A Series of Biblical Debates

Author: Skipper_Sr

Total: 36
Skipper_Sr
Debates: 10
Skipper_Sr
Most of my debates from here on out will be about the Bible or similar content. I created a forum because like the title says, this will be a series of mine with no signs of stopping. 

The forum is also so those interested can contact me ahead of time. Reasons could be: a specific topic for debate, debate alterations, or the like. 

I am not into debates in which the title is in itself a trap. These arguments are made to increase my knowledge of Biblical content and opposing views.

Again, if you are interested and have a specific topic, let me know.

If there is low activity on this forum then I my debates will simply be "Bible Is True" or something like that to give Con the full capability to attack however they like.  
Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
Hey Did i happen to mention that i once beat a cat with a stick ? 
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Skipper_Sr

YOUR QUOTE #1: "Most of my debates from here on out will be about the Bible or similar content."

Which Bible do you read from, and how do you know without a doubt that you are reading the correct one?  

YOUR QUOTE #2:  The forum is also so those interested can contact me ahead of time. Reasons could be: a specific topic for debate, debate alterations, or the like."

Can't you come up with a topic within the Bible yourself? Remember, Jesus is watching you (Hebrews 4:13) fail in not bringing forth a topic of your own.

YOUR QUOTE #3:  "I am not into debates in which the title is in itself a trap"

So, what you are essentially saying is that if the title is disturbing and you cannot debate it because your Bible ineptness will not allow you to do so, then said topic is off limits?

YOUR QUOTE #4:  "These arguments are made to increase my knowledge of Biblical content and opposing views."

When you said in quote #3 above, you were not into debates where the title is seemingly a trap, then how can you increase your knowledge of  Bible contents without opposing views!  

YOUR QUOTE #5:  "If there is low activity on this forum then I my debates will simply be "Bible Is True"

Okay, as one of many examples of you saying the Bible is True, then do you believe that any parent should murder their offspring if they curse them, as specifically shown when Jesus said the following:  

JESUS SAID: "Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,  Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.  But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?  For God commanded, saying, 'Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, is to be put to death."  (Matthew 15: 1-4)

If you disagree with Jesus' direct words above, are you calling Him a LIAR where He is God (Titus 2:3)?

Awaiting a cogent and timely reply, thank you.

Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
-->
@Skipper_Sr
if you wish to discuss scripture i am avalible at anytime.
b9_ntt
Debates: 2
b9_ntt
-->
@Skipper_Sr
How about the topic, "The two genealogies for Jesus in the Bible cannot be reconciled?"
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Skipper_Sr
How about gods failed promise  made to the mother of Jesus?
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@Skipper_Sr
If you find yourself lacking an opponent, I would be interested in the 'Bible is True'.
Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Melcharaz
Thank you for the offer. I am sure we will have conversations at some point 
Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Stephen
@b9_ntt
Let's PM to discuss specifics and go more in-depth. If you message me tonight, don't expect a quick response because I won't be back until tomrrow
Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Which Bible do you read from, and how do you know without a doubt that you are reading the correct one?  
The Bible most generally known as The Holy Bible/God's Word. From Christianity. 

Can't you come up with a topic within the Bible yourself? Remember, Jesus is watching you (Hebrews 4:13) fail in not bringing forth a topic of your own.
Oh, it's much more interesting for me this way. I am acting like one of those "street pastors" in a sense that have open debate with any passerby willing to participate. This way, my opponent and I can agree on a topic beforehand that interests us both. If I were to give a topic such as "The Bible Is True" (I said I would possibly), I would easily be able to draw in a large crowd of non-Christians that would see my resolution as a noobsnipe. But again, I do prefer specific topics especially that are offered by others; communication that precedes the debate helps with this.

So, what you are essentially saying is that if the title is disturbing and you cannot debate it because your Bible ineptness will not allow you to do so, then said topic is off limits?
It's not about lack of Biblical knowledge. Some debators on here will make a topic that has very specific wording for the sole reason of beating the opponent based on purely semantical grounds. It's a form of trolling, honestly and not meaningful in any way. I truly care about my future discussions and debates. 

When you said in quote #3 above, you were not into debates where the title is seemingly a trap, then how can you increase your knowledge of  Bible contents without opposing views!  
Opposing views are not the same as "traps." You understand this, right?

Okay, as one of many examples of you saying the Bible is True, then do you believe that any parent should murder their offspring if they curse them, as specifically shown when Jesus said the following:  

JESUS SAID: "Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,  Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.  But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?  For God commanded, saying, 'Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, is to be put to death."  (Matthew 15: 1-4)

If you disagree with Jesus' direct words above, are you calling Him a LIAR where He is God (Titus 2:3)?
If you are interested, we can argue about this on an official debate. This forum is not the source of back and forth arguments but for the discussion of topics 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Proveing god exists . And the bible being true or not are un passable points.  
Things need to be cleared up before moving on.

So We should just keep saying. 
Prove god exists. 
Prove god exists. 
Prove god exists 
And then them not proving it.   

This is first and foremost. 

Or no hang on , get this. 

Atheists  should be sat here quietly  watching believers trying to prove god exists.

Picture  10 or 20 believers around a black  board covered With mathematical equations of all kinds.
A 24 / 7 live stream of(  tying to prove god exists ) , 
And every couple of weeks you flick it over to see wich direction they are traveling this week.
What path they are taking.. 
This week you see they have fruits and vegetables sprawled across a table and you think . 
Mmmmmm,  This look interesting , where are they going with this. 

What a pip.  

Oh and.
Any less then 10 theists in the room it is,  game over for it is obvious they've given up. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Skipper_Sr
Well, the Bible is a mish mash of social recollections and mythology from more or less two thousandish years ago. 

What more is there to say?

Firstly you need to fully explain the GOD principle relative to a beginning, rather than fast forwarding several billions of years to the thoughts of a few unwise wise men of Middle Eastern origin.

Even todays slightly wiser wise men are left floundering around in theoretical physics.

Whilst the old wisdom still relies upon magical eternal thingies.

One and the same some might add.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Skipper_Sr
Stephen Wrote: How about gods failed promise  made to the mother of Jesus?

Let's PM to discuss specifics and go more in-depth.#9
You seem to be laying down  ground rules since setting your "trap".

Still, It's not a deep or difficult question. In fact it is very simple, that is, if you know your bible,  god failed to keep his promise made to the mother of his son. 
If you'd like to discuss this with me I would be happy to discuss the "specifics" here in the open where it may encourage other members to read for themselves if not take part. I think this is better than hiding any discussion from members by holding  a private conversation on the matter behind their backs.
That is the idea of a forum. 

Specifics
God said to the mother of his son:

"He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David”.  
This didn't happen.
The floor is yours.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I expect that the stick impeded the cats progress.

I once beat a tortoise.

But I've never beaten a hare.

Next time I will give the hare a stick.

Let's see what old big ears makes of that.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Deb's post:

Great post Deb.  If I get your meaning, this appears to be another Burden of Proof  challenge.

Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Of course you think it's impossible to prove God exists. You don't believe its true
hey-yo
Debates: 24
hey-yo
-->
@Stephen
How did that not happen?
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen
@Skipper_Sr

Skipper_Sr,

YOUR QUOTE REGARDING THAT JESUS APPROVES OF MURDERING THE PARENTS OFFSPRING IF THEY CURSE THEM: "If you are interested, we can argue about this on an official debate. This forum is not the source of back and forth arguments but for the discussion of topics "

I DO NOT do debates, but only discussions within this forum.  Therefore, like the hell bound Atheist Stephen stated, we can  discuss Jesus' killing nature "here in the open where it may encourage other members to read for themselves if not take part." 

Your call.

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@zedvictor4
@Skipper_Sr

Zed,

YOUR QUOTE OF ANIMAL CRUELTY:   "I once beat a tortoise. But I've never beaten a hare. Next time I will give the hare a stick. Let's see what old big ears makes of that."

As the only TRUE Christian upon this Religion Forum because I follow ALL of Jesus' inspired words within the Bible, I used to beat my children with a rod because  they got out of line with Christian principles, and it was okay to do so under the instruction of Jesus as God in the following passages, praise!

"Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou BEATEST him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt BEAT HIM with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell." (Proverbs.23:13-14)

"Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him." (Proverbs.22:15) 

It is truly hard in being a TRUE Christian in today's morals and laws of the United States. But, like Peter said:  "But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men." (Acts 5:29)

Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
As the only TRUE Christian upon this Religion Forum because I follow ALL of Jesus' inspired words within the Bible
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God;" - Romans 3:23

"Both we and our ancestors have sinned; we have done wrong and have acted wickedly." - Psalm 106:6

I am attending to your earlier post as well. 
Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Since you do not do Official Debates, I will accommodate to you. 

In Matthew 15:1-4 where Jesus says, "Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, is to be put to death," is referring to Exodus 21:15. This was a part of a set of laws that God gave to Moses in addition to The Ten Commandments to maintain order and law within the nomadic Israelite group in the desert. 

You call this specific rule an act of murder. The Ten Commandments show murder to be wrong. That law in Matthew does say, "To be put to death," but is the death penalty unlawful?
Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Stephen
@b9_ntt
DEBATE UPDATE 

I have decided to have a debate with b9 first on his requested topic concerning the Genealogies of Jesus. Stephen will most likely be next. 

Realize that I am going on a week-long High School trip for the Seniors all of next week. As I'll be busy, debating won't start until around next Saturday 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Skipper_Sr

I have decided to have a debate with b9 first on his requested topic concerning the Genealogies of Jesus. Stephen will most likely be next. 

You must have missed this.

"If you'd like to discuss this with me I would be happy to discuss the "specifics" here in the open where it may encourage other members to read for themselves if not take part. I think this is better than hiding any discussion from members by holding  a private conversation on the matter behind their backs.
That is the idea of a forum". 

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Skipper_Sr

Skipper_Sr,

YOUR QUOTE PERTAINING TO THE INTERJECTION, "DUH":  "In Matthew 15:1-4 where Jesus says, "Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, is to be put to death," is referring to Exodus 21:15. This was a part of a set of laws that God gave to Moses in addition to The Ten Commandments to maintain order and law within the nomadic Israelite group in the desert. "

Uh, your quote above is a given and showing that our Jesus promoted the murdering of offspring that curse their parents, praise!   Is Jesus sinning when this act of His is going directly against His sixth Commandment?   SIN: an offense against religious or moral law.

YOUR QUOTE IN TANGLING YOURSELF UP WITH JESUS PROMOTING MURDER, AND THE SIXTH COMMANDMENT: " You call this specific rule an act of murder. The Ten Commandments show murder to be wrong. That law in Matthew does say, "To be put to death," but is the death penalty unlawful?"

You said "is the death penalty unlawful," where you should have said, is the death penalty wrong to Christians!  YES, what don't you understand about the sixth Commandment?  "Thou shalt not murder" (Genesis 20:13).

Therefore, explain to the membership that Jesus AS GOD (2 Peter 1:1) blatantly contradicted His "inspired words" (1 Thessalonians 2:13) when He went against the sixth commandment of thou shalt not murder, when He promoted the murdering of offspring that cursed their parents.

BEGIN:

Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Stephen
I did not realize that you wanted to have the "debate" in the forum like BrotherD.Thomas. I am open to that. I am not going to juggle between multiple Bible topics at once, so do not be surprised with a later response or argument. Though, this is a forum, and I don't have to make a full-scale argument. Good because I'll be more likely to get around to it then.

I do not know your or Thomas' intentions for interacting with me, but I am glad for participation. I always enjoy conversation with opposing views
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr wrote:      I do not know your or Thomas' intentions for interacting with me,#1

Eh!? Not intending to turn this into and argument,   but it was you set out to "trap"    members into interacting with you with the misleading offer of "debate".

Or have you forgotten your own OP, which includes the very misleading words ;

Skipper_Sr wrote:        my debates from here on out will be about the Bible or similar content. I created a forum because like the title says, this will be a series of mine with no signs of stopping. [................]  Reasons could be: a specific topic for debate, debate alterations, or the like. #1
And although your title actually states - misleadingly again - " I created a forum because like the title says,.... A Series of Biblical Debates, you then immediately tell us:

Skipper_Sr  wrote:        I am not into debates in which the title is in itself a trap. #1

And press your intentions home with this:

Skipper_Sr wrote:       Again, if you are interested and have a specific topic, let me know.#1

Why it is that you seem to have decided to single out myself and Brother D. Thomas when there is also ;  b9_ntt , Melcharaz , SkepticalOne,  zedvictor4 , hey-yo and Deb-8-a-bull to "deabte" or "interact" with seems just as interesting to me.

Do you have a reason for separating myself and the Brother from the 8 members that have "interacting" with you so far?

I have simply offered to "interact" with you "specifically" on this biblical matter;

Stephen wrote: How about gods failed promise  made to the mother of Jesus?#6

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Skipper_Sr

Skipper_Sr,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE RELATIVE TO ME: "I do not know your or Thomas' intentions for interacting with me,"

Uh, how about the fact that I am addressing you when in your initial post you stated: "Again, if you are interested and have a specific topic, let me know."

Therefore, I "let you know" of specific topics as shown in the two links below, but, you are still RUNNING AWAY from them in front of the membership!  What is the reason for your ungodly act in doing this? This is a discussion forum, NOT a runaway from discussion forum, do you understand?

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIKE "SKIPPER_SR" THAT WANTS CHRISTIAN TOPICS TO DISCUSS, BUT WHEN SAID TOPICS ARE PRESENTED TO HIM, HE RUNS AWAY FROM THEM AND HIDES, WILL BE ... ? 

Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
You mistake my silence for "running away."

1. I told you and everyone else who reads the forum that I am busy this upcoming week. My trip has already begun. 

2. As such, I have more important priorities such as school work to complete. DART is secondary. I only have time to check my messages and create superficial comments like this. 

Have patience, man
Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Stephen
Why it is that you seem to have decided to single out myself and Brother D. Thomas when there is also ;  b9_ntt , Melcharaz , SkepticalOne,  zedvictor4 , hey-yo and Deb-8-a-bull to "deabte" or "interact" with seems just as interesting to me.
You and Thomas are the only ones thus far that have wanted a discussion about Biblical topics within the forum. SkepticalOne and b9_ are interested in legit debate. I mentioned you both as the two to continue conversation within this forum

Stephen wrote: How about gods failed promise  made to the mother of Jesus?
Sure
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Skipper_Sr
Do you prefer me to start a new thread so we can discuss it?