Author: HistoryBuff

Total: 138
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
there expolore section is filled with small events that they picked
I don't use twitter much, but a quick search tells me that just shows you categories to help you find the content you are looking for (Ex Super Bowl, sports, fun and news). So how exactly is that twitter choosing content?

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
Yup we should ban Joe Biden from Twitter. Definitely .
this is just getting sad. Trump lies on twitter daily, but it is Joe Biden that needs to be banned? This level of delusion is sad. 

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
by choosing those categories...
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
this is just getting sad. Trump lies on twitter daily, but it is Joe Biden that needs to be banned? This level of delusion is sad. 
You’re just proving my point. Joe Biden said millions of people are dying to Covid in America? Should he be banned from Twitter? If Trump is banned for lying then Joe Biden should be too. It’s only logical 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
When the Democrats lie they aren’t censored but when Trump lies he should be censored. Does that seem fair to anyone. The only argument one can make is that they’re a private company so they can do whatever they want to, but that just proves they’re biased and therefore Section 230 shouldn’t apply to them, because they selectively allow and disallow information.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
by choosing those categories...
so you think by providing popular categories to help people find content that is somehow them blocking or hiding content? People can search whatever they want. Twitter is just providing some popular options. 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
You’re just proving my point. Joe Biden said millions of people are dying to Covid in America? Should he be banned from Twitter?
please show me where he said this.

If Trump is banned for lying then Joe Biden should be too. It’s only logical 
If Joe Biden is intentionally spreading misinformation, then sure, ban him too. You haven't provided any evidence he did this though. Also, Trump lies constantly, like multiple times per day. Trump has probably lied more than every single tweet Biden has ever sent. So comparing the 2 is a little bit off. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Yes.

Nick Sandman is my favorite millionaire right now.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
Donald Trump has bullied and insulted every single politician who stood in his way. Who the fuck does he think he is to cry like a hypocritical filthy rich spoilt brat when...? Oh. That's how he was raised, it makes sense.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
please show me where he said this.

If Joe Biden is intentionally spreading misinformation, then sure, ban him too. You haven't provided any evidence he did this though. Also, Trump lies constantly, like multiple times per day. Trump has probably lied more than every single tweet Biden has ever sent. So comparing the 2 is a little bit off.
That’s not how it works lol. If you’re banning someone for misinformation then you have to ban everyone for misinformation, otherwise it’s selective bias lol. Anyways you agreed that Joe Biden should be banned if he spreads misinformation. If I show you one example of Biden spreading false information, will you agree he should be banned? Same thing with Bernie. Same thing with every Democrat? Because unless you’re telling me Democrats aren’t lying as well, your position is moot.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
lol you are just desperate aren't you? The quote from that article is: “Now we have over 120 million dead from COVID,” Biden continued before correcting himself to say “120,000,” which was not captured by the pool cameraman.

So he said the wrong thing by mistake and immediately corrected himself to say the correct thing. That is not even remotely the same as trump's many, many lies. 

That’s not how it works lol. If you’re banning someone for misinformation then you have to ban everyone for misinformation, otherwise it’s selective bias lol. Anyways you agreed that Joe Biden should be banned if he spreads misinformation.
I said if they are knowingly spreading information. Saying the wrong number then immediately correcting yourself is obviously not intentionally spreading misinformation. 

If I show you one example of Biden spreading false information, will you agree he should be banned? Same thing with Bernie. Same thing with every Democrat? Because unless you’re telling me Democrats aren’t lying as well, your position is moot.
there is a big difference between saying something and being incorrect, and lying / misleading. All politicians say things on camera and get fact checked and turn out to be wrong. Trump says things that are incorrect, gets fact checked, then continues to repeat the lie. He isn't just saying things that are wrong, he is continuing to do it even after being told he is wrong. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
there is a big difference between saying something and being incorrect, and lying / misleading. All politicians say things on camera and get fact checked and turn out to be wrong. Trump says things that are incorrect, gets fact checked, then continues to repeat the lie. He isn't just saying things that are wrong, he is continuing to do it even after being told he is wrong. 
It’s laughable to see the lengths you’re going to defend liberal politicians and their lies lmao. The point is simple. If Trump spreads misinformation he should be banned. But if Democrats do it, they shouldn’t. You denying that Democrats don’t continue to spread misinformation is a plain lie. Fact checkers are lying a lot of the times too, cause they’re part of the media lol. Let the Americans decide what they want to think. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
It’s laughable to see the lengths you’re going to defend liberal politicians and their lies lmao. The point is simple. If Trump spreads misinformation he should be banned. But if Democrats do it, they shouldn’t.
This is pathetic. You use an example where Biden made a simple mistake and then immedeately corrected himself. You are comparing this to trump who lies multiple times per day despite people telling him that the things he is saying are false. 

The 2 are in no way comparable. 1 is a clear and ongoing attempt to mislead and misinform the american people, the other is a simple mistake that they quickly corrected. If you think those 2 are the same, then you are delusional. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
The 2 are in no way comparable. 1 is a clear and ongoing attempt to mislead and misinform the american people, the other is a simple mistake that they quickly corrected. If you think those 2 are the same, then you are delusional. 
The standard should be applied evenly. You can’t say oh just because I lied twice I shouldn’t be taken off. It’s called equal protection under the law. Setting an arbitrary number violates this. Either ban everyone that lies on Twitter or ban no one. Selectively choosing who to ban and who to not is a violation should not be protected under Section 230. It’s simple. Then again you’re the one that wants to ban people from Twitter for different political thoughts not me. Surprised you don’t think it’s a violation of the 1st Amendment.
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
-->
@Intelligence_06
Looks like the united states is getting more authright each day we go.
tf lol
it's becoming more left by a WIDE margin
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@ILikePie5
@Dr.Franklin
im slowly changing to becoming a rightist guys

help me
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Crocodile
I meant to type left but the neighbors just blasting "AMERICA! HECK YEAH!" just subconsciously shifted my fingers. Yeah, they are turning more left than right.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Crocodile
You tagged the two of the possibly rightest rightists on the forums right now so they are just going to endorse your rightism.
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@Intelligence_06
idk man

the dred pirate roberts seems more right than dr.franklin and pie

im currently centrist but i'm going right

fuck
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
The standard should be applied evenly. You can’t say oh just because I lied twice I shouldn’t be taken off. It’s called equal protection under the law. Setting an arbitrary number violates this
your example wasn't a lie. It was a minor error that was quickly corrected. And the scale of lies and misinformation is critically important. If I convince people of 1 minor falsehood, that is bad. If I convince people of hundreds of falsehoods ranging from mild to extremely serious, that is obviously a much bigger problem. 

Either ban everyone that lies on Twitter or ban no one.
This makes no sense. So a guy lying about what kind of car he has is the same as convincing millions of people of hundreds, if not thousands, of lies? Do you really not see how those are different?

Selectively choosing who to ban and who to not is a violation should not be protected under Section 230.
no it isn't. Everyone lies sometimes. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. If you make it a completely black and white issue then you ensure there can be no discussion. Either even the most minor of lies is an immediate punishment (at which point most users wouldn't use the platform) or we have to allow lunatics to peddle lies 24/7 and mislead millions of people. It is not a black and white issue. 

Then again you’re the one that wants to ban people from Twitter for different political thoughts not me.
no i don;t. I don't want anyone to be banned for their political opinion. I do believe people should be banned for intentionally spreading lies and misinformation. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Crocodile
Don't be a "rightist"... just do what is right. Fight a corrupt, bloated government and convince people in every party.

Politicians in both parties are narcissistic and respond to threats to power. So threaten their power and make them do the right thing.

Let's move away from the tribal "might makes right" violent mob rule in the streets and instead let's threaten the real enemy, the corrupt politicians, with ballots instead of frozen bottles, lasers,  and explosives. There's plenty in both parties hiding behind the current manufactured media narratives.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
This makes no sense. So a guy lying about what kind of car he has is the same as convincing millions of people of hundreds, if not thousands, of lies? Do you really not see how those are different?
Everyone should be equal under the law. Surprised you disagree with that. Violation are violations. You can’t censor one person and not the other no matter how small or large the “crime” is. Either way there is no arbiter of truth as it depends on public opinion which is changing. 
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@Greyparrot
thx for the propoganda man

;)
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Crocodile
im slowly changing to becoming a rightist guys

help me
We’re always welcoming! We’re not the side that supports censoring speech that isn’t aligned with out own. We aren’t the side that doesn’t condemn violent protests. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Crocodile
Btw are you a finance major?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
I find it funny how spreading misinformation shouldn’t be protected under the 1st Amendment if saying the N word and chanting racial slurs as a KKK member is constitutional.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
It's okay...there will be more Nick Sandman millionaires cashing in on the Twitter lawsuits once their 230 is stripped away.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Btw are you a finance major?

I majored in business and took finance courses.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
I majored in business and took finance courses.
What was your like first job in the field and are you still working there?
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@ILikePie5
im a financial manager bro what do you think xD.