destroy entire town and its people, if someone there wants everyone to worship false gods

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 76
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

You are foolish, Job was not. 
So you have no answer there then. 

No it is my assessment of the whole saga.
Yes, your whole assessment is baseless.
Wrong again. I have and good reason and sound base. The scripture itself  supports my assessment. God slaughters Jobs children for a bet. The scripture makes that clear.  Are you saying that the scripture is not true?

So you don't know then.
Or your learning disability is confusing you. Either or.
That's another no then.

YOU just can't resist being rude can you.

I do not use vulgarity shaheeb.

And that is another no then.

Your assessment is stupidity, proof of that is your reluctance to answer questions about it.

You haven' asked me any questions about it. Is all you have managed to do thus far is say I am wrong and make ambiguous testaments, Was that part of your "  "professional training" ?

I would have wanted to die with my children

As did Job. 
Stop lying. And lets see your evidence for that.

God knew all along that Job wouldn't lose faith, but killed his children regardless.

Why?

That is a fact. You asked for facts.

You haven't given me a single fact or factual explanation. Stop lying.

Now, if is all you are going to do, is turn someone else's thread into a personal argument with me, can  I suggest you leave the thread and start your own. This is totally unfair to the OP and you haven't even attempted to take on his question. You came right here and attempted to created another  argument with me without the slightest interest or consideration for the op.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Stop begging me to post to your other equally lame threads.

Your assessment of Job is exactly as if you never read it. You actually think Job was content.

I have stopped asking you questions because you run away from them. Now I toss you for lolz.

That is pretty much all you're good for.
Stephen
Stephen
Stop begging me to post to your other equally lame threads.
I was  asking you to address the OP of THIS thread.   This is not my thread.

I wouldn't stoop that low as to beg anyone for anything.... at all .   No. I may have  suggested that you take part in one of my threads  and you are more than entitled to decline . BUT  NO!, you would rather destroy someone else's thread like a spoiled little child. Now let us see how long it actually is before you do post on one of my threads. 18;56 pm gmt
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
I was  asking you to address the OP of THIS thread.   This is not my thread.
If I'm in the thread, posting a link to the thread is silly no?

I may have  suggested that you take part in one of my threads
Um hum, you didn't beg, you "suggested". Right.

Now let us see how long it actually is before you do post on one of my threads. 18;56 pm gmt
Would you like to know how long its been since you answered a question of mine to one of your threads?

2018 a.d.

Cluck! Cluck!
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5

ethang5, the perpetual RUNAWAY,

YOUR STEPPING IN PROVERBIAL POO QUOTE: "Would you like to know how long its been since you answered a question of mine to one of your threads?

It can't be as long as when you last posted an actual thread of your own at the DEBATEART Religion forum!!! LOL!!!  Let's see, the last one you posted in the Religion forum at DEBATEART, was on August 20, 2018!  WTF? And you want to be taken seriously? NOT!   Therefore,  you should win the prize for the number one most embarrassing situation on this forum, bar none!

[ UPDATE: it has been one year, 5 months, and 12 days since ethang5 has posted a "new" thread on his own. ]

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@BrotherDThomas
It can't be as long as when you last posted an actual thread of your own at the DEBATEART Religion forum!!! 
Its longer.

Let's see, the last one you posted in the Religion forum at DEBATEART, was on August 20, 2018!  WTF
What? No rounding this time? Lol. Some of my threads are still active today from a year ago. Your threads die early deaths.

And you want to be taken seriously? NOT!
Who told you I wanted to be taken seriously? This non sequitur seems to be projection on your part Dee Dee.

I'm not the reason people see you as a clown. And no attack on me will change that general perception of you.

You are insignificant Dee Dee. Your posts are basically vacuous fluff. Empty of anything intellectually worthy.

But, as I was trained for .....posters like you, I will deal with you. It's my calling, but I greatly enjoy it too. I earned the name, troll whisperer.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
I may have  suggested that you take part in one of my threads
Um hum, you didn't beg, you "suggested". Right.

" MAY HAVE suggested" and you are simply and  rudely continuing an argument with me personally on someone else's  thread. I am sure that there is a rule concerning this kind of disruption. I'll have to look that up.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
I'll have to look that up.
You do that Olaf.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5

YOUR STEPPING IN POO QUOTE AGAIN:  "Your posts are basically vacuous fluff. Empty of anything intellectually worthy."

Hmmm, my threads do not even come close in representing what you have said, but yet you visit them anyway with your blatant Bible ignorance nonetheless, where embarrassingly for you,  I've had to Bible Slap you silly again, and again, and again, and again, and again!  As explicitly shown on DEBATEART Religion forum, you must have a sexual fetish as you read the threads where others easily and literally "own your Bible ignorance" and that is why you are here, for sexual gratification in an ungodly way.    

[ UPDATE: January 21, 2020, it has been one year, 5 months, and 13 days since ethang5 has posted a "new" thread on his own! LOL! ]

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Hmmm, my threads do not even come close in representing what you have said,
Sure they have. They are empty. You post using a silly template, and basically say the same irrelevant thing every time.

but yet you visit them anyway with your blatant Bible ignorance nonetheless,
You keep directing them to me. In fact, you obsessively talk about me even to other people on other threads that have nothing to do with me. Most people ignore you.

But I like you Dee Dee. I have been professionally trained for people like you.

You use childish taunts. How long since I started a thread. Do silly things like that work outside of grade school?

When you can make a post with substance in it, I will treat you more seriously. For now, you are a joke, and I like jokes.

Pull out that silly template and crack us up again.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5

YOUR QUOTE: "You keep directing them to me. In fact, you obsessively talk about me even to other people on other threads that have nothing to do with me. Most people ignore you."

What part of my statement to you in another thread didn't you understand???!  To wit: "When you hold a title of being one of the most Biblically ignorant pseudo-christians on DEBATEART, you therefore have to accept that others will continue to mention you as an example of what not to turn into because of what you represent! Get it? Maybe? Just a little bit?  

Oh, and when you state in your quote above that "Most people ignore you" is absolutely false, because you don't ignore me by posting your continuous embarrassing and weak refutation to my posts!  Can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E? Sure you can!  LOL!

Jesus only knows why He makes it so easy for me to refute your ever so wanting claims, praise!

[ UPDATE: It has been ONE YEAR, 5 MONTHS, AND 15 DAYS since ethang5 as even "tried" to post a new thread upon his own! LOL! ] 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@BrotherDThomas
What part of my statement to you in another thread didn't you understand???!
It wasn't to me, it was about me.

You are an attention whore, I understood it fine.

But as I said, I was trained for tro... ahem... people like you. I will toss you and you will run. Your posts are already empty of substance and you're spamming stupidity.

You will find that your silly insults are ineffective, and nothing you can say will upset or surprise me.

You will have have to get more and more loony to get people to notice you as they become more and more bored with your schtick.

But I will be here for you. I like tro... ahem... I like people like you. I'll toast you as I toss you. You won't even know you're being embarrassed.

221 days later

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Tradesecret
???
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@n8nrgmi
but who am i to say this is not reasonable, and is bat shit crazy? 
Of course it is reasonable? Why would you suggest otherwise? 

Let's break it down.

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods.
Suppose in the town next door to where you live, some Nazi fascists got a foothold and starting influencing people to shoot and kill blacks in that town to the point that all of the blacks were killed.  Would you just sit back and do nothing? Or would you inform the police and the governor and expect someone to do something about that group of people who were living in the town next door? And what happens if before the police do anything, your daughter comes home from university and says that she is now moving to the town next door because they are just trying to make the world a better place? What would you do? Would you restrain her or let her go and do it because you believe in unconditional love and will support her even though she has now become a Nazi and is also starting to influence your son and your wife thinks that "she needs to find herself". 

The question is: Would you care? Or would you want to do something about it? I suggest that if you are a half decent person you would want to do something about it for your community and for your kid's sake, let alone all of the black people who live in your township who would be next in line. 

In the first place - the sentence above is along similar lines. It is about parent's and others who consider that what is happening in the next town is dangerous and that something needs to be done about it for the sake of their own community and children. 

In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you,
What an amazing sentence in the middle of this paragraph. Funny how you seemed to gloss over this line.  In other words, even after they had heard about something happening in the next town, that was not a reason to attack it. First they had to do due diligence. They had to examine the facts carefully. And then - and only then if they find it to be true - that such a detestable act has occurred. And in those times the foreign gods were probably encouraging the sexual exploitation of minors and then sacrificing them to their gods, inter alia. Only after such findings had been proved. Now for the record, this does not sound like vigilante justice - this sounds like a court room scene.  This was not a command to the people to go and kill or attack any people. It was a command in relation to law and order and so executed by the State at the time. Hence, why the emphasis is on examine the facts carefully and then if found to be true. 

you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock.
The army or the State or the police or whoever was in control of the judicial proceedings was then to organise law enforcement of the town which has committed unlawful and detestable things.  In our time they would pick them up and throw them into prison or in America, depending upon what the detestable thing was - they might be executed as individuals. 

In that time - it was the entire town who had undergone detestable matters - and possibly misled or corrupted by the few worthless rabble. Still if a mother had been influenced to let her children be sexually exploited and then sacrificed to some god, I think her punishment ought to be proportionate to her crime. And if the state determined this to be the case then well so be it. In our country people are being put into prison for 6 months for not wearing a mask. So being destroyed for sacrificing your children to gods is proportionate. (Now I know it does not expressly say what these people were doing - except encouraging people to worship foreign gods, but historically, it is very easy to find out what this meant in those times.) Destroying their livestock as well seems somewhat harsh to our eyes and ears.  Yet, it probably served to ensure that any survivors in the town did not attempt to rebuild the city and recommence their detestable practices. 

Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God.
Fair enough as well.   When evil is expunged it is good to remember and to worship what is good.  Plunder is just material possessions.  Even in our state we don't allow people to retain the tainted goods of the criminals. 

That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
As I said above, given the nature of what was happening typically in these acts of worshiping foreign gods in those times, anything to assist and remind people not to go back to those practises ought to be encouraged. Leaving the town ruined forever, if it stops even one child from being molested is a good thing. Surely you would agree. And if this sort of thing was happening in our land, and we did nothing about it - then may well God burn with anger towards us. We would after all in my opinion deserve it. If we knew it was happening and refused to stop it. Yet, if we did do something about it, then why would we not want to enjoy the mercy of God? 

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Tradesecret
there are lots of destestable cities nowadays. why shouldn't we nuke em or destroy them the old fashioned way, nowadays? why should the innocent people in those cities die?
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@n8nrgmi
There are lots of destestable cities nowadays. why shouldn't we nuke em or destroy them the old fashioned way, nowadays? why should the innocent people in those cities die?
Why? The bible does not suggest that at all.  It was written to people in a particular time about a particular issue. My point above was only to show that it was not bat shit crazy in those times.  And I guess your response only shows that you agree with me. LOL!

I don't think innocent people should be put to death. If you took the time to read my post - which evidently you did not, you would have noticed I said - it was conducted lawfully by the state after a proper review had been conducted.  Funny how you avoid the truth and facts to diss on the god you say you believe in.