Author: Salixes

Read-only
Total: 169
Seth
Debates: 0
Seth
-->
@ludofl3x

If god makes someone like Adam or you knowing you'd do evil, you do not have free will at all. It's as simple as that. If you choose to repent or not doesn't surprise god. He can't be mad if he can't be surprised, and he can't be surprised because he knew what you'd do the second he made you, and he knows if you'll be sorry about it or not.
More importantly this god knows that you are either in heaven or hell, you can't prove his knowledge false.

PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@Seth
When you start with God you find answers that make sense.
I think it more likely that you invent answers that pacify you.

Try starting with unintentional, blind, irrational chance happenstance and make sense of anything. 

When you start with God you have contingent beings coming from a necessary Being, life coming from the living, consciousness coming from a necessary conscious Being, information that is contained in DNA coming from a mindful being, etc., etc.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@PGA2.0
Your answer doesn't contradict his characterization: you are more comfortable starting with a belief that appears unjustified, because it makes you feel better about an otherwise chaotic universe and the things that happen in it. You're saying "start with this" when the "this" has no justification for being included as a starting point, and it cannot be demonstrated. You can end these sorts of disagreement by simply saying "I would rather live in a universe where something has a plan, it makes me feel better." No one can argue with that. When you say this is definitely how it is, though you have to abandon the presupposition and demonstrate it, otherwise you're just stamping your feet and saying "I'm right!" 

Once again, telling him he's wrong is also not in any way supporting that you're right, either. 
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
...and now he's on Jesus's yacht full of 14 year old girls in heaven, right? 
Lol! Sometimes the atheist inadvertantly exposes his proclivities.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@ethang5
Do you not know who Jeffrey Epstein was? 

Not only completely missing the point of the post (that Epstein's version of heaven is a yacht full of 14 year olds, let me spell it out for you), but accusing someone of being a pedophile, cool move, bro. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ludofl3x
...that Epstein's version of heaven is a yacht full of 14 year olds,..
Lie. Here is what you said.

...and now he's on Jesus's yacht full of 14 year old girls in heaven
You dishonestly tried to make it Jesus's version of Heaven. Words mean things.

...but accusing someone of being a pedophile, cool move, bro. 
Nah, accusing someone's Lord and Savior of pedophilia is even cooler, ....bro.
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@ludofl3x
 How is it inconsistent that He warns you of the consequences and you understand them yet you choose to ignore them?

If god makes someone like Adam or you knowing you'd do evil, you do not have free will at all.
Did Adam have a mind to choose? Did he choose? I would argue that Adam had free will but our wills are influenced by many factors so they are not free, nevertheless, we choose. IOW's, you have a mind that is and has been influenced by sin. It is no longer a spiritual mind that has an intimate relationship with God. Thus, the Bible calls such a mind as a natural man. You do what is natural to a sinful mind, you reject God, you have animosity with God which is evident from your opposition to Him. You fight Him on every side. Thus, Jesus taught a man (person) must be born against to see or enter the kingdom of heaven.  

Even though Adam had a will to choose God knew what his choice would be for He said, 

17 but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die.”

Did God choose for Adam? No, Adam chose himself. Did God warn Adam of the consequences of his choice? Yes. Did Adam die on that day? Yes, he died spiritually to God. He no longer had that intimate relationship with God and neither do we unless we are restored to such a relationship by faith in the Second Adam - Jesus. 

It's as simple as that. If you choose to repent or not doesn't surprise god. He can't be mad if he can't be surprised, and he can't be surprised because he knew what you'd do the second he made you, and he knows if you'll be sorry about it or not.
Again, why can't He be mad? He wants what is best for humanity but human beings have a will. Sin is evil. It is wrong. How could a just and righteous God want what is wrong? (Answer: He can't)

Even though He knew and knows what each would do, He made you and gave you a will, a volition to choose. He lets you make choices. Those choices are not guided by His light and understanding when we act in our own accord since we are relative, subjective beings. With the Fall, that volition humanity was given has been influenced in a negative way, a way that does both evil and good. 

Grace is not getting what you deserve but what you do not deserve.
In this way, grace is the opposite of justice according to you. 
How can that be? Jesus willingly paid the penalty that those who believe in Him deserve(d). Thus, justice was met in Him. Will God judge us twice (double jeopardy) for the same crime? How is that just? No, He is satisfied with what the Son has done. He willingly met all the righteous standards of God on behalf of the believer. He gracefully gave Himself for us. He did not have to do that but God, in Jesus, chooses to do that because He is a God of love. 

Did he receive the same that he gave in terms of harm and hurt and evil? 
Not remotely, but he's dead. That's the end of that story. Well, unless he said really sorry, Jesus, and now he's on Jesus's yacht full of 14 year old girls in heaven, right?
You confuse and embellish Christianity with Islamic teaching or rewarding the believer with virgins. Where is the promise of 14-year-old girls on a yacht found in Christianity? 

if things just happen why do you believe tomorrow will be like today and why should things hold together as they have in the past? Can you answer that instead of talking around it? 
That's what they've always done.
If there is no intention behind the universe and no mind sustaining it then why do you believe that what was done in the past will be done in the present or future? 

We as Christians have surety in God. He has promised that as long as the earth remains springtime and harvest will remain. 

I don't spend literally any time, not one second, wondering if tomorrow will be like today. It won't, it's a totally different day. I don't get this question. Let me guess, is the answer "Jesus, ha, I made sense of a big question"?
And that is a problem of inconsistency with your worldview if you took the time to understand it. There are constants. You naturally assume that the sun will continue to shine, that the earth will continue to revolve, the tides continue with ebb and neap, the gravitational pull remains constant, the seasons continue to change, that these things will "act" or function every year of your life, but by what means? By blind indifferent chance happenstance, you believe that all these constants will remain as you have witnessed them or have knowledge of them. The sun will continue to shine, the earth continue to rotate, the tides continue to roll, the seasons continue to change from one to the other.

Change your "fittest" to "bare minimum" and you will start to understand evolution a little more.
There are some big assumptions there like we all evolve from a common ancestor. 

Hitler, again, good grief you guys love that one.
That example is one of the most widely documented examples I could give. 

Strange that someone we all agree was entirely evil, who perpetrated such heinous crimes against God's chosen people, that god made him do that... 
How did God make him? He chose to do it of his own accord. He ignored the true interpretation of God's word. He did his own thing is disobedience to what God said was good. 

And also that god didn't step in and help on his own, but needed five years worth of war and millions of lives lost to get rid of him.
Again, God has a purpose for allowing evil. It is a witness to what happens when people live lives apart from God's good counsel. Evil is a reminder to us of what happens when relative, subjective human beings live life without the guidance of God. But to some who witness it, they cry out to God for relief from such evil, realizing they themselves are also to blame and that they have also done evil. God provides a way of escape for those who truly seek Him.  

Why not just miracle his ass out of there?
Because there is a lesson to be learned. Miracles do not solve the problem of evil. The problem of evil is that human beings want to do what is not good. You can warn your child not to touch the hot stove but they make their own decision. Do they listen to their parents and get spared from being burned or do they go against their parent's best intentions? 

Or, better idea, don't make him to do that in the first place.
Then he would be a robot, a programmed machine, without the capacity to freely love.

Like look at the plans for your Hitler and say "Whoops, wait a minute, if I make this guy exactly this way, he's going to kill six million jews, plus a ton of other non jews, like CHristians! Maybe I should take another look at this design, yeesh, that was a close one!"

As I said, God has allowed evil, allowed the freedom to choose, for a purpose, that some will find Him and love Him as He loves them. In fact, the love God has for us joyfully exceeds all our limited human understanding

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@ethang5
Actually, HERE's what I said, you misquoting ignoramus:

Not remotely, but he's dead. That's the end of that story. Well, unless he said really sorry, Jesus, and now he's on Jesus's yacht full of 14 year old girls in heaven, right? 
Maybe if you kept your nose out of other people's conversations you'd have gotten that the subject of this discussion is Jeffrey EPstein as it comes from the discussion I'm having with a completely different poster, post #112. This is what PGA said. 

Finally, do you believe that Epstein got justice? Do you believe that what he dished out was equal to his punishment if there is no God? Did he receive the same that he gave in terms of harm and hurt and evil? 

Mind your business or read the whole discussion, asshole. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
You confuse and embellish Christianity with Islamic teaching or rewarding the believer with virgins. Where is the promise of 14-year-old girls on a yacht found in Christianity? 
<br>
Sigh, Epstein was into 14 year old girls.If he went to heaven, and heaven is where everyone is super happy and all dreams come true, then chances are he's on a yacht full of 14 year olds. 

The rest of your objections we can address through this question: did god know what Adam would do before he made Adam? Did God realize that adam would do what he did, and that god would subsequently get so mad that all of adam's descendents would be condemned? If god did, and then still made adam exactly the same, adam did not have any choice, only the illusion of choice. Adam could not have departed from god's will, right? Otherwise, god would have been SURPRISED. If he's surprised, then I get the part about him being mad. 

Again, God has a purpose for allowing evil. It is a witness to what happens when people live lives apart from God's good counsel. Evil is a reminder to us of what happens when relative, subjective human beings live life without the guidance of God. But to some who witness it, they cry out to God for relief from such evil, realizing they themselves are also to blame and that they have also done evil. God provides a way of escape for those who truly seek Him.  
Why then would god get so mad at the instruments he's using to fulfill his purpose that he'd burn them forever? THey're only doing what he apparently cannot do himself. 

And that is a problem of inconsistency with your worldview if you took the time to understand it. There are constants. You naturally assume that the sun will continue to shine, that the earth will continue to revolve, the tides continue with ebb and neap, the gravitational pull remains constant, the seasons continue to change, that these things will "act" or function every year of your life, but by what means? By blind indifferent chance happenstance, you believe that all these constants will remain as you have witnessed them or have knowledge of them. The sun will continue to shine, the earth continue to rotate, the tides continue to roll, the seasons continue to change from one to the other.
Yeah, exactly. Well, not really happenstance, more the laws of physics, but I know you think of those like laws someone wrote into place, rather than laws we've described (rather than proscribed). If you can show me there's a god necessary to do that, and then that it's your version, I'm glad to reconsider. Show me, though, don't say "well, start by saying you believe there's a god and then my work is half done."

How did God make [Hitler]? He chose to do it of his own accord. He ignored the true interpretation of God's word. He did his own thing is disobedience to what God said was good. 
Did god know what Hitler would do before creating Hitler? Did he create Hitler to fulfill his purpose in allowing evil? if so, then Hitler's absolutely the servant of god (the one you share with him, by the way). How is it another way? Either god didn't know what Hitler would do (free will cancels out his omniscience there) or he DID know and made him exactly as he did in order to fulfill the purpose of making people so miserable they cry out for god (which means Hitler's just doing whatever god wanted in the first place and shouldn't be punished).

In this way, grace is the opposite of justice according to you. 
How can that be? Jesus willingly paid the penalty that those who believe in Him deserve(d). Thus, justice was met in Him. 
Justice = getting what you deserve. What YOU deserve. It's not justice if I go steal a car or murder someone and you go to jail or get the death penalty over it, is it? It's justice if I do that and I get punished. Grace is getting what you DON'T deserve. They're your words, you tell me. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ludofl3x
Epstein was into 14 year old girls. If....
If? You aren't sure?

..he went to heaven, and heaven is where everyone is super happy and all dreams come true, then chances are he's on a yacht full of 14 year olds. 
You forgot to say "Jesus's yacht.

Actually, HERE's what I said, you misquoting ignoramus:
Please don't lie. I did not misquote you.

How is this not saying Jesus is a pimp of 14 year old girls Cletus?

Maybe if you kept your nose out of other people's conversations you'd have gotten that the subject of this discussion is Jeffrey EPstein as it comes from the discussion I'm having with a completely different poster, post #112. This is what PGA said. 

Finally, do you believe that Epstein got justice? Do you believe that what he dished out was equal to his punishment if there is no God? Did he receive the same that he gave in terms of harm and hurt and evil? 
Rationalize all you want Pedro, but if you think calling Jesus a pedophile is cool, I don't give one fig about whom you think I'm calling a pedophile.

Mind your business or read the whole discussion, asshole. 
I did read Ludo, and being vulgar and abusive now will not change that you insulted us.

For a guy calling Jesus a pedophile pimp, you have mighty thin skin. 

Sorry, but I call em as I see em.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@ethang5
How is this not saying Jesus is a pimp of 14 year old girls Cletus?
Unless he said really sorry, Jesus, and now he's on Jesus's yacht full of 14 year old girls...

So in this sentence, you read every "he" as Jesus? Unless Jesus said really sorry, Jesus, and now Jesus is on Jesus's yacht full of 14 year old girls, that was how you understood the sentence? If not, who then do you think the "he" is? Normally when a pronoun and a proper noun are used in the same sentence, they're not the same person, but I forget you have a crippling lack of context detection. 

Why would I say Jesus' yacht full of 14 year old girls? You said I forgot to say it. It's Epstein's yacht, because it's his version of heaven, dum dum. 

Sorry, but I call em as I see em.
Right, but that also includes you seeing them wrong and subsequently calling them wrong. Let me make myself clear again:

Jeffrey Epstien, if he sincerely repented for his sins and hadn't killed himself, would be on a yacht in heaven full of 14 year old girls. Jesus, on the other hand, is an impotent and powerless character who probably never existed and cannot in any way stop me from calling him whatever I want. Can you prove Jesus in heaven is NOT a pimp of 14 year old children? Maybe he is!
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ludofl3x
So in this sentence, you read every "he" as Jesus?
No. I read "Jesus's yacht" as a yacht owned by Jesus, and the 14 year old virgins as being supplied by Jesus for Epstein's "sorry Jesus".

...now he's on Jesus's yacht

...It's Epstein's yacht...

...it's his version of heaven, dum dum.
Yeah. I'm the dum dim ludo. At least I'm not a blatant liar.
Seth
Seth
-->
@ethang5
lol
ethang5
ethang5
And I'm funny.
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
 In the long term, nothing matters and what Hitler did is not answered for by justice.

If Hitler repented rather than killed himself, then died by a tank shell, would he be in heaven right now? The answer is yes. There are no sins, no amount of sins can pile up, that your faith says cannot be instantly forgiven. That's justice and perfect morality at work for you. To me, he's dead and I'm glad about it.
It is not cheap grace or an injustice. Jesus Christ paid for the sins of those who would believe in His human life. He agonized on the cross for those who would believe. He took the punishment and penalty that should have been the believers to bear. He lived a completely righteous life before God. If you think that anything you can do by your own merit then merits God's forgiveness you are mistaken. We would not need a Savior if we could save ourselves.  

For instance, Nation A believes abortion is wrong, except when not having one will result in the death of both the woman and unborn. Nation B believes abortion is right and permits abortion for any reason. Clearly both these positions cannot both be true since they are the antithesis of the other.
Nations don't believe anything. The people in them do, strictly, speaking. Also, these positions are not the opposite of each other as abortion is legal in both places, under different conditions. And finally, you're confusing moral with legal. Ideally, people decide what's moral and then make laws accordingly. Not Jesus.
I'm using the term for the people of a particular nation if you want to get technical. I'm speaking about the laws that have been passed by the people of those two nations. 

What are you talking about? I never mentioned which specific nations. I'm speaking of the SAME conditions. My reference was to the law of identity (A=A). If one nation of people enact laws that condone abortion on demand as good and another nation forbids abortion on demand as bad, logically how can they both be right? Can what one people call good then be the opposite for other people and abortion still be both good and bad at the same time? It is EITHER one or the other. It can't logically be both otherwise good loses its meaning.

You seem to think that moral and legal have no connection. Laws are enacted to protect human beings from harm. Abortion harms human beings. You don't pass laws to murder others. You pass laws to prevent people from getting murdered.

If a law is made that is UNJUST then how can that law be good?   

without a necessary being who has revealed the right,
This perfect moral system is the one where I do a crime, the court knows it was me, and sentences YOU to death for it. Not by mistake, they knew the whole time.
That moral system is just. It demands that justice be done. You have induced a crime that you are unable to pay the full amount. Someone comes before the judge and offers to pay the penalty that you may go free. So there is still an insurmountable price that you cannot meet but another, in His kindness and mercy, offers to pay the DEBT in full. If you refuse the offer graciously given then you will have to pay the penalty on your own for the legal requirement is that you are guilty of owning this debt. It gets paid one way or the other.

God did not make them do exactly what they did. They chose to do what they did. Their sinful preference was to do exactly the opposite of what God said to do. You are inventing, twisting, and convoluting the context.  

If god knew what they'd do when he designed them, and made them anyway, and he cannot be surprised by their actions, that means they cannot take any action god hasn't foreseen, right? How exactly is that free will then?
Because it is not God making the choice, it is what they make. Just because I know something you do is wrong does not stop you from doing it if you want to. Thus, you are still accountable for your wrong choice.

God may allow things that are wrong for a season or time (permits it for a time). He allows it for His purposes.
Then how exactly would I be the one accountable for his will, if I'm only doing what he wanted me to do? THIS IS NOT FREE WILL.
In God permitting something does not mean He condones it. It means He allows it for a season or time but eventually you will be answerable for sin. His sovereign will say that one day you will answer for anything wrong you have done. You will either answer on your own merit and pay the price or you will answer by the merit of Jesus Christ who graciously paid the price on behalf of all who will believe in Him. 

I believe the only one who had complete freedom of will, other than Jesus Christ was Adam. Adam did not have the influences we have pulling us one direction or the other. Because of original sin we all are influenced by that one sin. We still have the volition to choose but that volition is influenced by our desires and wants. You still choose. God sends His Son (the living Word), the Son sends the Spirit. You hear the message but do you really hear it because of your animosity and ill-will towards God? It is very plain for those who have ears to hear but there are lots of things that get in the way of hearing the message like the concerns of this life (i.e., the seed analogy Jesus gives). The message is simple - repent and believe. Recognize you have sinned before God. Be sorry for those sins and seek His way of forgiveness - His Son. Believe that you will have eternal life. It is not a hard message to believe. Why do you not believe then? Is it because you know better? From what I see you do not. Are there too many distractions that you can't be bothered? Do you love the world more than you care to love God? Does hearing Him mean that you will have to change and you do not want to do that because you prefer your sin? God provides the chance. He gives a new nature, a new spirit for those who will believe, a spirit that is open to Him and His leading.  

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@ludofl3x

You keep smuggling in this element of God being surprised. You also bring in this element that if God knows all things then we are not free to do our own thing, make our own choices. But God's permissive and God's sovereign will are different.
I'm not smuggling it in. I'm pointing out that unless there's a way for god to be surprised, then god is ultimately responsible for the whole problem to begin with.
The only way God is responsible for sin is that He gave us a will to choose. He does not force you to sin. He knows you will. Yet He is willing to forgive you in the way He has provided. What you do with that information is between you and God.  

You try to hand wave it with a total non sequitur (bolded). THis in no way addresses the problem you refuse to see. Take it back to the myth in the garden.
Again, your thinking is it must be a myth because you believe it is a myth. 

If god wanted people to be around basically to tell him how awesome he was all the time, and he really didn't want anyone to get punished for making him mad, there's a very easy solution: don't put the trees with the forbidden fruit in the garden, right?
God gave Adam free will to choose. He gives you and me a will to choose. God made a creature who could choose to love Him and have a relationship with Him or not. He gave that creature a choice. We suffer the consequences of that choice and live with them every day - humanity's inhumanity towards each other - but God has supplied a solution.

Once you put those there, and create Adam, it follows that god would know man would definitely eat the fruit he tells him not to eat.
So what? So He knew what they would do and He let them do it. Sin damages that relationship with God. So He shows them and us the results of such actions and supplies us a better way in His loving mercy.  What you do with that is between you and God but you are responsible for your actions and held accountable either in yourself or in Jesus Christ. If you do not like those options then you have nothing to worry about as long as you are right in your beliefs. If you think you have the capacity to know without God you do the same thing Adam did and as Satan pointed out to Eve, "Did God really say?" 

If this was such a henoius crime, god could have, in his wisdom said "Maybe I'll put that tree someplace else, or not include it at all.
He did. He placed the tree of life in a second Garden, the Garden of Gethsemane.

who his own self bare our sins in his body upon the tree, that we, having died unto sins, might live unto righteousness; by whose stripes ye were healed.

I can, after all, make this magic garden any way I want to, I can't believe I almost put a tree full of fruit that would mean, for some reason I haven't really figured out yet, that I'd have to burn this dude and his wife forever and ever and ever.
Sure you can make it as you want it but when you make it that way you are in danger of misrepresenting how it is presented. It is called eisegesis.  

Wow, I'm in a mood today!" God knew every little bit of what would happen (Not MIGHT happen, definitely would happen) and made them anyway. He's responsible for his own problem, and I feel bad for people like you who have been taught that they're garbage by default, when you should be thinking you're garbage BY DESIGN and you're not the problem. 
Yes, God knew and knows yet He was willing to create a creature with the ability to use his/her mind to choose whether or not he/she would know God. Indifference or rejection does not equate to knowing God yet you are able to go down that avenue. Unless you hear the message (His Word) and repent by the grace of that word then how can you complain on Judgement Day?

And this part about being garbage, I do not believe that. I believe that every human being should be treated with dignity and respect, in the hopes that God's word and our actions will be seen and understood. So, I do not believe you or I am garbage. 

And I feel bad for people like you too who think they have the answers yet on questioning you find that you can't make sense of life other than manufacturing meaning in what would be a meaningless universe from an atheistic perspective.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@PGA2.0
....people like you too who think they have the answers yet on questioning you find that you can't make sense of life other than manufacturing meaning in what would be a meaningless universe from an atheistic perspective.
Good point.
+1
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@PGA2.0
Just because I know something you do is wrong does not stop you from doing it if you want to. Thus, you are still accountable for your wrong choice.

If you set up, specifically, a scenario in which you know I can only make one choice, and I make that choice, how am I responsible for NOT choosing it? It's akin to a maze: I can't choose which way I get out of the maze, there's only one path to the exit. I don't choose the path, I simply follow it until I'm dead (exit). This is where you're missing my point. If Adam could NOT go against god's plan, and as you pointed out, god's supposed omniscience would dictate that this is the case (otherwise he'd be surprised), then he didn't really have a choice and god should have just created him in hell in the first place, just as he might as well eliminate earth altogether and put you in heaven or hell from the start, since he knows what you're going to choose, he knows you're going to die in either grace or sin. There is no free will in your scenario, because that would mean god isn't omniscient, or at least, had no plan, he's just watching. 

It gets paid one way or the other.

Let's stay with your legalistic view of this then: let's say I go out and commit a double murder, I'm arrested, tried and convicted in a court of law, and sentenced to death. My brother, who is single and has no children, says "Wait! Don't kill my brother, he has children, and a wife, and I don't have these obligations. Please, allow me to accept the sentence in his place." The court says "Okay." Is killing my brother MORAL? Is that justice? Don't confuse NOBLE with these terms. 

In God permitting something does not mean He condones it. It means He allows it for a season or time but eventually you will be answerable for sin. His sovereign will say that one day you will answer for anything wrong you have done. 

Please explain how the entity who, according to you,laid out an entire plan for every molecule, allows something without condoning it. Whatever it is he's allowing IS IN HIS PLAN. Again, according to you, we cannot deviate from the plan, otherwise god's surprised, but then yes, we'd be solely responsible and he could get mad about it. But as we cannot, god has to share some of the responsibility. If I stand before god, let's say, and he asks "Why did you not leave a note on that car you dinged in the parking lot at A&P in Eatontown in 1998?", why isn't my answer "That was your plan, right? And why are you asking me, you should know this stuff."

I believe the only one who had complete freedom of will, other than Jesus Christ was Adam. Adam did not have the influences we have pulling us one direction or the other. 
Did god know when he put the tree there that Adam would eat the fruit, and thereby ruin his entire plan for the universe which I don't even know what it was but apparently pissed god off so much he tossed countless descendents into eternal damnation for something they didn't do themselves (again, how's that moral?). 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
Again, your thinking is it must be a myth because you believe it is a myth. 

I'm thinking it's a myth because it doesn't comport with reality as we can observe it, and it sounds like a bunch of other myths from that time period about the creation of the universe. And every culture has one, I'm not sure why this one would be right, can you tell me? Wait, let me guess, if I start with the belief that all others are wrong and this one is right, I'll see that it's right? 

So what? So He knew what they would do and He let them do it. 
So, he knew what would happen, he put the fruit there, created the entire scenario wherein the guy eats the fruit, and created the guy with curiosity enough to eat the fruit. He didn't let him do it, he MADE him to do it. How can you not see this?

Yes, God knew and knows yet He was willing to create a creature with the ability to use his/her mind to choose whether or not he/she would know God.
At BEST, you have only the illusion of free will here. Does god know where I'll end up after I die? Did he know before he made me? If so, I don't have a choice as I can't depart from the plan. I can APPEAR to choose but if it's all part of the plan, I'm just following the steps. 

And I feel bad for people like you too who think they have the answers yet on questioning you find that you can't make sense of life other than manufacturing meaning in what would be a meaningless universe from an atheistic perspective.
Yeah, that's how it makes sense, actually. The universe doesn't care at all about us, and I get to pick if I want to make life better or worse for those around me. It's really very simple. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@PGA2.0
You don't pass laws to murder others.
The death penalty is federally legal in the US, where I live. This is a law that's been passed specifically to murder people, legally, and it has a very large contingent of self professing Christians supporting it. Apparently, we do make laws to murder others. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ludofl3x
You don't pass laws to murder others.
The death penalty is federally legal in the US, where I live. This is a law that's been passed specifically to murder people, legally, and it has a very large contingent of self professing Christians supporting it. Apparently, we do make laws to murder others. 

Actually most legal systems make a distinction between murder (prescriptively the unlawful killing of another human being) and justified homicide (the lawful killing of another human being) the real question in this case (and the issue most often disagreed upon) is what exactly constitutes a justified homicide.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@secularmerlin
Actually most legal systems make a distinction between murder (prescriptively the unlawful killing of another human being) and justified homicide (the lawful killing of another human being) the real question in this case (and the issue most often disagreed upon) is what exactly constitutes a justified homicide.

Agree, but the comparison is to abortions, which are not legally classified as murder either in the US. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ludofl3x
Murder is prescriptive not descriptive. If the act is not in opposition of any current legislation it is by definition not murder. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ludofl3x
As an example let us take a popular vegetarian sound byte (which of course will not reflect the opinions of all vegetarians) "meat is murder". This is of course not true from a legal perspective. What is really meant is the killing of animals as a food source is not justified and should be illegal. In other words meat should be considered murder which is different than saying that it is murder.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@secularmerlin
Sure, I get what you're saying, but strictly speaking, laws exist that allow us to end the lives of full grown human beings, and laws exist that allow people to choose to not give birth to another human being, which some people think is killing a person. If killing a person intentionally is immoral, the timing of that killing wouldn't matter. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ludofl3x
Then let us examine the root claim rather than the wording. The claim you are currently discussing is that abortion ought to be considered murder. This arises from including undeveloped fetuses under the prescriptive term person. Unless you are using person in a purely practical manner (to determine how many people are aboard an elevator with a limited maximum occupancy for example) what we consider a person is largely determined by our moral intuition which is of course subjective not only to the group under discussion but to the individual 
Seth
Seth
-->
@PGA2.0

Religion doesn't make sense of life, it proposes a fantasy and pathetically tries to make sense of that based on fear, fear of the existence they find themselves in.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@secularmerlin
I have no dispute with your post, and would gladly discuss it, but we're already far enough off of this topic :). 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@ludofl3x
Fair enough. 
Seth
Seth
-->
@PGA2.0
The Christian religion is reasonable and logical and I argue necessary in making sense of existence. 
And yet if you were born in Afghanistan the chances are you wouldn't believe a word of that.