@Vaarka
Quit going for the easy lynch

What?
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@Vader
I usually clarify "vote for pressure" vs. "vote for death/lynch" but okay. RM seems more sus than you at the moment anyway. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Danielle
Agreed. My analysis gives me a full push why I think he is scum
Danielle
Danielle
Ya'll implied RM is a bad townie. How is he at scum/mafia analysis? 
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@Vaarka
Idk what point in the DP ur at so I can't really say what ur using to draw that conclusion.
Vaarka
Debates: 0
Vaarka
-->
@Buddamoose
looks like you're talking about hammering RM, I'm saying stop going for the easy lynch

All I've seen this far was you saying "RM claim" and RM saying "no screw you"
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Greyparrot
Whelp...hope town has protective roles to keep Buddha alive for 3 days...
No one protect him. Even if he can be confirmed, he isn't yet. I'd rather have him die than someone who has an active role.

Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Buddamoose
Omg, a role that doesnt neatly fit with a character! That's like, never happened before! 😂. 

I'm serious though, people who use emojis in their posts unironically lose credibility. Js
Idk if it's just me or what but the fact that you use them just seems like a "omg haha lmao loooool" thing to discredit a point (even if it's wrong). I don't like seeing them. 

Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Buddamoose
😂😂
and you use them so much dude wtf
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Danielle
Not implied. It should be noted that there aren't many "good" and/or "innocent" characters in the show from what I can tell. 

All that evidence was to highlight that Rational was lying and conveniently did not correct Sally Rayburn not actually being the "main character". Also conveniently leaving out that the reason why John hates Danny so much as to be murderous, is their sister Sarah's drowning. Something that would not have been had Sally not pushed Sarah away out of her hatred of her own daughter, into being with the "black sheep" of the family, Danny. Black Sheep in quotations because the rest of the family was not better than him, and in many aspects much worse, particularly in the realm of violence and the eventually conspired murder of Danny by his three other living siblings. 

Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Buddamoose
Fmpov if you aren't willing to follow up pressure via votes with lynching if that pressure is refused, then you might as well not demand claims at all cause the incentive is no longer there to otherwise claim. 

And then at that point, you may as well just VTNL DP1 from the get-go and not bother with it. 

Btw, how about we not VTNL on DP1? It wastes a whole lynch, like always. 7 v 2? Lynch every DP and you have 2 lynches before LYLO. VTNL and you only have 1 lynch until MYLO. 

DP1 lynch = 💯

Despite what I just said about "not going for the easy lynch", I'd rather lynch RM than lynch nobody
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Greyparrot
Don't be ridiculous. under normal circumstances, you are right...but this is RM. It's a wasted mislynch for town when we can do better things.
Any mislynch is a waste of resources.  But think, would you rather mislynch RM or someone else?

Danielle
Danielle

I don't remember how R-M plays, specifically as scum. I find it curious that he said his character was close to Jane. Suffice to say that in this game, I'm sure most characters would be close to Jane (though John would be closest). Coupled with R-M's in depth analysis on why John is scum, I'm wondering if a lot of his insight comes from his role/PM descriptions as opposed to his individual research. I agree that John is likely some type of investigative scum. Do you think RM could have deduced that on his own? Ya'll seem to be implying that he's a poor player, hence why I'm asking. And RM hasn't role claimed yet, correct? (Like I said I kinda skimmed after page 5). Also, I'm signing off in a bit. 
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@RationalMadman
Revealing characters helps mafia narrow down PRs more than it helps us.
I can agree with this, I'm not one to push claims unless I want to kill them, and I think most theme analysis is pointless. 

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Vaarka
Despite what I just said about "not going for the easy lynch", I'd rather lynch RM than lynch nobody

Well he claimed at L-1, so following thru with a lynch on that refusal was unnecessary. But you at least reached the point where i explained why the lynch might be necessary. 
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Buddamoose
Budda did you reply to a post of mine because I got the ping but don't see a post for it
Vaarka
Vaarka
(I'm talking about a post from 3 minutes ago not the one you just sent)
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Buddamoose
Well he claimed at L-1, so following thru with a lynch on that refusal was unnecessary. But you at least reached the point where i explained why the lynch might be necessary. 
No idea, I'm page 3

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Danielle
I don't think ur gonna find much in his previous game play to accurately gauge how he behaves as town v how he behaves as scum. He came across as scummy to town in all three beginner series 1.0 games, 1/3 times being scum. So I'm liable to think he generally comes across scummy even if town. 

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Vaarka
Yeah I did, I quoted exactly what you did in response to you saying all you've seen was me saying Rational should claim, and Rational telling me to kindly go off myself 😂. 

So i deleted the post cause it was unnecessary. 

Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Buddamoose
Vaarka's silence could just be that he hasn't made it online yet. However, if the day passes and he still doesn't post, it's gonna be sus cause he was one of the players urging Lunatic(TUF) to start the game. 
lol I was waiting for a game link, didn't even know the game had started until you pinged me
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Buddamoose
Yeah I did, I quoted exactly what you did in response to you saying all you've seen was me saying Rational should claim, and Rational telling me to kindly go off myself 😂. 

So i deleted the post cause it was unnecessary. 

Isn't there a rule against editing or deleting posts? If not then there seriously needs to be one. 
Vaarka
Vaarka
I just realized there's a player named hammer
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Vaarka
Isn't there a rule against editing or deleting posts? If not then there seriously needs to be one. 

Nope, that discussion stalled out and no concensus was met on it. And why would there necessarily need to be? If you can't think of numerous reasons why editing or deleting might otherwise be done with good intent(sich as not having redundant posts) that's your own fault, not anyone elses 😂. 
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Buddamoose
Its important to stress that Rational is sus to me at this point, but he's still pretty much null from a non-vibe standpoint. His behavior fmpov cpuld reaaonably be coming from a town or scum. His pressure on those who are pressuring him, aka "omgus"("omg u suck") voting, is in line with his general behavior of retaliatory voting in response to people voting him. 

His thematic post that was, at best, less than entirely relevant, could be a town player being overzealous with contributing show knowledge, even if that knowledge might not be totally relevant. 

His paranoia of disclosing too much info to mafia by hypothesizing as to potential roles definite villain characters might be justified as having, though it doesn't make sense fmpov, is kind of in line with Rationals natural propensity towards such paranoia. Paranoia not to be taken in the negative sense, as townies should have a healthy dose of paranoia in acting. 

This final point though, is what moves him into sus territory. Because as I pointed out, refusing to hypothesize only really benefits mafia, as they already know their roles. Being willing to acknowledge he could ultimately still be town, operating in a manner that is benefits exclusively scum, as illustrared by the final point, is more than sufficient reason for a claim. 

Basically, the reason for claim is no longer exclusively him illustrating he is less than stellar at faking claims(beginners 1.2). We now have a sus behavior to back that up. 
You give this reason for him being sus but "he's still pretty much null".

A majority of this looks like WIFOM. The only problem I have with it is what I just pointed out above
Vaarka
Vaarka
my laptop is fucking retarded 
Vaarka
Vaarka
Nope, that discussion stalled out and no concensus was met on it. And why would there necessarily need to be? If you can't think of numerous reasons why editing or deleting might otherwise be done with good intent(sich as not having redundant posts) that's your own fault, not anyone elses 😂. 
... what?

Who gives a shit if you're "deleting a redundant post" or "just fixing a typo"? You shouldn't do it. There's no way of knowing, after all, if the post you sent me had some sort of scum tell, and you realized and edited or deleted it. 

The entire point of players being prohibited from editing posts is to prevent that. Don't just pass it off with "haha OMG LOOOOL" shit, it's a serious thing. I even advocated for making it a mod-killable offense when we were working on the first beginner game. If Lunatic didn't make it a rule, then he should have. 

I know any games I mod will have a mod-killable consequence if such an action is reported, caught, seen, whatever. If it happens then it's a problem that I don't want to see. I'd hope everyone could see that. 

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Vaarka
You give this reason for him being sus but "he's still pretty much null".

Solid observation. Idk if you have reached my reads posts, but I'm differentiating between "sus" and "scum read".

I also outlined my metric of analysis in my case against Hammer, which you probably haven't gotten to yet. Upon reading that you will see that Hammer hit on all three metrics, Rational was hitting 1/3 that being acting in a manner i percieved as exclusively benefiting mafia. 

It was later clarified as a misunderstanding/rational  backtracked on said hypothesizing near afterwards. Could feasibly be either one at this point. 

Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Buddamoose
The post above was meant for you btw ^^