Canada Got Better. The United States Got Trump. (coronavirus)

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 91
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
You’re delusional or just didn’t watch the entire hearing if you believe this. They asked a question. He was answering and before he could finish answering “rEClaIMiNg mY tIMe.” Even then, a good 80% was just a speech without any questions during a “hearing.”
I will grant you the speech part. There definitely was alot of that. But these hearings are pretty much useless anyway. The person being questioned just doesn't answer the question. That is how everyone related to the trump government treats hearings. So yeah, they just become an excuse to grand stand since they know the witness isn't going to actually answer them anyway. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
I will grant you the speech part. There definitely was alot of that. But these hearings are pretty much useless anyway. The person being questioned just doesn't answer the question. That is how everyone related to the trump government treats hearings. So yeah, they just become an excuse to grand stand since they know the witness isn't going to actually answer them anyway. 
If they are useless, why call him for a “hearing?” It was evident that the answers Barr was giving didn’t fit their narrative and that’s why they had to cut him off. Every time he wasn’t allowed to answer, a GOP congressman gave up part of their questioning time for him to respond. Does that not strike you as unfair? Speeches can be given anywhere. Why waste the time of everyone by calling for a hearing if he wasn’t going to be heard.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
If they are useless, why call him for a “hearing?”
in a vain attempt to hold him accountable for the terrible things he is doing. It is one of the few powers they have to that end. 

It was evident that the answers Barr was giving didn’t fit their narrative and that’s why they had to cut him off. 
It was evident that the answers he was giving were inaccurate or misleading. Barr has a long record of these hearings, he knows how to skirt questions and stick to his talking points. 

Speeches can be given anywhere. Why waste the time of everyone by calling for a hearing if he wasn’t going to be heard.
why waste the time of everyone just to hear the same lies and talking points over and over?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
in a vain attempt to hold him accountable for the terrible things he is doing. It is one of the few powers they have to that end. 
They won’t even let him answer lol. If they want to impeach him they’re more than welcome to. It’s gonna fail again anyways.

It was evident that the answers he was giving were inaccurate or misleading. Barr has a long record of these hearings, he knows how to skirt questions and stick to his talking points. 
This is exactly my point. You don’t like what he’s saying so you don’t let him talk lol. Censorship 101.

why waste the time of everyone just to hear the same lies and talking points over and over?
What? If this is your opinion why call him in the first place lol. Just impeach him.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
They won’t even let him answer lol.
I don't care enough about this to keep arguing. I simply don't care about that lying, evil, sack of crap. 

If they want to impeach him they’re more than welcome to. It’s gonna fail again anyways.
There is no need to. Trump is headed for a historic ass kicking in november. 

This is exactly my point. You don’t like what he’s saying so you don’t let him talk lol. Censorship 101.
lol this is a government hearing. There are a myriad of rules around how this works. It is not a forum for free speech. The person being questioned does not have the right to cut off the questioner. 

What? If this is your opinion why call him in the first place lol. Just impeach him.
We have already seen that this is useless. The republicans do not give a shit if someone is guilty. If they are republican or are working for trump then the republicans will protect him. The point of the hearing is partially to grandstand. But also to draw attention to the horrifying things the trump government is doing. This will help to ensure trump is voted out in november. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
lol this is a government hearing. There are a myriad of rules around how this works. It is not a forum for free speech. The person being questioned does not have the right to cut off the questioner. 
If they’re answering the question they shouldn’t be cut off if you want to play that game.

We have already seen that this is useless. The republicans do not give a shit if someone is guilty. If they are republican or are working for trump then the republicans will protect him. The point of the hearing is partially to grandstand. But also to draw attention to the horrifying things the trump government is doing. This will help to ensure trump is voted out in november.
We both know you aren’t going to be preventing Trump from winning by voting Biden because you said you weren’t. As for grandstanding, thanks for agreeing that the entire hearing was a sham because of the Democrats.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
If they’re answering the question they shouldn’t be cut off if you want to play that game.
if you haven't finished asking your question yet, then they are cutting you off. And if they aren't even bothering to answer the question, then why let them go on lying and distracting?

We both know you aren’t going to be preventing Trump from winning by voting Biden because you said you weren’t.
even if the polling was as off as it was in 2016, Biden would still win in a landslide. 

As for grandstanding, thanks for agreeing that the entire hearing was a sham because of the Democrats.
No. The point of the hearing was to draw attention to the horrendous things the trump government is doing and to get an official response on record. Nothing bar was going to say was likely to be useful or relevant. But it is still useful to call them out for their tyranny. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
if you haven't finished asking your question yet, then they are cutting you off. And if they aren't even bothering to answer the question, then why let them go on lying and distracting?
Why continue allowing them to grandstand and continue putting talking points out there. You disagree with it, why can’t Barr correct the record? In fact he actually did with the next GOP congressman. Democrats just couldn’t listen to it because they didn’t like it. You admit it.

even if the polling was as off as it was in 2016, Biden would still win in a landslide. 
But you won’t be voting for Biden, so one less vote him right? As for polling Hillary was winning in Summer 2016 by a lot and Alaska was lean GOP in the end of October per some polling. Don’t worry the poll that matters is on November 3rd. I’ll be voting Trump. You won’t be voting Biden.

No. The point of the hearing was to draw attention to the horrendous things the trump government is doing and to get an official response on record. Nothing bar was going to say was likely to be useful or relevant. But it is still useful to call them out for their tyranny. 
That’s antithetical to the definition of a “hearing.” Congressman Can speak all they want on the House floor about the exact same thing. Why do they need to call Barr lol.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
Why continue allowing them to grandstand and continue putting talking points out there. You disagree with it, why can’t Barr correct the record? In fact he actually did with the next GOP congressman. Democrats just couldn’t listen to it because they didn’t like it. You admit it.
I admit they dislike his lies and misdirection and that republicans will allow him to say anything he wants (regardless if it is true) because they are political hacks. Please note most of the dems are political hacks too. 

But you won’t be voting for Biden, so one less vote him right? 
At this point I have reluctantly had to change my mind. I strongly dislike Biden. But Trump's complete botching of the Coronavirus pandemic coupled with his attacks on protesters are deeply disturbing. As much as I dislike the idea of Biden being president, Trump being president is much more disturbing. 

As for polling Hillary was winning in Summer 2016 by a lot and Alaska was lean GOP in the end of October per some polling. Don’t worry the poll that matters is on November 3rd.
the polls for hillary were off by a few points in a few states. If they are off by the same amount now then trump is getting absolutely crushed. The polls have biden up 10+ points. Hillary was never up by that much and trump only very narrowly managed to eke out a win. 

That’s antithetical to the definition of a “hearing.” Congressman Can speak all they want on the House floor about the exact same thing. Why do they need to call Barr lol.
Basically, it is to call out his egregious behavior to his face. He is going to lie and misdirect, and he is very good at it. But you have to call out their horrendous behavior even if you can't force them to stop. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
At this point I have reluctantly had to change my mind. I strongly dislike Biden. But Trump's complete botching of the Coronavirus pandemic coupled with his attacks on protesters are deeply disturbing. As much as I dislike the idea of Biden being president, Trump being president is much more disturbing. 
Funny. Cant vote your ideals just cause someone sucks. How does it make you feel that Progressives will never dominate the party if Joe Biden is elected.

the polls for hillary were off by a few points in a few states. If they are off by the same amount now then trump is getting absolutely crushed. The polls have biden up 10+ points. Hillary was never up by that much and trump only very narrowly managed to eke out a win.
The only poll that matter is November 3rd.

Basically, it is to call out his egregious behavior to his face. He is going to lie and misdirect, and he is very good at it. But you have to call out their horrendous behavior even if you can't force them to stop.
Lmao then you can’t be saying Barr should’ve kept his mouth shut. His behavior was completely fine because of childlike display of Democrats at that hearing.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
Funny. Cant vote your ideals just cause someone sucks.
my ideals are for a society that doesn't tolerate sending shock troops to trigger violence for political gain. My ideals are that the government should take care of it's people during a crisis and not sacrifice them to a pandemic in order to allow rich people to go back to making money (and also for political gain). 

How does it make you feel that Progressives will never dominate the party if Joe Biden is elected.
Joe biden being elected is certainly a setback. But you can't stop progress. more progressives are getting elected. Otherwise "safe" establishment dem seats are coming under threat from progressive candidates. Change will come. 

The only poll that matter is November 3rd.
spoken as someone who sees the writing on the wall and covers their eyes. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
my ideals are for a society that doesn't tolerate sending shock troops to trigger violence for political gain. My ideals are that the government should take care of it's people during a crisis and not sacrifice them to a pandemic in order to allow rich people to go back to making money (and also for political gain). 
Feds didn’t start the violence. Feds didn’t create the Coronavirus.

Joe biden being elected is certainly a setback. But you can't stop progress. more progressives are getting elected. Otherwise "safe" establishment dem seats are coming under threat from progressive candidates. Change will come.
No it won’t. Democrats won the House because of moderates not Progressives. Progressives have proven track records of losing competitive races and it will only get harder if more and more progressives primary moderates. The Democratic Party won’t allow it.

spoken as someone who sees the writing on the wall and covers their eyes. 
You disagree?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
my ideals are for a society that doesn't tolerate sending shock troops to trigger violence for political gain.

So you are against Antifa and BLM. Good to know.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
So you are against Antifa and BLM. Good to know.
Antifa, yeah pretty much. I don't agree with alot of their tactics.

BLM, no not at all. They are a protest movement advocating for the rights of black people. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff

They are a protest movement advocating for the rights of black people. 

The right to kill police?  Sure. I mean how many have they killed this month? Like 20?

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
The right to kill police?  Sure. I mean how many have they killed this month? Like 20?
we're back to this are we? You just choosing to lump anyone and everyone into 1 category and then pretend like there is no difference. Rioters and protesters are different groups. It doesn't matter how many times you whine about it and pretend like they are all the same. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
They are literally chanting for the death of ALL police. You can't get any more clear than that.

If you were to survey any BLM protester and ask them if police lives mattered every one will say no. It's a fact.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
They are literally chanting for the death of ALL police. You can't get any more clear than that.
what? who is?

If you were to survey any BLM protester and ask them if police lives mattered every one will say no. It's a fact.
oh i see. So what we are doing is you are making shit up and calling it a fact.

Let me try, Trump is nazi and wants to resurrect Adolf Hitler and create the 4th Reich. It's a fact. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
lol a satirist talked to a couple people in New York and you feel that gives you sufficient evidence to say what every single one of the millions of BLM supporters think? 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I keep telling you this. You need to actually make an argument. I'm not going to go through articles and then try to guess why you linked them. Tell me what your point is. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
again, I do not respond to you just linking things. If you won't spend the time to write an argument, I'm not going to waste my time trying to figure out what your point is. Make an argument or I will just assume you are conceding. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
again, make an argument. I'm not going to read your links if you don;t. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
again, make an argument. I'm not going to read your links if you don;t. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot