Author: Salixes

Read-only
Total: 169
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@ludofl3x
Just because I know something you do is wrong does not stop you from doing it if you want to. Thus, you are still accountable for your wrong choice.

If you set up, specifically, a scenario in which you know I can only make one choice, and I make that choice, how am I responsible for NOT choosing it?
Is only one option a choice and if so, where do you find one option as a biblical choice?

There were two options presented to Adam in the Garden, God said and Satan said. Adam chose Satan's option. God did not prevent Adam from making that choice although He warned him of the consequences. God could have but He did not. That choice affected our choices. We are now biased by that choice for at that point in time humanity knew sin, they knew what it was to do wrong and they no longer had that close relationship with God. They were now left with their relative, subjective reasoning as their guide.

It's akin to a maze: I can't choose which way I get out of the maze, there's only one path to the exit. I don't choose the path, I simply follow it until I'm dead (exit). This is where you're missing my point. If Adam could NOT go against god's plan, and as you pointed out, god's supposed omniscience would dictate that this is the case (otherwise he'd be surprised), then he didn't really have a choice and god should have just created him in hell in the first place, just as he might as well eliminate earth altogether and put you in heaven or hell from the start, since he knows what you're going to choose, he knows you're going to die in either grace or sin. There is no free will in your scenario, because that would mean god isn't omniscient, or at least, had no plan, he's just watching.
Again, the analogy sucks. You present only one option. Although there is only one path by which you entered the maze, by retracing your steps you get out of the maze so there is another choice. You are aware of the steps Adam took. He chose to disobey what God said should not be done. That was his choice. The advantage for us is that there is a guidebook. You can retract the steps to the source of the problem and God has presented a solution. There are two choices, follow the way (path) of the first Adam or the Second Adam to find your solution. 

So, Adam could choose. He did choose. God knew the choice before Adam took it but God allowed Adam the free will to make that choice. God knew what He was doing in allowing that choice. The workings of history show this. God was not foiled by Adam's choice. God already had the plan from before the foundation of the universe and yet He allowed Adam the ability to make that choice by his own free will. That choice contaminated the way we think about God. You also question, just like Satan convinced Eve to do, "Did God really say...that you would surely die?" "Does God really communicate with humanity?" "Did Adam die the day he ate of the fruit?" The death that day was spiritual death, a death to that close relationship with God. You, outside of Jesus Christ, no longer have a close relationship with God. Sin prevents that. 

So, how is God's knowing what you would do preventing you from doing it? How does that hamper your choice? How is preparing a plan beforehand to help you (if you believe it) preventing you from making a choice? The problem is sin keeps us from God. What did Adam and Eve do? They hid from God when God sort them. Humanity also hides from God. They make up excuses to avoid Him because they know their sin is wrong and they do not want to seek the solution because they desire the temporary things of this world to God. But God's grace, through His word and Spirit calls out to us as it called out to them in the Garden. Some who are tired of their bondage hear His voice and respond. Others double down and resist even more.   

ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@PGA2.0
You keep ignoring that god knew that all of that, exactly, would happen, according to a blueprint you think he laid out. There isn't any choice as a result. You're not approaching this in an honest way at all, you want to have your cake (omniscient god who knows all things and planned all things) and eat it too (wherein people are somehow held accountable with eternal torture for doing exactly what god laid out for them to do). God knowing doesn't prevent anyone from doing anything, it's the opposite, and that you don't see it is a testament to how thoroughly your indoctrination has blinded you, dude. I get it, you're a true believer, it's really unlikely we're ever going to have any real discussion, you just end up quoting bible verses and preaching meaningless garbage at me. I asked it as clear as I can:

CAN GOD BE SURPRISED?

If the answer is no, then you don't have free will, you have the illusion of free will, and you're being held accountable for stuff he traps you into doing over and over again. 
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@ludofl3x

It gets paid one way or the other.

Let's stay with your legalistic view of this then: let's say I go out and commit a double murder, I'm arrested, tried and convicted in a court of law, and sentenced to death. My brother, who is single and has no children, says "Wait! Don't kill my brother, he has children, and a wife, and I don't have these obligations. Please, allow me to accept the sentence in his place." The court says "Okay." Is killing my brother MORAL? Is that justice? Don't confuse NOBLE with these terms. 
A human court of law is not God. You have offended God and God has provided the way He will deal with the situation. The soul that sins will die. But, just like the debt analogy, God is willing to forgive the debt if the conditions are met. Will God hold you to those conditions before you have understood what right and wrong are? So, I believe there is an age at which you are accountable to God, an age at which you understand that something is wrong. Also, the penalty of Adam's sins were imputed to humanity. All die because of what Adam did. But how could He punish someone who has not yet sinned, such as a little baby? What are the conditions in paying the penalty? They are a righteous life without sin. Jesus met those conditions. Have you met those conditions? Is God unjust in providing punishment for not following those conditions? Not if He is good. If He is good and just He will address the situation. He has stepped in on our behalf in love by sending His Son to meet the conditions we failed to meet. That is how the situation has been dealt with by God. God is satisfied by the works of righteousness of the One Man. Just as in Adam, his choice affected us and the penalty for that sin was imputed to us, so also in Jesus Christ, the righteous life of those who believe in Him has been imputed to the believer. God did not leave us with only the one option, sin and die. He gave us a way in which we can avoid that death, that spiritual separation for eternity from Him. That other option is the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. As in the OT God gives a choice.

God makes His plea to you through a people He chose to teach you about Himself and about His plan of forgiveness. He culminates that plan in sending His Son in the fullness of time to provide the way to be reconciled to Him. So, what you do with Jesus is up to you. Do you hear His message to you or is your heart still in rebellion against God? Do you not want to hear it because you want to do your own thing or do you want to have a changed heart towards God? Two people can read the same Scripture and one person hears the message and the other is incapable of hearing even though the words are plain. 

Just like Israel, who will you choose to serve God or Baal; God or yourself? If you choose Him He will provide the means for you to do so. 

In God permitting something does not mean He condones it. It means He allows it for a season or time but eventually you will be answerable for sin. His sovereign will say that one day you will answer for anything wrong you have done. 

Please explain how the entity who, according to you,laid out an entire plan for every molecule, allows something without condoning it.
Because He allows it for a purpose and a season so that good would come from that one evil choice and good would be seen to triumph over evil.  

Whatever it is he's allowing IS IN HIS PLAN. Again, according to you, we cannot deviate from the plan, otherwise god's surprised, but then yes, we'd be solely responsible and he could get mad about it.
You are under the misconception that just because the whole of history - past, present, and future - is presently before God that we are unable to choose. No one is forcing you to read this. You choose to do so, even though you do not like what I am saying. The only one who prevents you from reading this is you. I can't do that. You may have compelling reasons for reading this. You may want to prove me wrong. Nevertheless, it is your choice whether or not you read this.

God already knows your choice, yet He allows you to make it. He compels you via His word, His Spirit, His Son, His universe. He explains through His word the consequences of your choice - your actions.

But as we cannot, god has to share some of the responsibility. If I stand before god, let's say, and he asks "Why did you not leave a note on that car you dinged in the parking lot at A&P in Eatontown in 1998?", why isn't my answer "That was your plan, right? And why are you asking me, you should know this stuff."
God has given the path you are responsible to follow (live a righteous life which is only met in One Person) yet if you choose not to follow it. He allows you to do so knowing one day you will be accountable for that choice. You know it is dishonest to not own up to wrongful action and answer for it. Some wrongful action has a greater penalty than other wrongful action. God gives us time to choose our path. Sometimes we get away with injustice in this lifetime. That is why God eventually holds us accountable in His time frame or else He would not be just. 

Once you sin you are guilty before God. Do you have the means to meet or pay the penalty before the eternal God? Since your Creator, God, is the offended party, does He not have the right to decide on what payment is required for the wrong done?

I believe the only one who had complete freedom of will, other than Jesus Christ was Adam. Adam did not have the influences we have pulling us one direction or the other. 
Did god know when he put the tree there that Adam would eat the fruit, and thereby ruin his entire plan for the universe which I don't even know what it was but apparently pissed god off so much he tossed countless descendents into eternal damnation for something they didn't do themselves (again, how's that moral?). 

Yes, He knew. Adam's eating did not ruin God's plan. The action Adam chose showcases God's plan and His mercy. Even though God is wronged He has provided the solution. Will you accept the solution? If not, then how can you say God has done wrong in metering out justices upon you rather than on Jesus who voluntarily took the punishment on behalf of the believer?

Did they not choose the consequences of eternal separation? Did not those hearing the message choose not to listen to God and accept His grace and mercy? Even to those who have never heard the message, did they reach out to God or not? To those who never heard the message, were they interested in seeking God? To those who sincerely reach out does He not provide the means of grace to them by sending someone to them to lead them into the Way? And if someone is sent, will they resist His leading?

As was the case with Israel:

Romans 10:15 (NASB)
How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!”

So even though some believed what of the rest?

16 However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.
18 But I say, surely they have never heard, have they? Indeed they have;
Their voice has gone out into all the earth,
And their words to the ends of the world.”
19 But I say, surely Israel did not know, did they? First Moses says,
“I will make you jealous by that which is not a nation,
By a nation without understanding will I anger you.”
20 And Isaiah is very bold and says,
“I was found by those who did not seek Me,
I became manifest to those who did not ask for Me.”
21 But as for Israel He says, “All the day long I have stretched out My hands to a disobedient and obstinate people.”

Even in the 1st-century, Paul could say that the gospel had gone out to all the earth, the end of the known world of that time. And God does not only speak to humanity through His Word. He speaks to humanity through what has been made, the universe, from the macros to the micros. The details of a mindful being are evident in all things. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@PGA2.0

Please explain how the entity who, according to you,laid out an entire plan for every molecule, allows something without condoning it.
Because He allows it for a purpose and a season so that good would come from that one evil choice and good would be seen to triumph over evil.  

Then it's condoning the evil (going according to his plan) rather than merely allowing it (shrugging your shoulders and saying 'didn't see that coming, but I'll let it continue) for some perverse playacting purpose. If he wanted to make good triumph over evil, there's plenty of other ways for an all powerful whatever to accomplish that, right? Hollywood does it all the time. 

God already knows your choice, yet He allows you to make it. He compels you via His word,
If you are compelled into doing something, YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE. You're compelled. 

You are under the misconception that just because the whole of history - past, present, and future - is presently before God that we are unable to choose
Can I choose to do something that's not in god's plan? Yes or no. 

God already knows your choice, yet He allows you to make it
So he allows me to fool myself into thinking I've made it. 

The action Adam chose showcases God's plan 
WHY IS GOD MAD AT ADAM FOR EXECUTING HIS PLAN???

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@ludofl3x
You don't pass laws to murder others.
The death penalty is federally legal in the US, where I live. This is a law that's been passed specifically to murder people, legally, and it has a very large contingent of self professing Christians supporting it. Apparently, we do make laws to murder others. 

Regarding abortion, humans make laws that at times or often contradict biblical teaching. Are those laws just? Why? Do all get treated equally? Are all men (humans) created equal? If not, then what is wrong with killing those that we don't like or don't consider equal (Someone can say, "Step this way please! You're next.")? At one time African Americans were not deemed equal in your country. In South Africa, the white was considered superior at one time. In Hitlers Germany, many classes were considered of less value and human worth. Do you believe it is good to treat some human beings as less valuable than others if they are innocent of wrongdoing? So what has the unborn done that is wrong? Did it choose to be born? Did it break a law? Who decides what is wrong? Why is their decision "right?"
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Seth
And I feel bad for people like you too who think they have the answers yet on questioning you find that you can't make sense of life other than manufacturing meaning in what would be a meaningless universe from an atheistic perspective.

Religion doesn't make sense of life, it proposes a fantasy and pathetically tries to make sense of that based on fear, fear of the existence they find themselves in.
I contend that even atheists have a religious view of life - the religion of self as the final authority. I do not believe the atheist worldview is capable of making sense of life. For instance, why is there something rather than nothing and why do you exist? How does consciousness come from something without it? How does life come from non-live and something non-living? How do we determine right if there is not absolute, final reference point? 
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Seth
The Christian religion is reasonable and logical and I argue necessary in making sense of existence. 
And yet if you were born in Afghanistan the chances are you wouldn't believe a word of that.

Very possible, but why does that make Christianity wrong?
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@ludofl3x
You keep ignoring that god knew that all of that, exactly, would happen, according to a blueprint you think he laid out.
Are you saying that God is the one doing the choosing for us and that we do not choose?

There isn't any choice as a result. You're not approaching this in an honest way at all, you want to have your cake (omniscient god who knows all things and planned all things) and eat it too (wherein people are somehow held accountable with eternal torture for doing exactly what god laid out for them to do). God knowing doesn't prevent anyone from doing anything, it's the opposite, and that you don't see it is a testament to how thoroughly your indoctrination has blinded you, dude. I get it, you're a true believer, it's really unlikely we're ever going to have any real discussion, you just end up quoting bible verses and preaching meaningless garbage at me.
You keep ignoring that even though God knew it (thus it was predetermined to happen) He still gave the human being the choice. How is allowing someone (Adam) to either obey or disobey not a choice? How is Adam choosing not his choice? The difference between Adam and you or me is that Adam was not influenced by evil. He did not have that baggage already in place. He did not know what it was before he sinned. He had two options, the one God presented or the one Satan presented. He (Adam) chose to experience evil. We are influenced by that choice since it affected everyone. The concept of evil was realized. Since that choice, we cannot avoid experiencing evil yet we can still choose whether we accept God's revelation and provision or live by our own means. God has provided a solution to that evil. God will not accept a sinful nature in His presence (His close, intimate relationship with us). 

What you are saying is that because God knew what the man would freely choose the man did not freely choose it and God was not able (had no choice) to prevent the man from doing this unless He had already predetermined the man would not do this. Why is that? Why could God not only know what the man would do (predetermined) but allow him to do so without making him do so without his own volition. Since the man would do so by his free choice and once the man did so, then why could God not ordain a way to eventually reconcile the man to Him via His Son before this event of Adam choosing happened? 

God knows all things. He is eternally present. The past, present and future are all before Him in the presence. Thus, what Adam would do was already before Him. He knows Adam in every detail, He knows what Adam is thinking and will think since He can know our private thoughts. That is a difference between God and me or you. I can't know your private thoughts but I can know what you express to me and I can understand how your thoughts operate to a degree rather than fully like God. Does that stop you from thinking them or acting on them? No, you do so of your own volition.

I know you have a sinful nature (outside of Jesus Christ) that needs to be regenerated. Can I predict how your nature will respond? Generally speaking, yes. I know you will sin again. I know you will tell a lie. Do I know when? No, not usually. Can I prevent you from ever lying again? No. It is your nature to lie. If you think not then live a year without telling one lie.   

I asked it as clear as I can:

CAN GOD BE SURPRISED?
No.

If the answer is no, then you don't have free will, you have the illusion of free will, and you're being held accountable for stuff he traps you into doing over and over again. 
God does not trap me. I'm trapped by my own choices and by the nature I inherited from Adam. Even though God knows my choices before I make them I am not programmed to make them by God. I do that of my own volition. My choices have consequences. I am not a robot that He programmed to respond in only one way. I choose to do that of my own volition. I choose to reject God but His mercy rescues me by hearing His word. I reason with God about how the world is and how I am. I see my need for His provision - His Son. I see the failings I have of living without the Son. I have wrestled with sin. I understand how difficult it is to escape (impossible in my own ability), thus I look to another to provide the means of escape. 

I'm not under the illusion that I have free will. I don't have free will, neither do you, but Adam did. He was not influenced by the effects of sin. You and I are. Because of this, we all have a sinful nature that needs regenerating. That is done by believing in the Son. 
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@ludofl3x

Then it's condoning the evil (going according to his plan) rather than merely allowing it (shrugging your shoulders and saying 'didn't see that coming, but I'll let it continue) for some perverse playacting purpose. If he wanted to make good triumph over evil, there's plenty of other ways for an all powerful whatever to accomplish that, right? Hollywood does it all the time. 
To eliminate evil God would have to create a robot, something that is already programmed in what it will do. God did not do that when He created humanity. He created us in His image and likeness, with the ability to choose to create and love. Because God created us with a volition He does not control how we use it although He sometimes brings judgment for such actions upon us in this lifetime, as well as after death. Thus, even though He condemns evil and speaks out against unrighteousness and wrongful actions He does not condone it but lovingly allows us to make mistakes. When your child makes a mistake, does wrong, was it you who did the wrong, was it you who condoned the action he/she took? No, they did it of their own accord. When that happens you can teach them a better way so that can avoid doing so and hurting themselves in the future. 

God already knows your choice, yet He allows you to make it. He compels you via His word,
If you are compelled into doing something, YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE. You're compelled.
Usually, but you are providing only one outcome again. You like something. That is not bad in and of itself. Because you like it that compels (draws) you to do it. That compels you to continue to do it. It can be something hurtful and that something becomes a habit thus you are under bondage to that something. Thus, our natures compel (draw) us to act in particular ways. We are no longer free not to sin because of Adam. But we are able to not sin all the time. We usually are compelled to do something either because we like to do it or because we are in bondage and can't free ourselves from doing it. That is the case of what has happened to us since Adam. We still make choices. Sometimes we act in the best interest of others and sometimes we act selfishly and hurt others. Are we able to choose not to do something evil? Yes, but can we overcome in not doing that something? Not all the time. Only Christ was able to resist evil completely.  

You are under the misconception that just because the whole of history - past, present, and future - is presently before God that we are unable to choose
Can I choose to do something that's not in god's plan? Yes or no. 
God's plan is to let you have volition, the ability to choose. God's greater plan is to judge evil and provide a way to escape the evil does not gain victory. That evil was brought into our human nature through Adam. It was not in our human nature until the Fall. History shows us the effect of that nature, the outcome of that sin so God has a purpose for allowing it. When you do evil you choose to do what is not in your best interests. 

God already knows your choice, yet He allows you to make it
So he allows me to fool myself into thinking I've made it.
On the contrary, your choices show you that you have not yet made it to where you need to be. Sin is a mirror that reminds us of the consequences of bad choices. 

How can a righteous and good Judge like evil? God is angry about what sin does to His creatures yet He allows them to do so as a lesson that some will find Him. He loves them so He is willing to let them do evil for a time that some will reach out to Him and be saved from evil. Sin is what humanity chooses of their own volition in living apart from what is best for them.  

Acts 17:24 The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; 25 nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things; 26 and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, 27 that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His children.’ 29 Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man. 30 Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, 31 because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.”
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@PGA2.0
How can a righteous and good Judge like evil? 

THat's got nothing to do with the question I asked. Why is god mad at Adam for executing the plan god laid out in the first place? Did Adam act outside of god's original plan? If so, then god wasn't entirely omniscient. 
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@ludofl3x
How can a righteous and good Judge like evil? 

THat's got nothing to do with the question I asked. Why is god mad at Adam for executing the plan god laid out in the first place? Did Adam act outside of god's original plan? If so, then god wasn't entirely omniscient. 

I have answered that question many times. You cannot hear it because of your confirmation bias. You hear only what you want to hear.  

Why is God angry? God hates sin. Sin is a wrongful action. Why would a good God like what is wrong?

No, Adam did not act outside of God's plan. God knew what Adam would do. That is why from before the foundation of the world God had that plan. God gave Adam free will to choose. He gives you and I a will to choose. God gave humans the ability to choose to love Him. The ability has been marred by sin. Since separates us from that close intimate loving relationship with God. Yet God is still merciful to those who will place their trust in Jesus Christ. He has sent His word to humanity that those who are humble may hear it. 

Ephesians 2:1-7  (NASB)
Made Alive in Christ
And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 

slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents,

He who hates Me hates My Father also.

But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, “God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

Why would God give His grace to the arrogant, those who resist Him at every turn, yet He does in sending out His word of grace and mercy through the Son and Spirit that those who hear will have eternal life. God has acted on our behalf that we might again establish that intimate, loving relationship with Him. 

2 Corinthians 5:16-21 
16 Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer. 17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 18 Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. 21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@PGA2.0
Adam did not act outside of God's plan. God knew what Adam would do. That is why from before the foundation of the world God had that plan. God gave Adam free will to choose. 

So Adam's only choice, according to this quote, is to act according to god's plan. Maybe I'm missing it: what was Adam's other option?
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@ludofl3x
Adam did not act outside of God's plan. God knew what Adam would do. That is why from before the foundation of the world God had that plan. God gave Adam free will to choose. 

So Adam's only choice, according to this quote, is to act according to god's plan. Maybe I'm missing it: what was Adam's other option?

How do you figure that? Adam had the free choice to eat or not eat from the tree of knowledge. Even though God knew He would CHOOSE to eat of it, God did not force him to eat from it. Adam chose to do this himself, which God had already prepared for from before the foundation of the earth.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@PGA2.0
God did not force him to eat from it. 

Did god's plan include Adam eating it?
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@ludofl3x
God did not force him to eat from it. 

Sure. He knew Adam would eat it but He never forced Adam to eat it. Adam chose to eat it. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@PGA2.0

Sure. He knew Adam would eat it but He never forced Adam to eat it. Adam chose to eat it. 
So god planned for adam to eat it, then got mad at him for eating it, and as adam cannot go against god's plan, how did he have a choice and not just the illusion of choice? 

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@ludofl3x

So god planned for adam to eat it, then got mad at him for eating it, and as adam cannot go against god's plan, how did he have a choice and not just the illusion of choice? 

As I said before, "God did not force him to eat from it." That means that God allowed Adam the will to choose whether he would eat the fruit or not and God explained the consequences before Adam ate it. God already knew what Adam would choose of Adams FREE will and therefore He had already "planned" or determined His course of action before He had even created the universe. Does that mean that God programmed Adam to make a particular choice? No, He did not. He let Adam make his own choice knowing full well what that choice would be.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
Could Adam have chosen differently without departing from God's plan? Yes or no. 

If god's plan including both eating and not eating options, then god didn't know which would happen. THat makes him less than omniscient. If god made only one plan, and that plan was eat the fruit, then there is only the illusion of free will, like a maze with only one exit. This is not that hard to figure out, unless you're insisting that only man is responsible for sin and god had nothing to do with that....oh wait, that's why you're having a hard time, sorry. :)

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ludofl3x
CAN GOD BE SURPRISED?

Well even though some would say no, it seems God was surprised during the story of Noah's flood, as the story goes God "was grieved" indicating some things took place he hadn't already knew would. Otherwise how could God be grieved? and why then would he need to take action being sorrowful he created man?

If the answer is no, then you don't have free will

I'm not a Genesis literalist but just for fun I don't think omniscience means predestined and so does not eliminate having your own will to choose. Not at all actually, for example lets say you have a wife or a friend you just know very well and you set up a test to see if they will choose a certain something and they chose what you already knew they would...would that mean they had no will to choose something else? not at all, you just knew them so well but that doesn't mean you predestined their choice rather predicted it, it just means you were very familiar with how they may act in a given scenario. Kind of more like a good mind reader than a puppet master lol. 
Knowing something doesn't necessarily mean being willed. I may have an inkling you may say something in response to a statement of mine but that doesn't mean I willed you to say it. 

you have the illusion of free will, and you're being held accountable for stuff he traps you into doing over and over again. 

I think God does want us to learn from our own choices/mistakes though, whether or not He knows them.