-->
@drafterman
I proved it's not true
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
yes some people perceive it to exist, some people think ghosts exist as well hahaha
in our society we are taught everyone is equal etc, not all individuals act that way though, so from my perspective it's an issue with the individual rather than society.
our society says one thing however people can still act as they chose.
Yeah, and male privilege is referring to the "how people act" part not "what society says" part. I think that's the disconnect  here.

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
You didn't, because nothing you posted has anything to do with male privilege. Again, male privilege doesn't mean "nothing bad ever happens to men."
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@drafterman
I never claime dthat
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@DynamicSquid
https://www.chesterstandard.co.uk/news/18142601.10-signs-coercive-control-within-relationship/
In the UK it is illegal to....
2. Restricting access to finances Even if they earn more money than you, the law says your partner cannot stop you from accessing cash within the relationship.
A woman has a right to your money. A FUCKING RIGHT
3. Putting you down Persistent name-calling, mocking and other forms of insulting behaviour are now illegal. 5. Scaring you Your partner might not physically assault you, but if they are doing enough to frighten you, they are committing an offence. That could include using their size to intimidate or breaking things around the house. 8. Being extremely jealous Persistent accusation of cheating and “extreme jealousy, including possessiveness and ridiculous accusations of cheating” all come under the new legislation.
A woman can basically get you arrested if she is just mad at you. These rules are so subjective that you basically have to pray the woman is never going to be a bitch
9. Forcing you to obey their rules The CPS says if a partner is forced to abide by stringent rules set by a partner, it could mean they are committing a crime.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
But all you did was posted bad things happening to men.

If bad things happening to men doesn't disprove male privilege and that's all you posted, then nothing you posted disproves male privilege.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@DynamicSquid
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@drafterman
bad things happenin to men, i proved men are discrimated against
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Which doesnt disprove male privilege.
drafterman
drafterman
Again, this idea that "male privilege" means that all men everywhere always have benefits no one else ever has and never experience anything negative is a straw man argument.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@drafterman
what male privledge?

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
If you don't know what we're talking about, what exactly do you think you disproved?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@drafterman
stop
Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
-->
@DynamicSquid
Can't really say because I'm not a female, it'd be hard for me to put myself in that situation. 

A lot of that sort of stuff is just hard to speculate on for me

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
You let me know when you figure it out, then.
Until then, just remember that nothing you posted has anything to do with the topic of male privilege.

TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
perhaps it's the term then I guess because obviously not everyone would extend such a privilege and I would say some would actually do the opposite and treat them worse than a woman.
this is why I refer to this as just individual bias or a physical advantage that isn't always the case.
the term "male privilege" by its name refers to all males, I mean it's one of the 2 words.  As you know the physical training for the military was made easier so more women could do it right?  sounds like female privilege doesn't it?  special rules or changes to benefit one sex, sounds like an unearned privilege to me.
it's the tree in the woods, if no one is giving a male unearned privilege does it still exist?
it's fun to chase ghosts up to a point.

do you consider favoritism different than privilege in this context?  because I do and I think that's what people are seeing, or plain ole preference.

I guess we would agree that (assuming male privilege is a thing) it's not systemic, correct?  and that it's not a societal norm?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
the term "male privilege" by its name refers to all males, I mean it's one of the 2 words.
So to you male pattern baldness doesn’t exist because not every man suffers from it?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
eh it's called female-pattern baldness when it's in females, it effects both sexes.

if it doesn't happen to apply to all then any benefit anyone has for something is a privilege apparently, like tall people are generally preferred for basketball over short ones, height privilege clearly.
females generally pay less in auto insurance, female privilege. or is it just driving privilege?  I dunno.

people are treated in certain ways based on their attraction to them, it's just preference or bias.

having a gold membership to a club allows you certain things a lesser membership does not, those are privileges that come with the higher membership.  

I have yet to see what I can do or how I would be treated better just because I'm a man.  I'm polite, kind and helpful, maybe that's why I might get treated better?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
eh it's called female-pattern baldness when it's in females, it effects both sexes.
I'm evaluating this logic that if it includes "male" in the title then it has to apply to ALL men to be valid.

So let's apply that to "male pattern baldness."

It doesn't apply to all men. Ergo you deny it exists at all. True?

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@drafterman
stop

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
The fact that the pattern is also seen in women as does privilege makes both terms meaningless really. 
I often find terms like this are used as an excuse as to why they can't do something.
Maybe you could describe a Male privilege that may not apply to all males but enough and well known enough that it can be recognized. 

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Maybe you could describe a Male privilege that may not apply to all males but enough and well known enough that it can be recognized. 
My issue is that you keep adding all of these really strict requirements.

1. Has to apply to literally every man.
2. Has to apply to only men.
3. Has to be given to men by men and women.
4. Has to be well known and recognized.

I will concede that, under these very unreasonable requirements, male privilege does not exist.

But the things people are talking about when they talk about male privilege aren't bound by those requirements.

If you want an example? How about the fact that men are given more deference in conversations. They are less likely to be interrupted, more tolerated when they interrupt others. In groups, the conversation will be disproportionately men talking.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
if it doesn't only apply only to men how can it be male privilege?
how does a male give male privilege?  that doesn't make sense to me.

how can one know it's male privilege that's going on or it's just because it's that individual male?
How about the fact that men are given more deference in conversations. They are less likely to be interrupted, more tolerated when they interrupt others. In groups, the conversation will be disproportionately men talking.

sounds like a dominance thing rather than privilege

so you have to know, assume and apply motive it would seem.
drafterman
drafterman
if it doesn't only apply only to men how can it be male privilege?
If it doesn't only apply to only to men how can it be male pattern baldness?

how does a male give male privilege?  that doesn't make sense to me.
They just... Do? What's so confusing?

how can one know it's male privilege that's going on or it's just because it's that individual male?
Because we've observed more than a single male 

sounds like a dominance thing rather than privilege
What makes something "dominance" rather than "privilege"?
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@DynamicSquid
Nope but females also have unearned things as well.  

Easiest claim to make is males/females have a penis/vagina and that is unearned. I don't think this one is made that often.

A good claim is men are not attacked for being men instead things that are associated with women. Your a bitch refers to a female dog which is used to insult people. Your a pussy is another word for vagina which is a female organ. Sure there are many other things that can be used insult people but there isn't really insults that are tethered to a male like with females. We do have your a dick but I don't think anyone gets insulted by this so...

I don't know the common claim being made so guess I hope you find it from someone else. 

One other thing, unearned things can change and be completely removed. We can choose not to use things linked to a female as insults or men and women have both sex organs. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
In a society, there should be no privilege at all, but equal privilege for everyone. Modern society is so easy to jump to blame on men for all of the short comings in society, and now when allegations are thrown, cancelled culture shines its ugly head as people believe without proof, and when the story is revealed, the damage is already. Amber Heard is a great example of Women Privilege in Hollywood. She falsely accused Johnny Depp of harassment when in turn it was her doing the harassing, and she only got away because she was a pretty face speaking up for a trending cause.

There should be no privilege and every case should be treated equal, not women being believe instantaneously because they are doing the trendy #MeToo thing. It's saddening. 

I am not denying there isn't male privilege, but there's sure as hell is women privilege 

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Also screw Amber Heard
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Barney
The 2018 men’s World Cup’s global audience was massive: 3.572 billion including out-of-home and streaming viewers.

The 2019 Women’s World Cup global audience exceeded 1 billion, FIFA estimates.
It is incredibly difficult to determine how much each makes because some rights to broadcast for men's soccer are bundled with rights to broadcast women's soccer as well. Not even FIFA knows how much each respective sport generates in revenue.

These estimates do show that men attract over 3x the viewership, at least for the World Cup. This shouldn't be surprising because the men's competition is much more intense. In fact, a 15 and under squad of boys beat the women's national team in 2017.

I think that the only logical position to take on this matter is that, in some ways, men are privileged, and in some ways women are privileged. No one group has everything better. Men get screwed on custody and alimony. They also are pressured to pay for dates among, have historically been expected to be providers, etc. Men are privileged in not having to deal with child birth, they are naturally stronger, etc.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
If it doesn't only apply to only to men how can it be male pattern baldness?
like most terms it's not accurate, made up etc

What makes something "dominance" rather than "privilege"?
the way I see it, someone takes control, rather than it is given to him.
when I think of something that could be male privilege, it would be in a time when women were subservient to men, there was male privilege pre equal rights.  Any woman subservient to a man does so by choice and that would be a relationship things most likely.

opening doors for women was a way to show respect, manners, etc,  not a privilege, men and women are different no matter all the b.s. the leftist try to spin, doesn't mean those differences are privilege.