Welcome to DART: Introduce Yourself

Author: bsh1

Pinned
Total: 393
WeaverofFate
Debates: 4
WeaverofFate
Greetings!

I come here mainly to vote on debates. Used to debate on DDO back in the day. I hope to learn a lot from you guys. 

Somethings about me:

- Fascist/Falangist
- Married
- Christian, love learning about religions
- I go to uni for pre-medical and economics

15 days later

Skipper_Sr
Debates: 10
Skipper_Sr
I came here to learn the skills of expert debaters 

7 days later

AleutianTexan
AleutianTexan
Hey, I'm Aleutian Texan, which describes my race and location. I've been on the site before, but it has been awhile and I had to make a new account (I've already contacted a moderator about that). Politically, I would say I am anarchist and left-leaning economically, though a lot of that gets lost in the details, especially around cultural politics. I am an atheist, though I have a lot of respect and almost jealousy for religious communities. I'm in my last semester of my Political Science degree with a history and philosophy minor, though I'm using to be an English teacher, so pros and cons.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@AleutianTexan
Oh cool,
A friend of mine met his wife online,
She had a job on some islands west of Alaska I think,
Though she's not Aleutian.
He visited her, and later they got married,
Funny enough in Texas, where her parents live.

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Lemming
I honestly think meeting lovers online is the future of dating, you can risk more being 'real' with them in relatively faster and smoother ways you'd have to be fake irl in case of the wrong kind of person exposing DMs and/or spreading rumours about something you said or did (even if exaggerated or false). Obviously you can get unlucky, they can live nearby but it's a game of odds and you at least have time to get to know them bit by bit, connecting as people more than physically, making the physical stuff get earned later.
AleutianTexan
AleutianTexan
-->
@Lemming
That's really cool. I've never actually been to Alaska. My Grandmother, who is full blooded Alaskan Native/Aleutian, followed a guy to Hawaii, met my Grandfather, and then followed him to Texas, where both my Mom (half) and I (quarter) were born.

14 days later

Bella3sp
Debates: 53
Bella3sp
Guess I just realized this forum was available. 

Feel free to develop any nickname that relates to my name/user. 
One last thing, my respect is earned; not automatic. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Bella3sp
Welcome. :)
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
Sup
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Bella3sp
ok 
Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@RationalMadman
Much appreciated. ^^

Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Bella3sp
Welcome.

my respect is earned; not automatic. 
Good thinking, that will save you the time it takes to lose respect for everyone here. 
Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@Sidewalker
I appreciate your welcome. 

Good thinking, that will save you the time it takes to lose respect for everyone here. 
Not sure how to respond to this comment. Though I understand where you are coming from. That being said, I have already formed my opinions on people based on their comments and debates. I just hope it doesn't start off too rough. 

Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Bella3sp
One last thing, my respect is earned; not automatic. 
Are you alluding to your respect towards us or our respect towards you?
Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@Skipper_Sr
I apologize for a somewhat late response. 

Are you alluding to your respect towards us or our respect towards you?
This was referred to my respect towards you guys. That said, that doesn't mean I assume your respect towards me is automatic either.

Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Bella3sp
I apologize for a somewhat late response. 
"Late" is pretty relative on this site. Don't worry about that because some users are somewhat inactive 
Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@Skipper_Sr
"Late" is pretty relative on this site. Don't worry about that because some users are somewhat inactive 
Guess I just considered an hour or so a bit of a "late" response. But your right. 
My bad for not responding "quicker".
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Just realized that in the 2 1/2 years of me being here, I never actually introduced myself in this thread. I believe my first post on this thread is "Bump post to attract new users" or something.

Dunno if y'all need a make up for it, but my profile picture is clickable.
Niqash
Niqash
I'm NiqashMotawadi3 from DDO. Not very known. Just realized today that the website was down along with Juggle while I was trying to look for something I had written there (a fanfiction story). It at least confirmed my point (which many denied) that Juggle was a dead company (4 years ago).

I'm an esoteric atheist with profound knowledge in Kabbalah and Secret Societies. And occasionally enjoy a good mafia game.

b9_ntt
Debates: 2
b9_ntt
I joined in 2019 and was inactive until the last couple of weeks. I'm an atheist and political liberal with what I think is an open mind. I am fascinated by religion, especially Christianity, and I have studied them informally quite a bit. I came here for the debates, and I am disappointed that so many debates result in forfeits. I hang out in the forums, because it's easier to engage people there.

15 days later

Romu
Romu
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I am not very comfortable in english so sorry for the next..

This in a introduction text about me and I hope it's not to boring to read! Thanks to people who give me the shot. 

I lived in the south of france, close to spain, in the Pays-Basques (it's a real country for some independentist people). 
I am 30 years when I wrote this lines. 
I do a lot of sport, like wakeboard, longboard, snowboard and soccer (futsal it's the exact term).
I am a software engineer in a little company. It's a French startup and I am proud to have a lot of good startup in my country. 

I am here to improve my skills in debating and expressing my thinking in a better way.
I am very new in the world of debating, my experiences are close to this kind or subject : pro or cons to sleep in the backside, pro or cons to have shower in the morning.
As you can see, I need to leverage my mind in some more complex subject.

Thank you for accepting me in this community.

Ps : mangez des brocolis. 
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Romu
Hi there and welcome!
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Romu
I sometimes tolerate brocoli bits in my cheese sauce.

I don't know if you'll find what you're looking for here, but trying to use a second language to debate is courageous, it may also be ingenious. People become grammar nazis when they're looking for any criticism.
Math_Enthusiast
Debates: 8
Math_Enthusiast
Hello everyone! I am just here to have fun debating. I have always enjoyed it, and I was pleased to see that there was an entire website dedicated to one-on-one debates on any topic! My biggest passion is math, and if anyone wants to challenge me to a math related debate I will happily accept. One of my goals on this site is to settle the 0.99999... = 1 debate once and for all, as I don't think it should even be a controversial question in the first place. My concept for doing this is debate it three times against three different people. I am also interested in (mostly the more abstract areas of) philosophy. I am especially interested in the topic of God's existence, and will happily argue either side of the debate, especially when it comes to the fine tuning argument.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Math_Enthusiast
Hi there and welcome aboard :)

One thing I would recommend is to find someone here who's also passionated about math and directly challenge him or her to a debate, because otherwise it may be a slow process or you may end up having some new uninterested user that will accept the debate and forfeit all the rounds and that could be quite discouraging.

Also if you have any technical questions or ideas about the website, feel free to ping me and I will be glad to help :)

One thing though is that the site is still going through some reorganization so some docs or forum threads may be outdated.

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
Also I recommend to use the search, because I believe there already were debates with exactly the same subject and you can find some useful info there.
Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Math_Enthusiast
I am also interested in (mostly the more abstract areas of) philosophy. I am especially interested in the topic of God's existence
triggerhappyhavoc
triggerhappyhavoc
Hi! I love to debate with my friends so I'm hoping that this will be fun too :D. I love physics/math/anything STEM in general, haha... I also love to write stuff! I have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with Danganronpa, Your Turn To Die, and Kakegurui. I'd be especially interested in debating advances in AI. I hope that everybody here has a super good day! <3
blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
-->
@triggerhappyhavoc
Welcome! I like the Chiaki profile pic!

10 days later

Platypi
Debates: 1
Platypi
Hello,

Speaking from the good old US of A.  I'm just going to try things out and see how it goes.