Themeless Mafia 1 - Day Phase 1

Author: Lucky

Read-only
Total: 804
Lucky
Debates: 0
Lucky
Welcome to Themeless Mafia. This is an invite-only game. When the idea for this game came about, mafia on DebateArt was on hiatus. The goal of this game is to help stimulate quality mafia on the site by bridging the gap between oldschool DDO veterans and current DebateArt players.

Rules

- Please treat your fellow players with respect. This game can get heated at times, but toxicity, harassment, and personal insults will not be tolerated.
- Do not talk about this game while it is ongoing outside of the threads that I have created for this game. Do not discuss other ongoing games in this thread.
- Cryptography/illegible/tiny text is forbidden. Breadcrumbing is fine and does not break this rule.
- Provable randomness is not allowed. You can use random.org to make decisions and you can say "I used random.org," but you cannot post screenshots of your results.
- You may not directly quote any private communication. This includes Role PMs, investigations results, PT messages, etc. You may paraphrase if necessary.
- Once you're dead, you may no longer post in the thread or in any PTs you have access to.
- Play to your win condition and remember to have fun.

Activity & Deadlines

- Prods will be issued after 24 consecutive hours without posting. Prodded players will have 12 hours to post content in the thread before I look for a replacement.
- Prods will be issued through DebateArts' messaging system.
- If you anticipate being gone longer than 36 hours, then you may declare Vacation / Limited Access either in the game thread or through PM.
- Day 1 will have a deadline of 4 days. Day 2+ will have a deadline of 3 days. Extensions may be granted if players request and I see it fit.
- Night Phases will have a deadline of 24 hours. There will be no extensions for the night phase, but I can accelerate the night if every living player requests it.

Voting, Lynching & Night Actions

- Votes must be made in bold, such as: [Vote: Lucky], [Lucky], [VTNL].
- No tricks, if I think it's a vote, I'm counting it as one.
- A player is lynched if they receive a majority of votes (50% of players alive + 1, rounded down).
- Once a majority vote is reached, the game enters Twilight and any unvotes/votes will not count.
- If a majority vote is not reached by the end of the deadline, then no one will be lynched.
- Night actions must be submitted to me by the end of the deadline. If you don't submit an action by the end of the night, then you will forfeit your night action.

Miscellaneous

- If you need to replace out for whatever reason, please do so by PMing me. Do not replace out publicly in the thread or threaten to replace out.
- Once a replace out request has been made public, the player must stop posting as they are no longer in the game. Players who request replacement are not allowed to rescind their request
- Make sure you bold all requests to me or if you need to get my attention. I may make a mistake here and there, so don't be afraid to correct me.
- Punishment for breaking these rules will depend on the severity of the rule broken. Modkills will only be used in extreme situations.
- Do not abuse any loopholes you may find in my ruleset. If you find one, then I'll just change it to work around the loophole.
- I'm the mod, so what I say goes. Any situations that come up not explicitly stated in this rule set will be dealt with as I see fit.

Setup Information

NewD3 (as designed by RadiantCowbells):

I am unaware of how to copy images into DebateArt, so please use the above links to access a chart graphing all possible setups. Further explanation below:

Each NewD3 Game will be given a setup that incorporates one mafia role from the top of a column, and then two town roles from a row below the selected mafia role.
The remaining six roles will be filled in by one mafia goon and five vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup.

All NewD3 games use the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects. Mafia Roleblocker action takes precedence over a Town Jailkeeper action should that apply.

Mafia are able to communicate in their Private Topic at all times.

Sample role PMs are provided in the setup link.

The roles and their distribution were randomized exactly 1 time.

List of All Possible Setups

Column A & Row 1: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 2: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 3: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Mason x2, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 1: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Tracker, Town Friendly Neighbor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 2: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Friendly Neighbor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 3: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Tracker, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column C & Row 1: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Cop, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 2: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Jailkeeper, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 3: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Mason x2, Vanilla Townie x 5

Lucky
Lucky
Official Vote Count

airmax1227 [0]:
Danielle [0]:
Lunatic [0]:
coal [0]:
Objectivity [0]:
Zaradi [0]:
sui_generis [0]:
Ragnar [0]:
oromagi [0]:

Not Voting [9]: airmax1227, Danielle, Lunatic, coal, Objectivity, Zaradi, sui_generis, Ragnar, oromagi

With 9 in play, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day 1 ends 96 hours, 7:10pm EST Friday, May 22nd.

Lucky
Lucky
Anyone who has assisted me in contacting other players or who has served as a medium of communication on my behalf prior to the game beginning has permission to directly ping that player outside the game one time in order to inform them that the game has begun. After that point, no more outside communication.
Lucky
Lucky
-->
@Danielle
@Lunatic
@coal
@Objectivity
@airmax1227
nac
Lucky
Lucky
-->
@Barney
@sui_generis
@oromagi
@Zaradi
nac
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
So I imagine there's no point pressing role claims, everyone will just claim vanilla.
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Lucky
Wh... what?

You know there's a signup, right?
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Lunatic
oh shoot ur back
Lucky
Lucky
-->
@PressF4Respect
This game features many players who are not active on DebateArt, but were active on DDO. They would not have seen a signup thread and had to be recruited via outside means. I apologize for not following DebateArt procedure, consider the game to be extrajudicial. If you have any further questions please PM me directly and refrain from commenting on games of which you are not a living player in.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@PressF4Respect
Wh... what?

You know there's a signup, right?

We wanted a private game absent of lazy players and trolls so everything was set up privately. Shouldn't interfere with the main games.
Lucky
Lucky
Rules Update

It seems that DebateArt allows you to edit your own posts. Use of this feature will result in an immediate modkill.
Objectivity
Objectivity
Airmax is a narc, betting he's the sheriff
sui_generis
sui_generis
k so are we VTNLing today? for the record? I forget how to figure odds / am lazy. I will be able to engage actively / at length tonight. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
Sorry, I have to.

sui_generis
sui_generis
oshit editing is a modkill. You should edit your OP.......

sui_generis
sui_generis
-->
@Lunatic
lol
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Lucky
Well I've already told Zaradi that he should take his shirt off so.... 
sui_generis
sui_generis
for the time being, though: VTL Airmax C:
Objectivity
Objectivity
useful tidbit of info:

As long as mafia does a kill every night and there are no successful docs, we get 3 chances to get a successful lynch before losing the game. 
coal
coal
-->
@sui_generis
airmax1227 [0]:
Danielle [0]:
Lunatic [0]:
coal [0]:
Objectivity [0]:
Zaradi [0]:
sui_generis [0]:
Ragnar [0]:
oromagi [0]:

So of this lot, I think the hardest people to ultimately read are going to be Objectivity, because I have not played with him before, and Sui, because I have played with him before and the way he plays does not make sense to me.  It's not personal, just that I don't get what you're up too like 9/10ths of the time. 

I am not interested in voting for Airmax DP1 because there are other, better candidates on the table.  

This would be a good time for SOP claims to speak up.

Objectivity
Objectivity
also assuming we don't no lynch at all
Lunatic
Lunatic
Well,  most everyone I would have suspected to be inactive has posted already. 

VTL Danielle.

She made a post about playing mafia semi recently, but not sure if she remembers. Airmax should post, I told him it was starting monday yesterday and he said that sounded fine.
Objectivity
Objectivity
-->
@coal
I've played live mafia with you.  I'd say you are harder to read than me because you always play the same regardless of if you are scum or not, but that isn't necessarily a reason to lynch.  
Objectivity
Objectivity
Who was Lunatic on DDO?  Does he have a new username or just a newer member I don't remember?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@coal
This would be a good time for SOP claims to speak up.
Unless this post is intended to trap an un-thoughtful mafia member attempting a fake claim, the open set up options Lucky posted do not show any set ups with Millers, or third party and the like.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Objectivity
Who was Lunatic on DDO?  Does he have a new username or just a newer member I don't remember?

Sup Adam it's me, TUF, AKA Connor.
Objectivity
Objectivity
-->
@Lunatic
oh hey!  long time no see
coal
coal
-->
@Lunatic
Unless this post is intended to trap an un-thoughtful mafia member attempting a fake claim. . . .
Well no risk of that now, is there, TUF?

Smh
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Objectivity
Likewise! Lots of familiar names on this list, should be fun!
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@coal
Lol okay we will pretend you actually read the opening post for the sake of argument. I don't think anyone on this player list is dumb enough to fall for that bait.