TheRealNihilist
-->
@HistoryBuff
for what purpose exactly? 

We could go with:
"freedom from disturbance; tranquility."

or
"a state or period in which there is no war or a war has ended."
Why add the purpose now since you didn't say it earlier?

What is your purpose in this conversation as well specifically about the conflict? 

You can also pick the peace definition as well.

HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Why add the purpose now since you didn't say it earlier?
I don't understand why you are focusing on the word peace. Trump is saying he has released a peace plan. But since the Palestinians are obviously not even going to talk to them about this, it clearly is not. 

Why would a discussion about the definition of the word peace be relevant?
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@HistoryBuff
I don't understand why you are focusing on the word peace.
Isn't is call the peace plan and isn't that what Trump wants?
Trump is saying he has released a peace plan. But since the Palestinians are obviously not even going to talk to them about this, it clearly is not. 
Can their be peace without Palestine accepting it?
Why would a discussion about the definition of the word peace be relevant?
Isn't it call the peace plan? 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Isn't is call the peace plan and isn't that what Trump wants?
I'm not sure what this means. 

no. 

Isn't it call the peace plan? 
Yes, but since one side isn't even going to discuss it, they can call it whatever they want. It is dead on arrival. And since the plan is so blatantly pro Israel, there was no other possible reaction this plan could have gotten. It is just a political stunt. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@HistoryBuff
no. 
Why?
Yes, but since one side isn't even going to discuss it
Does peace require both sides to agree? 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheRealNihilist
no. 
Why?
If 2 groups are fighting and one side is continuing to fight, then that isn't peace. You cannot unilaterally impose peace on people. Especially america trying to impose peace on the middle east by taking Israel's side on every issue. 

Does peace require both sides to agree? 
yes. If one side is continuing to fight, in what way is it peace?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@HistoryBuff
If 2 groups are fighting and one side is continuing to fight, then that isn't peace. You cannot unilaterally impose peace on people. Especially america trying to impose peace on the middle east by taking Israel's side on every issue.
If Israel wanted to they can genocide Palestine right? That means only 1 part is left therefore will be at "peace". correct? Do you agree that will create peace in Israel and Palestine area?
yes. If one side is continuing to fight, in what way is it peace?
Do you agree if Israel really wanted "peace" they would've done so already or another way of saying this, if there was a war between Palestine and Israel who would win? 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
The Trump plan declared "support" for an independent, sovereign State of Palestine with a capital on the outskirts of East Jerusalem. The plan would involve the creation of a Palestinian state with a capital in East Jerusalem, dependent on Palestinians taking steps to become self-governing.

Silly goose.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
It's so funny the naysayer logic from the Orangemanbad crowd.

Palestine doesn't care about Oranges.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
The Trump plan declared "support" for an independent, sovereign State of Palestine with a capital on the outskirts of East Jerusalem. The plan would involve the creation of a Palestinian state with a capital in East Jerusalem, dependent on Palestinians taking steps to become self-governing.
Silly goose.
you clearly didn't read very much about the deal. It makes it illegal for the palestinians to have a military and they would be perminently occupied by an "international force". The plan would make the palestinians a country in name only. They would occupied and subservient to others. 

It's so funny the naysayer logic from the Orangemanbad crowd.

Palestine doesn't care about Oranges.
I don't even think this abysmal plan is trump's fault, at least not directly. He put people in charge of it who obviously want to solely back Israel. I don't think trump had any part of writing this train wreck. But he did appoint the idiots who did. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheRealNihilist
If Israel wanted to they can genocide Palestine right? That means only 1 part is left therefore will be at "peace". correct? Do you agree that will create peace in Israel and Palestine area?
If only 1 side remains in a conflict, then yes that would bring about peace. But unless i missed something, no one is contemplating genocide. And short of that, there will always be Palestinians continuing the fight, unless they agree to a peace deal. 

Do you agree if Israel really wanted "peace" they would've done so already or another way of saying this, if there was a war between Palestine and Israel who would win? 
You kind of hit on my point. Israel doesn't want peace. They want to occupy as much of Palestine as they can. If they agreed to a peace deal and put down lines, then they would have to give back alot of the land they have stolen and stop stealing more. So instead they drag the process out as long as possible while putting more and more illegal settlements in place. They can gain much more by refusing to make a deal than they ever could by actually agreeing to something. 

But since trump and his team are willing to back literally everything on Israel's wish list for screwing over the palestinians, Israel is signing onto the plan. But i'm guessing they are well aware that the palestinians would never consider this plan, so again, it is a political stunt. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@HistoryBuff
You kind of hit on my point. Israel doesn't want peace. They want to occupy as much of Palestine as they can.
Because of the Religious backing towards it with similar to the Palestinians?
If they agreed to a peace deal and put down lines, then they would have to give back alot of the land they have stolen and stop stealing more.
Why does stealing matter when there isn't a unification on the law on either side? 
But since trump and his team are willing to back literally everything on Israel's wish list for screwing over the palestinians, Israel is signing onto the plan.
Do you understand that Israel is helpful to the US which is why they are support them? Can you make an argument that isn't moral? 
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
The U.S. has been using military violence in an attempt to end supposed nonsense for decades now and got nowhere.
No sir. Untrue. Every time sensible Americans have tried to use military force, the bleeding heart moron liberals start crying that people shouldn't die in wars.

You cripple our military and then cry that they aren't effective.

The only real diplomatic solution to the problem would be if the Israelis were to remove themselves form the region.
Lol. Right, there are many burglars who think the same way about my house.

As I have suggested before an area of the Southern U.S. would do just fine for them.

Do you own the Southern US? And why should Israel move away from their land and be closer to you? Especially with the ..."issues" you have with ....semitic people?

Especially as you are all such great pals.
My pals all have land. Jordan would be nice for the Palestinians though, that is where they're from anyway.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Because of the Religious backing towards it with similar to the Palestinians?
Sorry, i'm not really sure what you mean. The main reasons they don't want peace are political. 

Why does stealing matter when there isn't a unification on the law on either side? 
They are occupying and settling land they do not own. That is theft. Most of the world acknowledges those settlements are illegal. 

Do you understand that Israel is helpful to the US which is why they are support them?
That's the same argument the US used to back dictators and despots all over the world. And just as in those cases, taking israel's side on every issue is only prolonging conflict and killing people. 

Can you make an argument that isn't moral? 
Supporting Israel's continuing the abuse of innocent people and outright theft because it is politically expedient? I don't see how that could be moral at all. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@HistoryBuff
The main reasons they don't want peace are political. 
Political because of either sides supposed past grievances which is covered with Religion? 

They are occupying and settling land they do not own. That is theft. Most of the world acknowledges those settlements are illegal. 
Most of the world doesn't matter if they are not the people apart of the ordeal. Are they working under the same laws or not? Does Israel consider it theft?
That's the same argument the US used to back dictators and despots all over the world. And just as in those cases, taking israel's side on every issue is only prolonging conflict and killing people. 
I never asked this do you see how the US are more helped supporting Israel than Palestine? 
Supporting Israel's continuing the abuse of innocent people and outright theft because it is politically expedient? I don't see how that could be moral at all. 
I said make an argument that isn't based on morality instead money, control or some other metric. Can you? 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
The only real diplomatic solution to the problem would be if the Israelis were to remove themselves from the region.

Wonder what a Jewish reservation would look like lol.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
You know what? This is a fantastic idea. Let's give Kansas to Israel and ship over most of the religious relics from Jerusalem.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Political because of either sides supposed past grievances which is covered with Religion? 
There are certainly religious aspects to it. Access to religious holy sites for example. But I would argue it is much more about politics, land and power than religion. 

Most of the world doesn't matter if they are not the people apart of the ordeal. Are they working under the same laws or not? Does Israel consider it theft?
lol is that a joke? Just because a thief doesn't consider it theft, doesn't mean it isn't theft. Of course Israel doesn't consider it theft. Almost everyone else disagrees. 

I never asked this do you see how the US are more helped supporting Israel than Palestine? 
No, not really. If the region were peaceful and not wracked by conflict america would benefit. Backing one side over the other and then pretending to be neutral only undermines american interests. 

I said make an argument that isn't based on morality instead money, control or some other metric. Can you? 
America spends huge sums of money propping up israel. They have spent decades pissing off arab powers in the region. This has created tensions, death and destruction for decades. This is not good for america or anyone else. Peace is good for business. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@HistoryBuff
There are certainly religious aspects to it. Access to religious holy sites for example. But I would argue it is much more about politics, land and power than religion. 
So if I asked a Palestinian or Israeli: What do you care about more, a political party or a Religion. What do you think they would say? 
lol is that a joke? Just because a thief doesn't consider it theft, doesn't mean it isn't theft. Of course Israel doesn't consider it theft. Almost everyone else disagrees. 
They don't accept the same standards. Where is this court that is above both Israel and Palestine? 
No, not really. If the region were peaceful and not wracked by conflict america would benefit. Backing one side over the other and then pretending to be neutral only undermines american interests. 
How would America benefit from peace?
America spends huge sums of money propping up israel. They have spent decades pissing off arab powers in the region. This has created tensions, death and destruction for decades. This is not good for america or anyone else. Peace is good for business.
You do understand the huge sums of money is being sent because the US is getting something out of it right?

I already asked the peace question above.  
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheRealNihilist
So if I asked a Palestinian or Israeli: What do you care about more, a political party or a Religion. What do you think they would say? 
that is a loaded question. If you asked a republican what is more important, religion or policy, alot of them are going to say religion. But then if you looked at their record that would not be the case. 

They don't accept the same standards. Where is this court that is above both Israel and Palestine? 
again, so just because there isn't a court that can try them for their theft, that means it isn't theft? That is a pretty terrible argument. 

How would America benefit from peace?
They wouldn't have to send massive amount of aid to the Israelis or the Palestinians. They would get enhanced trade opportunities. Less conflict would likely lead to less attack on american troops and their allies in the region. There are countless ways america would benefit from peace. 

You do understand the huge sums of money is being sent because the US is getting something out of it right?
What exactly do you think america is getting out of it?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
They wouldn't have to send massive amount of aid to the Israelis or the Palestinians. 

This statement sounds like a John Boltonism.

America shouldn't be obligated to do jackshit.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
This statement sounds like a John Boltonism.

America shouldn't be obligated to do jackshit.
Well i mean that is sort of my point. If Israel can agree to peace terms, then america wouldn't have to prop them up any more. But without looking like a dick and abandoning an ally. 

That's why trump, instead of relentlessly sucking up to the criminal netanyahu, should instead be using that aid as leverage to get them to actually negotiate. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Again with the shouldism's

Let Boltonism die off already.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Again with the shouldism's

Let Boltonism die off already.

Isn't bolton a war mongering Neo-Con? I'm sure he would love to funnel weapons and money to Israel and then attack Iran. 

My point is the exact opposite. 
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
The peace plan is a joke, it's heavily biased in favor of Israel. The Israelis get almost everything they want. It's simply Israel with a few cramped Palestinian reserves. Tell me, were any Palestinians involved in drafting the peace plan? I doubt it.

Israeli settlers have aboslutely NO right to Palestinian land. The only reasonable solution at this point is the 1947 borders initially proposed by the UN. Israeli settlers need to pack and leave back to Israel.

It's real funny and at the same time, sad, how much Palestinians are dehumanized by Zionist propaganda.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@HistoryBuff
 With what money?
They are a large country with a big population. The US has been trying to destroy Iran for decades. They have been applying "maximum pressure" for a long time. It didn't work and it isn't going to. 

Hadn't you been watching the protests and riots in Iran  before Soleimani was killed? And have you not seen how happy they were when the news of his death broke?  Iran is practically on its knees , you obviously just don't know it.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Stephen
Hadn't you been watching the protests and riots in Iran  before Soleimani was killed? And have you not seen how happy they were when the news of his death broke?  Iran is practically on its knees , you obviously just don't know it.
There were massive protests about soleimani's murder. Did you not see those?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
There were massive protests about soleimani's murder. Did you not see those?

It's really hard to find Iranian coverage of that since the media is suppressed along with the protesters.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@HistoryBuff
that is a loaded question. If you asked a republican what is more important, religion or policy, alot of them are going to say religion. But then if you looked at their record that would not be the case. 
A bad Christian is still a Christian.
again, so just because there isn't a court that can try them for their theft, that means it isn't theft? That is a pretty terrible argument. 
There is an implied agreement when someone is being charged with theft. They are making their case as an American towards the law which is sentenced by the judge. The problem with Israel and Palestine I don't think they agree on laws cross country lines so it isn't theft. Palestine consider what they did theft but have no way to bring them to justice. Israel consider what the Palestine are doing as theft but have ways to bring them to justice but don't.
They wouldn't have to send massive amount of aid to the Israelis or the Palestinians. They would get enhanced trade opportunities. Less conflict would likely lead to less attack on american troops and their allies in the region. There are countless ways america would benefit from peace.
Do you know the benefits of conflict?
What exactly do you think america is getting out of it?
If you say there are no benefits then I'll say stuff. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheRealNihilist
A bad Christian is still a Christian.
Are they though? If you call a country a democracy, but it is a dictatorship, should we accept that it's a democracy? In my opinion no. If they don't have free democratic elections, then you aren't a democracy. If you don't actually follow the teachings of jesus, then you aren't actually a christian. You can call yourself that all you want, but if you think poor people deserve to die, then you definitely aren't a christian. 

The problem with Israel and Palestine I don't think they agree on laws cross country lines so it isn't theft.
again, so what? The thief says that they aren't stealing. the rest of society agrees that it is. Israel says they haven't stolen the land, most of the rest of the world agrees that they did. Who cares if what Israel calls it?

Do you know the benefits of conflict?
Military contractor companies love conflict. But to society and the american people, little to nothing. 

If you say there are no benefits then I'll say stuff. 
some people reap tons of benefits. The companies that make the weapons the US gives to Israel make a killing. Lobbyists spend a fortune wining and dining politicians. Politicians get a big "friend of Israel" badge they can use to campaign with. But the american people get stuck funding death and destruction. Some of them end up dying in the inevitable backlash against america.