Author: sadolite

Total: 160
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@ethang5
And yet, you keep bringing it up.
hah, good one buddy. scroll through the thread and stop being delusional.
You have not addressed why the "my body, my choice" logic doesn't work for both.
read the quote that you put literally right under. ethang stop being a stubborn dip____ and wear the mask.
It's their body and thus their choice. Are women aborting babies for a different reason?
i don't think wearing a mask is gonna make it so you can't support a household or can't make time for your job. and can you please stop asking questions that make it seem like i'm some abortion freak and that makes me respond like an abortion freak? what i want is for people not to die from complete morons like you. i honestly couldn't care less about abortion.
Ah! Mothers of twins, triplets, and above need not apply. Killing one is moral, killing more is unethical.
stop being sarcastic like you're slick or something. you're not. just so you know, a person with corona infected 53 people.
Yeah. We can see that you're sure.
fuck off

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@WaterPhoenix
i don't think wearing a mask is gonna make it so you can't....
Doesn't matter. It's still their bodies, and thus their choice.

...can you please stop asking questions that make it seem like i'm some abortion freak and that makes me respond like an abortion freak? what i want is for people not to die from complete morons like you. i honestly couldn't care less about abortion.
Real people die from abortions because of morons like you.

...just so you know, a person with corona infected 53 people.
Well, a woman would have to abort 20 sets of triplets to be as evil as that person! Wow! Morality is sure easy your way!

fuck off
Lol. Now we know that you're sure.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@ethang5
i don't think wearing a mask is gonna make it so you can't....
lmao don't put ellipses like there's nothing important after, read the whole sentence.
Real people die from abortions because of morons like you.
and way more real people die from corona because of morons like you so stfu
Well, a woman would have to abort 20 sets of triplets to be as evil as that person! Wow! Morality is sure easy your way!
wth do you mean morality is easy my way? is it better that i only stabbed someone's mother instead of their mother and father?
Lol. Now we know that you're sure.
who's we?

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@WaterPhoenix
lmao don't put ellipses like there's nothing important after, read the whole sentence.
It doesn't matter. It's STILL my body my choice!

..and way more real people die from corona because of morons like you so stfu
Abortions kill more people in 3 months than corona has ever killed. But at least now you're arguing for what you incorrectly think is the lesser evil.

wth do you mean morality is easy my way?
Your morality says killing 5 people is more moral than killing 10 people. I always thought killing was immoral.

Lol. Now we know that you're sure.

who's we?
Certainly not the people reading this exchange, that would be too obvious.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@ethang5
ethang, you aren't funny, like, at all.
Abortions kill more people in 3 months than corona has ever killed. But at least now you're arguing for what you incorrectly think is the lesser evil.
im not arguing for abortions im arguing against not wearing a mask
Your morality says killing 5 people is more moral than killing 10 people. I always thought killing was immoral.
ok, so to you, it'd be fine if i only murdered say, 1 of your loved one's instead of all of them right? it doesn't make a difference either way. mass serial homicide and killing one innocent person is also the same thing right? no fkin shit killing is immoral, killing more people is even more immoral.

ethang, i don't care to have a discussion about abortion death counts with you. i honestly couldn't care less. just wear the damn mask so you don't kill someone you care about's family member or loved one, or worse yet one of your loved ones. 
ethang5
ethang5

ethang, you aren't funny, like, at all.
Lucky for me then that I was shooting just for correct.

im not arguing for abortions im arguing against not wearing a mask
I know. I'm trying to get you to argue on the thread's topic.

ok, so to you, it'd be fine if i only murdered say, 1 of your loved one's instead of all of them right?
Wrong. That's your morality. Abortion is OK because it only kills one, not wearing a mask is terrible because it might kill many. My morality says all killing is immoral.

...killing is immoral, killing more people is even more immoral.
What about who is killed? Is killing 9 black gangster rappers more immoral than 
8 innocent white babies?

...just wear the damn mask
Ya, mein herr.

i honestly couldn't care less
OK then, run along. I want the discuss the challenge made in the OP of the thread with people who can debate issues. You know? What the debate board was designed for?
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
My ego? It's a question
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@WaterPhoenix
It is also the opinion of thousands of others that say it does nothing to wear a mask. Who is wrong? and why?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Killing yourself harms no one but yourself
sadolite
sadolite
If I am to be determined a threat to the public, am I not entitled to due process of law?

sadolite
sadolite
I think the overwhelming response is pretty much obey authority blindly , don't question it and fuck your rights and civil liberties. I guess that response pretty much reconciles it for most.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@sadolite
You're wrong obviously. You think you're opinion is more worth more than people who have gone to years of medical school? No, it's not. You're wrong. Go wear a mask.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@ethang5
..."Real people die from abortions because of morons like you."..

Its not a question of "real" and most of you pro-lifers do not have the mental ability to make the distinction between;

1} fetus/baby organism of the mother, and,

2} independent { breathing on its own aka viable and cord is severed } individual

When you and others have the intellectual ability and the courage to place you ego to the side and be honest in those regards, please respond.

Otherwise dont bother as your not worth the effort  to waste rational, logical common sense on.

Wear the mask will make for less burden on health care workers and the whole health care system. Oh yeah, you and sadolite dont 'care' about health care of others or the systems they work in.  More signs of your lack of more integrity. Sad :--(
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@ethang5
@sadolite
@WaterPhoenix
@ebuc
@Intelligence_06
Due to multiple posts clearly crossing the line, and the general trajectory, I'm locking thread a day for things to cool down (someone please remind me after 24 hours to unlock it).

Probably everyone in it has seen the notice about this type of thing, but for a reminder (I strongly suggest familiarizing yourselves with it before continuing to participate in this conversation): https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3621-moderation-notice
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@sadolite
Killing yourself harms no one but yourself
Guess you have no friends or family that cared about you or maybe you don't think there is thing called mental illness.

Don't know what is more sad what I said above or the environment you have been brought up in. 
sadolite
sadolite
Physical harm and having your feelings hurt are not the same thing.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Well if you say I am wrong I guess that pretty much settles it.  But I didn't  argue anything to be wrong about. I simply asked how "my body my choice" can be reconciled with regard to being forced to wear a mask.  On a side note, are you saying if science makes some doomsday prediction and recommends some sort of action they then by proxy will  decide what my civil liberties and rights are? For example: Science says cars that run on gasoline will destroy the atmosphere, science recommends doing away with all cars that run on gasoline. Govt under their recommendation makes all cars that run on gasoline illegal.  I no longer have a right to buy a car of my choice but must buy some govt mandated POS that doesn't serve my needs at all.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@sadolite
terrible analogies lol. science cannot decide your morals, cars are needed for ease of transporatation and the prosper of our society as a whole. science cannot decide anything, science tells you the facts and you do the deciding. sometimes the deciding is very easy. science says that if you stab someone that they will die, the most common decision is not doing it. that's called common sense. now back to the topic, it's scientifically proven not wearing a mask can kill someone, if you're completely fine with that, go seek mental help.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Um science is deciding that I am a danger to everyone around me if I don't wear a mask without so much as a physical examination. If that passes as  science I no longer believe anything science says about anything.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@sadolite
Did you actually just ignore everything I just typed?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@WaterPhoenix
You said science can not decide my morals, I just proved it is. I can not decide based on sciences recommendations as to weather I can wear a mask or not.  Science tells govt what to do, govt tells me what to do.  My last analogy is spot on. Science can say what ever it wants and suggest to the govt it take some action. Then people who believe everything with the words "experts say" or "experts suggest" or "scientists believe" at the beginning of a sentence who are in govt,mandate I have to do what they say. People like you for instance. Your attempts to dismiss me by attacking my intelligence or my mental faculties are only a reflection on you not me. If I cant question "your science" you are not presenting science.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Um no, I just proved science is deciding via proxy through govt how I should live my life.  I have no choice to make, moral or immoral. I will wear a mask or be subject to  fines, imprisonment, denied service, denied employment and pretty soon forced entry into my home by govt officials all on the recommendation of science. Broward county in Florida passed a law saying you have to wear a mask in your own house. All based on a recommendation from science.   The clause itself states:
Section 4. Responsibility to Ensure Compliance with Applicable Orders. A. Residential Property Residents. All persons who reside on any residential property, whether single family or multi-family, and irrespective of whether they own or rent the property, must ensure that all persons on the residential property, including guests, comply with all applicable guidelines of any Broward County Emergency Order, including the facial covering requirements. Residents who fail to ensure compliance with all applicable Broward County Emergency Orders by such persons shall be subject to the penalties set forth in Section 8-56 of the Broward County Code of Ordinances, with each person present and in violation of an applicable Emergency Order constituting a separate violation.

dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@sadolite
I'm not sure what the issue is. No one's going to force a mask on you. If you're happy to accept the terms of non-compliance you can walk around without a mask all day. There is a cost to living in society, and one of those costs is adhering to rules which generally make the society a safer and better place for all collectively. Consider any penalties as society telling you to fuck off with your selfishness.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@sadolite
Can you not understand the way I phrased my last post or are you igrnoring it? Please read my last post.
sadolite
sadolite
test
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@sadolite
Are you pro-choice?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
My opinion on the matter is irrelevant. There are only 9 people in the country that are relevant to your question. What the people think such as you or me  is not relevant.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@dustryder
I know you don't know what the issue is. Civil liberties and rights don't mean anything to you. Due process of law doesn't mean anything to you. 
sadolite
sadolite
Just for clarity, wearing masks and locking down businesses isn't about saving anyone's life but only to slow the spread and prolong the inevitable? There is no cure, correct? You are not saving anyone's life by wearing a mask or closing down a business. All will eventually be exposed  and they will die or they wont. Is this correct?  The reason I ask this is because people keep saying I don't care about other peoples lives because I don't want to wear a mask. Wouldn't wearing  a mask just be virtue signaling and a personal demonstration of submission? You aren't potentially saving a life by wearing it. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@sadolite
So is that a yes then?

Sounds like a yes.