Themeless Mafia 1 - Day Phase 1

Author: Lucky

Read-only
Total: 804
Zaradi
Debates: 4
Zaradi
Also if people are lurking right now they need to be posting instead: the day phase is about to end and we need a lynch target.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@coal
TUF has absolutely no basis for town reading Ragnar other than the supposed claim Ragnar made, which TUF either understood too well or didn't understand at all. 

The claim should be enough. If he is lying it will be shown, but I think it's almost safe to say that based on zaradi, him lying seems nearly out of the question. That said, if you are still thinking Ragnar is potential scum, why don't you also suspect zaradi? If you think my defending of ragnar is scummy, why not zaradi?

And TUF was on the Ragnar lynch up until it became obvious, at least, to him that being on that lynch would be very, very bad.  
Correct... I didn't want to participate on a lynch that is bad for town lol.

Moreover, TUF is now acting like anyone who disagrees with his divine revalation (read: informed perspective) is scum by default, while criticizing me (incorrectly) and warning Danielle that I am going to do the same thing.  
Quite the opposite really; I was willing to dismiss your interactions with zaradi and I after ragnar claimed initially as just missing the point. The fact that you turned on me for stating what I feel should have been obvious, showed it in a more malicious light. You voted me because of a dis-agreement, and I chose to see what that might mean. That action doesn't come from a town motivation.

Yet, he town reads Danielle and VTL's me.  Recall that Danielle and I have basically the same reads, albeit for different reason, on Ragnar and have for the whole DP.

If I think you are both scum, does it matter who I vote for? That said, I will tell you why I am on you specifically instead of Danielle. Your actions directly after Ragnar revealed, where you were fishing for information town DID NOT need, was so inherently scummy. In the off-chance Danielle is actually town and just blind, there is a lot less excuse for your actions. 

TUF was on board too, for a long time.  Danielle's and my reads haven't changed; they are still consistent. 
Why is changing reads a bad thing? Are you arguing that tunnel vision is pro-town? Also said you have FOS'ed basically everyone but zaradi and Danielle, if that's the case you reads have changed because you can't think there are 5 scum in this set up lol.

I changed my read on Ragnar in light of new information that should have changed basically anyone's mind on him who had  been voting for him. 

But TUF scum reads me while cautioning Daneille that I'm going to turn.   This is manipulative anti-town behavior.  It's neither logically consistent nor indicative of town intentions; it is rather TUF setting me up for a myslynch for tomorrow 
So it's manipulative to show how you are being manipulative? You changed your solid town read on me at the beginning of the game THE INSTANT a case came out against me. Nevermind the case was built on mis-representation, the second you thought Lunatic didn't look so wildly town to everyone else, you distanced the fvck away. That's scummy as fvck lol. If Danielle is town she should know how you treat your 'town bloc'.

And keep in mind TUF was on that same boat too... until he wasn't, and now he's just going to totally forget about everything that happened in the DP and expects me to do the same, and scum reads me for not doing that; while town reading Danielle despite the fact that she reached the same conclusion independently?  

So this confirms my prior assessment that TUF is scum.  

Reminder:  VTL TUF for death 

None of this has much to do with your prior assessment. This sums up to this: Lunatic is becoming a problem for the mafia. Let's get rid of Lunatic. lol
sui_generis
Debates: 0
sui_generis
-->
@Danielle
@Lunatic
@coal
@Barney
@Zaradi
because I'm still catching up. 

I skimmed #640–#700 but I recognize the substance there.

I'm fine with Ragnar but prefer Lunatic for the reasons Coal stated

VTL Lunatic

and if he turns scum then I'd favor at Max. 
sui_generis
sui_generis
I'd expect Danielle and Ragnar to support lunatic lynch 
sui_generis
sui_generis
I'll be here in time to hammer Ragnar if needed though, so consider me here for the town wagon. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@sui_generis
Thanks for the stellar contribution pal lol. Wow. 
Lucky
Lucky
Official Vote Count

Ragnar [2]: Danielle (180), oromagi (669),
coal [2]: Lunatic (646), Ragnar (649),
Lunatic [2]: coal (635), sui_generis (723),
Danielle [0]:
Objectivity [0]:
oromagi [0]:
Zaradi [0]:
airmax1227 [0]:
sui_generis [0]:

Not Voting [2]: airmax1227, Zaradi (710),

With 8 in play, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day 1 ends in 3 hours and 7 minutes, at 7:10pm EST Friday, May 22nd.

Lunatic
Lunatic
If I'm getting lynched I'll accept that, but take what I've said about Coal and danielle with a grain of salt going into next DP. Also don't be surprised if Ragnar isn't killed, that would be a clever scum move to make him look scummy. Keep in mind the reason I am getting lynched too, because I stood up for Ragnar. If Ragnar is still being pursued by Coal and Danielle next Day Phase, you all should be getting some major red flags lol. 

Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@sui_generis
That is not the vote I expected you to have but that's okay because it means we can probably get the Luna lynch.

Vote: Lunatic

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@sui_generis
@oromagi
Also please for the love of god stop blindly following the post leader coal. Just because he has more time to post and is on virtually every page of the game doesn't mean what he is saying and doing is right. This will be clear when I flip, but think for your god damn selves. I am mostly referring to Oro and sui here. Ya'll straight turned into sheep at the end of this phase.
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Lunatic
 Keep in mind the reason I am getting lynched too, because I stood up for Ragnar.
Let's be perfectly clear: this isn't why you're being lynched and you know it.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Zaradi
Let's be perfectly clear: this isn't why you're being lynched and you know it.
Why in your words am I being lynched? I am genuinely curious. When mis-lynched here I will vehemently defend my town actions in the end game. I haven't done anything scummy.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
@Lucky
Can dead town players replace back in the game? If so, and I am lynched, I'll take Oro's spot if he doesn't want it.
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Lunatic
 I haven't done anything scummy.
The sad thing is that I can believe that you believe this is true. Which says some sadly disappointing things about how mafia is played on DART.

inb4 you won't explain to me why I'm scum so you must not have a reason. Trying to convince you that you are scum is the epitome of not fucking helpful
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Zaradi
You said:

I'm gonna throw this out there: if Ragnar's lynched today and I get shot tonight, I think there's strong merit to pressuring coal. Because holy shit I don't think I can say it any different way without hardclaiming.
I am going to be extremely busy for the next few hours and won't be able to post. I'm fine unvoting Ragnar because I assume mafia will NK him tonight.

Vtl Lunatic because it's either that or NL and I'll let you all decide.  I'm not sureI'll be back before 8:30 pm... let me know if LiveMafia is happening tonight plz. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Zaradi
The sad thing is that I can believe that you believe this is true. Which says some sadly disappointing things about how mafia is played on DART.
Says the guy who builds a case on a mis-representation and dips when confronted about it lol.

inb4 you won't explain to me why I'm scum so you must not have a reason. Trying to convince you that you are scum is the epitome of not fucking helpful
This is a non-answer. I know why you think I am scum; It's pretty bogus, but that aside you said I am ultimately not being lynched for defending ragnar. However most of the last votes on me are for precisely for that reason. So what in your infinite wisdom is the real reason?
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
You scum read coal and he is my strongest town read. Not tunneling me is the only way he isn't playing to his/a town meta. And obvs I know I'm town so at this point it seems like you aren't doing anything pro town. I haven't done the math so I dunno if a NL is in town's best interest today. I'm fine with a NL but if lynching is preferable, I would pick you (for aforementioned reasons) or an inactive and that's just annoying. Oro needs to post since he "checked in." G2G for now. 
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Danielle
I hate your answer. If you look at 662 where you say
 I dunno if Lunatic hinted at having a role though (Zaradi did)
that's time stamped as posted eight minutes before you posted 663 where you say
I just remembered this post. If you're the mason, say so. If you're not then I have no idea why you would say this.
So I highly doubt this was the reason you had at the time of writing 662. What was that reason?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
You scum read coal and he is my strongest town read. Not tunneling me is the only way he isn't playing to his/a town meta. And obvs I know I'm town so at this point it seems like you aren't doing anything pro town.
Well. just remember, coal thinks he is being clever. If you are town and he thinks playing you around his finger will work, then he will do it. If you are town, and I hope I am wrong about you, you are probably the only one here with enough independent thought processes to oppose Coal later on, so I do hope you'll be open minded if that is the case. If your scum, well then, mafia got pretty lucky to have the most active free-thinkers on their side. Not that the other players are bad; but when the post counts get too high they seem more prone to follow the leader than to try and form independent thoughts. That seems pretty clear about now.

All you have to do to win is spam the Day phase like Coal with large blocks of text that people are unlikely to read.
Zaradi
Zaradi
@Lunatic: If you think my reasoning for why you're scum is bad because I'm not going to debate the finer points of the case for why you're scum with you, then that's a level of stupid that I can't really help.

Also your reading comprehension needs work if all you've gotten from recent posts against you is "you stood up for Ragnar" as if just that literal statement is the reason.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Zaradi
@Lunatic: If you think my reasoning for why you're scum is bad because I'm not going to debate the finer points of the case for why you're scum with you, then that's a level of stupid that I can't really help.
I doubt you even read the finer points lol. If you were truly open minded you would have taken them with a grain of salt for possible re-consideration. You are so stubborn and have your mind made up though, that at this point I feel you want me lynched more for vindictive reasons that actually wanting to win the game. Real townies shouldn't play the way you are playing. The sad thing is that you probably are town, and that is what makes you all the more infuriating.

Also your reading comprehension needs work if all you've gotten from recent posts against you is "you stood up for Ragnar" as if just that literal statement is the reason.
If I would have stayed tunnel vision on ragnar (which you should admit is anti-town based on your own interpretations of events) I wouldn't be at L-1 right now. That is the most infuriating thing, is I saw the same thing you did when you were pestering Coal after Ragnars claim, and you still want to see us as enemies here. 
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Zaradi
I agree with your statement. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Lunatic

Also please for the love of god stop blindly following the post leader coal. Just because he has more time to post and is on virtually every page of the game doesn't mean what he is saying and doing is right. This will be clear when I flip, but think for your god damn selves. I am mostly referring to Oro and sui here. Ya'll straight turned into sheep at the end of this phase.
For me, coal & TUF are playing the same game- generate a lot of conflict and hope for revealing responses.  I'm not crazy about his approach because it generates a lot of fluff and unsubstantiated allegation and internecine conflict with very little payoff.  I like data.  Right now, the only real data we have is that Ragnar claims that mafia must be x or y and we've made a lot of unconfirmed presumptions based on that one claim.  Nothing that comes after Ragnar's claim improves Ragnar's claim which is suspicious but I'm not antagonistic to TUF's argument that PRs should remain quiet.

I want data and Ragnar has some.  He can either convince us what he say is true or help confirm some thing by getting lynched.  If anybody, I feel like I'm following Danielle rn because she is staying focused on the same data I am.
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Lunatic
If I would have stayed tunnel vision on ragnar (which you should admit is anti-town based on your own interpretations of events) I wouldn't be at L-1 right now. 
Not necessarily true, but not necessarily false either. It's the manner in which you do something that you're being scumread for, not the literal act of doing something a.k.a. the "behavioral analysis" boogyman.
Zaradi
Zaradi
I like data.  Right now, the only real data we have is that Ragnar claims
The crux of the problem with mafia on DART.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Zaradi
Not necessarily true, but not necessarily false either. It's the manner in which you do something that you're being scumread for, not the literal act of doing something a.k.a. the "behavioral analysis" boogyman.
But your vote was on me before the whole instance with ragnar, so for you it didn't make a difference did it? You were happy no matter what happened, as long as I was lynched, you ignorant prick.
coal
coal
Can someone who is in the other game with Oro please clarify whether he is being active there, or not?  
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Zaradi
The crux of the problem with mafia on DART.
Oh get off your high horse of what you think the crux of all issues with DART mafia are lol. I was in most of the games you were in on this site, I don't remember any game-breaking town play coming from your ass.  Your on the same high horse as Lucky and lucky rage quit early in the first game he played. Not a shred of humility in either of you lol
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Lunatic
you ignorant prick.
It's probably better for both of us if we stop this line of conversation.
coal
coal
-->
@Lunatic
But your vote was on me before the whole instance with ragnar, so for you it didn't make a difference did it? You were happy no matter what happened, as long as I was lynched, you ignorant prick.
Zaradi may be able to be a brat but there is nothing about what he has said so far that is ignorant.