@HistoryBuff
that wuote proves what i have benn saying
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
that wuote proves what i have benn saying
you've been saying that the heat doesn't have any proven affect on spreading covid? Because that is what the article is saying.

The article says there there is SOME evidence that SOME cases MIGHT be caused by airborne transmission. IE very, very few cases (if any) are transmitted that way. So air conditioning would not be a significant factor in spreading covid. 

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
its hotter temperatues and AC indoors
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
They are saying that the primary way the virus is transmitted is through large droplets, but that there is some evidence that some cases might be caused by airborne transmission. But there are no confirmed cases of that happening. so it is at most a minor factor, and it is entirely possible it is doesn't factor in at all.

The article says there there is SOME evidence that SOME cases MIGHT be caused by airborne transmission. IE very, very few cases (if any) are transmitted that way. So air conditioning would not be a significant factor in spreading covid. 

I would agree with that.  And it should be obvious why people are skeptical of mask mandates since talking and breathing do not expel large droplets or distance like coughing and sneezing do, right?

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
he doesnt understand that hotter temperatures force people inside with AC, which is why the numbers are up
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Dr.Franklin
oh I know, basically I was making an if/then statement :)  if the droplets are too small to infect anyone except very rare cases then people don't need masks unless they are coughing and sneezing because of those same small droplets.  Though I would argue that people congregating inside an office building and the like would be at more risk (assuming there is a risk) as the air condition would circulate the increased amount of particles.  Far more dangerous than being outside or shopping in a non crowded store etc.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
 And it should be obvious why people are skeptical of mask mandates since talking and breathing do not expel large droplets or distance like coughing and sneezing do, right?
that is false. Talking and breathing can and do expel large droplets. 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
its hotter temperatues and AC indoors
you completely ignored the point. Yes AC drives people indoors and makes people turn on AC. However there is no solid evidence that anyone has ever caught covid because of AC or via airborne transmission. And even if there are a few cases, the vast majority of cases do not spread that way. So even if it is a factor, it is a very minor one.

So no, hot weather is not causing corona virus to spread. Idiots not obeying social distancing and not wearing their masks are spreading corona virus. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
nope, it is because of AC and that is a fact
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
that is false. Talking and breathing can and do expel large droplets. 
so why couldn't an air conditioning or other air circulating systems circulate those droplets?

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
yep and spread it to other people, even VOX admitted this in May

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
nope, it is because of AC and that is a fact
lol so you provide a source which pretty clearly disproves what you are saying, I explain how it is disproving what you are saying, and then you respond with basically sticking your fingers in your ears and repeating the same bullshit. 

How intellectually honest can you be to see articles proving you are wrong, but keep clinging to the same lies?

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
so why couldn't an air conditioning or other air circulating systems circulate those droplets?
the issue is droplet size. Droplets that are sprayed out of people's mouths are obviously not all the same size. In order for the droplets to remain airborne and be spread by an AC they need to be very small. The evidence so far has not shown that droplets that small can infect someone. So it is possible that in some cases this does happen, but so far there isn't any evidence that this is a common way to spread the virus. 

So while we certainly need further investigation to be certain, so far the much more important things to be focusing on are getting people to socially distance and wear masks. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
The evidence so far has not shown that droplets that small can infect someone. 
I believe that is true and I also believe the models that show how droplets travel when talking, sneezing, coughing etc.  Have you see those graphs?  was on ncbi or some website, it's been posted here somewhere.  What a recall from them is the large droplets drop rather quickly and don't go that far when talking.  In fact they only travel about 3 feet (arms length).  Because of that information I still maintain a mask isn't needed unless a person is sneezing or coughing.  Which I believe is support by your thought on them being circulated by ac.  
Also based on this eye shields aren't needed either unless there is potential exposure from coughing or sneezing.
it seems pretty logical doesn't it?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
 In fact they only travel about 3 feet (arms length).  Because of that information I still maintain a mask isn't needed unless a person is sneezing or coughing.
I haven't seen those graphs. But that could be accurate. But that still wouldn't justify not wearing a mask in public. Lots of people still aren't adhereing to social distancing and will regularly end up inside of that distance. Also, your spit will still end up on objects around you that other people will touch. You are therefore still very much capable of spreading the virus to other people. 

It might be possible to put rules in place like you describe, but sadly people simply aren't following social distancing rules nearly enough for that to work. Complicating the rules further won't help. I think it is a much better plan to keep it simple. You want to go into a public place then wear a mask. Simple, easy to follow, easy to spot people breaking the rules. 

Also based on this eye shields aren't needed either unless there is potential exposure from coughing or sneezing.
I haven't seen any rules that require eye shields? Is that a rule somewhere that I haven't seen?

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
actually there is no actual instance of someone contracting covid from an object, much like what you read about the small droplets I think you'll find the surface risk is the same just a possible theory.  If you dig deeper you'll also find they have been applying this to asymptomatic people as well.
breaking rules is very American, like not sitting in the back of the bus etc

people don't have to justify not wearing a mask, that should be their choice, just like it's you choice to avoid them or stay home.  Let's be real how many store employees have you seen wearing the mask below their nose if at all.

the problem with masks is it's giving people a false sense of security and not staying home, maintaining distance etc.

if you can, listen to this guy with an open mind, you don't have to agree, but follow the logic if you can, it may help you understand other's point of view.

we've had to wear eye shields at work and apparently Faucci is advocating them now.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
you have to test and demonstrate how the article disproved my point
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
actually there is no actual instance of someone contracting covid from an object, much like what you read about the small droplets I think you'll find the surface risk is the same just a possible theory.
what? no. This is one of the common ways of spreading the virus. Someone with the virus puts it on an object like a doorknob. Someone else touches the door knob and then touches their face and then contracts the virus. 

people don't have to justify not wearing a mask, that should be their choice, just like it's you choice to avoid them or stay home.
this is not even remotely true. The government has the power to mandate safety equipment. You want to ride in a car? you will wear a seatbelt or you will be fined. You want to walk in public? you will wear a minimum amount of clothing or you can be arrested. There is nothing new about the government creating rules requiring specific things to be warn. 

if you can, listen to this guy with an open mind, you don't have to agree, but follow the logic if you can, it may help you understand other's point of view.
i sort of skimmed through it to get some of the bullet points. He does have some valid points. The lockdowns do hurt people. I do not dispute that. But alot more people would be hurt by letting the virus run rampant. 

we've had to wear eye shields at work and apparently Faucci is advocating them now.
do you mind me asking what kind of work it is you do? Maybe there is a specific reason in your industry they are needed. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
This is one of the common ways of spreading the virus. Someone with the virus puts it on an object like a doorknob. Someone else touches the door knob and then touches their face and then contracts the virus. 
I've looked and haven't found any evidence or study that backs that up, maybe you could provide some for us.

you should petition your government officials to stop obesity, much bigger death threat than covid

What are the covid stats in your state?

Mine is under 90k positives and under 3k deaths (about 10% are assumed, not actually tested)  8.536 million people, positive rate is 0.01%  death rate of positive is 0.03%
(using 90k and 3k respectively)
considering the delay in lockdown, distancing, masks etc those numbers are rather meh, then factor in the non compliance and people who don't wear them correctly.

Personally the touching and adjusting of masks I've witnessed a lot,  I find myself doing it as well, my hands are around my face far more now than when I didn't have to wear a mask.

I work in healthcare.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I've looked and haven't found any evidence or study that backs that up, maybe you could provide some for us..
i'm sorry, I don't understand. This is the main way the virus spreads. How do you think the virus is spreading then?

you should petition your government officials to stop obesity, much bigger death threat than covid
this response is a silly attempt to distract. Obesity is caused by decisions made by that person. They have the ability to prevent it. No one dies from obesity who didn't make choices that lead to that death. Covid doesn't care what choices you make. You can do everything right and still die of Covid. They are in no way comparable. 

Personally the touching and adjusting of masks I've witnessed a lot,  I find myself doing it as well, my hands are around my face far more now than when I didn't have to wear a mask.
probably not true. The average person touches their face constantly. But it is the kind of thing we don't think about. You are just much more conscious of how much you are touching your face now. 

I work in healthcare.
I see. Well then you are likely coming into contact with people who have covid much more frequently than average. So the odds of someone coughing or sneezing at you is much higher. I could see how face shields would be necessary for people in healthcare. 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
i'm sorry, I don't understand. This is the main way the virus spreads. How do you think the virus is spreading then?
airborne large droplets, it doesn't survive long on surfaces, if it's touch based then what good are masks?  people are constantly touching the outside of their masks which harbor a bunch of the virus.  If that's the mode of transmission masks are actually making it worse like suggested in the video.

Well then you are likely coming into contact with people who have covid much more frequently than average.
actually sick people aren't dealt with in the same way as they use to, I'm not sure if you remember the financial problems offices and hospitals were having, part of that is the way they handled sick people.

I'd say my risk is lower than a Walmart cashier.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
if it's touch based then what good are masks? 
the point of the are to keep the virus in, primarily from people not showing symptoms. 

people are constantly touching the outside of their masks which harbor a bunch of the virus.  If that's the mode of transmission masks are actually making it worse like suggested in the video.
that would only be true if people weren't touching their faces regularly without the masks. But they do. So no, I don't see how they could possibly make it worse. 

I'd say my risk is lower than a Walmart cashier.
hard for me to say. If you are a doctor, nurse, orderly etc, then no. Your risk would be much higher. But i'm sure there are lots of people in the medical field who don't regularly come into contact with sick people. 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
 People are constantly touching the outside of their masks which harbor a bunch of the virus.  If that's the mode of transmission masks are actually making it worse like suggested in the video.