Total: 10
Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405

Why is this? What are your thoughts?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
China is the "industrial" country and takes great pride in it, they built huge cities to make people out of the countryside and into a city to work in a US company sponsored factory. often in terrible conditions and in sweatshops, the west and USA is the consumer zone. consumer culture is so rampant here that almost all social status deriving from material consumption that probably took a couple bucks to make in a sweatshop, the companies know what there doing, of course there is the resource zone which is africa and central asia but that is a whole other thing

basically, if the industrial output is down, the entire economy is down

31 days later

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Trent0405
Why is this? What are your thoughts?
Rumor has is that there is some sort of pandemic going on that may be affecting the world economy, but that is all just speculation.
Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Rumor has is that there is some sort of pandemic going on that may be affecting the world economy, but that is all just speculation.

These are figures from last year.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Trent0405
Maybe the stall is caused by a decrease in GDP growth then.
Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Maybe the stall is caused by a decrease in GDP growth then.
No way bro. It couldn't possibly be something as nuanced and deep as that. : )
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
china growth good. government bad. overall more gud dan bad. ze people r lawfully gud.
Bullish
Debates: 0
Bullish
You're looking at the GDP USD figures, which can be erratic. The yuan devalued massively against the dollar last year, because the Chinese government decided it wasn't worth the effort to prop it up anymore. Real GDP growth is a smoother metric, and has not stalled; it has only slowed down to the 5-6% range, which is expected given China's development stage, the pandemic notwithstanding. World Bank is predicting that China will be less affected by the virus than the US though.
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
china growth good. government bad. overall more gud dan bad. ze people r lawfully gud.
chinese govmt gonna come knocking down ur door.

they gunna pull u out and sentence you to 5 cycles in the phantom zone
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Crocodile
Do I look I care? I will convey the idea of "By suppression, they have made who are suppressed louder", and if they punish me by any, they have just proved my point. It is ironic yes and yes, and there should be NO punishment by saying the truth. If you think what I am saying is wrong, sure, you can point out, but it will be the government's fault if they punish people for speaking authentic truth.