweetheart, you are not a middle man. I am happy you got the role though, you seem humble and hopefully you possess the qualities I listed. 

Thinking of yourself as a middleman is not a good mindset. Just think about how you can best serve the community and act in accordance. ImO

MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Singularity
Thank you for the nice comments, but I should point out that as a moderator the role is a leadership role yes, but my job is to resolve reported disputes and interpret the code of conduct. That is an inherently middleman position. The courts should not consider themselves legislators, if you catch my drift.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Singularity
That is my opinion though. In the end my goal is to make this site a better platform.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Singularity
I don't think you have the DART experience to become a mod in my humble opinion
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
-->
@Vader
Yeah I understand that. I haven't publicly mentioned any desire to do so
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Singularity
SHUT UP YOU HEARD THE MAN YOU CAN'T BE MOD!
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@MisterChris
I am a brilliant moderator, you haven't seen me in such a role. What you have seen is me never get swayed by peer pressure or take an unfair side or stance on any subject or conflict. Show me one example where I sheeped a group or joined in a 'lynch this person' campaign. I know exactly how to moderate and have proven so extensively. I applied to be vote moderator, not forum moderator, and would like to challenge you on knowledge of the rules of voting here and what should/shouldn't pass at any given set of voting rules.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
I can't believe how mad you are getting at this. 

1) Even if this best accepts it Virtuoso or Ragnar will have to accept this to go through which most likely won't go through. Reasoning being it is basically publicly shaming someone as in something not allowed and from what I have seen they don't really do trials in public.

2) The best thing you can do is find out from Virtuoso why you weren't picked. This will make you understand what you need to do and fix it. This is more likely to make you a vote moderator than challenging something that I don't think would occur. 

It is a public shaming because there is going to be a loser and they are going to be shamed in the votes and in the comment section. It is akin to a trial since it decides an official thing on this site. This would be even closer to one if the moderators do decide to vote on the debate. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Thanks for your baseless input. I will be sure to ask Virtuoso why I wasn't chosen when he has the honesty to admit he chose objectively wrong from literally any angle of reasoning.

In other words, he couldn't give me a reason. C_B is some guy with barely any debates and votes compared to me and quite a few others, who somehow was chosen over us all.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
The reason why I wasn't chosen is that Ragnar doesn't like me. If you didn't know that, you have a lot to learn around here.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
Thanks for your baseless input.
It wasn't baseless. It was literally the problem with your suggestions. 

1) best did not accept himself. It was Virtuoso.
2) Your debate most likely won't do anything.

Call it what you want but it was far from baseless. Yours is more baseless because it is basically I am just annoyed about not being a moderator so I am not going to think rationally instead resort to things that won't help. 
In other words, he couldn't give me a reason. C_B is some guy with barely any debates and votes compared to me and quite a few others, who somehow was chosen over us all.
Direct message him and find out. No point ragging on best when he didn't decide why you weren't a moderator nor can simply agree to a trial. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
No. He owes an explanation to all those asking him, not just me. So far three others than myself have expressed discontent at this choice. Shut up please.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
No. He owes an explanation to all those asking him, not just me. So far three others than myself have expressed discontent at this choice. Shut up please.
No he doesn't. There is no rule for this, it is your own rule you want Virtuoso to follow. He can choose to but that isn't what he promised. Now if you so kindly asked him in private messages I am sure he would tell you.

If others have problems they should ask as well. There is of course a place for that. Don't bring others in when they haven't bothered to give more than one response on this topic. You are for sure more annoyed than them if we just go by the irrational ways you are trying to take someone down.

Let me list them down:

1) Want a debate even though it is very unlikely for the moderators to be apart of a public trial
2) Demand a public response to a private matter as in why you weren't picked
3) Disrespecting moderators you know the very people who you could've worked with

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Had enough of your shit. Stay out of things that don't concern you.

Blocked again and this time permanent.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Literally told you the same thing almost every single comment yet you didn't understand what I said.

I blocked you as well so I am not notified about your irrational takes. Ironic because of your name but you should already understand that or maybe that is going over your head as well. 
Zaradi
Debates: 4
Zaradi
Noooo don't stop now! I just got my popcorn heated up!
Vader
Vader
-->
@Zaradi
*munches*

Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Vader
Bitch don't steal my popcorn. Get your own popcorn
Vader
Vader
-->
@Zaradi
*takes another*
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Vader
@Zaradi
Frankly I'm pretty shocked at how strongly people feel about this. I can't really do THAT much damage. At least it's entertaining. 

Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@MisterChris
How strongly someone feels about it. Plural seems pretty overstated from this thread. And the relevant upset party will get over it. Or not, who really knows. Better question, who really cares? It's the internet ffs.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Zaradi
You're right. It's pretty much just RM. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zaradi
  • Singularity
  • PinkFreud08
  • Discipulus_Didicit
  • Me
  • Others who privately are like WTF?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MisterChris
See above.
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@RationalMadman
Singularity

...said you deserved a shot, not that chris didn't. 

Pinkfreud08

Agreed with you, and asked for elaboration in a civil manner, very much unlike your behavior, before not saying anything again.

Discipulus_Didicit

Said he didn't know who the other guy was. Just that.

Me

Oh honey, we're aware.

Others who privately are like WTF?

Kappa or Keepo?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zaradi
I would like to see where I wasn't civil until I was continually ignored by those I was asking.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zaradi
If you do such a bitchy reply to me one more time I block you.