Is Preaching Allowed?

Author: Goldtop

Total: 78
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Mopac
I find a huge problem in combining religion and politics. Religion is an abhorrent man-made death cult that deserves no place in "everyone's" life. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Outplayz
I prefer this dictionary definition from Merriam-webster that defines religion as "a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith"

I don't think it is even too far of a stretch to call politics a religion.. or even as you put it, "an abhorrent man-made death cult deserving no place in "everyone's life"

Really, I can't tell the difference between a lot of politicians and religious fanatics anyway. 

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
I don't think we have the same list of top intellectuals.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mopac
Blocking you, don't need fools @ing me
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
Okay... it would have been more appropriate if i said some of the top public intellectuals... but the intellectuals i am thinking of are probably a lot more famous bc of their lively religious/political debates... but, anyways, that wasn't the point. The point was that both affect our daily lives... making both important. If you'd rather focus on only one of them... good for you. I find researching/studying both is best for understanding humanity at a deeper level.   
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Mopac
Fanatics on any side is dangerous. Religion tends to breed fanatics which is why i am against it. If you have a spiritual view that is only yours.. i respect it. As soon as you think it applies to me, i reject it. That is the freedom our politics has given me... which i respect and love about this country. Of course, there are people that preach vitriol in both ... but that is just the human condition. All we can do is try to find and minimize these types of people or beliefs. It's kinda what makes life fun. Opposition is a curious manifestation. In any case, the best we can do is grow and mature. Some take a longer time than others... some will never be able to. That's why it is important what beliefs we implement. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
Religion tends to breed fanatics which is why i am against it.

That's like a scientist saying he's against science.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Religious focused intellectuals achieve nothing at all worth anything in their lives. Whether it's Jesus or Muhammad or even Buddha, they waste away like the scum they are.
They are always cult personalities and at the beginning, all religions were cults regardless of how they ended up.

I have met the real god, she has actually communicated with me and I know what lack of BS there is when people say God saved them. She is real and I call her Fiora.

Atheists are fools just as much as deluded Theists who think God wants all to know her. If she wants you to know her, you end up knowing her. She likes me so she helped me and helped me more the more I acknowledged her.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
Religious focused intellectuals achieve nothing at all worth anything in their lives. Whether it's Jesus or Muhammad or even Buddha, they waste away like the scum they are.
They are always cult personalities and at the beginning, all religions were cults regardless of how they ended up.
I agree in regards to religion. I disagree in regards to the intellectuals. Sam Harris, Jordan Peterson, etc... are not wasting their time for they have helped millions. They haven't helped you personally... so what. You aren't the only person on this planet. And if we are going to talk about ratings... their ratings are at god level compared to yours.  

I have met the real god, she has actually communicated with me and I know what lack of BS there is when people say God saved them. She is real and I call her Fiora.
And my spiritual beliefs justify your belief... however, it refutes it if you say it is my god as well. Then you would be as deluded as the ones you say are in my eyes if you think it is my god. 

Atheists are fools just as much as deluded Theists who think God wants all to know her. If she wants you to know her, you end up knowing her. She likes me so she helped me and helped me more the more I acknowledged her.
If you don't know her, or she hasn't revealed herself to me or another, than being an atheist towards her is justified. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Sam Harris is a pseudo-intellectual tyrant who wants to ban Trump from Twitter as in legally blackmail Twitter to ban him from it.

JP is a real G who I like a lot and never once said you had to be a Christian even though he is, he only preaches science with regards to psychology. psychiatry and sociology.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
You are unworthy of meeting Fiora, I wouldn't want to spoil her day with meeting someone like you. You keep going around thinking you are going to be a vigilante in the Purge all you want. In the end, you will be sliced up and eaten like the high-risk-prone fool you are. Play it smart, be the gang not the guy taking them on but make sure your gang is full of people ready to retreat when it's smart to because bloodthirst is only helpful when you're already ahead in the fight. When ahead, be ruthless, when behind or equal be timid.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Goldtop
I'm not religious, gold. "Organized religion breeds fanatics." I believe that is a fair statement that has nothing to do with having an individualized metaphysical suspicion that affects no one but me. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
Sam Harris is a pseudo-intellectual tyrant who wants to ban Trump from Twitter as in legally blackmail Twitter to ban him from it.
Like i said... it's not about you. 

JP is a real G who I like a lot and never once said you had to be a Christian even though he is, he only preaches science with regards to psychology. psychiatry and sociology.
For someone you like you know very little of his beliefs. Admittedly, everyone sorta is in the same boat since he is never direct about his spiritual beliefs. The closest he got is with Sam Harris in which he explained that he thinks that all religion is trying to point towards a metaphysical realm. He doesn't specify what he means by metaphysical. He uses the Bibles stories as metaphors and allegory towards current day events... the best one could say is that he is agnostic. He definitely is not Christian in the common way. But hey... you just admitted one of these intellectuals isn't what you said. How about that. 

You are unworthy of meeting Fiora 
Fiora could be getting gang banged by the other gods for all i care. 

You keep going around thinking you are going to be a vigilante in the Purge
"Thinking?" You wouldn't know what hit you. An assassin always has the home court advantage. A bunch of 60 iq thugs wouldn't stand a chance. If their leader is smart.. it might throw a wrench in it a bit, but still... you come into an area i've set up as a trap... you die. You wouldn't even see me until you are hover above your body. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Fiora getting gang-banged by 'other gods' would mean she isn't God. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
You don't 'run an area' kid, you are delusional and people like you are the second to get cut up in a desert island scenario (the first being those that people like you prey on).
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
Fiora getting gang-banged by 'other gods' would mean she isn't God. 
Okay... fingering herself for eternity. I don't care. I'll probably hit it when i die. 

You don't 'run an area' kid
That kind of thinking is what i hope for... blind aggression and narcissism thinking it is you that owns anything. Easy peazy at that point. 

desert island scenario
A desert island scenario calls for radically different manipulation of the moment. The tactics wouldn't be the same as a purge scenario. That would call for the seduction of making the others feel more powerful than me, and making them believe i am on their side and useful at the same time. Make them fight each other first... i'm patient. 
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench

The religion board often had the most threads and most posts
Yes stupid people tend to forget what they post and recycle the same statements over and over again. 

You first insulted him
I actually didn't... If anything I insulted the guy he's referring to in the first place going around preaching. You're reading skills aren't on par with people who could reach that natural conclusion though, so you're forgiven, boy. 
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Outplayz
So what other forums should the religious forum people go to? I mean, I see them in philosophy, politics and science.... you know, the forums that take some thought
Philosophy and science would certainly be a good start since conversations in those forums dont eventually devolve into a shit-slinging contest between the same bunch of people with ironclad beliefs that wont listen to anyone with an opinion different than theirs..... If they prefer to set up shop in the religion forum then they're probably more prone to yelling their opinion to the other side rather than actually keeping an open mind about something, meaning they basically quarantine themselves 

There are interesting threads in the religion forum here and there... I will admit it takes some time to find one
I won't hold my breath.... A broken clock is right twice a day, but that is still about two times greater than the threads that show up in the religion forum.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Imabench
Philosophy and science would certainly be a good start 
I tend to only visit those forums to read others, for i'm not qualified enough to comment most the time.

I understand in regards to the people you are talking about... i skip over them too. Only reply to put them in their place sometimes for fun, bc they need it. But... every once and awhile there is a thoughtful and learning thread or user. If you don't spend time and know who those users are... you won't know. But there are people that will challenge your spiritual worldview whatever it is.. and that is the point. To learn through discussion. You can achieve that if you know who to speak to.  

I won't hold my breath.... A broken clock is right twice a day, but that is still about two times greater than the threads that show up in the religion forum
By all means don't visit it if you don't like the topic... but going as far as calling those that do a lunatic directly applies to me. I will defend myself in that situation like i have. Maybe if you would have been more specific, i wouldn't have thought you directed it at me and other users that aren't lunatics and just enjoy the subject.  

Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Outplayz
But there are people that will challenge your spiritual worldview whatever it is.. and that is the point. To learn through discussion
You can get that through the science and philosophy forums with a much higher degree of success than in the religion forum though, primarily because any half decent conversation or user inevitably gets drowned out by the recurring legion of imbeciles who prefer to preach rather than participate.... You can learn more about your beliefs and what not by browsing through the philosophy forum in a day than you can with encyclopedic memory of everything that has ever taken place in the religion forum..... And the crazy thing is that the exact same thing was true for DDO before all the spamming began. 

Maybe if you would have been more specific, i wouldn't have thought you directed it at me and other users that aren't lunatics and just enjoy the subject.  
Enjoying the subject and reading other posts about it a topic is one thing, its the people who regularly make threads and constant posts to try to convert people to their way of thinking that are something else..... Especially since most of those discussions involve some sort of inflammatory OP, copy pasting the same bookmarked passage as a response that doesn't relate to the topic in the first place, not agreeing on the definitions of words right before they are misused, and personal opinions people hold as facts..... If you don't make many threads yourself and the few posts you do leave in the forum don't qualify as anything just described, then you're safe for now and should get out while you can. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Outplayz
I'm not religious
Sure you are, deeply.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Imabench
I actually agree with mostly everything you said. However, there are some users that i didn't see in the philosophy forum which is why i would go to the religion forum to talk to them. The people that incessantly preach get on my nerves too. However, even i may come off that way bc at some point or another i have to put my foot down in what i believe. For me it's hard bc the best way to describe myself would be agnostic atheist spiritual. I do have spiritual belief i feel are most likely, but in the end of the day, i don't know. Sometimes i put my foot down and act like i am right bc i have to towards some people, but if it's an atheist... i almost always concede that i may be wrong. It's the religious and other beliefs i'm a little more firm and preachy towards. So... i can understand how it happens. But.. i don't think i have talked to anyone else, very few bc i'm sure there is a user here and there, that is able to concede they may be wrong. That is annoying and likely more common in the philosophy forum. I should go to that one more often than i do. Just make sure when you are attacking an entire forum to be a little more specific so it doesn't come across as there are no good people... in which case i would disagree. With that said, i understand your concerns in regards to the religion forum. We're not all lunatics and some can be very amicable. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Goldtop
Sure you are, deeply.

Explain how? I've never heard of a religion that says the things i suspect to be true... only in philosophy. 

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Outplayz
I'd be a billionaire if I had a dollar for every believer who said he wasn't religious. If it was true, there would literally be no religious people anywhere.

The problem is that you're religious but don't want to be tagged along with all the rest of the ugliness that hangs over religions like a dark cloud. Not that I blame you for that, but it's dishonest.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Goldtop
You didn't tell me how. How do you define being religious? I don't get it since my belief is exclusive to only myself. I've never to this day heard anyone else explain it as i do. Just close ones here and there. So i don't get how i am religious when religion presupposes a group of people believing in the same. It's down to how you define it. I would say i am agnostic spiritual if i had to. I am actually quite atheistic towards organized religion. At least, i don't think you are talking about organized religion... if you are, i would say you are dead wrong. With that, i don't know how you define being religious in general. If it means having a spiritual belief even if i am slightly agnostic towards it... i guess i am. But that isn't what i am familiar with as to the meaning. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Outplayz
I don't define religious, its already been defined.

I don't get it since my belief is exclusive to only myself
Just like every other believer.

religion presupposes a group of people believing in the same
Nope, you can believe all by yourself and be religious.

organized religion...
That's where your beliefs originated.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Goldtop
Just like every other believer
Fine i'll give you that. But unlike most other believers i am agnostic towards my beliefs. 

Nope, you can believe all by yourself and be religious.
So if i think of myself as a super-human entity manifested into a mortal body... i'm religious? Bc i don't think i control anything... even in my spirit. I thought religious means you believe in a god / gods that have a controlling effect on our world. I believe i am a divine spirit... that was manifested from an eternal mind. This mind is everything but doesn't control anything... i do. Not preaching, just laying it out so you can tell me if this qualifies. And btw, this is just one of my beliefs but it's my favorite so let's go with this one. 

That's where your beliefs originated.
Actually you're wrong here. It didn't originate from any other belief. As far as i can remember, i've been fascinated with the supernatural. And i specifically remember the first time i heard about god i thought to myself "i knew i'm right." In that there is a supernatural reality. From there of course i learned what others thought it is, but as soon as i was old enough to call bs i started trying to define what i thought before i learned about religion and have been ever since.  
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Outplayz
t unlike most other believers i am agnostic towards my beliefs
That's like saying,"I'm still not convinced there's a monster hiding in my closet, but maybe there is"

So if i think of myself as a super-human entity manifested into a mortal body... i'm religious?
Yes, childishly delusional, but without the religious part.

I believe i am a divine spirit...
That's childishly delusional with the religious part.

And i specifically remember the first time i heard about god
You don't consciously remember the many times you heard about God before that, but your subconscious remembered.

there is a supernatural reality
Sure, pal.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Goldtop
So what i am getting i might have religious parts and not have religious parts. Then, i wouldn't say i am religious bc i believe any of those parts are possible and maybe only one is and the other isn't. I don't know. My spiritual beliefs when i was young were very different than the religion's i learned about... so, even if i would hear it subconsciously, i had no idea what they were talking... i envisioned it before i learned anything that would direct my visions. If you have a problem with agnostics i can't do anything for you. If you have a problem with metaphysics, i can't do anything for you. I can say with certainty that you have no idea either however.  
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Outplayz
i can't do anything for you
Yes I know, I wouldn't expect that considering you don't have anything to offer but the whiling of your childishly overactive imagination. You need to grow up before you can offer something of value other than pretending you're a divine spirit.