Poker mafia is a mafia game with special mechanics.
- designed for 10-13 players. 10 players is optimal for balance reasons (a typical hold'em table has 10 players).
- Does not require poker knowledge, although basic knowledge of poker hands helps. If you don't know poker hands I can tell you exactly what your role is at night.
- no set roles: your role depends on your hand, which changes every night.
- The role a player receives differs depending on whether the player is town or mafia. Town's role assignment list is public; mafia's role assignment list is only known to mafia.
- cards are guaranteed to be randomly shuffled every phase.
- players may take actions during the day to affect their poker odds against other players during the night.
- no factional night kill for mafia: instead, night kills will be awarded based on a player's hand, meaning town can also receive kills.
- Mafia's advantage revolves around abilities to 'cheat' at poker.
- complete kill: mafia must eliminate all town to win.
All players are randomly assigned the name of a well-known professional poker player. This is for thematic flavoring only, meaning the name of the player is randomized and has no bearing on either faction or role. I do not mean to imply that any of the poker players named in the game are cheaters!
- Normal rules apply, no screenshotting PMs, no outside comms, respect the spirit of the game, etc.
- UNVOTEing is encouraged, not required
- 72 hour DP, 24 hour NP
- Majority lynch