TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
@sadolite
@ILikePie5
@Christen
Has the police body cam footage changed your mind?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Got a link?
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Has the police body cam footage changed your mind?
I haven’t watched it but I don’t think so. There’s no excuse kneeling on someone’s neck when they’re already handcuffed and you have 3 other officers around you.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
@ILikePie5
with commentary
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Yeah, it doesn't have to be a racial hate crime to be a crime.

10 days later

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
6th page bump
ebuc
ebuc
George hasnt  had any thoughts since he was murdered  police officers.   And in this case murder set George was set from torments on earth by police officers who serve protect and murdered a person of color for no reason other that irrational, illogics operating in what appear to be some brain mechanism in their skulls.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
I think that George Floyd isn't the poor saintly martyr, some people like to icon him as. Though his death is unfortunate.
I think that people with a history of trouble with the police run into more trouble, including when they resist arrest.
My second brother has multiple problems with the law, I worry the police might shoot 'him one day if he does something dangerous or threatening.

I think that the police 'should be held accountable for their actions.

I think that the protestors handled their protests poorly in many places with violence and riots, at a poor time, what with the pandemic and all. But hey, there's peaceful protests in places too.
I think the 'police in many places have handled the protests poorly, though not in all places.

I think the media has handled the BLM movement a 'bit poorly by their often refusal to broach any criticism of some of the movements actions.
But the media did handle the brain fart of an idea made by protestors alright. By that I speak of defund the police, as if many police departments weren't poorly funded enough. The media made the intelligent decision to pretend as though the people rhythmically chanting defund the police meant shift some of the police responsibilities and funds to other methods to help the community.

I think the way in which parts of BLM has been run, has resulted in a boon to the likelihood of President Trump being re-elected.