Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 233
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
yes but it didnt work
It did work. They got their cases under control. The cases have started to go back up when they stopped doing it. 

The US never got it's cases under control. They were still increasing when the "lockdowns" (I use the quotes because there were never effective lockdowns in lots of places) started being lifted. This, coupled with the fact that no significant efforts were made to improve testing or contact tracing, is why America is now the epicenter of the virus in the world. 

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
so it didnt work
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
so it didnt work
no, it did exactly what it was supposed to. It got their cases under control. What about that confuses you?

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
yes but there is a second spike NOW!
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
yes but there is a second spike NOW!
yes. once lockdowns ease then cases can go back up. What is your point? The purpose of the lock down is not to guarantee that cases will never go up again. Nothing can do that other than a vaccine. 

The purpose of the lockdown is to get cases under control. Which it did. And presumably will do again. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
austrialia is till in lockdown
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
austrialia is till in lockdown
no. the lockdowns eased. But now they have had flare ups in 2 cities so those cities have returned to lockdown. austrialia is not in lockdown, 2 cities in Australia are. 

And again, no one ever claimed that the lockdowns would magically make the virus disappear. There will be 2nd and 3rd waves. Although it doesn't look like there will be in the US because it's not looking like the 1st wave will ever actually be gotten under control. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
due to high temps
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
due to high temps
lol no. There is no evidence that temperature has anything to do with the spreading of the virus. The only way I could see that it would was if it made people do things that were unsafe, like say crowding onto beaches. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
there is an incredilbre amount of evidence
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
there is an incredilbre amount of evidence
and yet you don't have any. funny how that works....

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
i ahve many times on this thread
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
i ahve many times on this thread
not that i've ever seen. Although i didn't check every message. All I ever saw was a map showing that southern states have lots of cases. But, as I said before, that is absolutely not evidence of a correlation between the 2 things. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Seriously man, you need to read the articles you link before you link them. This is from the article. 

Though transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 virus has been understood to transmit mainly through large droplets expelled during coughing, sneezing, or talking, Nardell said that evidence has risen that at least some cases of COVID-19 occur via airborne transmission

It straight out says the virus mainly is transmitted through large droplets. So even if air conditioning is a factor (which they are not saying they know is true), it is still only a minor one. There is still mixed evidence about whether the virus is able to be remain airborne. 

It is like you actively try to disprove your own arguments, but don't understand you are disproving them. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
it never claimed that
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
it never claimed that
it never claimed the exact text I just provided for you? Seriously? You can't read an article you post, and you also can't read an excerpt from the article that I post right here for you?

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
it said it was creating more cases
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
it said it was creating more cases
It said the primary way the virus is transmitted is through large droplets (ie not staying airborne). However "evidence has risen that at least some cases of COVID-19 occur via airborne transmission". 

So basically, most cases are direct transmission from bodily fluid. But some evidence has come up that some cases may be caused by airborne transmission. So they aren't even stating definitively that a single case has been transmitted by airborne transmission. Just that there is some evidence that some cases might be caused that way. 

That is a very, very long way from the argument you are trying to make. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
the transmission is spead up by AC
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
the transmission is spead up by AC
the article you linked to didn't say that. It said there is some evidence that some cases might be spread that way. But there is not 1 single definitive case of that happening.

Is it possible that in some cases this happens, maybe. The science isn't in yet. But we know that the majority of cases are not spread that way, so your argument that this is somehow significant in spreading the virus is completely unsubstantiated. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
IT DID SAY THAT
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
IT DID SAY THAT
it said most cases are from large dropulets. Which is not airborne. It said there is some evidence that some cases might be caused by airborne transmission. But there is no confirmation that even a single case is caused by airborne transmission. Let alone that it is a significant factor in spreading the virus. 

Can you seriously not read the article?

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
which circulate throught the air via AC
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
which circulate throught the air via AC
nope. Large droplets are too large to stay in the air. That's why they are large. In order to stay in the air the droplets need to be really small. And so far there is no conclusive evidence the virus can be passed in droplets that small. So no, at the moment there is no solid evidence that an AC can spread covid. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
you didnt read the article
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
you didnt read the article
lol I quoted directly from the article showing you that you are wrong. And your response is that you think i didn't read it? How did I quote the article to you without reading it?

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
there was no direct quotes
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
there was no direct quotes
there was. I will repeat it again. This is the quote from the article:

"Though transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 virus has been understood to transmit mainly through large droplets expelled during coughing, sneezing, or talking, Nardell said that evidence has risen that at least some cases of COVID-19 occur via airborne transmission"

They are saying that the primary way the virus is transmitted is through large droplets, but that there is some evidence that some cases might be caused by airborne transmission. But there are no confirmed cases of that happening. so it is at most a minor factor, and it is entirely possible it is doesn't factor in at all.