Author: MisterChris

Total: 140
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Myth is naive hypothesis.

"A story that can't be proven" in other words......People and places are usually taken from reality, but the introduction of super-nature does limit a stories chances of ever being proven, wholly correct.

A soul, as an independent entity, is also a myth........And also reliant upon super-nature.

Nonetheless....The soul as a physiological component, is perhaps it's own metaphor.

16 days later

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
No sure what resurrection really means

I have to wonder if the common members of  Jewry actually understood the  difference between resurrection and resuscitation? 
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
The fact that our primary claim: the bible, has no official authors (no one actually signed their writing), nor do we have good dates. The fact that the claim is so absent of evidence is at least an indicator, but the fact that basic heart restarting wasn't even possible until hundreds of years later is pretty good evidence against his alleged ressurection.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

Jesus may have simply just passed out from the scourging and the crucifixion. Didn't the Romans use a type of smelling salts? 

And wasn't Hyssop offered to Jesus while he hung there on the cross? This would have caused him to pass out. Was Jesus saying " I thirst" a signal asking for the Hyssop to be administered that would cause him to pass out giving only the appearance of being ' dead' only to be resuscitated some time after he was taken down and why his legs were not broken?

Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled,saith, I thirst.
 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop,and put it to his mouth.
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished:and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost”. John 19:28-30.NKJV

Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him. But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead alreadythey brake not his legs”.John 19:32-33.KJV

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
No idea is they used smelling salts not sure they would care if criminals were dead or still a bit alive if being buried. You get a bit grey in color after a few minutes of not oxygen. If you were someone who watched people die on cross regularly you would notice this. 
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Stephen
Well... if the only problem was dying of dehydration, but he'd die via blood loss before that ever happened. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
No idea is they used smelling salts not sure they would care if criminals were dead

The Romans wouldn't care  , Witch. But his buddies would. And I said passed out, not dead.  And if the Romans used smelling salts there would be no reason to believe that Jesus' close circle and  supporters couldn't get their hands on it too.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
His loved ones put him in the grave after wrapping him right? 
Stephen
Stephen

Jesus may have simply just passed out from the scourging and the crucifixion. Didn't the Romans use a type of smelling salts? 

And wasn't Hyssop offered to Jesus while he hung there on the cross? This would have caused him to pass out. Was Jesus saying " I thirst" a signal asking for the Hyssop to be administered that would cause him to pass out giving only the appearance of being ' dead' only to be resuscitated some time after he was taken down and why his legs were not broken?

Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled,saith, I thirst.
 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop,and put it to his mouth.
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished:and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost”. John 19:28-30.NKJV

Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him. But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead alreadythey brake not his legs”.John 19:32-33.KJV

Well... if the only problem was dying of dehydration, but he'd die via blood loss before that ever happened. and I did say the  " I thirst " was maybe just the signal to administer the Hyssop to put him under. 

Not if they had put him under before he lost copious amounts of blood. He was talking right up until he lowered his head and said " it is finished".  Still, speculation, dontcha just love it? 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
His loved ones put him in the grave after wrapping him right? 

How do you know that?

The scriptures say that his secret disciple Joseph of Amaranth asked for the body John 19:38 and the scriptures say that Joseph of Arimathea and another secret disciple Nicodemus attended him and placed him in a private tomb in a private garden owned by Joseph of Arimathea. John 19:39-40  Indeed, it all seemed a very private and secret affair altogether.

No mention of family. Or any of the 12 that had deserted their master in his hour of need so didn't witness him die or his body being removed from the cross.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
Ok so do you think they would have wasted time and money on wrapping a man alive. Also, John 19: 34 states: Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus’ side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water. So his lung was pierced. If he didn't die on the cross from asphyxia he would have when his lung was punctured. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Ok so do you think they would have wasted time and money on wrapping a man alive.

Now there's a thought. Why  wrap a man that had been brutally beaten from head to toe, back and front for hours and nailed to a cross.  It depends what they were wrapping him for and what all those oils and potions were actually intend for doesn't it, Witch? 

So would you wrap a mans wounds ? A man that had been beaten to within inches of his life , Witch?  Do you think that you would use some kind of antiseptic oils  and wrap his wounds ?  

Also, John 19: 34 states: Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus’ side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water.

Yes.  This wouldn't necessarily cause death .https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320797 And if he was unconscious/passed out at the time, the flow would have been minimal.

So his lung was piercedIf he didn't die on the cross from asphyxia he would have when his lung was punctured. 

Again not necessarily. See link above.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
Ok, Stephen, found a theory for you. Check out Jesus and the Rainbow Body. The theory is your body at the right vibration becomes a worm hole to other dimensions. Jesus learned this skill from the Buddhists, a skill Enoch has as well. I found it last night perusing the Gaia channel. Cool stuff. Also explains the Shroud of Turin. 

FLRW
FLRW
Because it did not happen: the story is a myth.
There are no eyewitness accounts of the times of Jesus for obvious reasons.
The gospels are not eyewitness accounts. They were written decades after the alleged Christ and were written by ghost writers from oral tradition, (legends).
Claims that others i.e. Josephus testifies about Jesus are a desperate reach for validation. Josephus was not a contemporary of Jesus; he never met Jesus.
Castin
Castin
-->
@FLRW
Eh. Even if we did have "eyewitness accounts" of the resurrection -- if we knew the Gospels of Matthew and John were really written by Matthew and John, say -- I still wouldn't be convinced. It takes more than ancient eyewitness testimony to overpower my skepticism that a man can rise from the dead.

I don't think Josephus ever claimed Jesus resurrected, anyway. That part of the Testimonium Flavianum screams "Christian interpolation."
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Castin
I don't think Josephus ever claimed Jesus resurrected

Correct. He didn't.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Ok, Stephen, found a theory for you. Check out Jesus and the Rainbow Body. The theory is your body at the right vibration becomes a worm hole to other dimensions. Jesus learned this skill from the Buddhists, a skill Enoch has as well. I found it last night perusing the Gaia channel. Cool stuff. Also explains the Shroud of Turin. 

Can't get it to play, Witch. 

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
Feel free to look it up elsewhere, or not. 

7 days later

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@fauxlaw

The apostles were eye witnesses,

To what?  They didn't see him die and only seen an empty tomb.

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
@ Stephen

The apostle John, at least, was present at the crucifixion. All the apostles, less Judas, and even Thomas, eventually, and, ultimately, upwards of 500 people witnessed the risen Christ, in person. Cherry picking again?