Themeless Mafia 1 - Day Phase 2

Author: Lucky

Read-only
Total: 220
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
For what it's worth #154 of D1 should show that lunatic and I are never mafia together
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
For what it's worth #154 of D1 should show that lunatic and I are never mafia together

?
warren42
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
You're talking about how you were texting max which I feel like you would only do if town, honestly. I'd expect you wouldn't want to draw the attention to you and max if we were mafia partners.

Now that I think it over it's not as strong as I'd originally thought but still stand by it
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
Well not to argue with something that looks good for me, but we were both scum I would probably also want to prod him, as inactivity unwillingly seems to draw attention to you.
warren42
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
Would you have publicly called attention that you were contacting him?
Lunatic
Lunatic
After spending 4 hours on a case no one read yesterday, I decided to sign up for a noob game on mafia scum yesterday with mikal. I'll be splitting my time between the two now, and probably focusing more on whichever one is more active. I was hopeful about this game at first, but I am increasingly annoyed with players like sui and oro. Sui I remember being a lot more active. Oro on the other hand is notorious for posting just enough to not get replaced, but not enough to be really helpful. Kind of want to start policy voting him like drafter did from now on. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
Would you have publicly called attention that you were contacting him?
Probably, but hard to say. Definitely with someone other than max, but max specifically I game almost daily,  so I can yell at him in discord to post. 
warren42
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
Mafia Universe is better :D
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
Mafia Universe is better :D

How so? Genuinely curious. Looking to play mafia with people who actually play. Sick and tired of people who flake out of games because they don't like how things are going or continuously sign up when they barely play or contribute. 
warren42
warren42
Giving up on reading DP1 for now, working my way through DP2.

I townread danielle and lunatic. I also townread coal but haven't yet read lunatic's case against him (which is likely only worth much assuming speed flips mafia)
Lunatic
Lunatic
I also townread coal but haven't yet read lunatic's case against him (which is likely only worth much assuming speed flips mafia)
I go out of the way in the case to show that my scum read on Coal is not hinged to Zaradi (speedrace). In fact, if Zaradi is town, it only makes Coal look worse. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
forgot to tag
warren42
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
Lots of games running at once and you can essentially pick whatever suits your interest. They have phases anywhere from 12/12 to 72/24 (36/12 seems to be the most common) and with player counts from 9 to over 100 (the latter of which never appeals to me but). There's also software so that you can request vote counts at any time, ISO players, ISO multiple players in conjunction with one another (probably would've helped with your coal/zaradi case) and all sorts of other features in the software. Small learning curve but I love how easy it is to use.
warren42
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
Interesting. So why are you advocating for zaradi/speed's lynch rather than coal's?

It's also not lost on me that you'd be setting up two mislynches to win mafia the game if they're both in fact town
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
Interesting. So why are you advocating for zaradi/speed's lynch rather than coal's?
I've been pushing Coal for the last 300 posts or so of Dp1 to no avail. And frankly, does it matter which order both scum die? My scum read on both is equal.

It's also not lost on me that you'd be setting up two mislynches to win mafia the game if they're both in fact town
I made the case on Coal as well in the case of my death tonight. I want the case out there if I can no longer post. That said, I don't think I've been particularly convincing anyone here much to my dismay. Your faith in my ability to lead a lynch is gratifying, but frankly my opinion on Coal seems pretty un-popular. I think id I was scum I'd have an easier time setting up a mis-lynch on an inactive, would you not agree? Coal, besides me, is probably the second heaviest poster in the game next to Danielle. I made this same argument to Danielle last DP, I am doing myself no favors by going after him if I am scum. He by no means is an "easy" lynch. 
warren42
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
Coal, besides me, is probably the second heaviest poster in the game next to Danielle.
This made me chuckle.

But yeah that's true
Danielle
Danielle
I'm not sure I think the case against Zaradi is sufficient but looking at the collapse of activity it may be the only lever for progressing the game.

The only inactive players now are you and Sui. 

Vanillas can claim PRs to draw night kills, but the mafia didn't NK Zaradi so they never seemed to fear him as an actual PR, yes? 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@oromagi
That last post was to you.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
Pretty sure scum is among Zaradi/coal or Zaradi/Oro. I'll play Mafia with you elsewhere. Work is slow. Send me the link next time :p
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
Pretty sure scum is among Zaradi/coal or Zaradi/Oro. I'll play Mafia with you elsewhere. Work is slow. Send me the link next time :p
Will do. The game just started but I didn't think you would like it because it is themeless. It's actually the same set up as this one. But I am sure they may end up needing replacements sooner or later. If that's the case I'll hit you up
warren42
warren42
The only way this was an attempt to draw the night kill is if airmax is the power role and wasn't caught up enough to see this and CC
Oh btw in case there's any doubt I'll just hard claim vanilla
warren42
warren42
-->
@Lucky
And because EOD is rapidly approaching and I don't want to forget and get us a no lynch...

VTL Speed/Zaradi

I'll finish reading and check out TUF's case tonight/tomorrow
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
I think Lucky gave us a day extension because of all the inactives, but I am fine with the phase ending. I highly doubt oro or sui want to contribute more. They've had ample time over the last three days.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Lucky
Let's see that good flip. Give me some good news my man
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Lunatic
I didn't read your case, but I don't like the fact that you didn't post it here.  It means you can post, but then go back and edit it, post facto.  This is especially relevant in view of the fact that you are claiming that you're going to be killed tonight; which suggests to me that you are trying to capitalize on the fact that, despite the fact that a viable wagon formed on you at least once in this game; I recall you were at L-2, you are not endeavoring to manipulate and capitalize on Zaradi's untimely departure.

That makes me think, increasingly, that you know he is going to flip town; and you are threfore scum. 
coal
coal
You are NOW endeavoring to capitalize on Zaradi's untimely departure/ 
coal
coal
MOD:

First, POST THE FLIP.

Second, I NEED A RULING ON WHETHER PLAYERS ARE ALLOWED TO POST GAME RELEVANT CONTENT outside of this thread.  

It seems inherently anti-town to allow that; and you have modkilled a townie for less. 
coal
coal
-->
@Lucky
Forgot to tag you above. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@coal
I didn't read your case, but I don't like the fact that you didn't post it here.  It means you can post, but then go back and edit it, post facto. 
I encourage you to go and screen shot each page, and if I edit anything you will have me nailed for it. Do it now.

This is especially relevant in view of the fact that you are claiming that you're going to be killed tonight; 
I am not claiming that. I am posting it in case of me getting killed tonight. You mentioned if zaradi is scum then I must be town, which is a scary thought considering I think you are mafia, that makes me a viable kill option if he is scum.

which suggests to me that you are trying to capitalize on the fact that, despite the fact that a viable wagon formed on you at least once in this game; I recall you were at L-2, 
Nah you fvckers had me at l-1 for hours.

you are not endeavoring to manipulate and capitalize on Zaradi's untimely departure. That makes me think, increasingly, that you know he is going to flip town; and you are threfore scum. 
All this actually makes it look like you think he is going to flip town. That plus you already admitted you thought he was town when you voted him. Like I said, this looks worse for you if he does flip town.
coal
coal
-->
@Lunatic
Nah you fvckers had me at l-1 for hours.

Thank you for reminding me.  I almost forgot that you were the lynch before Ragnar's bullshit.