Is BrotherDThomas really a Christian?

Author: Dynasty

Total: 105
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
 And I don't know that God makes anyone think a certain way, there's a lot of nonsense in spiritual texts, in other words they can have errors.

Yay! Common ground! Couldn't agree more!!! 

Coming back to earth is always an option. In other words why would you go to a heaven you believe is all nonsense?
I am relieved. I don't want to go to a Christian heaven, it sounds stupid. 

f it's not good people go here and bad people go there what should it be? you mock here....
"This is not a Christian classification of hell. Criminals and those who commit atrocities are as welcome in Heaven as your pastor would be, provided they meet the criteria that they accept Jesus before they die. See, if you start your morning by masturbating, don't repent immediately, walk out of your apartment and get hit in the head by a falling AC unit, you go to hell. If on the other hand you are a concentration camp guard who learns he's got cancer and is dying in the hospital, you repent moments before death, you get to go to that party in the sky!
"
I'm sorry bud, but that's not mockery. That's what they teach: the most important thing is accepting Jesus. Anything you did before that, clean slate once you accept him. If you time it right, you can jack off all you want (this is a sin in every version of Christianity, it's like the one thing they agree on) so long as you get it out of your system before you (a) accept Jesus and (b) do it before you die, even like seconds before. It's not good people and bad people, that's what humans like PGA WANT it to be, that'd make the argument a lot easier. It's literally accepts Jesus ONLY. It's the whole point of the story. Good or bad, if you're on Jesus's list, you get in to the club. Good or bad, if you're not, sorry, enjoy roasting for eternity. I'm not mocking it. I'm laying it out. 

If you want to go to advanced place in creation you have to work on your spiritual progression
L Ron Hubbard felt similarly. Was he correct?

Do you have a real problem that societies extend beyond the physical plane? if so why?

Because they haven't been demonstrated even remotely. Are you talking about a multiverse? 

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
One of the major themes that pervades The New Testament is that the letter kills, and the spirit gives life.

To abide in The Eternal Way of Truth is to abide in Christ.

God knows those who are his.

That being the case, what are we saying? The Truth is eternal. To abide in Truth is to abide in Life. The same Light of heaven is the fire of hell, just as falsehood is exposed for what it is by the light of Truth.

I
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
What would I see there?

A ton of spiritual beings (souls), beautiful landscapes, trees and plants like you've never seen. The river of life flowing from the great throne room with the most beautiful horizon you could imagine. You would eventually see Jesus, a magnificent spiritual being and the cries of little children saying "here He comes here He comes!" with such a marvelous aura of light and color you could only hit the ground and weep at the sight of it. You would see happiness, hear laughter and joy, and encounter acceptance and love like you've never witnessed or felt. 
You could literal breathe in the very love of God, the golden perfect light that fills the atmosphere to where you just never want to leave. The very atmosphere alone you could bask in for an eon without any cares or needs. You could go anywhere you like, visit great men of God and apostles, go see the wonderful variety of housing and buildings of all types. You could walk the infamous and translucent streets of pure gold, the gates embedded with all types of stones and diamonds ect ect these places like heaven are absolutely dynamite. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
You ought to take your act on the road. I feel like you're doing a Andy Kaufnman performance art routine, with how consistently you're able to pull off the "Here's something that I think sounds deep but is literally zero information at all" schtick. Is everyone in your church like this? Blathering faux-wise bromides and using capital letters? Are you currently wearing a cassock? 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
Anything you did before that, clean slate once you accept him. If you time it right, you can jack off all you want (this is a sin in every version of Christianity, it's like the one thing they agree on) so long as you get it out of your system before you (a) accept Jesus and (b) do it before you die, even like seconds before. It's not good people and bad people,

You need to read the Bible more son, especially the Gospels if you really believe this. The call on behavior in the Gospels and Epistles are second to none. 

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
@Mopac
A ton of beautiful souls, but no Christians or Jews or Muslims because I choose to chill with the regular good people atheists. Sounds pretty great, but definitely would not include Jesus, because that's not Christian heaven. Christian heaven is basically you forget who you are, you forget your family, and you sing praises of Jesus all the time for all eternity, you don't want anything at all. THAT planet sounds terrible, I think we can agree. 

I'm wondering where all the Christians who like to attack those who don't believe in anything are, because they ought to be here disagreeing with you. LIke Mopac. Mopac, you think this guy's right or wrong about the planets heaven, existing in another universe that also has planets, and hindus go to their own heaven there? 

Some balls commenting on who's a true Christian or not, as it turns out. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
you can jack off all you want

Lol I seriously doubt the Creator cares whether or not you jack off, but there is a more elevated way to carry oneself and this includes the mind and emotions. It's more about learning the difference between carnality and the spiritual aspect of yourself. But why would God care about a little energetic discharge or release that God created in the first place? I mean there are other angles, I doubt if you are married your wife would want you jacking off to some other chick lol, I mean come on. You need to get more familiar with God on an individual level and stop with all this he said she said stuff. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
Again, this is what is taught by Christianity, not me. I don't know why anything that could create a universe would give a healthy sh1t about what one guy's doing with his junk, but the bible's all about it, quit jacking off, don't sleep with men, be a virgin till your married. You're the only 'christian' saying it doesn't matter. This seems rather tasteless for someone who's called another poster a troll for not being a real christian. As far as the gospels and epistles and their take on behavior, I promise you it's contradicted in the bible and by the teachings of the various churches, and it goes well against common sense. But true christians are supposed to believe it, at peril of their eternal soul. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
A ton of beautiful souls, but no Christians or Jews or Muslims because I choose to chill with the regular good people atheists.
Wow, is that really your mentality? only atheist are good souls? that says a lot but also goes to show you why there are many areas in creation not just a heaven and a hell for only one type of person.
 Sounds pretty great, but definitely would not include Jesus, because that's not Christian heaven. Christian heaven is basically you forget who you are, you forget your family, and you sing praises of Jesus all the time for all eternity, you don't want anything at all. THAT planet sounds terrible, I think we can agree.
I don't know where you get any of that but okay. You never lose who you are or forget your earthly experiences no matter where you go. I don't know why you would hate Jesus so much he is quite an extraordinary fella, have you read the Gospels? at all ever? either way it's irrelevant because you are not forced to go anywhere you don't want to go.
I'm wondering where all the Christians who like to attack those who don't believe in anything are
They are in danger of their own actions, they don't get to inherit places of this kind of beauty if they make others feel bad about themselves.
, because they ought to be here disagreeing with you. LIke Mopac. Mopac, you think this guy's right or wrong about the planets heaven, existing in another universe that also has planets, and hindus go to their own heaven there?
Yes, good Hindus have their own heaven, you should examine their beliefs, so do Buddhists...
Again, who thinks what about this and that is irrelevant to the truth of the matter. You want to get outside that, look at things other than the faults of others and errors in books.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
Again, this is what is taught by Christianity, not me.

Every time you say that I'm going to ask for a citation from now on.

I don't know why anything that could create a universe would give a healthy sh1t about what one guy's doing with his junk, but the bible's all about it, quit jacking off, don't sleep with men, be a virgin till your married.

Being a virgin until you're married ain't a bad idea, but again these are just guidelines to achieve and to have better experiences. And some things are BS, it's just a part of an imperfect world we live in. Some things are just opinions in scripture, they may not have any real relevance to God, which is why you want to consider God directly and not necessarily through any religious dogma. However, religious texts are there to assist you, but you should already be confident in God on your own. Have your own relation and expression, after that if you feel the need to have a collective journey with others of the same belief that's your choice.

You're the only 'christian' saying it doesn't matter.

Wait a minute, make sure you stick with what I actually say. I did say I doubt the Creator would care about you jacking off, but there is a call to a higher level of living and thinking. You just make sure its not something that controls you, to where it is unhealthy or an obsession.

This seems rather tasteless for someone who's called another poster a troll for not being a real christian. As far as the gospels and epistles and their take on behavior, I promise you it's contradicted in the bible and by the teachings of the various churches, and it goes well against common sense. But true christians are supposed to believe it, at peril of their eternal soul.

Well you should read the NT and the Epistles for yourself and not worry about what others think. You come into this world alone and you leave it alone, brush it off and just consider some things.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@EtrnlVw
Every time you say that I'm going to ask for a citation from now on.

Why don't you google prohibtion of masturbation in christianity and then give me the link that says "God doesn't care." BEcause I just googled it and it's literally pages and pages of "DO NOT TOUCH THAT WIENER."
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
I meant a citation in scripture so we can discuss what it's saying, not what other people believe. 
And I said earlier, the focus is more learning the distinction between carnal cravings and more elevated ways of thinking. I mean why must you always fall back on what someone else said? I'm sayin, if there's any problem with jerking off it's not really that in an of itself. It's the control carnality can take on the individual. So, besides just masturbation the same premise extends to all other areas. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
You ought to take your act on the road. I feel like you're doing a Andy Kaufnman performance art routine, with how consistently you're able to pull off the "Here's something that I think sounds deep but is literally zero information at all" schtick. Is everyone in your church like this? Blathering faux-wise bromides and using capital letters? Are you currently wearing a cassock?

What we believe is really simple. Really simple and consistent. To really understand, you have to put the faith into practice. Living it reveals it.

I will probably be wearing a cassock during lent. If I don't come back here, you'll know why.

A ton of beautiful souls, but no Christians or Jews or Muslims because I choose to chill with the regular good people atheists. Sounds pretty great, but definitely would not include Jesus, because that's not Christian heaven. Christian heaven is basically you forget who you are, you forget your family, and you sing praises of Jesus all the time for all eternity, you don't want anything at all. THAT planet sounds terrible, I think we can agree.

I'm wondering where all the Christians who like to attack those who don't believe in anything are, because they ought to be here disagreeing with you. LIke Mopac. Mopac, you think this guy's right or wrong about the planets heaven, existing in another universe that also has planets, and hindus go to their own heaven there?

That isn't what we believe.

EtrnlVw obviously doesn't represent the orthodox position. I don't believe it is necessary to point that out. EtrnlVw and I already know we don't agree on everything, and that doesn't bother me personally.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
EtrnlVw and I already know we don't agree on everything, and that doesn't bother me personally.

Which one of you is the true Christian, though? 
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Mopac
I'd rather get on the ark than risk riding out the flood on driftwood personally.
That doesn't really answer my question.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x

Mopac and many others will be shocked if they ever squeak into the Christian Heaven, the variety of people, garments, colors of all types and cultures of all kinds who are in love with Jesus and abide in those teachings will set any snot nosed religious attitudes back a few notches. They won't be all Catholic lol, they won't all be carrying golden crosses and sprinkling holy water on each other walking around pompously judging other believers...there will be a wide spread array of all kinds of folks from all walks of life. The first thing they will probably notice is that the quality of these people go well beyond just what religious organization they happened to follow on Earth.
Religious beliefs and organizations don't make "true" Christians, it is the quality of heart and love of God. The willingness to sacrifice all aspects of themselves just to have a little bit more God within them and in their life. 

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Dynasty
@SirAnonymous
That's either the same guy or a rather clever troll imitating him to troll people here.
Nah, its the same guy. I've known him for years on DDO. His schtick is to be outrageous, but to keep people interested, he has to get more and more outrageous. Eventually, he exhausts his site, and then changes his name and starts again elsewhere.

He's not a Christian, but it doesn't matter, Jesus will judge him just like He will everyone else. None of us will fool Him.

We may be dealing with some mental issues there too.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@EtrnlVw
Mopac and many others will be shocked if they ever squeak into the Christian Heaven, the variety of people, garments, colors of all types and cultures of all kinds who are in love with Jesus and abide in those teachings will set any snot nosed religious attitudes back a few notches. They won't be all Catholic lol, they won't all be carrying golden crosses and sprinkling holy water on each other walking around pompously judging other believers...there will be a wide spread array of all kinds of folks from all walks of life. The first thing they will probably notice is that the quality of these people go well beyond just what religious organization they happened to follow on Earth.
Religious beliefs and organizations don't make "true" Christians, it is the quality of heart and love of God. The willingness to sacrifice all aspects of themselves just to have a little bit more God within them and in their life. 

I think you are the one who would be surprised to find that what I believe doesn't in anyway resemble your caricature of it.

I have for years told Christians that they might be surprised at who they might find in heaven.

The fact of the matter is, you don't really understand us. It does however look as though you have already judged us.

We agree that it is the heart that makes an orthodox Christian, because the Orthodox Church is not an institution with sacraments, but a sacrement with institutions.

What can we claim? That we preserve the true apostolic faith in its complete form. 

You judge based on appearances.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@SirAnonymous
Those who did not find the church in this life may be united to it in the afterlife. God knows the hearts of all men.

Does that better answer your question?

The good Samaritan belonged to the wrong church, so to speak, but Jesus points to him as an example of righteousness.

What we believe is a great deal more nuanced than, "If you don't go to the right churcj, you going to hell".

That said, because heresy is so prevalent in protestant churches, it is much better to learn the faith from the historical church. It is a living church with unbroken continuity.

It is my belief that the true fulfillment of the reformation in the west is reunion with the church Rome broke away from.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x

ErrnlVW doesn't identify as a Christian. He seems pretty new age to me personally.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Mopac
Yes, although a simple yes or no would have sufficed.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@SirAnonymous
Simple answers often obscure important nuances.

The important thing to catch here is that God knows the hearts of all men. If someone does not know the name of Jesus, but forsakes idolatry and walks in The Way of Truth, they may be in Christ without knowing it.

Likewise, there are even those who deny God in ignorance who may be closer to God than those who confess Him with their lips.

It is always a heart issue.

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Obvious parody is obvious.

Not all parody is trolling.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Yeah, see, somehow The atheists who tried to wipe out our church in The Soviet Union, killing DOZENS OF MILLIONS makes it not so funny.

There are real consequences to promoting ignorance. Alienating us only serves to make it more socially acceptable to treat us unjustly.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
You're right I am guilty of genocide, yes. I have personally murdered thousands of people and helped in the murder of hundreds of thousands more. It grieves my soul and makes it impossible for me to look at myself in the mirror. May god have mercy on my soul.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Don't be an idiot.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
Yes, you are right. I was an idiot. It was so idiotic of me to think that my actions would not have consequences. Now they are all dead by my hand. Can I ever be forgiven?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
It's not funny.

And no is blaming you for anything.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
I can't bear the feeling of being blameless in your merciful eyes while in my own eyes it is clear exactly where the blame for all those lives that were ended truly belong.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
True repentance involves a change in direction.

Go in peace, and sin no more.