I left, the Democratic Party, to vote for Trump.

Author: YeshuaBought

Total: 206
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@Dr.Franklin
idk its just funny watching you meet someone whos more of a troll than you are ;p
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
In a December interview published Jan. 17, Biden told The New York Times that Section 230 “should be revoked because (Facebook) is not merely an internet company. It is propagating falsehoods they know to be false.”
What right is Biden supposedly breaking? 

One person is more than enough and since he is the frontrunner no point talking about the others.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Section 230 says that "No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider"

Biden wants 230 revoked because he thinks Facebook has dangerous ideas.
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TheRealNihilist
the 1a, he would dictate what can and can't be said on facebook, but I doubt it would stop there.

I’ve been in the view that not only should we be worrying about the concentration of power, we should be worried about the lack of privacy and them being exempt, which you’re not exempt. [The Times] can’t write something you know to be false and be exempt from being sued. But he can. The idea that it’s a tech company is that Section 230 should be revoked, immediately should be revoked, number one. For Zuckerberg and other platforms.
Biden seems to be (again) confusing the 1st Amendment with Section 230. It's not Section 230 that allows people to post false things on Facebook. It's the 1st Amendment. You know, the thing that Biden is supposed to "protect and defend" if he becomes President.

All 230 does is put the liability in the right place: on the actual speaker. Facebook is not "exempt" from any law. Biden is just wrong.

(CNSNews.com) - Former Vice President Joe Biden wants to amend the U.S. Constitution to prohibit private individuals from using their own money to make a contribution to a federal election campaign or to fund their own federal campaign, according to a plan posted on Biden's campaign website.
The Biden amendment would need to curtail the First Amendment, which guarantees Americans “the freedom of speech.” In its 2010 decision in Citizens United v. the Federal Election Commission, the Supreme Court affirmed that spending money on a political campaign is a constitutionally protected exercise of that right.

thoughts?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Greyparrot
Section 230 says that "No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider"

Biden wants 230 revoked because he thinks Facebook has dangerous ideas.

Is this a right?

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@YeshuaBought
 I am not one hudred percent satisfied with Trump, but at least, he is not a globalist, or collectivist.
I would one day like Right-Wingers to explain why isolationism is morally good.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
The Biden amendment would need to curtail the First Amendment, which guarantees Americans “the freedom of speech.” In its 2010 decision in Citizens United v. the Federal Election Commission, the Supreme Court affirmed that spending money on a political campaign is a constitutionally protected exercise of that right.
Didn't say anything about the above part because you want me to clarify on his behalf when all I wanted to know the intent of Biden on removing rights.
The 1st Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

A petition doesn't require money it can be done by protesting or you know not voting for politicians until they meet demands. 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
I would one day like Right-Wingers to explain why isolationism is morally good.

Why is Anarchy a moral good?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I think his intent (and people like him) is clear, constantly erode rights (or try at the very least) and assert more government control over the citizens.  In instances like this, what you don't hear is a public outcry for this type of censorship, this is all his doing, his desire.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
I would bet some countries wished the U.S. had been more isolationist rather than being invaded and or killed, funny people bitch about the conflicts the U.S. gets into, nation building etc but then turns around and bitches at people who think we should be more isolated, national.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I think his intent (and people like him) is clear, constantly erode rights (or try at the very least) and assert more government control over the citizens.  In instances like this, what you don't hear is a public outcry for this type of censorship, this is all his doing, his desire.
I think is all you got and you are going to generalities now?

Do you want to talk about generalities if you do please make it clear to me since I said bring me something that says Biden said he wants to remove rights but you couldn't deliver. 

Now if your claim was that Biden doesn't want money in politics then I would agree but I wanted to know what rights he was going to remove or change. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
What do you mean why is anarchy a moral good?

I didn't say it was.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TheRealNihilist

you quoted that, it speaks for itself along with his desire to remove the 230, how many examples do you need?

here's some irony
Former Vice President Joe Biden didn't hesitate to lecture liberals over their eroding support for free speech this week.

even he admits what the liberals are doing, mind you that was in 2017 and he's moved much further left since then.

again more eroding of rights, not just the 2a, but the 4th and the 5th
let's not forget he is going to let Beta O'Rourke run his gun policy.

hardly seems pro constitution.

ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I'm not going to sift through a bunch of links
That's your decision to make. Feel free to ignore them.

ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
here's some irony
Agreed, you provide links for others to wade through but demand others quote the relevant facts for you. How convenient.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ATroubledMan
Agreed, you provide links for others to wade through but demand others quote the relevant facts for you. How convenient.
I provided quotes and links if people wanted to verify and read more, unlike what you do,  I follow the general format for posting like most everyone else, look at other posts and they look like mine, not yours.

if you can't quote pertinent information from your links there must not be anything of value that you would highlight and want someone to read, which is the point of following the format which I try to use.

ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
That's not true, many posts just make unsubstantiated claims with no supporting links, while others have just links and others have copy pasted material from the links. Few if any follow what you refer to is a general format. The links I posted would have taken you only minutes to look through to see they all say the same thing from multiple sources, that Trump is doing a bad job.

You seem more like you just don't want to read them for fear of finding out that Trump is indeed doing a bad job. It would also show that you may not be informed or are ignoring what Trump is actually doing. Perhaps, you get all your information from Fox News? If you think however, that Trump is doing a great job, go ahead and post a list of links and I'l be more than happy to look through them, no problem. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ATroubledMan
I read the first batch you posted and commented on them, I found nothing of value in them, then you post 5 more with no quotes or pointing out any useful parts to your links and you expect people to do the work for you?  good luck with that.  If you had any kind of evidence unrelated to tds you haven't shown it yet.
Many claim he's done a terrible job with covid but can't explain what that means or give any examples that don't require hindsight.

if you just want to make empty claims, that's fine, however if you can point out where, at time period 1 because action x was/wasn't taken then y did/didn't happen which lead to z outcome then that would be useful and something to discuss.  But I'm not going to find that for you in the links you post, that's your obligation, not mine.
ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
 I found nothing of value in them

Yeah, I kind of expected you'd say that. That's the problem with Trump supporters, they believe Trump is God and no amount of information is ever going to change their minds. They just call it fake news or some conspiracy theory or just plain old hatred towards Trump. There's no reasoning with them. Those links do indeed provide exactly what you're asking: facts, yet you "found nothing of value". That speaks volumes.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ATroubledMan
no, what speaks volumes is making claims and trying to pass it off as fact instead of a biased opinion because it's someone you don't like, I've asked numerous times for examples and facts, best you could do is toss up some links, the first batch I addressed which you had no counter to, so you tossed up 5 more.  The problem as you put it, is with you and your line of thinking.  Not once on this thread have a said Trump was doing a good job or really commented on it at all, but rather trying to get YOU to prove your assumptions, which you can't seem to do, you can't even articulate your "feelings" with any kind of specificity or examples.
The problem is staring back at you in the mirror, take a very good look.
ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
 the first batch I addressed 
Yes, and your denials were based on "what you heard". 

The problem as you put it, is with you and your line of thinking.
You mean, I inform myself of what Trump is doing and you don't? That kind of problem?

trying to get YOU to prove your assumptions
Had you bothered to inform yourself or read those links I provided, you'd easily find they weren't my assumptions, they were common knowledge all over the internet, the media and the country. It's like you're asking me to give you a recap of everything Trump has bungled when it's all over the internet every single day. It speaks volumes that you either consider everything you read as fake news or you simply have not been informing yourself. 

You claimed that nothing in those links was of any value to you, so what would be the point of me copy pasting on this forum for you? You'd just say the same thing. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ATroubledMan
so what would be the point of me copy pasting on this forum for you?
maybe I misread or missed whatever valid point you thought your links had?
do most people just take your word for things and not challenge you?
ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
do most people just take your word for things and not challenge you?
Of course not, most people will either read the links I provide or will be well informed themselves, especially when the topic in question is ongoing every single day and one of the most important we've encountered in a long time. It's almost as if one can't not be informed of what's going on, that is, unless they're hiding in a cave.

As I mentioned, Trump supporters will just deny anything put in front of them that didn't come from Fox News. The rest of us can see plain as day what Trump says, what he does and what he bungles, and the list of what he bungles is huge, all the way from his business enterprises to his short political career. Everything is out in the open for all to see. 

If someone claims Trump is doing a bad job, some folks will jump to his defense and deny it while saying he is the Lord, while the rest know exactly what's being claimed because it's all out there for anyone to see. It's not a matter of what's being claimed, it's a matter of whether or not you recognize and acknowledge what Trump is bungling or you shut your eyes and ears and shout, Nananananana!
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ATroubledMan
I'm not interested it talking about Trump supporters, perhaps I misunderstood you, I thought you were going to give some examples and specifics as to why Trump has done/did a bad job on covid.  I've asked several times and after many posts you have yet to do so.  Red herrings aside if you can't give examples or even hypotheticals as to what you perceive is/has/was done poorly you are just tilting at windmills.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts

i agree with you that the claims that trump did a poor job are weak. he did seem out of touch though. i found this as the meat in the troubled poster's main link. if this doesn't persuade you, i don't think there's much more to add. what do you think of this?:

That the pandemic occurred is not Trump’s fault. The utter unpreparedness of the United States for a pandemic is Trump’s fault. The loss of stockpiled respirators to breakage because the federal government let maintenance contracts lapse in 2018 is Trump’s fault. The failure to store sufficient protective medical gear in the national arsenal is Trump’s fault. That states are bidding against other states for equipment, paying many multiples of the precrisis price for ventilators, is Trump’s fault. Air travelers summoned home and forced to stand for hours in dense airport crowds alongside infected people? That was Trump’s fault too. Ten weeks of insisting that the coronavirus is a harmless flu that would miraculously go away on its own? Trump’s fault again. The refusal of red-state governors to act promptly, the failure to close Florida and Gulf Coast beaches until late March? That fault is more widely shared, but again, responsibility rests with Trump: He could have stopped it, and he did not.

The lying about the coronavirus by hosts on Fox News and conservative talk radio is Trump’s fault: They did it to protect him. The false hope of instant cures and nonexistent vaccines is Trump’s fault, because he told those lies to cover up his failure to act in time. The severity of the economic crisis is Trump’s fault; things would have been less bad if he had acted faster instead of sending out his chief economic adviser and his son Eric to assure Americans that the first stock-market dips were buying opportunities. The firing of a Navy captain for speaking truthfully about the virus’s threat to his crew? Trump’s fault. The fact that so many key government jobs were either empty or filled by mediocrities? Trump’s fault. The insertion of Trump’s arrogant and incompetent son-in-law as commander in chief of the national medical supply chain? Trump’s fault.

ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I thought you were going to give some examples and specifics as to why Trump has done/did a bad job on covid.  I've asked several times and after many posts you have yet to do so.
The links speak volumes, if you aren't going to bother informing yourself on what is one of the most important topics today and the bumbling fool in charge of it all, there's little hope. The specifics are all there on those links, go read them, educate yourself. You are making a mountain out of a molehill simply because I said Trump is doing a bad job. I would suspect that you would instead say he's doing a good job and then provide a bunch of links that I could peruse. Unless it's a link from Fox News, then you probably won't find many that show he has been doing a good job.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@n8nrgmi
I'm merely addressing what you quoted

Fact check: Did the Obama administration deplete the federal stockpile of N95 masks?
We rate this claim TRUE because it is supported by our research. There is no indication that the Obama administration took significant steps to replenish the supply of N95 masks in the Strategic National Stockpile after it was depleted from repeated crises. Calls for action came from experts at the time concerned for the country’s ability to respond to future serious pandemics. Such recommendations were, for whatever reason, not heeded.

now I did that because of the absolute words and style the writer of your quote used and because of that I dismiss it as biased and not fact based.

If, however they blamed the problems with the government, since it's been around long before the Trump presidency, then that would be accurate and fair.  But they did not.  I'm not interested in examining every claim they made since it was easy enough to debunk the one I put in above.

I could go into the whole ventilator issue, with Cuomo lying and fear mongering over them, when in fact no one has ever not gotten one that needed one and in fact they had more than enough, but I think my point is made.

Obviously things can alway be done better because we don't live in a perfect world and hindsight is 20/20.  It's ever difficult to prepare for the unknown and things you haven't experienced and never thought you'd have to.

As I posted to G.P. about the swine flu, that came from Mexico, how well was that handled do you think?  were the borders closed?  No?  why not?  Because it wasn't Trump so that one gets a pass?  Or maybe it was unexpected and it wasn't obvious to handle the unexpected etc?  But we couldn't extent that same courtesy to anyone else, or maybe to everyone else except Trump?

please self reflect and ask yourself if you are holding every president to similar standards (to the best of your ability) that have had to deal with similar situations, or is your dislike for Trump so strong you aren't able to do that?

Hope:  a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.
            want something to happen or be the case.

how the fk can you have 'false hope'?  LOL do you see why I didn't take that link/quote seriously?

the phrase false hope is an oxymoron.” An oxymoron is combination of contradictory or incongruous words [

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ATroubledMan
ok, I thought you might have something more than your opinion, which clearly no matter what Trump does or doesn't do will never be good, but that's common from left leaning people.  As is the inability to articulate a position but rather the shotgun approach of links with no context, it's common.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@ATroubledMan
There's no way to know the peak and the plateau, hence why he said April. We thought we were at the peak. Clearly not the case. Data says now we are at plateau going down

ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@Vader
There's no way to know the peak and the plateau, hence why he said April.
The experts knew full well that was not going to happen, yet he said it anyways. Experts were already saying long before that any kind of vaccination would be at least 18 months away, yet Trump wanted to open everything up for Easter. What kind of person does that?