Why do scripter beleivers cherry pick verses

Author: CaptainSceptic

Total: 93
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@Tradesecret
Still awaiting replies to posts 30, 44, 46, and 89.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Tradesecret

Tradesecret,

YOUR WANTING POST WHERE YOU GRASP FOR STRAWS THAT ARE NOT THERE TO BEGIN WITH:  “Using the word " think" is not me being uncertain. In fact for many people using the word think actually means they are sure.”

First thing, use your word "think" in its proper syntactical sentence structure, where you forgot the pronoun "I" as in, "I think," get it?  Nice ruse, but you were caught again!

YOUR INITIAL ABSOLUTE STATEMENT OF WHICH YOU ARE TRYING TO WIGGLE OUT OF IN YOUR IGNORANT OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE  POST ABOVE:  “As for fulfilling the law, I don't think it ceased.”

Since you are inept of the English language, in writing, the term "I think" is a qualifying phrase that indicates some degree of uncertainty, where the meaning of such words together indicate being an opinion, and most certainly ambiguous, where it is NOT an absolute sense!    2+2=4, oil and water don’t mix, and you trying in vain to wiggle out of your misstatement is not only revealing, but it digs your embarrassing hole even deeper! LOL   Next time, know when to just STFU to save yourself further embarrassment, understood?! YES? MAYBE?  :(

YOUR UNGODLY QUOTE AGAIN: “I am sure that Jesus did not abolish the law. Yet, I understand law in the sense of the underlying reason for the law in the first place. I don't get caught up in the letter of the law - but rather am addressing the spirit of the law. “

The “letter of the law” is an ABSOLUTE in the literal form, where your subjective understanding of “the spirit of the law” is just another opinion of a pseudo-christian like yourself.  With that being said, this is why there’re so many different and contradicting DIVISIONS of the faith, understood?

Since you proffer that Jesus did not abolish the law, of which I agree for obvious reasons relating to His Sermon on the Mount, then you agree that this command is to be followed today: “For anyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother; his blood is upon him.” (Leviticus 20:9). GOOD FOR YOU!  The irony of following ALL of Jesus' inspired word, is the fact that there are NOT enough prisons to house the pseudo-christians when they follow them!

You are excused at this time to try and regroup once again.

NEXT?

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@PGA2.0

PGA2.0,

YOUR COMICAL QUOTE: "BrotherD is all bluster and lack of substance. He clearly does not understand the biblical Revelation or it's significance and I  have found dialogue with him is futile ."

Is my alleged lack of substance the reason you had to RUNAWAY FROM OUR DISCUSSION???!  HELLO!  LOL

As if you aren't embarrassed enough because of your RUNAWAY status to our discussion, you are still whining about it.  Priceless admittance!

You are again dismissed in shame.