Your LEAST favorite Bible Story?

Author: ludofl3x

Total: 103
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Stephen
No it doesn't does it. But it hasn't stopped you repeating it  and presenting it as some kind of evidence that supports your original claim that god /Jesus condemned all children to death for sin. 
On the contrary, I have never used the curse on the ground to try to prove my point. The only reason I have been quoting the curse on the ground is because it is the same passage as the curse on Adam.
Genesis 3:19b
"until you return to the ground,
    since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
    and to dust you will return.”

This is the curse of death on Adam.

I have presented my argument. So far, you have only responded by misrepresenting one point of my argument and have made no attempt to refute any of the points that I made. Do you have any refutation to my argument?
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@SirAnonymous
Again. This is not evidence as much as you want it to be. 

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Stephen
Saying it doesn't make it so. Can you refute my argument?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@SirAnonymous
Saying it doesn't make it so.

I agree. But you say quite a lot that depends on evidence. Evidence that you repeatedly fail to provide.

Can you refute my argument?
I have asked you to prove YOUR claim that god condemned all babies to death for sin. Have you forgotten your own statement and your very dodgy maths? And have you forgotten my question in reply to your dodgy maths? #31  Stephen "Where in the OT  is it that god condemns all babies to death for sin." 

You have simply provided anything but that evidence to prove it. You spoke about what Romans &   Peter of the New Testament says. You mentioned psalms, You spoke about  ground being "cursed". And you have mentioned David and his out-pourings, but not a single verse where we have god lord Jehovah -  Yahweh - Jesus  speaking himself and saying  _

` I  have   condemned all babies to death for sin '. 

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Stephen

You spoke about what Romans &   Peter of the New Testament says. You mentioned psalms,
I also provided evidence that those are God's words as well. Consequently, you cannot simply dismiss them. Please either address what they say or address the evidence that they are God's words.

Have you forgotten your own statement and your very dodgy maths?
These "maths" were a syllogism, although I did not directly present them as such.
P1: The Bible says everyone is sinful.
P2: The Bible says the penalty for sin is death.
C1: Everyone deserves death.
C2: God is therefore justified whenever He kills.
You can, and have, disputed the premises. However, there is nothing "dodgy" about this.

You spoke about  ground being "cursed".
I did not. As I have said several times, the only reason I quoted the curse on the ground was because it was in the same passage as the curse on Adam. Kindly cease misrepresenting my argument and address the curse on Adam and the Scriptural evidence I have presented regarding it.
but not a single verse where we have god lord Jehovah -  Yahweh - Jesus  speaking himself and saying  _

` I  have   condemned all babies to death for sin '. 
True. I did better: I provided a verse where God condemned the entire living population of humans, excepting only 8 people, to death for sin. Please address that.

I have provided plenty of evidence. The only response you have made to it is to persistently misrepresent one part of my argument and dismiss the rest with a wave of your hand, even though you have provided no justification for doing so.

Also, I apologize if I have said anything in a rude or offensive way. While I do my best to present my arguments respectfully, I am aware that I do not always succeed.
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
Are you saying that you think the bible condones (or to some degree condones) polygamy?

As far as Abraham, he had a second wife naned Keturah. But that didn't involve adultry
So yes to polygamy, which is different from adultery. Currently, the Mormon church doesn't support polygamy, so trying to have multiple wives is considered adultery, but In Brigham Young or Abraham's time this was obviously not the case. So why the change?
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@K_Michael

So yes to polygamy, which is different from adultery. Currently, the Mormon church doesn't support polygamy, so trying to have multiple wives is considered adultery, but In Brigham Young or Abraham's time this was obviously not the case. So why the change?
Polygamy is adultery according to the bible (as you confirmed in the underlined portion). But Keturah is not an example of polygamy either as Abraham married her after Sarah's death.

It's not that there was any change at all.

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]?

The Bible defied/defies many of the cultural practices of the day. This is one of them.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@RoderickSpode

Roderickspode,

YOUR ADULTERY POST: "Polygamy is adultery according to the bible (as you confirmed in the underlined portion). But Keturah is not an example of polygamy either as Abraham married her after Sarah's death. "

Lest you forget, as usual to save further embarrassment, Jesus' inspired words state that adulterers should be put to death, remember?

“If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death." (Leviticus 20:10)

Please, for the sake of your continued embarrassment, don't give us the old Satanic apologetic ruse that pseudo-christians don't have to follow the Old Testament commands anymore, okay?  I am sure that I am preaching to the choir with you, in that Jesus stated in His Sermon on the Mount that the Old Testament Laws are to be followed then and now in the 21st century, PERIOD!

Hell, even the Bible ignorant Tradesecret knows this biblical axiom!

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN?

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Please, for the sake of your continued embarrassment, don't give us the old Satanic apologetic ruse that pseudo-christians don't have to follow the Old Testament commands anymore, okay?  I am sure that I am preaching to the choir with you, in that Jesus stated in His Sermon on the Mount that the Old Testament Laws are to be followed then and now in the 21st century, PERIOD!
I wasn't actually planning on it.

Why would I in this particular thread?
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@RoderickSpode

Roderickspode,

YOUR QUOTE OF NOT UNDERSTANDING: "I wasn't actually planning on it. Why would I in this particular thread?"

I was referring too you NOT agreeing that the Old Testament laws and commands are to be followed today. A lot of pseudo-christians like you do not include the biblical axiom that adulterers are to be put to death when upon this topic, so saith the true words of Jesus the Christ.  

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@BrotherDThomas

Roderickspode,

YOUR QUOTE OF NOT UNDERSTANDING: "I wasn't actually planning on it. Why would I in this particular thread?"

I was referring too you NOT agreeing that the Old Testament laws and commands are to be followed today. A lot of pseudo-christians like you do not include the biblical axiom that adulterers are to be put to death when upon this topic, so saith the true words of Jesus the Christ.  
And when was the last time you killed an adulterer?
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@RoderickSpode

Roderickspode,

YOUR GODLY ADMITTANCE OF ADULTERERS SHOULD BE KILLED QUOTE: "And when was the last time you killed an adulterer?

When was the last time I killed an adulterer? I have not done it as yet, and you?

In your quote above, THANK YOU for giving validity to Jesus' true words in that ALL adulterers should be murdered, where eventually like you have done, the chickens always come home to roost! LOL

NEXT?

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Tradesecret
@RoderickSpode
@BrotherDThomas
Wait, so is it okay to violate the commandment prohibiting killing provided you're killing an adulterer or male homosexuals?