Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 312
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@Vader
Speed gives me a town vibe. His defense by reading patterns of old post is a sign of his town play. But since it’s Speed, his town puts him in my null
I'm not sure what you're saying here. If it's "speed is very good, particularly as scum, so I'm extra cautious about giving him a townread, so he's staying in null" that's ok I guess.

If it's "speed is very good, particularly as scum, so by default I scumread him to avoid being wrong, therefore this is promoting him to null" it's stupid.

You can use more caution with reading a good scum player but I don't think making them scum by default is a wise strategy, and based on your statement that's what it seemed like you were doing.
warren42
warren42
-->
@ILikePie5
VTL Warren por actividad
God how many times do I have to talk to you (general you, not just Pie (but also Pie specifically)) about how stupid this is? Like why would you vote someone "for activity" when they haven't come on yet?

If they posted then go afk sure, whatever. But if they haven't come online, your vote isn't going to do shit because they haven't looked at the game.

Voting someone "for activity" if they haven't posted at all is stupid, full stop. The only case this is acceptable is if you're actually willing to/trying to lynch someone who has 0-posted.
warren42
warren42
-->
@Vader
I've been recently watching and playing live mafia with experts such as Lunatic, Mikal, YYW, etc.
I assume you know this, but I'll say it anyway. Just because someone has played for a long time doesn't mean they're a mafia expert. For example, I've been playing for 3-4 years and still think my town game is only okay. That said, these three are all good players, though obviously not without their faults. For example, please don't adopt YYW's arrogance ;)

Also, live mafia is different, as I'm sure you also know, so just be careful is all. I think you're probably being smart about this and recognize when something isn't good even if a good player does it, but just wanted to throw this out there.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@PressF4Respect
Sure, bud. You really didn’t seem to apply their principles to Poker mafia, though 🤔
Comedy gold xD
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@PressF4Respect
DD is rapidly imploding as we speak (but of course you’re going to deny this and continue defending your scum partner lol). Speed didn’t. 
<3
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
God how many times do I have to talk to you (general you, not just Pie (but also Pie specifically)) about how stupid this is? Like why would you vote someone "for activity" when they haven't come on yet?

If they posted then go afk sure, whatever. But if they haven't come online, your vote isn't going to do shit because they haven't looked at the game.

Voting someone "for activity" if they haven't posted at all is stupid, full stop. The only case this is acceptable is if you're actually willing to/trying to lynch someone who has 0-posted.
Welcome to the game.
Speedrace
Speedrace
As I explained in a previous post, town would focus on the info, as it directly benefits them. This isn’t the case for scum whose sole purpose of investigating is to get the person lynched. 
This is flawed, because you would be implying that DD asking you for a name is an effort to get you lynched. If he said "there's no name, your obvious scum!" then that's obviously  scummy, but simply missing the name is excusable
warren42
warren42
Every villain in the history thought they were doing the right thing.
Definitely not true, tons of them are vindictive, power-hungry, or just straight-up evil.

To use someone you did, Thanos, for example, clearly didn't care about what he said he did, else he could've used the stones to create a universe where the resources are sufficient instead of killing people off until the resources are (side note, he wouldn't have helped that either way since by killing off half the life is also destroying half the chicken, half the beef cattle, half the wheat, half the soybeans, etc., but that's a discussion for a different thread)
warren42
warren42
If there is scum between Disc/Press, I'd go with the former. I'm not convinced this isn't two townies bickering though.
warren42
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
Oh Lunatic confirmed he gave fake claims.

Lunatic: Are they full, character, or role?
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
Oh Lunatic confirmed he gave fake claims.

Lunatic: Are they full, character, or role?

I don't want to give too much information away about this
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
“Sometimes the prize is not worth the costs. The means by which we achieve victory are as important as the victory itself.”

Warren42- 1 /6- iLikePie5
Littlecookie08- 1 /6- DD
DD- 2 /6- PressF4resect, Bullish
iLikePie5- 1 /6- littlecookie08
WaterPhoenix- 1 /6- Crocodile
warren42
warren42
Ok, anyone remember playing in a Lunatic forum game and to what capacity he gave fake claims?
warren42
warren42
Ok, anyone remember playing in a Lunatic forum game and in what capacity he gave fake claims?
EBWOP
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@warren42

If they posted then go afk sure, whatever. But if they haven't come online, your vote isn't going to do shit because they haven't looked at the game.

Maybe it's like an anti lurk measure.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Right now going to have a slight town read warren just off activity. Seems to be a pattern where if he is scum, he tends to be the first to post. Not going to read much, but just a quick note
Vader
Vader
-->
@warren42
I haven't played in a game besides live mafia scum and he gave fake claims for that. I also know he did not sign up for Pie's game due to no fake claims given
Vader
Vader
-->
@warren42
I'm not sure what you're saying here. If it's "speed is very good, particularly as scum, so I'm extra cautious about giving him a townread, so he's staying in null" that's ok I guess.
This is what I meant
Vader
Vader
-->
@warren42
I understand. I just think it's interesting playing with them and how they function
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
PressF hasn't responded to my request to see games of his to compare his usual behavior to his behavior in this game, instead just continuing to tunnel by implying that me unvoting him is a scummy move in some way. It is harder for me to find such games myself due to he lack of a game archive such as in DDO, can anyone else that has played a few games with him direct me towards said games?
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@skittlez09
bruh 
How enlightening. If you are going to be this way the whole game I think I will just keep my vote where it is after all.
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
how come glue doesnt stick to the inside of its bottle but it sticks to everything else? 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
UNVOTE
Vader
Vader
I'm reading a bit more into Disc's play and he's being a bit more aggressive than I think as well. His little push on Cookie is not normal per say, I FoS that without a doubt
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@skittlez09
how come glue doesnt stick to the inside of its bottle but it sticks to everything else? 
holy-
you just gave me an existential crisis right there. asking the real questions.

Vader
Vader
Looking at it through a perspective, I think a lynch on DDO wouldn't be the worse thing in the world IMO. His aggression over very mild comments is a FoS moment. There are also some points about reading that I certainly don't agree with. I think his logic and deduction has turned into a somewhat frustrated rant. I think it is a fair lynch to have in DP1. While I 100% do not like Press's play or claim at all, I think he is a safe DP2 lynch target by policy in general if still alive, I'm fine with a DD or a Press lynch, but I think DD is a lynch that will give us a better understanding of scum. 

I'll wait until tonight to make a decision though
Vader
Vader
I'd say the most likely trade off is a Bullish v Disc if anything. I also don't know much about Bullish play to determine his reactions to things. It's hard to say to determine a read, so I will base it on my personal beliefs, and I have a slight FoS due to his immediate vote on Disc versus doing pressure.

My top town read is warren at the moment, due to activity patterns, so he gets a slight town.

I would put Speed at town, but his expert manipulation as mafia and deception puts him as a null, unless he is confirmed by a NP action.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
Supadudz- Slightly Lean Scum: Was against press, but mainly because of the character (I didn't see a theme split though). But then, flipped around and went against disc, might be a bus attempt with him and Disc and scum partners? 
iLikePie5- Null: Gave a few substansive posts about the playstyles of different players, but that was about it.
Speedrace- Null: Mostly fluff but a few substansive posts, I'd say.
PressF4respect- Lean Town: Reasoning is decent and also isn't rushing to build a wagon and lynch, which earns him some more town cred.
Warren42- Lean Town: No fluff and decent contributions
DD- Kinda Sorta Lean Scum: Keep in mind, I'm not saying he's scum, as many people have stated, it could very well just be two town arguing against each other, but based on the reasoning press has given, if it came down to it, I'd probably lynch Disc rather than Press. (please keep in mind the "if it comes down to it"). Also, I'd like to highlight that the main thing that made Disc seem more scummy was his reaction to the accusations, rather than the accusation itself.
Bullish- Sorta Lean Town: Came in, offered a bit of substantial advice then left.
Littlecookie08-Null: Not active enough
WaterPhoenix-Town
Crocodile-Null: Not active enough

There are a lot of nulls here cause we've yet to hear opinions from some people, and there haven't been enough different interactions for me to read.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WaterPhoenix
iLikePie5- Null: Gave a few substansive posts about the playstyles of different players, but that was about it.

Bullish- Sorta Lean Town: Came in, offered a bit of substantial advice then left.

Why is Bullish town for the same reason I’m null?
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@ILikePie5
Bullish would rather lynch disc and you would rather lynch press. And I would rather lynch disc. This isn't a very good method of determining who's town, hence the "Sorta Lean Town".