I left, the Democratic Party, to vote for Trump.

Author: YeshuaBought

Total: 206
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Upon reflection, I can see how Katniss must have been afflicted with something similar to TDS in book 3.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
If we burn, you burn with us.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
The fact of the matter is, this book is objectively bad. Not bad as in evil, but bad as in exhibiting poor craftsmanship. The storytelling is ineffective, incoherent and nonsensical. The conflicts are contrived, the characters are soulless and Katniss' motivation becomes overpowered by the author's need to wrap up the rebellion.

In the end, Katniss' character is on the receiving end of the most horrific assassinations in the book. Throughout the last 2/3rds of the book, she is reacting in a numb, zombie-like state as the events of the world close in around her. She has no clear motive, her self-sacrifice at the beginning of the Hunger Games turns into a muddled and confused array of reactions and rash decisions. Good authors give the lead character a choice in which there are two equally compelling options. In the end of this book, Katniss generally either has no choice or the ones that she makes are obvious.

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
The Biden amendment would need to curtail the First Amendment, which guarantees Americans “the freedom of speech.” In its 2010 decision in Citizens United v. the Federal Election Commission, the Supreme Court affirmed that spending money on a political campaign is a constitutionally protected exercise of that right.

you quoted that, it speaks for itself along with his desire to remove the 230, how many examples do you need?
I already showed you how the 1st amendment is not threatened by Biden but you refuse to listen? This is not on me.
here's some irony
Former Vice President Joe Biden didn't hesitate to lecture liberals over their eroding support for free speech this week.

even he admits what the liberals are doing, mind you that was in 2017 and he's moved much further left since then.
So now we are talking about Biden in 2017? I guess you must be filled with examples of Biden removing rights when you have to go to 2017 about Biden lecturing liberals on free speech. Oh wait this has nothing to do with Biden removing rights.
again more eroding of rights, not just the 2a, but the 4th and the 5th
let's not forget he is going to let Beta O'Rourke run his gun policy.

hardly seems pro constitution.
Isn't it on you to quote what he says is unconstitutional instead of giving me a link and expecting me to read the entire thing when only one line can be relevant? I also like how Bet O'Rourke is being added in? And we switched from free speech to guns. I guess you fail to say anything so now you are just dumping everything you have. It is not a lot and I guess you should do better but I guess you don't really know that if this is the best you got for Biden removing rights. If this isn't the best you got why give me all this when all you need is one link and a quote?

TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I already showed you how the 1st amendment is not threatened by Biden but you refuse to listen? This is not on me.
I showed you his intent and what he has been and will try to do, but you refuse to listen?  This is not on me.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@YeshuaBought
Read your opening post, out loud, don't forget to pause at, every comma, that is what, commas, do. Report back to me with, the results.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
does your condescending post add to the conversation or does it just make you feel superior?
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Between the, two, of those options my, post really does neither of those things.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
this was a drive by topic anyway as is the usual m.o. of the originator.
ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@ILikePie5
So I’ll ask you once again. Is Fauci lying when he said Trump listened to the advice of experts?
When a timeline can be established of exactly when that took place, we can then establish who was lying. If Fauci was lying, I have no problem admitting to that. Trump could very well have pulled Fauci aside and told him he'd be fired if he didn't say that, we just don't know what happened yet, and hopefully it will all come out in the wash.

ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
it was a vox link he used, so there's that, and the typical no named expert ghosts, but hey that's what passes as "facts" to some people.
Dissing sources is not an argument. I could do the same thing rather than go through an article and pick out the flaws. You won't even bother to go through articles put in front of you.

ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@Greyparrot
You don't really need to explain why you Support China and support the WHO.
That you admit it is enough.
How does lying about what I say or didn't say help your argument? 

I don't support the Chinese Communist Government and how they handled the situation from the get go. I support the WHO because they are doing their best with a worldwide pandemic on their hands and governments who may or may not accommodate their requests in a timely manner. If you believe you can do a better job, please do try. But, don't sit there tossing out fabricated lies or conspiracy theories because you have nothing else to offer. Thanks.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
CNN will ALWAYS have a job for them.

Their "journalists" get paid $20,000 dollars a day to tell you what to think.

It's a great job.

sadly that is what modern news outlets have become. But they are nowhere near as bad as "news" outlets like fox which just spews lies nonstop and calls it news. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@ATroubledMan
When a timeline can be established of exactly when that took place, we can then establish who was lying. If Fauci was lying, I have no problem admitting to that. Trump could very well have pulled Fauci aside and told him he'd be fired if he didn't say that, we just don't know what happened yet, and hopefully it will all come out in the wash.

Fauci clearly said the first time he and the officials went the President agree. Did Trump pull him aside and threaten to fire him? Fauci has said no: he voluntarily says what he says. So is Fauci lying or is the media lying. Dates really don’t matter here. And the burden of proof is on you to prove that Trump threatened to fire him, otherwise it’s just a conspiracy theory.
ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@ILikePie5
Let him be the champion of the media. Majority of Americans don’t trust it anyways
Have a look at this article, very interesting read.

These questions allowed us to measure things a few different ways. For example, we could examine trust gaps between different groups of people for different news outlets. We found that CNN is trusted by 70% of self-described liberal Democrats, but only 16% of conservative Republicans – a gap of 54 percentage points. Conversely, Fox News is trusted by 75% of conservative Republicans but only 12% of liberal Democrats – a 63-point gap.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
But they are nowhere near as bad as "news" outlets like fox which just spews lies nonstop and calls it news. 

Difference between the two is that CNN claims they’re non-partisan when people on Fox like Sean Hannity admit they’re conservative. Honesty goes a long way as shown by the ratings for each channel.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@ATroubledMan
Have a look at this article, very interesting read.

These questions allowed us to measure things a few different ways. For example, we could examine trust gaps between different groups of people for different news outlets. We found that CNN is trusted by 70% of self-described liberal Democrats, but only 16% of conservative Republicans – a gap of 54 percentage points. Conversely, Fox News is trusted by 75% of conservative Republicans but only 12% of liberal Democrats – a 63-point gap.

How is this related to Fauci or the media lying? Fauci has clearly established that Trump agreed to do what he and the officials wanted the first time they went to him. So do you still agree with the media that Trump didn’t act fast enough? If you do blame the experts for not coming earlier.
ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@ILikePie5
Fauci clearly said the first time he and the officials went the President agree. Did Trump pull him aside and threaten to fire him? Fauci has said no: he voluntarily says what he says. So is Fauci lying or is the media lying. Dates really don’t matter here. And the burden of proof is on you to prove that Trump threatened to fire him, otherwise it’s just a conspiracy theory.
Again, we have no idea what happened, but we do know Trump has threatened and fired a lot of staff over his term so it would stand to reason he might have threatened Fauci. If that comes out, we'll then see. Until anything can be established, it's all speculation. 

ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@ILikePie5
How is this related to Fauci or the media lying? Fauci has clearly established that Trump agreed to do what he and the officials wanted the first time they went to him. So do you still agree with the media that Trump didn’t act fast enough? If you do blame the experts for not coming earlier.
Uh, did you see who and what comment I was responding? Try reading and comprehending before you post.

ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@ILikePie5
people on Fox like Sean Hannity admit they’re conservative. Honesty goes a long way as shown by the ratings for each channel.
Sean Hannity:

Mar 9: “This [coronvirus preparation] is scaring the living hell out of people — I see it, again, as like, let’s bludgeon Trump with this new hoax.”
Mar 11: shows people going after toilet paper, captioning it "“coronavirus hysteria."

Finally one of Trump's advisers got through his many layers of conceit, self-interest and science denial and Trump realized that this could be bad. He said as much. Hannity was then in a tough position - how to reconcile that with what he already said? TDS to the rescue!

Mar 17: everyone should “take the following crucial precautions over the next couple of weeks. Do it why? Because we love our grandmothers, our grandfathers, our older moms and dads. They are the most vulnerable. They are the most at risk.” That's Hannity scaring the living hell out of people, something he had just condemned CNN for.

Mar 18: "By the way, this program has always taken the coronavirus seriously. We’ve never called the virus a hoax.”

Unfortunately for Hannity, the Internet captures things he's said in the past, and so his lies were exposed.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ATroubledMan
you're right I did dismiss it without reading it and I shouldn't have done that, I'll go back and read it.

Trump reportedly delivered this statement to his own health and human services secretary, Alex Azar, after Azar tried to warn him that Covid-19 could escalate into a pandemic, the night before Trump issued the ban.
The first reported instance of a Covid-19 case in the US was confirmed on January 21. On January 31, Trump announced a restriction on all incoming travel from China, effective on February 2.
Jan 21 - Feb 2  12 days, seems reasonable

Fauci stressed that a huge number of considerations, from economic to logistical concerns, hampered the efforts, none of which are under Trump’s direct control.

did I miss anything important?

what are reasonable expectations in such an unknown situation and what role and responsibility do the states have?

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@ATroubledMan
Again, we have no idea what happened, but we do know Trump has threatened and fired a lot of staff over his term so it would stand to reason he might have threatened Fauci. If that comes out, we'll then see. Until anything can be established, it's all speculation

Exactly my point. Until Fauci or Birx say otherwise you should believe them over any second hand source especially after Fauci’s response to if his answer was voluntary. Just admit it dude, Trump did what the experts told him to do the first time they told him. Saying otherwise is a conspiracy theory.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@ATroubledMan
Uh, did you see who and what comment I was responding? Try reading and comprehending before you post.

Uh you were the one who tagged me...
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@ATroubledMan
And Sean Hannity has some of the highest ratings on television because he openly admits he supports Trump, whole garbage shows like Don Lemon’s claim they’re non-partisan but get garbage ratings.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
Difference between the two is that CNN claims they’re non-partisan when people on Fox like Sean Hannity admit they’re conservative. Honesty goes a long way as shown by the ratings for each channel.
there is a big difference between saying "i'm a conservative" and "I lie so constantly that you should ignore everything I say", which would be the far, far more accurate one. Anyone on Fox who events hints at a truth that they don't like is fired or attacked. There is no room for the truth on fox. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
there is a big difference between saying "i'm a conservative" and "I lie so constantly that you should ignore everything I say", which would be the far, far more accurate one. Anyone on Fox who events hints at a truth that they don't like is fired or attacked. There is no room for the truth on fox. 

There’s also a big difference between saying you’re non partisan while preaching fake news. For the media it’s all a ratings game. Fox simply does it better because of openly conservative people like Sean Hannity. Both CNN and Fox engage in “lying” behavior. I’m not defending Fox, just saying it has better ratings. You on the other hand seem to be defending CNN. Is this true?
ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Jan 21 - Feb 2  12 days, seems reasonable
what are reasonable expectations in such an unknown situation and what role and responsibility do the states have?
That's a good question, let's have a look at what transpired and what role and responsibility do the states have.

The US government received its formal notification of the outbreak in China on January 3 – and for 70 “squandered” days after that, did little to prepare.

Part of that is China’s fault. The country’s government repeatedly covered up the threat of the virus until January 20, when it finally admitted human-to-human transmission was happening and moved towards locking down Wuhan.

But China cannot be blamed for the ineptitude that followed those initial days.

By mid-January, Mr Trump’s Health Secretary Alex Azar had started to mobilise officials in his department to deal with a potential outbreak. However, he failed to bring the issue to the attention of the person who mattered most – the President.

On January 22, the day after the first coronavirus case in the US was identified, CNBC asked Mr Trump whether he was worried about a pandemic.

“No, not at all,” he said.

“We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

In late January, White House officials were fixated on stopping infected people from travelling to the US from China. So fixated, in fact, that they barely discussed America’s dangerously depleted stockpile of ventilators and other personal protective equipment.

Their work culminated in a travel ban barring non-citizens who had recently been in China from entering the country.

Hundreds of thousands of people had already made the trip by that point. Still, Mr Trump told Fox News the ban had “pretty much shut it (the virus) down”.

Throughout February, officials dithered and argued behind the scenes while the President, in front of the cameras, continued to brush off the threat.

“We’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up,” he claimed during a press conference on February 26, as cases within the US started to rise. He said there could be just “one or two” infected people in the near future.

There were 60 confirmed cases at that point. A month later, there were more than 10,000.

ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@ILikePie5
Uh you were the one who tagged me...
Exactly, it was in reference to this comment you made. I brought up some stats on peoples trust in the media, thought it would have been interesting for you to read considering you said "Majority of Americans"

"Let him be the champion of the media. Majority of Americans don’t trust it anyways"
ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@ILikePie5
Both CNN and Fox engage in “lying” behavior. I’m not defending Fox, just saying it has better ratings.
Have a look at the Pew article I linked for you, it shows the reasons why ratings are high or low for various networks.

ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@ILikePie5
And Sean Hannity has some of the highest ratings on television because he openly admits he supports Trump, whole garbage shows like Don Lemon’s claim they’re non-partisan but get garbage ratings.
That's a fair statement, I'm not sure who has better ratings, but I would have to ask if you think ratings is equivalent to valid reporting of news?

As well, do you think it's appropriate for a president to say things like this?

“Don Lemon, the dumbest man on television (with terrible ratings!).”