I am being banned over pure lies.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 141
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
I didn't dox and I was a victim in both instances of targeted harassment, Seldiora is not included. I am sorry for how angry I got at people and you can say what you want about me. At this point it's just ridiculous to me, that if I stick up for myself I get banned. I'm not even sure what I'm veing banned for other than the Hamburgler accusation which I am not sure is false.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Usually I give an angry remark then block people. People even mocked me for my repeated habit of ceasing to engage with trolls and just blocking them. 

RM blocking and reporting someone over a dis-agreement of an anime debate. 

MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
Deserved.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Aww too bad that big block post was deleted, I had a real good curb your enthusiasm meme for him claiming he never doxxed people while literally admitting it in that post to "stand up to bullies". Oh well. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
Dude, the issue is the accusation, I didn't dox in this situation at all. Regardless, I know that appealing to you is pointless given your bias towards Hamburgler and your alliance to what I assume are my haters. I stick up to bullies but sometimes there is an accusation that I make that isn't proven true and I have to take it back. I admit it, I lack proof. I think if I am wrong it still isn't a sign of the slightest good character to ditch a place that truly saved someone from homelessness. If I am wrong and he truly was saved from it, no joke, then I am happy he was but that's where my happiness for him ends. I am getting banned regardless, I am making posts to clarify why. I accept it, I was baited into a situation with Hamburgler that has affected me badly. It is not very clear to me why it's so severe but I do admit that I made an accusation.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
 I admit it, I lack proof. I think if I am wrong it still isn't a sign of the slightest good character to ditch a place that truly saved someone from homelessness. 
Mikal is more in touch with the people from that website, than practically anyone. Thus, the every night friday hangouts.
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
-->
@Lunatic
Tell him I said hi! 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
How can I know that and how can you say that without doxxing him? Serious question. If you are allowed to use his DDO username yet I'm accused of Doxxing for referring to his DDO activity under the username, how is that just/fair?

So after he ditched it and trolled, he stayed in touch? Why did he ditch it?

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Imabench
Tell him I said hi! 
Done. He says Hi and he misses you and you should join us one of these fridays in the discord
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
How can I know that and how can you say that without doxxing him?
?

If you are allowed to use his DDO username yet I'm accused of Doxxing for referring to his DDO activity under the username, how is that just/fair?
I think you are purposefully mis-interpreting the reason for your ban, but either way you should talk to the mod about it, not me. I just wanted to point out of a few of your hypocrisy's. In that post that was deleted did you not justify doxing two people because you thought they were standing up to them? It's really a shame that post was deleted, because it was the only one so far where you actually admitted to doxing, and everywhere else you denied it. I should have screenshot it haha.

So after he ditched it and trolled, he stayed in touch? Why did he ditch it?
People come and go, it's hardly ditching. He was on the site pretty regularly in DDO's last months too. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
No I didn't. I didn't remotely dox him to stand up to him. I know what you may think you are referring to but if you want to kick me down at my lowest then it hardly proves I'm the bad guy.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
No I didn't. I didn't remotely dox him to stand up to him. I know what you may think you are referring to but if you want to kick me down at my lowest then it hardly proves I'm the bad guy.
This is really your lowest? a 2 month ban from a mostly dead website?

Also this is another example of that habit I mentioned of you playing victim right after being the aggressor. I'm commenting here because you are quite aggressively calling Mikal out when he's not even here to defend himself. And now I am kicking you at your lowest. You spoke first, and I just poked a bit of fun at the hypocrisy, that is all. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
I suppose in that way I'm a hypocrite yes. In fact, I do believe the fact I had to do that rather than be able to appeal to the mods themselves is definitely a sign that the system of justice here is broken.

I know that I'm an asshole in your eyes even though you say I'm not somehow at other times, however please read Ragnar's post here regarding the evidence if my harassment. Two of the examples are so wrong and not remotely targeted harassment. One was me saying your clique is braiding hair and getting manicures, I was tokd this is either lying or doxxing... Really read his post. I accept it though, you're right. I should not speak of Hamburgler any more while he's not here to defend himself. I am sorry genuinely to you, because you're actually an okay guy unlike most of your clique. 
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@Barney
RationalMadman has been banned for 2-months. This is primarily due to the following...

"Targeted harassment of any member prohibited, as is inciting others to do so at your behest."
This one goes on endlessly. Claiming victim to the moderation team regularly via insisting roughly half the active user base are actively bullying him; while regularly being the instigator of conflict and following people around complaining at them obsessively.
This isn't against the rules just because it annoys you

A recent example of targeted harassment against voters: complaining with obscenities and drama that someone's vote was not automatically deleted for being against him. This further doubles as low level vote tampering, via informing any other potential voters what to expect if voting against him; while insisting in the vote request thread that they've troll voted (implying it needs a counter vote in his favor, when their questionable vote already is) https://www.debateart.com/debates/2114/comment_links/28755 (note, this was posted within minutes of the vote in question, denying any possibly for the admin team to review and delete it).
People complain about votes all the time. He has a flair for the dramatic,so what

A recent example of targeted harassment via the forms: Derailing a thread with insults rising to the level of extravagant made up stories about users (if not lying, it's doxxing to have spied on them braiding their hair and giving each other manicures) basically because they play board games without you. https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/4593/post-links/191128 
Same thread: Threatening to ban someone, which is impersonating moderation. https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/4593/post-links/191181 
"Impersonating moderation" lol

Accusing another member of getting a cut from a gofundme which you insist was a scam: This raises the seriousness, as it's accusing a third party of criminal activity. https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/4593/post-links/191270 
GTFO of here.  It looks like the post was deleted but he's entitled to have his conspiracy theory about an event that happened like six years ago. Mikal is not in any legal danger due to this post, the way you've worded it is incredibly dramatic

"Multi-accounting and any action indistinguishable from it is prohibited."
Technically forgiven, but still of note with recent complaints of it not being rewarded. Coordinating with someone for them to make fake accounts to give him a bunch of free wins, is still within the purview of this crime.
I dont know the context of this, if true its worth of a ban, but you also say it has been forgiven? If it has it shouldn't be relevant 

"Doxing is strictly forbidden. Without their express permission, you may not post, threaten to post, nor encourage others to post, anyone’s private or identifying information no matter how it was obtained." 
Doxing another user: While this is from a while ago, it does feed into history of poor decisions, particularly as related to being fixated on certain people.
I support a zero tolerance policy for actual Doxxing, but all he did here was threaten to Doxx someone (which he should not have done, either.) It's from October 2019, almost a year ago. It's not relevant to banning him now and shouldn't be considered

TLDR this site barely exists anyway and Rationalmadman is a key member, if this is all you've got you're clearly banning him mostly because he annoys you and he's right that the "charges" in general are trumped up, and two months is way too long
Lunatic
Lunatic
Mikal asked me to post this for him since he is banned, and can't speak for himself:

" the only reason I'm typing this is because I feel it's fair to bluesteel. You can think whatever you want of me and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. But accusing him of what you are saying is assinine. Not only did he start that, he lended me money on top of that to help me get out that situation and move. Attacking his character is not fair because he's not even here to defend himself.

In retrospect I never made good choices in DDO. I was going through a bad time. Being homeless was in fact one. Anyone who knows me, knows this is true. I openly embrace those days because of what it did for me and taught me.

Also I trolled the presidency because the position was useless. It was definitely not the correct choice, but younger days and a bad mental state can make you do things that aren't helpful

To say that I didn't care about people on that site is objectively wrong, along with saying I didn't use their help to better myself. Anyone that is close to me, knows that story and what I had to deal with it.

Ironically I also didn't asked for you to get banned. I asked for my own ban so I didn't have to deal with drama. I actually just asked Ragnar to not ban you, he can confirm that. I know you find value in this site and hopefully you can use it to help you, because it actually really did change my life and if you would stop attacking people blindly you would be surprised at the friends you make. I've been friends with these guys for 7 years and still talk to them every night.

Whatever you are looking for I hope you find, mainly responded to this to clarify what was said because it wasn't fair to bluesteel when not only did he not get any more from that, he put more money on top of it to help me get in a good spot. A very large amount. I lost track of him when I moved because I didn't have internet or a phone for months but he doesn't deserve that attack. He's one of the best people I've ever met. "

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
I suppose in that way I'm a hypocrite yes. In fact, I do believe the fact I had to do that rather than be able to appeal to the mods themselves is definitely a sign that the system of justice here is broken.

I know that I'm an asshole in your eyes even though you say I'm not somehow at other times, however please read Ragnar's post here regarding the evidence if my harassment. Two of the examples are so wrong and not remotely targeted harassment. One was me saying your clique is braiding hair and getting manicures, I was tokd this is either lying or doxxing... Really read his post. I accept it though, you're right. I should not speak of Hamburgler any more while he's not here to defend himself. I am sorry genuinely to you, because you're actually an okay guy unlike most of your clique. 

If you want my honest opinion about your ban, I don't agree with it at face value, but then I also don't know all the details and don't really care to look into them, because pointing them out in the past has proven useless. I've mentioned issues with bannings on the website before and was mostly ignored, so I've become detached with the website outside of the games forum for the occasional mafia game. I don't blame the mods, as they are just dealing with a really strict code that was made before them. I prefer a more relax style of moderation that allows for freedom of speech. 

In regards to the comment of my clique, I also think you are generalizing all of them because of the actions of one. Mikal was the one who banned you from the discord, the majority of people expressed they didn't even care if you participated or not. Only a few actually said they wouldn't play if you were there. That said, most of them are just there to play mafia anyway, and it seems you don't even get enjoyment from mafia. So if the ban made you dis-like everyone who participated in that, I think you are un-fairly grouping them all into that, when it was really just Mike who went out of the way to ban you. 
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@Lunatic
Totally agree, bluesteel was one of the smartest and nicest people ever on DDO. I think RM is being ridiculous by thinking that he tried to swindle the DDO community out of a few hundred dollars...but I also dont think RM should be banned for having weird and unfounded opinions about the actions of people 5-6 years ago on a different site 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I am sorry for accusing the user 'bluesteel' on another website for being involved in a Con that firstly I have no concrete evidence happened and secondly could have happened with bluesteel himself as a victim of it.

I am sorry for accusing the user 'DuhHamburgler' on DART and Mikal on DDO for being involved in a Con that I have no conrete evidence happened.

I am shocked that Mikal isn't spearheading me getting banned and am infinitely more confused at what is going on and who on Earth put things in the Moderation log like that me saying a clique is braiding their hair counts as doxxing and targeted harassment when it was the first time I mentioned their clique in like 1.8 years, since I think they only came into discussion in the early days of this website.

I am sorry for my actions towards Ramshutu which while they did never involve Doxxing and while I did ask permission that when it was declined, I abided by... I understand that in my fury in a particular thread that was quoted I for once was not the victim in my battles with Ramshutu and in that instance alone, I was the bully even if who I was bullying was evil. It is undeniable that I was taunting him.

I accept these things and apologise. For the rest, I stand absolutely firm in that I've done nothing wrong.

I know how fake this seems, I would still say I don't like Mikal but... I definitely respect him, after all he is DDO's highest ranking debater and whether or not a certain vote moderator's bias helped that, I do not deny the literal work ethic and perseverance required to keep grinding the Elo. I also respect him more as a war strategist, because in this situation he sought to defend his ally rather than attack me when I'm down without any benefit to himself. I genuinely respect him for that but I do not like him and I do not trust him.

This is as honest and good of an apology as you will get from me. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@thett3
Totally agree, bluesteel was one of the smartest and nicest people ever on DDO. I think RM is being ridiculous by thinking that he tried to swindle the DDO community out of a few hundred dollars...but I also dont think RM should be banned for having weird and unfounded opinions about the actions of people 5-6 years ago on a different site 
Agreed. We are trying to talk to Ragnar about RM's ban, but I don't know how much effect it will have. I am all for freedom of speech. If people are gonna say dumb things, I would rather be able to point out to them myself that what they are saying is dumb, not see them banned. I miss airmax's relaxed bannings. I am not trying to call ragnar out either, I like and respect him plenty we just have different views on how moderation should be. This is more of a social networking site, or it has always seemed that way to me, and I think reddit style banning hurts the overall activity.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
If I ever become mod. I am doing a mass reform of banning. While I think 2 months is actually adequate IMO, there are some rules in the CoC I’d change
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@Lunatic
Mikal still does regular hangouts on DDO?

After all this time, still?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Swagnarok
Yah, I subbed in for a few mafia games when they didn't have a lot of people.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
Why is it adequate??
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Swagnarok
Mikal still does regular hangouts on DDO?

After all this time, still?

Yeah we have a discord I usually post it every friday here in the games forums. We usually play live mafia
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
RM, I can't speak on the other moderators, but to let you know, I have access to some chats due to my position as a Discord Mod. I wouldn't even call it a position anymore since it is inactive and the Discord now has no connection to the site due to the publication of it, I will say a couple of things from what I saw. No offense to thett3 & Lunatic (I respect them a lot and value their opinions(I also consider Lunatic a friend)), there's a lot of stuff they do not have access to. There were times that could have acted on but decided not to due to the sole reason that you are a key member of the site. In fact I have been wrongly banned more times than you have, but I am not going to make this a pity party about me.

This ban is a culmination of certain events that occurred where we were close to pulling the trigger, but never did. With your confrontation, you specifically created a post to attract attention and went after site members such as Lunatic. I did not make a decision on this behavioral, but it warranted some action. Then your call to out more into to damage another persons reputation is harassment and it is targeted. This was a key factor in playing into your ban. 

That led us to reevaluate the warns we had and we shown our weaknesses we had when dealing with your ban. We felt that these incident could combine for a longer ban overall.

I was unaware of the stuff only accessible to mods, so I have no clue and won't comment.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
Above
Vader
Vader
Edited a bit due to some clarifications and grammar errors
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
With your confrontation, you specifically created a post to attract attention and went after site members such as Lunatic. I did not make a decision on this behavioral, but it warranted some action
If this actually has anything to do with me, I am ashamed. I don't need moderation to fight my battles, especially when I am winning them lol. I hope moderation re-considers if this actually has anything to do with RM's insult towards me. I was actually amused by his insult, and was deftly destroying him argumentatively. I prefer that kind of justice.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Such as?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
List my sins let's hash it out.