Author: Lucky

Read-only
Total: 804
airmax1227
Debates: 0
airmax1227
-->
@Danielle
Where do you play Live Mafia? That's what I thought this was. I thought we were setting up a Live game during quarantine because everyone was home. 

We occasionally set up Discord hangouts... We definitely need to do it again soon, since we don't do it that often... This weekend would actually be great for it since a lot of us have long weekends for the holiday...
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
Where do you play Live Mafia? That's what I thought this was. I thought we were setting up a Live game during quarantine because everyone was home. 
We use discord. Maybe I can set up some live mafia for this weekend if you are down. I can see whose interested. We've played a couple times over the last couple months, usually we get really big turn outs.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@airmax1227
great minds think alike
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Lunatic
I am kind of leaning towards no lynching now with Objectivity being vanilla. Part of my read on Ragnar had to do with them being potential scum buddies. While the remaining points on Ragnar still hold true, I am not sure I want to risk a mis-lynch at this juncture. 

Unvote. VTNL

It is way too early for that.  I will UNVOTE for now, but saying that we're just going to VTNL is premature.  

What do you think of the fact that Max thinks we are scum buddies?

rofl 
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@coal
At least one of those things is to be active and engaged.  At least one other is to be posting fairly insightful reads
Fair enough, though I can't imagine I've ever posted anything insightful on any DP1 in any mafia game I've ever played
Lucky
Lucky
Official Vote Count

Ragnar [2]: Danielle (180), sui_generis (184),
Danielle [1]: oromagi (80),
Lunatic [1]: Zaradi (204),
sui_generis [1]: Ragnar (332),
VTNL [1]: Lunatic (480),
Objectivity [0]:
oromagi [0]:
coal [0]:
Zaradi [0]:
airmax1227 [0]:

Not Voting [2]: airmax1227, coal (484),

With 8 in play, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 7:10pm EST Friday, May 22nd.

coal
coal
-->
@airmax1227
Have you finished reading the DP?
Zaradi
Debates: 4
Zaradi
To be clear, even with the modkill, there is precisely one world where advocating for a NL is an option, and that's at MYLO where town legitimately has no idea what to do. To, again, be clear, we're not in that world. We never no lynch D1. Absent an actual wagon to analyze, Objectivity's flip doesn't actually give us a lot of information to go off of. NLing give scum a free pass out of the dayphase.
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@coal
Have you finished reading the DP?

No, I'm a few pages away... I'll continue to reply to random stuff I think is worth replying to, but I'm starting to get hassled by the GF so I'll probably wait until tomorrow evening to post anything remotely useful
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@coal
It is way too early for that.  I will UNVOTE for now, but saying that we're just going to VTNL is premature.  

What do you think of the fact that Max thinks we are scum buddies?

rofl 
I figured it was a joke. He is probably mock astonished that I was defending you against his OMGUS read on you, given our history of dis-agreement. If it isn't a joke, well I suppose I am curious to hear his thoughts.
Lunatic
Lunatic
To be clear, even with the modkill, there is precisely one world where advocating for a NL is an option, and that's at MYLO where town legitimately has no idea what to do. To, again, be clear, we're not in that world. We never no lynch D1. Absent an actual wagon to analyze, Objectivity's flip doesn't actually give us a lot of information to go off of. NLing give scum a free pass out of the dayphase.
We are at 8 v 2.
Mislynch, nk 6 v 2
Mislynch, nk 4 v 2
Mislynch, nk 2 v 2

Seems we still have 3 mislynches, so whoever did the math earlier was wrong. I was under the assumption we only had one more after this, in which case I definitely didn't want the game to potentially end after DP2. You can dis-agree with me about that if you want, I don't really care. Your reputation shows you when you are out-witted you won't respond lol. 

VTL Ragnar.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
We should still have 3 mislynches even with the objectivity mis hap
Danielle
Danielle
I'm gonna keep my vote on Ragnar but feel strongly about Sui and Oro contributing before this day phase ends. 

TUF, I'm surprised you'd vote no lynch. This seems out of character... noted.

What's discord? I'd be down to play Live mafia. I feel like I threw that out at the start of quarantine somewhere. For awhile I was so friggin bored but I've been busy this last week. A Friday night might be good cuz my partner's probably gonna be working so I won't feel bad about ignoring her. 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
Just saw this post about mislynch options. I was willing to entertain a No Lynch even without the modkill, but at this point I feel like building a lynch wagon is more useful than NL. For instance if Ragnar was scum and you unvoted him, that might have been interesting. So I do want to lynch someone but I think it's important Sui and Oro post first. I'm curious about their thoughts on Ragnar and their reads of everyone else up until this point in the game. 
Zaradi
Debates: 4
Zaradi
-->
@Lunatic
 Your reputation shows you when you are out-witted you won't respond lol. 
Kappa or Keepo?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
TUF, I'm surprised you'd vote no lynch. This seems out of character... noted.
It's not out of character at all actually. One of the biggest mafia theory debates I've ever had on DDO was with drafterman about whether the standard to no lynch dp1 at the time was better than lynching dp1 all the time. I was against lynching DP1. While I have kind of conformed a bit to being okay with lynching DP1, I still prefer a more conservative playstyle.

What's discord? I'd be down to play Live mafia. I feel like I threw that out at the start of quarantine somewhere. For awhile I was so friggin bored but I've been busy this last week. A Friday night might be good cuz my partner's probably gonna be working so I won't feel bad about ignoring her. 
Discord is a chat site that we've found works a bit better than google hangouts. For one, you can have more than ten people. Also the quality is very good and its free.
Create an account on discord.gg and I'll send you the link to my discord channel. I'll message some people and see who'se down for Friday.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
Turns out I have an account there already (who knew!). I can't tell what my username is but I was able to log in with email. 
coal
coal
-->
@Danielle
I'm gonna keep my vote on Ragnar but feel strongly about Sui and Oro contributing before this day phase ends. 

I am still willing to VTL Ragnar though I need to reevaluate since one of my working theories for the scum team was Ragnar and Objectivity.  With Objectivity flipping town I need to reassess, though as I previously said Objectivity's affiliation isn't per se indicative of Ragnars and that is just one of three options.  The other potential options are Ragnar and Oro, and Ragnar and Sui, as you seem to be thinking also.  

But if I am wrong then my adding the vote to Ragnar at this time puts him back at L-1 (I think) which could prematurely end the DP, and for that reason I think the more prudent approach is to keep things as they stand now while further discussion develops.  I also do not want Ragnar at L-1 before Max has read the full DP, and I want to see how other people respond to Max.  
sui_generis
sui_generis
-->
@Zaradi

I clicked "like" on #273 before I saw #274 lol. I'm not that incisive a scum hunter, but I appreciate this line of thinking and am amenable to following it. 

I haven't read past this point yet, as of my making this post. 

Lucky
Lucky
~~~
coal
coal
-->
@airmax1227
Please finish.  The rest is short and I want to know what, if anything, you think about Objectivity's modkill and what implications it has, if any, to what should be happening.   That should take 25 mins at most. 
Lucky
Lucky
Official Vote Count

Ragnar [3]: Danielle (180), sui_generis (184), Lunatic (491),
Danielle [1]: oromagi (80),
Lunatic [1]: Zaradi (204),
sui_generis [1]: Ragnar (332),
Objectivity [0]:
oromagi [0]:
coal [0]:
Zaradi [0]:
airmax1227 [0]:

Not Voting [2]: airmax1227, coal (484),

With 8 in play, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 7:10pm EST Friday, May 22nd.

sui_generis
sui_generis
yeah don't end this dp before I finish reading and contributing. gonna eat food rn, then continue from #274. 

objectivity + oromagi + zaradi + ragnar + lunatic (can we stop calling him tuf pls 🥺🥺) are the people whose motivations are most opaque to be rn 

this site on my phone feels a bit claustrophobic, but I'm hoping I will be able to focus enough to build a working conception of their respective personalities / postures to the game 

sui_generis
sui_generis
wait objectivity was mod killed WTF LMAO 

k eating fast 

sui_generis
sui_generis
unvote
coal
coal
-->
@sui_generis
What about what happened made you no longer vote for Ragnar? 
coal
coal
With Sui removing his vote from Ragnar my prior concerns about potentially accidentally ending the DP too soon are abated.

I replace my vote on ragnar, accordingly.

VTL Ragnar 

We should still not prematurely end the DP, but as noted previously I do not see objectivity flipping town as indicating Ragnar is not scum which is why I thought lynching Objectivity before Ragnar was futile.  

coal
coal
I note as well that Oro's vote on Danielle makes absolutely no sense to me at all.
coal
coal
-->
@Zaradi
Why are you maintaining your vote on Lunatic (TUF)?
coal
coal
-->
@oromagi
With Objectivity out, I want your full list of reads and a statement the basis for those reads.  I want your reactions to what has happened so far.  I want to know why you are not voting for Ragnar, and I want to know whether you are still scum reading Danielle in view of the fact that she is obviously town.