I'm Back

Author: Crocodile

Total: 54
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Crocodile
You think a country such as China, which is so congested and so densely populated, has less than the entire state of New York, who only has 8m? America is much less densely populated than China and yet we still have more. There either not testing people or not reporting the true cases to WHO
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Crocodile
Having also signed Right to Try. What do you think that means? Why do medical and legal practitioners call it practice? In my direct family there are three of them of five. They all say it is nothing but. Hmmm?
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
-->
@Vader
Exactly. I don't want to sound like an extreme-right, but in places such as Shanghai, Beijing, and even Hong Kong, cases should be well over 1 million. My 3 million estimate is the best case scenario. 

But, so far, North Korea has 0 cases. Shocking?
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@fauxlaw
But does Trump have coronavirus. He is not terminally ill, so he shouldn't be taking experimental drugs for his own political benefit. Hydroxychloroquine has had no proven effect on coronavirus.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Crocodile
Hydroxychloroquine has had no proven effect 
Based on one study, alleged to be by the VA, but they deny it, and with no clinical data or conclusion that would pass muster. Effectively, about as accurate as most U.S. political polls which all use the wrong population sample: registered voters; not likely voters. A completely different mix, which just happens to have huge variation because only half of the registered voters in our 2016 presidential election actually voted.
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@fauxlaw
Well that one study is the one study we have. There is no proof otherwise, ergo it should considered unsafe
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Crocodile
ergo it should considered unsafe
with 70 yeas of use? Just because it has not previously been used on covid-19, it has been used in other applications. Tell me how a drug that has been used safely, and effectively in other applications is suddenly unsafe in this application? Does the drug know to what application it is being applied? Even if covid-19 has anomalies that prevent it's curative properties, what is the evidence that it is, therefore, unsafe? By an unsubstantiated study? My wearing a mask in public is doing me no harm. Should I, therefore, ignore its use?
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@fauxlaw
 Just because it has not previously been used on covid-19, it has been used in other applications. Tell me how a drug that has been used safely, and effectively in other applications is suddenly unsafe in this application?
Yes, it is unsafe. As I said, there is no proven effects.
My wearing a mask in public is doing me no harm. Should I, therefore, ignore its use?
Yes, but hydroxychloroquine does do you harm. Severe side effects like a sped up heart rate leads to death sometimes. There's too many cons outweighing the nonexistent pros.
nmvarco
Debates: 19
nmvarco
-->
@Crocodile
I just started back up again. If you’re RM you probably remember me.
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@nmvarco
I come from a time when this site was still really new. RM was here, but I'm not him. Only 2 people have figure out my identity.
nmvarco
nmvarco
-->
@Crocodile
Do you remember me then?
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@nmvarco
I remember seeing you on a couple of debates
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@nmvarco
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Crocodile
Yes, but hydroxychloroquine does do you harm. 
The non-peer-reviewed study to which you keep referring says only that hydroxychloroquine was administered and thereere were people who died, along with people who were not administered the drug and they also died. That is not what is called a direct causal relationship. Further, there are drugs released by FDA in which trials indicated death as one possible result, yet they are deemed "safe." Easy to forget such circumstances, isn't it? https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article242201661.html
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@fauxlaw
While I still disagree with your statements, I find more reason in your argument than mine.
nmvarco
nmvarco
-->
@Crocodile
Are you raltar?
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@nmvarco
No, I'm batman
nmvarco
nmvarco
-->
@Crocodile
Wait like the user bat man or just your pfp
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@nmvarco
You can decide that.

Or maybe i just am in real life

nmvarco
nmvarco
-->
@Crocodile
Clues.???
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@fauxlaw
Who would you trust more?

The FDA, or someone who has about as much medical training as Karen from antivaxxers.com?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@PressF4Respect
Sorry, don't know who Karen is. Why do I want to look her up?
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@fauxlaw
My point is that Trump has no medical training whatsoever, and thus should not be recommending medication to others. 
Crocodile
Crocodile
KAREN GET THE KIDS