I left, the Democratic Party, to vote for Trump.

Author: YeshuaBought

Total: 206
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ATroubledMan
That's just a blatant fabrication.

The World Health Organization (WHO) last week finally declared the coronavirus from China that rapidly spread across the world a pandemic. Now, with more than 150,000 confirmed cases globally and more than 5,700 deaths, the question is why it took so long for the WHO to perceive what many health officials and governments had identified far earlier. 

We believe the organization’s director-general, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, like China’s Xi Jinping, should be held accountable for recklessly managing this deadly pandemic. Tedros apparently turned a blind eye to what happened in Wuhan and the rest of China and, after meeting with Xi in January, has helped China to play down the severity, prevalence, and scope of the COVID-19 outbreak.

From the outset, Tedros has defended China despite its gross mismanagement of the highly contagious disease. As the number of cases and the death toll soared, the WHO took months to declare the COVID-19 outbreak as a pandemic, even though it had met the criteria of transmission between people, high fatality rates and worldwide spread.

When President Trump took a critical step to stop the coronavirus at U.S. borders by issuing a travel ban as early as Jan. 31, Tedros said widespread travel bans and restrictions were not needed to stop the outbreak and could “have the effect of increasing fear and stigma, with little public health benefit.” He warned that interfering with transportation and trade could harm efforts to address the crisis, and advised other countries not to follow the U.S. lead. 

When he should have been focusing on global counter-pandemic efforts, Tedros instead was politicizing the crisis and helping Xi to shirk his responsibility for a series of wrongdoings in addressing the outbreak. Tedros used the WHO platform to defend the Chinese government’s gross violation of human rights. For example, from its first case discovered in November to its Wuhan lockdown, and even until today, China has been dishonest about the coronavirus’s origin and prevalence. People who tried to uncover it were detained or disappeared, their online reports and posts deleted. China has misinformed and misled the world, and Tedros joined this effort by publicly praising China’s “transparency” in battling the spread of the disease.

When Xi ordered Chinese health officials to speed up the development of drugs by using “integrated Chinese traditional herbal medicine and Western medicine,” the WHO’s official publication, “Q&A on coronaviruses (COVID-19),” made a subtle change. Chinese netizens found a discrepancy between the Chinese and English versions of a list of measures deemed ineffective against COVID-19. The English version listed four items — smoking, wearing multiple masks, taking antibiotics, and traditional herbal remedies. The fourth item was not included in the Chinese version. (Today the English version also has deleted that item.)

China recently pledged $20 million to help the WHO fight the COVID-19 outbreak, for which Tedros thanked Xi. But we note China’s connections to Tedros’s homeland of Ethiopia, now called East Africa’s “Little China” because it has become China’s bridgehead to influence Africa and a key to China’s Belt and Road initiative there. Indeed, China has invested heavily in Ethiopia.

Tedros was elected to his position with the WHO in 2017, despite the fact that he was not trained as a medical doctor and had no global health management experience. A former minister of health and minister of foreign affairs for Ethiopia, Tedros is an executive member of the Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) political party, which came to power through a struggle in 1991 and has been listed as a perpetrator in the Global Terrorism Database. After he became the WHO’s chief, critics questioned Tedros’s attempt to appoint then-Zimbabwe dictator Robert Mugabe as a WHO goodwill ambassador.

The coronavirus pandemic has shown that Tedros is not fit to lead the WHO. Because of his leadership, the world may have missed a critical window to halt the pandemic or mitigate its virulence. The world is now battling rising infections and many countries have imposed restrictions. As the leader of the WHO, Tedros should be held accountable for his role in mismanaging efforts to control the spread of the virus.

TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ATroubledMan
He's starting to listen to them, but he didn't before when he was saying things like the virus will disappear on it's own in April like magic or when he wanted to open the country by Easter. That definitely isn't advice any sane health official would offer. 

A new investigation reveals Trump ignored experts on Covid-19 for months

lol so Fauci is a liar?

Why not educate yourself? Catch up on the last 4 months of current events and you'll see for yourself.

you made the accusation/claim the burden is yours not mine.

ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
lol so Fauci is a liar?
Why is he a liar? Your video was from yesterday, not months ago when Trump was bungling. We need to listen to Fauci, not Trump.

you made the accusation/claim the burden is yours not mine.
I provided you plenty of information to go over but you decided to dismiss it out of hand.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Did you watch the recent gaslighting CNN did in real-time with their Chirons?

It's amazing!

"Angry Trump Uses Propaganda Video, Produced By Government Employees At Taxpayer Expense"
"Angry Trump Turns Briefing Into A Propaganda Session"
"Trump Uses Task Force Briefing to Rewrite History On Coronavirus Response"

What is funny is that CNN fake news didn't even air the "propaganda" videos, to "protect" their viewers from thoughtcrimes.

Ya my parents have CNN on all day cause that’s the first channel on the list. As soon as Trump started his videos during the briefing CNN switched to analysis. My dad was going crazy. He’s like wtf is this. Both my parents voted Obama twice and then Trump, just for context.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@ATroubledMan
Why is he a liar? Your video was from yesterday, not months ago when Trump was bungling. We need to listen to Fauci, not Trump.

Fauci has been asked the question in the past too and he said the same thing. But you and media think he’s lying right ?
ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@Greyparrot

From the link you provided:

"Fending off criticism that he made the appreciative remarks just to save China “face”, Tedros insisted that China “doesn’t need to be asked to be praised” for its efforts to contain the spread of the virus.

“China has done many good things to slow down the virus,” Tedros said. “The whole world can judge. There is no spinning here.”
Tedros added that his comments were not merely personal, but that they represented the view of the WHO.

He said one British board member of the agency characterised the Chinese decision to lock down Wuhan, a city of 11 million, as “heroic”.

The rest of your post was lifted from "The Hill" by a couple of political science profs. The paper itself stated the views of those guys were not that of the paper.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
The author of one article summed it up perfectly. I watch the news for facts not hot takes by someone else.
ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@ILikePie5
Fauci has been asked the question in the past too and he said the same thing. But you and media think he’s lying right ?

Where do you get the ridiculous idea I think he's lying?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@ATroubledMan
You’re citing evidence that directly contradict Fauci and Birx. Should I believe a primary source more or a secondary source? Who’s telling the truth? The media or Fauci cause one of them is lying.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ATroubledMan

what he says is inconsistent with your post, so did he ignore them or not, based on the video Fauci makes it clear when he and the other doc suggested something Trump acted immediately, so which is it?

A new investigation reveals Trump ignored experts on Covid-19 for months
I acknowledged several times that Trump says bad things, talks bad, grossly exaggerates blah blah blah  you have not shown any connection between that and any adverse outcomes related to covid.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
He’s been ghosting me cause we got him cornered. Either Fauci is lying or the media lying. Either way we win
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ILikePie5
He’s been ghosting me cause we got him cornered. Either Fauci is lying or the media lying. Either way we win
I don't understand why he's so evasive if he's so confident in his beliefs, if there was something negative in relation to covid I would have like to discuss it but he won't or can't.  It's a shame really that people can't emotionally detach themselves from the simplest of things to have a conversation about it.  Suffering from tds must be hell, my thoughts and prayers.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Suffering from tds must be hell, my thoughts and prayers.
Amen.

ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@ILikePie5
You’re citing evidence that directly contradict Fauci and Birx
No, I didn't.

Dr. Fauci: "If Trump had acted earlier, lives could have “obviously” been saved"

ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
what he says is inconsistent with your post, so did he ignore them or not, based on the video Fauci makes it clear when he and the other doc suggested something Trump acted immediately, so which is it?
Fauci gave no date as to when that happened and when pressed by a reporter, he said he didn't remember. That could have easily been well after Trump bungled.

I acknowledged several times that Trump says bad things, talks bad, grossly exaggerates blah blah blah  you have not shown any connection between that and any adverse outcomes related to covid.
Except for what I provided in all those links, some of which were posted to you, which you promptly ignored.
ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@ILikePie5
He’s been ghosting me cause we got him cornered.
Uh, no I haven't been ghosting you and no you don't have me cornered. Please grow up.
ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
 Suffering from tds must be hell, my thoughts and prayers.
Resorting to ad homs now? 

I don't understand why he's so evasive
Lying doesn't help your argument.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@ATroubledMan
Dr. Fauci: "If Trump had acted earlier, lives could have “obviously” been saved"

Lordy, didn’t you get the memo? Fauci clarified his statement.

"The first and only time that I went in and said we should do mitigation strongly, the response was, 'yes, we'll do it,'" Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told reporters in the White House briefing room on Monday evening.

Fauci said Monday evening that he didn't know the date he and Deborah Birx went to Trump to make a formal recommendation but insisted that Trump listened to the advice from public health experts, offering solidarity with Trump amid criticism of the White House response to the pandemic.

Asked by a reporter if he was clarifying his remarks voluntarily, Fauci shot back.
"Everything I do is voluntarily," Fauci said. "Please, don't even imply that."

So I’ll ask you once again. Is Fauci lying when he said Trump listened to the advice of experts?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ILikePie5
it was a vox link he used, so there's that, and the typical no named expert ghosts, but hey that's what passes as "facts" to some people.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ATroubledMan
You don't really need to explain why you Support China and support the WHO.

That you admit it is enough.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Let him be the champion of the media. Majority of Americans don’t trust it anyways

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Xi NN
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
It's almost like these folks can't possibly grasp the concept that you can be Orangemanbad while still being pissed off at China.

Why is it necessary and proper to praise China to be orangemanbad?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
They’re all over the place man just like Quid Pro Joe
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
I guess that's what happens after 3 years being told what to think and what you shouldn't be thinking by a person on TV making $20,000 a day.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Don’t forget about those online that read opinion pieces 24/7
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
It's so stupid. I remember watching a clip where Mark Dice randomly asked people in California the last book they read. Nearly all of them picked a book from high school if they could even remember reading a book.

People who don't read books have no clue what the hell is going on.

The "TLDR" crowd shouldn't be involved in major decisions.

I remember when the Mueller report was released, And I read the entire thing in a week. 

Afterward, I read Starr's Report for comparison contrast.

Everyone I tried to talk about it with seemed to be from another planet.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
So true. Even if it’s not about reality. Reading is important at any age. I read a crap ton back in middle school 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Fantasy books still teach you many things about human nature, the nature of the world, and logical causality. At least the good ones did.

That's why Hunger Games book 3 was such a let down since 1 and 2 were pretty good.

Book 3 didn't make any sense and didn't follow universal laws of human nature. It's almost like it was written solely to push a political narrative rather than to connect with the reader on universal concepts, much like some of the recent PC fantasy movies out of Hollywood like Capt Marvel and all of the Disney Star Wars.

Book 3 was an absolute chore to finish once the main protagonist character, Katniss became insane early in the book and lost all agency for her actions. Impossible to feel any connection to a zombie. I actually started rooting for the other side because at least they gave a reason for choosing their fate.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
I never read the Hunger Games for this reason; I just watched the movies. If ya ever need fantasy books tho I’m your man