Kavanaugh is Innocent

Author: Vader

Total: 102
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Ben Shaperio must really piss you off when he says facts don't care about your feelings.
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Buddamoose
Hang on which one were you?
Unless you think it should be, in which case, why did you molest me when I was a child? 
You'll need to jog my memory, were you the one that simply couldn't get enough?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5

The worst that could happen to me is to have my daughters, whom I would shield with my life, look at me like a rapist and a lying drunkard, causing them to doubt my Master and King because of lies said about me. That would be a horror I would not soon get over.

That surely would elevate you to the status of Lot, a very righteous man a man hand picked by god as his chosen one, surely that would be a desirable outcome?
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
ok so basically idk how this forum post blew up but cool. keep arguing bc he is elected
Castin
Castin
-->
@Buddamoose
Whoa nelly. I can see you have very strong feelings about this. I wish you wouldn't jump to conclusions about my beliefs, though. I never said innocent until proven guilty doesn't matter. Or that the burden of proof is on the accused. Those are some pretty headscratchingly extreme claims, Budds.

Defamation and libel can definitely ruin lives, but it's quite another thing entirely to talk about criminal conviction, where the case against you is being legitimized by the State itself in a criminal trial, and, if found guilty, you outright lose your freedom. I also think whether there's enough to find you guilty of a felony and whether there's enough to disqualify you from a job are two very different things. But my big disconnect with people is that I don't think the Committee had the authority to convict anyone of anything and I would have considered him innocent until proven guilty regardless of the outcome of the hearing. People on both sides were acting like confirmation would be validation of his innocence, and rejection would be validation of his guilt. But all the Republican Committee's decision was going to tell me is whether the Republican Committee considers him fit for the position.

I'm kind of irritated with the Dems, honestly. They knew there could be no hard evidence for something that happened 30+ years ago and this would go nowhere, but they did it anyway, putting Ford and Kavanaugh through a pointless ordeal. All it did is make conservatives twice as angry as usual and twice more likely to jump down my throat. And they already had anger management problems and jumping-down-my-throat tendencies to begin with. I'm also seriously concerned that what the Dems did here is create a Supreme Court Justice with a personal grudge against liberals. Like, as a judge, can you look at my liberal ass fairly when you watched liberal mobs chanting for your downfall? That's some serious shit. On the flip side, I guess it could have given Kavanaugh valuable experience about what it's like to be the one in the hot seat being judged, something too few judges understand or go through themselves, if you ask me. They get too comfortable up there on that high seat and forget what it is to feel powerless and intimidated.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Greyparrot
Do you think his good name is cleared or should he file a lawsuit?
Against Ford? Not the best move for him politically. It's classier to hold his head up high and move on. Plus he knows that Ford never wanted this public spectacle. If she'd gotten her way, this whole matter would have been handled privately, and the exact same decision would have been reached, minus the media circus and the crying. And she was a pretty brave and credible witness, I thought. It might look bad to go after her. Certainly it would reinflame this whole national battle as people rallied behind her again, and behind Kavanaugh. I'm sure he doesn't want that.

As for whether I think his good name has been cleared, I have no idea. I don't think determined minds on either side have changed. I think people are just going to get used to the fact that this is the way things turned out.

Castin
Castin
-->
@ethang5
The worst that could happen to me is to have my daughters, whom I would shield with my life, look at me like a rapist and a lying drunkard, causing them to doubt my Master and King because of lies said about me. That would be a horror I would not soon get over.

And those scars on my daughters would always be there to let the people who so scarred them know, if you ever wish to see how vile I am compared to the Jesus you call evil,.....
Kavanaugh's family would never believe the accusations against him. If he'd been dismissed, they would have stood by him. That doesn't mean it wouldn't have been a serious blow to his life. In time he would have recovered and faded from the public memory, but there would be a permanent scar.

I really don't know what you mean about doubting your Master and King or evil Jesus. Are you talking about that political cartoon of one of Kavanaugh's daughters praying? I thought that was so f*cking low.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Castin
 I think people are just going to get used to the fact that this is the way things turned out. 
Lol, no they are not. You don't get to slander people without some kind of blowback, even if the public has to take it out on the 49 Senators that allowed the charade to play out in full.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Greyparrot
 I think people are just going to get used to the fact that this is the way things turned out. 
Lol, no they are not. You don't get to slander people without some kind of blowback, even if the public has to take it out on the 49 Senators that allowed the charade to play out in full.
What are you saying?
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Big 100 right here amen
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@Vader
This is a liberal power play to get themselves elected in the Midterms. Let's see why
This and Kavanaugh's guilt are not mutually exclusive.

1. It takes 39 years to come after him...
So?
2. 60 women say that she is the sweetest person and approve of him getting into an ivy league school
So?

3. Evidence by eyewitnesses prove that he did not do anything
Partially true at best.
4. Dems don't like Kavanaugh in the first place
So?
THE MAN JUST LIKES BEER
To the point where former classmates have said he was a notorious drunk...

None of this proves anything.
Castin
Castin
-->
@warren42
You're right, it doesn't prove anything. Unfortunately the case against Kavanaugh didn't prove anything, either.