Author: warren42

Read-only
Total: 309
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
It’s only if we can’t find a suitable lynch. Miller’s are negative town roles. Possibly scum. I’d prefer to not have a miller at MYLO and LYLO
warren42
warren42
Worked for town having the miller claim at MYLO last game!
warren42
warren42
Hm... Maybe that's why Pie doesn't want it
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
I'll probably be pretty inactive the rest of the day phase. There's another game going on, hosted by a madman...

Technically it should end around midnight, but it will burn me out.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
Policy on millers folks let’s do it
When is the last time you've seen a fake miller claim, besides the one where I got CC'ed in your Narcos mafia? Genuinely asking because I've missed like 3 games on here since then. Maybe fake claiming miller suddenly became an actual scum tactic in every single game since I've left, but it's generally so rare it's not even worth considering. I did it and failed lol.
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
-->
@oromagi
The Silver State.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@WaterPhoenix
i'm utah and i win with town too.
Though I know warren took a trip through Utah, I thought he enjoyed it, but I can see why it might be miller in context of being usually mis-read to be a bad place because of all the mormons. Did you get a justification?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@BearMan
Added 08.10.20 11:40AM
--> @oromagi
The Silver State.
Oh.  Is Iron Man made from silver?  Sounds heavy.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Lunatic

Added 08.10.20 11:29AM
--> @ILikePie5
Policy on millers folks let’s do it
When is the last time you've seen a fake miller claim, besides the one where I got CC'ed in your Narcos mafia? Genuinely asking because I've missed like 3 games on here since then. Maybe fake claiming miller suddenly became an actual scum tactic in every single game since I've left, but it's generally so rare it's not even worth considering. I did it and failed lol.

Do u think MILLER is too underpowered for a bastard game?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
Do u think MILLER is too underpowered for a bastard game?
Without knowing the setup, I don't know. Also I don't think this is bastard in role set up, warren quite clearly meant it was bastard due to his own participation in it.

This game will be bastard. I'm making this very clear so nobody can be upset about it. I, as the host, will participate in the thread. Say a cop claims results. I might interject "well that assumes you're a sane cop." Or if someone votes for someone else, I may say "Oh, nice bus!" even if they aren't mafia partners. Some of the stuff I say will be true, some will be lies. Up to you to decide if I'm telling the truth or if you even bother reading what I say. This game will have some sort of theme but it'll be something really simple like food or animals or something.
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Lunatic
post 34
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@WaterPhoenix
when people hear "utah" they immediately think about all the mormons there and don't realize how much beautiful scenery there is. i'm miller cause of people "sleeping" on me.
Yeah that's literally the justification I expected.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Lunatic
-> @WaterPhoenix
i'm utah and i win with town too.
Though I know warren took a trip through Utah, I thought he enjoyed it, but I can see why it might be miller in context of being usually mis-read to be a bad place because of all the mormons. Did you get a justification?
That was his justification, right?

Utah is fucking gorgeous- as dramatic a landscape as any place on earth- Moab, Zion, Capitol Reef, Bryce, etc.  Everybody should spend at least a week in Utah.  Mormons get a bad rap.  I grew up with a bunch of Mormons and they were fine people- nearly as likely to drink and smoke and screw and apologize for their stupid religious heritage as we Catholics and much better looking.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Anything is possible in a bastard game
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
That was his justification, right?

Utah is fucking gorgeous- as dramatic a landscape as any place on earth- Moab, Zion, Capitol Reef, Bryce, etc.  Everybody should spend at least a week in Utah.  Mormons get a bad rap.  I grew up with a bunch of Mormons and they were fine people- nearly as likely to drink and smoke and screw and apologize for their stupid religious heritage as we Catholics and much better looking.

I live in Utah, so I can attest to some of this. Most mormons are okay, but there is a semi-justified stigma of them that isn't always seen. I grew up mormon and left the church when I was 16, but the Utah mormons do tend to foster a more judgmental air then Mormons from outside the state. I was extremely judgemental of people who smoked, drank, and had  tattoos for some minor examples. People who are converts aren't as likely to care about this, and people who are raised in environments where you see alot more of that even though mormon are not likely to care. Have you seen the southpark episode about the mormons? Matt Stone and Trey Parker mostly see mormons as well intentioned and likeable, and most people who interact with them outside of Utah get the same impression. But come interact with the ones in Provo, Utah you will get a VERY VERY different taste for them if your around them enough lol.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
Anything is possible in a bastard game
Again, warren mentioned this is bastard in his participation, not in included roles. Also you didn't defend my argument that no one as scum claims millers and gets away with it. And the one time someone (me) did it, it technically failed since I was CC'ed almost immediately, further adding to the point that millers are commonplace in games these days.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Lunatic
Have you seen the southpark episode about the mormons? Matt Stone and Trey Parker mostly see mormons as well intentioned and likeable, and most people who interact with them outside of Utah get the same impression.
Those guys grew up on the south side of Denver same as me and at the same time.  The Mormons they knew growing up went to the same temple as the Mormons I knew so my guess is our impressions pull from roughly the same set of people.  I haven't seen that episode or even Book of Mormon but it sounds like a similar perspective.
Barney
Barney
Sorry if I missed any updates for the dashboard. With half of us still AWOL (or I'm scum and secretly killed them already 😈), it will be extra useful to have this near the top of each page so they can get caught up more quickly.

oromagi                                                #14
ToWN                               State         Role:                         NP1 actions:
Ragnar                             .
Supadudz                       .
Bearman                        .
Discipulus_Didicit      .
Lunatic                            .
waterphoenix               Utah            MILLER  (#11)  
iLikePie5                        .
AWoL
Speedrace                    .
PressF4Respect         .
littlecookie                   .
crocodile                       .
SCuM

Barney
Barney
Press and I were a miller in the last game. This intuitively makes me less trusting of a miller claim this game, as I assume game hosts like variety of roles.

Plus WIFOM, scum would realize how little challenge such claims get; but they would know that we know this, so avoid it; unless they know that we know they they know, and go with it anyway! But wait, they know we know that they would go with it anyway, so would thus avoid it, unless we know they're avoiding it for that reason...
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Barney
@skittlez09
oromagi                                                #14
ToWN                               State         Role:                         NP1 actions:
Ragnar                             .
Supadudz                       .
Bearman                        .
Discipulus_Didicit      .
Lunatic                            .
waterphoenix               Utah            MILLER  (#11)  
iLikePie5                        .
Speedrace                    .
crocodile                       .
AWoL
PressF4Respect         .
littlecookie                   .
SCuM

Speed & croc checked in minimally.

time to press the absent

UNVOTE

VTL Littlecookie08

for state claim

Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
sorry ask me questions and stuff
Barney
Barney
-->
@Crocodile
What's your state claim? Or at least the justification for it?
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
im idaho.

apparently i like potatoes and i am boring
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Again, warren mentioned this is bastard in his participation, not in included roles. Also you didn't defend my argument that no one as scum claims millers and gets away with it. And the one time someone (me) did it, it technically failed since I was CC'ed almost immediately, further adding to the point that millers are commonplace in games these days.
Just because it doesn’t happen doesn’t mean it can’t exist. I’m policy lynching millers if there’s no suitable lynches.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
Unvote 

VTL BM
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
-->
@ILikePie5
Why?
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
hey im in school rn ill be more active later
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@BearMan
Why are trying to guess other people’s characters?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@PressF4Respect
Press is the last of the slackers.

He's my policy vote until he responds.

UNVOTE

VTL PressF4Respect
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Crocodile

im idaho.

apparently i like potatoes and i am boring
Best vegetarian deli in the west is in the small town of Victor, Idaho with a spectacular view of the Grand Tetons from the unfashionable side.

Also, Idaho is the BASE jumping capitol of the world.   That's not boring.