Noah's ark doesn't make sense

Author: Alec

Total: 54
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@EtrnlVw
Well you know you aren't required to believe it, it won't change your relation or belief sin God. So, it doesn't really matter whether it happened or not. That doesn't mean there is no useful information in the Bible either, but you aren't required to believe in the Noah's Ark account as a literal account.

Ok. Not to mention you being so wrong about every word in your post above  as perfectly demonstrated by the Brother at post #23,  tell me, so what else is there in the scriptures that  does not have to be believed by a Christian?

How about the parting of sea that measures 438,000 km² with a wave of a stick?

Or The killing of thousand + people only armed with a jawbone of an animal?

Or
Walking on water?

Or 
Feeding 9,000 people with just a few loaves and even less fish?

Or
Making a  four day old stinking and rotting corpse comeback to life?

Or
What about a man dying, nailed to a cross after being beaten almost to death then  coming back to life three days later?

Does not a Christian have to believe in any of the above?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
Ok. Not to mention you being so wrong about every word in your post above  as perfectly demonstrated by the Brother at post #23

No, nothing was demonstrated by that lunatic lol, and he's probably an atheist not a Christian. He's just pretending to be one to make believers look like wackos. 

tell me, so what else is there in the scriptures that  does not have to be believed by a Christian?

The Noah's Ark tale is just a story, not an application. The only things in scripture that are important are things that are actually applicable, stories are nice and may contain valuable lessons but they aren't a requirement for anything that's silly. Noah's Ark is no more relevant than Moby Dick in terms of a persons spiritual condition and progress. Things that are applicable are the things a person can actually DO.

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@EtrnlVw

EtrnlVw,,

YOUR RUNAWAY QUOTE FROM THE TOPIC AT HAND IN POST #32:  "No, nothing was demonstrated by that lunatic lol, and he's probably an atheist not a Christian. He's just pretending to be one to make believers look like wackos." 

Barring the FACT that you do not address me personally when running away from my godly posts numbers 23 and 26 to you that explicitly shows you to be one of the most blatant biblically ignorant pseudo-christians on DEBATEART, so I am considered a "lunatic" for showing explicitly that you called Jesus a LIAR, along with other notable biblical characters as well?  Are you serious? Are you saying that you do not understand the ramifications of calling Jesus a LIAR? Bible Logic 101 easily escapes you, priceless!

What biblical scriptures support your Satanic rhetoric that what the Bible says in the case of the Great Flood narrative can be dismissed because they are not applicable relative to what a person can do?  Your OPINIONS, and/or hearsay, doesn't mean squat when relating to the scriptures if they are not supported by the scriptures, understood? Maybe? Yes? Do you need further instruction?

Now, your homework, to save you further embarrassment upon this forum, is to bring forth inspired by Jesus passages to support your position in your laughable post #32.  Otherwise, you are on embarrassing thin ice that will easily crack when I confront you in upcoming posts. Get it? Yeah, you do.

Sidebar:  Heads up, forum rules say that you are not to personally attack members with derogatory names like "lunatic," like you have done with me. In your case, I understand that you have to perform this act because you do not have a cogent response to my posts #23 and 26, other than to run away  from them in total embarrassment as shown.   Therefore, I do not want you to get banned because I haven't even started upon your Devil Speak in trying to rewrite the scriptures, understood?!

Oh, any luck yet on getting your post #4 removed to at least wipe some of the proverbial egg off of your face in the name of Satan?  You should band together with your equally Bible ignorant cohorts to message the moderators post haste to hopefully remedy this ungodly situation. You can thank me later for reminding you.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Your post #31 is very revealing and biblically sound, but do not expect a cogent answer from the Bible ignorant EtrnlVw anytime soon, or not at all, because like so many other pseudo-christians within DEBATEART, their stance towards seemingly disturbing passages and narratives is to just runaway from them, in part, by posting grade school responses like EtrnIVw has done with me.

With your overall posts upon this forum, the irony of which, you as an Atheist is more of a TRUE Christian like myself by bringing forth ALL, and I repeat, ALL of the Bible's inspired word to support your position, than any of the "pretend" Christians on DEBATEART!  These "pretend Christians" don't even have the sense to feel embarrassed about this fact as Jesus watches their ungodly stance like EtrnIVw, et al, has unequivocally shown us (Hebrews 4:13).

Stephen, the pseudo-christians within this thread, especially EtrnIVw, are all guilty of Jesus' inspired word forthwith: "For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." (2 Timothy 4:3). CASE CLOSED IN THE NAME OF JESUS, PRAISE!

NEXT?

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas

RELATING TO MELCHARAZ: 

Poor ol' Melcharaz referred a quote to me in his post #27; "the devil is the accuser of the brethern, just ignore thomas," whereas in actuality, the Devil is the one like Melcharaz who ran away from our discussion elsewhere within the Religion Forum! Whats new towards the pseudo-christian modus operandi of running? NOTHING!

We can only assume that Melcharaz is actually following the Jesus inspired passage herewith: "Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues." (Proverbs 17:28).  Good for Melcharaz, where at least this ONE TIME he is actually following Bible scripture!

NEXT? 

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Alec
when the Bible claims it did (2000 BCE).
Where, exactly, does the Bible make the claim that Noah was 2000 BCE?
Noah is the son of Methuselah, and was born, apparently, while Adam still lived, but was a child when Adam attained his final 980+ years, or not. Many claim Adam lived 4000 years ago, but there are genealogical biblical gaps, and how long did Adam live in Eden? We don't know. Adam could have been 10,000 years ago, or more. Who can say? Not by Bible genealogy, that's for sure. So, be certain your sources are accurate. Many in regard to Adam and the age of earth are up in the night.

How much room do you think is required if the ark is only 1/3 the size of Titanic if you have the DNA samples of 13M different animals? Are you going to tell me that ancient aliens were not around to help Noah? Aliens like Jehovah? And where does the count of 13M animals come from? Not the Bible. Not that it is descriptively accurate itself. God did not write it. Maybe much fewer than that are required to multiply and replenish the earth with evolutionary differentiation on a grand scale, and still have whole animals. Oh, creation can't include evolution? Who says? Not Darwin. Not God, either.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@BrotherDThomas
 Heads up, forum rules say that you are not to personally attack members with derogatory names

You're acting like a lunatic that's not an insult but it is certainly obvious. If I wanted to insult you I would have retaliated when you called me  "ignorant, and stupid" in post #23 (is that what you mean by derogatory names?). Now crawl back under your bridge and get a grip troll.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@EtrnlVw

EtrnlVw,

YOUR SYNTACTICAL IGNORANT QUOTE, LOL!!! : "If I wanted to insult you I would have retaliated when you called me  "ignorant, and stupid" in post #23 (is that what you mean by derogatory names?)"

Barring the fact that you are inept of the English language in its linguistic elements, as well as being biblically ignorant, produce my entire sentence in my post #23, within context, which is:  “There are times within this Religion Forum where I think, naw, the pseudo-christian like you can't get any more biblically dumbfounded, ignorant, and stupid, but then, ……… ”

The key word is “biblically,” understand? You are “biblically dumbfounded, ignorant, and stupid” and not NOT dumbfounded, ignorant, and stupid PERSONALLY, in which you have alluded too, understood? Huh? 2+2=4, yes?   As if you were not embarrassed enough with your Satanic rewriting of the scriptures, now you show the forum your flaws of understanding the English language as well!  When will you stop stepping in the proverbial poo?

What part of me saying to you that I do not want you to get banned because I haven't even started upon your Devil Speak in trying to rewrite the scriptures didn't you understand?  When you stated the following in your runaway post #37 to the main topic at hand: "Now crawl back under your bridge and get a grip troll" is in fact derogatory, and if the moderators followed the rules, you would get a time out and be banned, understood?  Jesus and I want you on this forum to show others as an example of what a true pseudo-christian acts and looks like in the name of Satan, GET IT?

Yes, we know your anemic post #37 was yet another "smoke screen" to not address my revealing post #33,  but I will await you addressing said post because I know you do not want to be known as a Satanic RUN AWAY to Jesus' true words within this forum, understand?  How embarrassing would this be piled upon your many other missteps? LOL!

BEGIN:

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@zedvictor4
A primitive what?

As ever there has always been clever folk and less clever folk.

Imagining a god in ones own image is pretty basic stuff....Especially if a clever clogs tells you what you should be imagining.

Though back in biblical times, I think you will find that civilisations were getting somewhat beyond primitive.
Actually, living solely for survival would be the most basic instinct without thought of where anything originated from, or what causes catastrophes. In the animal kingdom, physical needs are the only concern. And the further we go back in time, from a natural evolutionist standpoint, humans would be closer to the animal kingdom in thought. What reason should I have to assume an early human would have a tendency to wonder what god is causing his sex drive?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RoderickSpode
What reason should I have to assume etc.

That depends on how far you want to go back I suppose.

Though I would suggest that the essence of human physiological development/evolution in comparison to that of other species, is the development of the brain.

The ability to input, store, assimilate, utilise and communicate data.

So I think that it's fair to assume that Humans started to question a long, long time ago, their existence and their environment and the causes and effects of environmental forces upon themselves.

And so what causes would early thinking humans attribute to environmental forces that emanated somewhere beyond the limits of their primitive scientific capabilities of deduction and understanding?

Super-nature, an imperceptible presence and what better image to represent this than an unseen entity, perhaps human in form or perhaps otherwise.

And at some point  such data would have been communicated verbally and referred to using identifiable utterances, which eventually became collectively known as gods.

Modern god concepts and mythologies such as Christianity, Islam etc. may have been around for a few thousand years and seem somewhat primitive to us now.

But within in the timescale of human cognitive development, such modern religious concepts were only developed yesterday. 

But you already knew all this?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@EtrnlVw
Ok. Not to mention you being so wrong about every word in your post above  as perfectly demonstrated by the Brother at post #23

No, nothing was demonstrated by that lunatic lol, and he's probably an atheist not a Christian.

He demonstrated how wrong you was and still are, perfectly. And your own embarrassment won't be cloaked just because you deny it. And If he is an atheist then  he has more than proven that he knows these scriptures much better than you , doesn't he. Which is another reason for you to feel embarrassed.  

No, nothing was demonstrated by that lunatic lol, [.................]He's just pretending to be one to make believers look like wackos. 

Calling someone "lunatic" and a "wacko" will not win you an argument. 

tell me, so what else is there in the scriptures that  does not have to be believed by a Christian?

The Noah's Ark tale is just a story, not an application.

Opinion

The only things in scripture that are important are things that are actually applicable,

More opinion

stories are nice and may contain valuable lessons but they aren't a requirement for anything that's silly.

So is the story of a rotting and stinking four day old corpse coming to life just a "silly story"?

What about a man dying, nailed to a cross after being beaten almost to death then  coming back to life three days later? is that just a "silly story"?

Keeping in mind that the resurrection is the very foundation on which Christianity is built on.

"And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.1 Corinthians 15:14"

You really aught to learn  your own scriptures.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Even though you are an Atheist, you know more about the Bible than the Hell bound EtrnlVw which is quite an irony.  I have engaged many pseudo-christians over the years, but I HAVE NEVER come across one like EtrnlVw where he actually had the audacity to call Jesus a LIAR, along with the other esteemed biblical characters within the scriptures, as I have blatantly shown in my very revealing post #23!  

As is easily shown within this thread, EtrnlVw actually thinks that by calling me derogatory names in his subsequent grade school posts to me, THAT DO NOT ADDRESS THE MAIN TOPIC AT HAND, is a plausible refutation to him being guilty of calling Jesus the Christ a LIAR!  This alludes to the probable fact that EtrnlVW is very, very young and is a truly inexperienced pseudo-christian relative to the faith.

This must be a very embarrassing moment for EtrnlVw, especially in front of his assumed friends that are also within this thread looking at his runaway stance to Jesus' inspired passages. Where these said passages have found him guilty of woeful biblical ignorance that has landed him a one-way E-ticket ride to the depths of the burning sulfur lakes of Hell upon his demise!  Praise Jesus' revenge upon the ungodly!

Furthermore, I am sure you have noticed within this thread that the equally Bible ignorant Fauxlaw looks to be vying to be more Bible ignorant than EtrnlVw with his comical subjective unsupported opinions taking precedent over Jesus' inspired words within the scriptures!  Unfortunately, DEBATEART Religion forum is turning into a bastion of some of the most ungodly Bible ignorant pseudo-christians on the internet!  Sad indeed.

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@zedvictor4
Would it be logical to question why any primitive, no matter far we go back would create a god concept?

What purpose would it serve to create a god that is displeased with actions they deemed pleasurable?

Have you ever pondered the existence of god/a creator?
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
Certain aspects of this thread would make some good debates. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RoderickSpode
It's good to question, hence god concepts....And for as long as "primitives" have possessed the ability to manipulate data then they would have questioned and primitively hypothesised.

Imagine a god and consequently imagine a gods displeasure when things go wrong and hypothesise that a gods displeasure is resultant of an action.

Yes all the time. Though I find popular deism and religion with all it's associated ritual, somewhat ridiculous. I tend to view the god principle a functional process, of which evolutionary development and consequently organic life is very much a part.... God creates us and we create god if you like....No ritualism required.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
EtrnlVw where he actually had the audacity to call Jesus a LIAR,

Well he has just condemned all of Christianity to the flames, hasn't he? : with this anti Christian gobbledygook

EtrnlVw wrote post #32
The Noah's Ark tale is just a story, not an application. The only things in scripture that are important are things that are actually applicable, stories are nice and may contain valuable lessons but they aren't a requirement for anything that's silly. Noah's Ark is no more relevant than Moby Dick in terms of a persons spiritual condition and progress. Things that are applicable are the things a person can actually DO.
I am still waiting for a response to  my questions on what other biblical stories from these scriptures we can regard a being "silly" and that are not "applicable" to Christians or Christianity.
Are  Christians now to simply regard the story of the Christ's death and resurrection,  the very foundation of Christianity, as   "just silly story" ? 

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Pertaining to the pseudo-christian EtrnlVw, I think that any reputable Christian discussion forum should have in their bylaws; that if you perceive yourself as a Christian, and you make claims from your opinions and/or hearsay that are not supported biblically, like our pseudo-christian EtrnlVw has done in this thread alone, you should be equally warned in the same vein as other infractions that are not permitted as well.

The problem arises that it is too easy to become a Christian, where in essence you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, and "poof," you're in the club, and that's it!  Subsequently you are spoon fed your doctrine at a myriad of different and contradicting divisions of churches around the nation, where even though they contradict each other in their doctrine and understanding, and at times they have their own rewritten bibles, they are all only the correct division of the faith. 

Therefore, with the topic of this thread, poor ol' pseudo-christian EtrnlVw got his hands caught in the proverbial Cookie Jar, and seemingly now he is in hiding to save himself from any further embarrassment.  The normal MO of a pseudo-christian, RUN, and in this case, others will forget about his calling Jesus a LIAR!

I am still awaiting EtrnlVw to fully address my very revealing post #23, other than to RUN AWAY from it!  Furthermore, EtrnlVw has yet to address the fact that Jesus and I slapped more egg upon his face in my posts 26, 33, and 38, which they too, go embarrassingly unanswered!

I personally can gain solace in knowing that Jesus will certainly deal with EtrnlVw drastically upon Judgment Day, praise!

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
i dont know about anyone else.... but i find this thread highly laugh out loud entertaining. 
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas

n8nrgmi,

YOUR INSOLENT QUOTE: "i dont know about anyone else.... but i find this thread highly laugh out loud entertaining. "

As if the pseudo-christian EtrnlVw isn't embarrassed enough in this thread, what gives you the notion in joining him by laughing out loud when the topic in question is about Yahweh Jesus being a serial killer when he initiated His Great Flood upon His JEWISH creation?  Is it laughable to you in the Great Flood scenario as innocent zygotes, fetus' and babies were drowning a horrific death along with their mothers?

Do a mind visual to see innocent babies that are allegedly evil were being drowned a horrible death by hopelessly treading water in Yahweh/Jesus' Great Flood for hours as they cried out in horror to their mothers in horror. Think of their muscles being burned due to large amounts of lactic acid production as they were treading the cold ocean waters. Then, once they finally gave up, they went under into the ocean depths and held their little breaths where acidic carbon dioxide eroded their little lungs until the unbearable pain forced them to inhale where there was no air for them to breathe. All the while, our ever loving and forgiving serial killing Yahweh/Jesus God was watching. (Hebrews 4:13) 

Therefore, what gives you the right to laugh out loud to this horrific biblical situation?  BLASPHEME!

In the meantime, have you seen EtrnlVw possibly running past your house to hide from this thread where he was made the biblical fool?  If you see him, tell him to get his Satanic presence back in here because Jesus, myself, Stephen, and others are not done with him yet!

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@BrotherDThomas
u keep on bein' hilarious. so i can't stop laughin'. 
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@BrotherDThomas
known number of species of said animals on earth at this time, which is approximately 1.2 million
It's more than this.  It's 6.5 million land species.  Species take a long time to form.

I don't see that many animals fitting on a boat 1/3 the size of the titanic.

The size of Noah's ark is about 120 meters x, 20 meters wide, and 12 meters high Noah's ark, yielding 2880 cubic meters of space.  The titanic was about 4632.8 cubic meters in space.  It's still smaller than the titanic and the titanic couldn't store all those animals.
Tyrone_Rexx
Tyrone_Rexx
-->
@Barney
Your choice to ignore the messages received from moderation (prior to the ban), does not bridge the gap into them not existing as you previously insisted.

At this time, your appeal is rejected. If in 90 days you wish to appeal again, please go through the proper channels, instead of mounting continued CoC violations against yourself.
Your relentless bias and one-tracked mindedness never cease to amuse, do they?

For your information, I had no "choice". And yet the message I sent to you seems not to have existed....very strange.

And, considering that your "proper channels" link does not exist, I still have no choice anyway.

It seems that you are very keen indeed on promulgating things that do not exist.

Nevertheless, since you have forcibly and unjustly relegated me to be some sort of outlaw, what choice do I have?

I shall still continue to highlight the hypocracy, bullying and misinformation disseminated by others hellbent on promoting their own nefarious, self-serving agenda.

At least you should be appreciative that there is something filling the forum page because let's face it, there ain't much going on, is there?
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@Willows
I'm sorry that after nearly a month you're having trouble with the link. Please try again.
Tyran_Ohrex
Tyran_Ohrex
-->
@Barney
I'm sorry that after nearly a month you're having trouble with the link.
I bet you are.